• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
Screenshot 20231203 162459
ive tried to play sudoku before bc my dads played it for as long as i can remember but i could never figure it out, i think this is the first time ive ever completed one. the two mistakes where me just figuring out how to use the website lol. he sometimes tells me his newest highscores, iirc hes managed to do a very hard level in a few minutes before. this was weirdly nice to finally figure it out lol cant believe its taken me so many years but i managed to figure it out in under twenty minutes lol

edit: i did another one :)
Screenshot 20231203 164418
it reminds me a little of picross, i wonder if that could be a challenge one week :o

Last edited:
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Just bumped into this thread I will start here there's too many challenges for me to catch up on
Welcome and fantastic time! Yea don't worry you can do as little as much as you like!

New challenge coming tomorrow though so your just in time for that
ive tried to play sudoku before bc my dads played it for as long as i can remember but i could never figure it out, i think this is the first time ive ever completed one. the two mistakes where me just figuring out how to use the website lol. he sometimes tells me his newest highscores, iirc hes managed to do a very hard level in a few minutes before. this was weirdly nice to finally figure it out lol cant believe its taken me so many years but i managed to figure it out in under twenty minutes lol

edit: i did another one :)

it reminds me a little of picross, i wonder if that could be a challenge one week :o
Just shows it's never too late to start, well done!
Picross you say? ngl I had a quick look and was super confused lol, something to save though for future challenges definitely.

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Six Challenge: Clear the Ground

So I wanted to do a physical challenge but rather than just doing some random exercises I thought why not do something productive. This was inspired by having to rake up a load of leaves in my garden last week. For this challenge all you need to do is find a piece of floor/gound/space and simply clean or clear it. Could be shovelling snow, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming or even just tidying some area that has got messy. What better place to start than from the gound up!

For myself I will be having a tidy up and putting the hoover over

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
id recommend not raking leaves if u can because they are really beneficial for lawns and soil and are great for wildlife too which in turn is good for plants, plus u save time by leaving them !
but anyway, i always have to keep my floor clean otherwise my dog will eat whatevers on the ground lol, but i have a bit near my bed that she cant get to that i just chuck shit into and also is home to a few plushies that i dont have anywhere to put so ill have a go at clearing that and try to figure out where to put the lil guys :)
also yeah picross can be confusing af at first but once u get the hang of it its rly fun, i have an app on my phone that i play everyday called luna story, theres multiple versions of it and im on the third one, it has a story line but i dont rly pay attention to it i just like the gui and controls lol

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
id recommend not raking leaves if u can because they are really beneficial for lawns and soil and are great for wildlife too which in turn is good for plants, plus u save time by leaving them !
Yea we have a tree above our lawn so they come down thick, if you leave them to lay on the grass they kill it, i think a little helps but a lot smothers it.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
This one is a hard challenge for me hope I can manage it by Monday but won't worry if not. Still doing those sudokus :)
Same here, I still need to do mine, hopefully Friday. I think we all must be lazy and live in a mess haha

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
No not lazy but yes I live in a mess
Least of my worries though x
Don't worry I get it, I've spent years battling with health problems which left me unable to work or do much around the house, I desperately wanted contribute and do something and felt useless. On top of this, these were invisible conditions so to everyone else I just looked lazy. There is no judgement here, just a bit of gentle humour and encouragement. Even if someone just picked up a piece of clothing off the floor, if it was a big deal for them I would be super proud.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Did it and once I started I couldn't stop :D
That's great to hear, I think it was a difficulty challenge this week, hopefully my next one wll be a bit more relaxed and chill
I basically only did raking leaves because of this challenge! xD Still freezing cold with 34 degrees outside tho! >_<
Well done, hopefully it will be worth the effort and frostbite! It does feel nice sometimes coming in out of the cold after some hard work.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Seven Challenge: Book Club!

The first rule of Book Club: Talk about Book Club as much as you want!
The second rule of Book Club: Choose something to read, a book, a comic, a manual, I don't care, could be anything.
The third rule of Book Club: Share updates on how everything is going, what you are reading, are you enjoying it? maybe even provide a little review!

I will be reading The White Wolf by David Gemmell. I am already about two chapters in but hopefully will be reading some more Tuesday and then a load over the weekend. I've read it before but it was a long time so it's been nice so far going back over something I enjoyed before.

Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer

Feb 22, 2023
I had already started reading last week, but I'm continuing to read Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer (and likely the rest of the Southern Reach trilogy since I'm greatly enjoying it) I'm enjoying the sort of science fiction with a biology/ecology angle, and I always love books that have the vibe of an SCP story (trying to study some type of anamolous phenomenon)

W

wheredidyouleaseme

Dec 9, 2023
I am reading "This Boy's Life," by Tobiass Wolff.
It is entertaining to me and has a good pace. It is meant to be dark and depressing due to the themes. Maybe I'm too depressive, but by my standards it's not too dark, there's elements of hope. I love memoirs and coming-of-age stories and it is about a young boy and his single mother, and how he navigates their bond while she dates and tries to forge her own way. Mom sounds incredible as a woman. Enjoying it so far but hard to conentrate with the suicidal ideation at times, so i can only read a few pages at a time.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I had already started reading last week, but I'm continuing to read Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer (and likely the rest of the Southern Reach trilogy since I'm greatly enjoying it) I'm enjoying the sort of science fiction with a biology/ecology angle, and I always love books that have the vibe of an SCP story (trying to study some type of anamolous phenomenon)
That's cool, yea don't start anything new for this! nice to hear you are getting pleasure from reading
It is entertaining to me and has a good pace. It is meant to be dark and depressing due to the themes. Maybe I'm too depressive, but by my standards it's not too dark, there's elements of hope. I love memoirs and coming-of-age stories and it is about a young boy and his single mother, and how he navigates their bond while she dates and tries to forge her own way. Mom sounds incredible as a woman. Enjoying it so far but hard to conentrate with the suicidal ideation at times, so i can only read a few pages at a time.
Yea I can often only read for short periods of time even at the best of times. Even if you just manage a bit it's worth it, small steps and all that

sadwriter

sadwriter

In recovery (no longer active)
Aug 29, 2023
I'm in! I still have to decide whether I'll pick back up the book I was reading like two weeks ago or start a new one, but I'll be back when I make that decision lol.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I will be reading The White Wolf by David Gemmell. I am already about two chapters in but hopefully will be reading some more Tuesday and then a load over the weekend. I've read it before but it was a long time so it's been nice so far going back over something I enjoyed before.
Have fun with your book, carac! :D Am I allowed to dm you challenge requests btw~? :3 I've been thinking about it since week 1 but a flag making thingy sounds fun! hehe~

argh! >_< I just finished a book yesterday, so I have to finish a new one now! xD oh well~ I need to do something, and I need encouragement to do it~ Exactly with this whole thing is for in the first place! lol. Probably going to read Megenai vol. 1, Gu-pan vol. 3, or Nokemono Shoujo Domei vol. 2~

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Have fun with your book, carac! :D Am I allowed to dm you challenge requests btw~? :3 I've been thinking about it since week 1 but a flag making thingy sounds fun! hehe~

argh! >_< I just finished a book yesterday, so I have to finish a new one now! xD oh well~ I need to do something, and I need encouragement to do it~ Exactly with this whole thing is for in the first place! lol. Probably going to read Megenai vol. 1, Gu-pan vol. 3, or Nokemono Shoujo Domei vol. 2~
Yes absolutely you or anyone else can DM me challenges, it's actually encouraged as I want to be pushed myself and not just set ones I want to do.

And you don't need to finish anything this week, any amount of reading is fine. I'm pretty sure I won't be finishing my book this week!

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Leo Dcaprio & Robrt DNiro starrd in a flm versn of tht bk in th/ 90s

U mght Njy watchng aftr u hve finshd th/ bk - th/ flm ws v gd

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
never managed to get round to cleaning last week unfortunately, maybe ill try another time.
love this weeks challenge, i have a few books ive been meaning to read but my brains just never in the right space to read lol. might try finally starting hitchhikers guide to the galaxy or a manga if im not up for just words.
wishing everyone good luck!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
never managed to get round to cleaning last week unfortunately, maybe ill try another time.
love this weeks challenge, i have a few books ive been meaning to read but my brains just never in the right space to read lol. might try finally starting hitchhikers guide to the galaxy or a manga if im not up for just words.
wishing everyone good luck!
I don't think many people got around to the cleaning lol

river

river

Nov 7, 2023
oh i love this! i was reading "breasts and eggs" by mieko kawakami earlier this way but stopped halfway due to depression and haven't been able to continue since. gonna try and pick it up again later today :) good luck to everyone ^0^

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
oh i love this! i was reading "breasts and eggs" by mieko kawakami earlier this way but stopped halfway due to depression and haven't been able to continue since. gonna try and pick it up again later today :) good luck to everyone ^0^
Do your best, we are all here with you in spirit!

Personal update, I managed to get through a couple of chapters last night. I say "managed" it was very enjoyable, it's a story I have read a before a few years ago but I have forgotten most of it so it's a lot of stuff returning. It's basically about a heroic warrior, trying to discover himself and come to terms with his deeds and way of life.

Last edited:
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
Week Two Challenge: Start to learn a new language!

Why not try to learn a new language, just start with the basics and see how you go. Maybe you just want to brush up on an old language that's fine also.
Could be anything, computer language, fictional language like elvish or even sign language (which I also want to try to learn someday) Find some online resources or guides and share with us what you've done.

I decided to go with Korean, I watch a lot of South Korean shows but have never tried to learn the language. I've started with just the basics and just spoken not written yet, but I did do some swear words just for fun! I've started with a pen and pad as I remember things easier if I write them down but I will look at some digital resources like videos.
I'm already learning too many languages so I won't start a new one (it's one of my ASD special interests) but I added a new language app last week that looks really promising! (it's paid but my college offers it for free :)) ) Weird coincidence that I did that last week without seeing this post
Week One Challenge: Draw a Pokemon!
I'm very late but I wanted to do all of them. Except this one though because I don't know anything about Pokemon :')

Yours looks very cute though :)
Week Two Challenge: Start to learn a new language!

Why not try to learn a new language, just start with the basics and see how you go. Maybe you just want to brush up on an old language that's fine also.
Could be anything, computer language, fictional language like elvish or even sign language (which I also want to try to learn someday) Find some online resources or guides and share with us what you've done.

I decided to go with Korean, I watch a lot of South Korean shows but have never tried to learn the language. I've started with just the basics and just spoken not written yet, but I did do some swear words just for fun! I've started with a pen and pad as I remember things easier if I write them down but I will look at some digital resources like videos.
I'm already learning too many languages so I won't start a new one (it's one of my ASD special interests) but I added a new language app a couple weeks ago that looks really promising! (it's paid but my college offers it for free :)) )

Weird coincidence that I did that a few weeks ago without seeing this post
Week Three Challenge: Abstinence!
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.
I'm not going to do this one because my little indulgences are pretty much all I've got going for me :')

(I'm very new to the recovery section.)
Week Four Challenge: Make a dish you like

This challenge was submitted by @salai It's a pretty relaxed food related challenge this week and it's simply to make or cook something that you like. Could be fancy and extravagant or just a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. Let us know what you are going to make and if you want to, post proof. I don't see a problem with posting pics here but if you want to you can use the cooking megathread, just remember to use spoilers. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/food-eating-cooking-megathread.140057/page-2#post-2243505

I'm going to be making a little comfort food I like which is French Toast with Strawberries and Blueberries with maple syrup. I might have to wait until Friday to make it but will post in the cooking thread. I will proably add a little Sasu twist too :)
I made egg on bread! Yum!😋

Not the most difficult dish but it's protein and made me get out of bed to keep my body healthy :)
Week Five Challenge: Sudoku!

The challenge I am setting this week is to complete a Suduko puzzle. You can find them on soduko.com or many other places. If you have never seen one before the object is to fill the grid with the numbers 1-9 (in a 9x9 standard grid) without using repeating numbers in the lines and the 3x3 boxes. There are probably plenty of online guides for the uninitiated. So grab a puzzle find some time, maybe on the bus or train, on your lunch break or just bored at home and see how you get on. You could even try some with friends.

I haven't done one of these in ages so I am setting the bar pretty low. I completed an easy puzzle in just under 30 mins using only one hint and making only one mistake.
I love Sudoku!
Screenshot 2023 12 13 210247
I have an advantage because I do them a lot :ahhha:
Week Six Challenge: Clear the Ground

So I wanted to do a physical challenge but rather than just doing some random exercises I thought why not do something productive. This was inspired by having to rake up a load of leaves in my garden last week. For this challenge all you need to do is find a piece of floor/gound/space and simply clean or clear it. Could be shovelling snow, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming or even just tidying some area that has got messy. What better place to start than from the gound up!

For myself I will be having a tidy up and putting the hoover over
Week Seven Challenge: Book Club!
The first rule of Book Club: Talk about Book Club as much as you want!
The second rule of Book Club: Choose something to read, a book, a comic, a manual, I don't care, could be anything.
The third rule of Book Club: Share updates on how everything is going, what you are reading, are you enjoying it? maybe even provide a little review!

I'm really busy this week so I'll catch up on these two later :)
That's pretty damn quick, was that on easy setting? I struggle on even medium, I have no idea how people do them on any harder difficulty I think you have to start think more steps ahead.
It's not really a measure of how smart you are, but just how well you know the patterns. The more you do, the better you get. I've been doing them since I was a kid so it's a lot easier for me because I know what to look for

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I'm already learning too many languages so I won't start a new one (it's one of my ASD special interests) but I added a new language app last week that looks really promising! (it's paid but my college offers it for free :)) ) Weird coincidence that I did that last week without seeing this post

I'm very late but I wanted to do all of them. Except this one though because I don't know anything about Pokemon :')

Yours looks very cute though :)

I'm already learning too many languages so I won't start a new one (it's one of my ASD special interests) but I added a new language app a couple weeks ago that looks really promising! (it's paid but my college offers it for free :)) )

Weird coincidence that I did that a few weeks ago without seeing this post

I'm not going to do this one because my little indulgences are pretty much all I've got going for me :')

(I'm very new to the recovery section.)

I made egg on bread! Yum!😋

Not the most difficult dish but it's protein and made me get out of bed to keep my body healthy :)

I love Sudoku!

I have an advantage because I do them a lot :ahhha:

I'm really busy this week so I'll catch up on these two later :)

It's not really a measure of how smart you are, but just how well you know the patterns. The more you do, the better you get. I've been doing them since I was a kid so it's a lot easier for me because I know what to look for
Wow! I am a little overwhelmed that you took the time to address all the previous individually challenges. Dont feel like you are obligated to do anything but at the same time it is really encouraging to see that you are joining in with the spirit here.

I can't believe you don't know anything about pokemon hehe, I thought they were world renowned. And it's been surprising to see how many people like Suduko I tought it was just a fad many years ago that had been forgotten.

Good luck with the languages, it is something I would love to be able to do I just struggle a lot and never really can get past just picking up the basics.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I managed to get quite a bit of reading done Friday and Today, up to chapter 8 now, will continue to finish the book, great read so far.

New challenge coming tommorow, might be a bit of a shock!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Eight Challenge: Cold Showers

This is a user submitted challenge. You and myself are hereby challenged to take one cold shower or a series of cold showers. They suggest that you start with a normal shower temperature then turn it to cold for 2-10 minutes.

I am dreading this one a bit. It was something I wanted to do a while ago but I wasn't in a good state to build up the courage and confidence to take one. I am going to give it a go on Wednesday probably. If I am brave enough I will report back on how it went and how long I managed