• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Welcome to the weekly challenge thread!

How this works: Each week I will try to post a challenge. Challenges are open to anyone who wishes to take them up. The intention of the challenges is to give us all a bit of motivation. Maybe push us to try something we might not normally try and to get involved in an activity that we can share with others.

Rules: There are no strict rules only informal guidelines.
Challenges are open to your own interpretation so feel free to be as creative as you want and do as little or as much as you want. You are welcome to adapt the challenge to suit your own needs and requirements.
Challenges should be completed by the end of the week but this is not strict, if you see an old challenge you want to do, by all means show us. If you are a couple of days late, who cares?
Proof of completing challenges is welcome but not neccesary. I will try to post evidence such as a photo but if you want to just write that you completed it and say what you did then great. Also challenges will differ in nature so the nature of the evidence may change but please be aware not to dox yourself if this is an issue for you.

Challenge Submissions: I doubt I will be able to maintain coming up with a new challenge every week so if yo have any ideas for a challenge please submit them to me via pm and I will consider using them. This is also welcome as I would like to get other peoples perspectives on how they want to challenge people, not only my own.
Week One Challenge: Draw a Pokemon!

DSCF2974

Last edited:
pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
That looks amazing, love the colour, thanks for being the first to take part!
You don't have to sugar coat so much, it doesn't look that good, proportions are very off and generally its a very simplistic version of my favourite Pokémon lol, but I hope more people will post cuz some of them are really skilled

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
You don't have to sugar coat so much, it doesn't look that good, proportions are very off and generally its a very simplistic version of my favourite Pokémon lol, but I hope more people will post cuz some of them are really skilled
And you don't have to be an artist, that's the point of these that anyone can take part so well done. I hope more people join in too!

A

achb

Student
Oct 23, 2023
Are these going to be art challenges or a variety of different challenges? Either way, I'm down! I'm lacking motivation today, but maybe I'll draw a pokemon tomorrow.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Awesome idea! :D It forced me to improve a little on my digital art skills! hehe~ Unfortunately, I messed up the layering, but I now know for next time! ^_^
Unfortunately, a mousepad still sucks just as much as it always does tho! >_<

Anyways, Sandshrew's here to give you all a big hug! >w<
Sandshrew

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Awesome idea! :D It forced me to improve a little on my digital art skills! hehe~ Unfortunately, I messed up the layering, but I now know for next time! ^_^
Unfortunately, a mousepad still sucks just as much as it always does tho! >_<

Anyways, Sandshrew's here to give you all a big hug! >w<
That looks ace! I don't think you messed up anything :) I need to work on my digital skills too, maybe I will try on a future drawing challenge
Thanks for joining in, you are most welcome
Are these going to be art challenges or a variety of different challenges? Either way, I'm down! I'm lacking motivation today, but maybe I'll draw a pokemon tomorrow.
Definetly not, I have a couple of ideas for following weeks and they are nothing to do with art. I will probably go back to art though if I run out of ideas. Also I am accepting ideas for new challenges so I can get a diversity of views, I don't want to be the only one setting them.

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i love this idea :)
heres my shitty drawing of pyukumuku, the only pokemon ive ever rly cared about bc i got a little figure of him in a random gachapon and ive loved him ever since. i didnt have the energy to get out of bed and use my drawing tablet that i havent used in years so i just drew it on my phone lol
Screenshot 20231031 204237
edit: its funny i just replied to a thread a few minutes ago saying how i havent created anything in so long bc i stopped being able to enjoy creating things but i actually enjoyed drawing this even tho it took me like five minutes lmao

Last edited:
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
i love this idea :)
heres my shitty drawing of pyukumuku, the only pokemon ive ever rly cared about bc i got a little figure of him in a random gachapon and ive loved him ever since. i didnt have the energy to get out of bed and use my drawing tablet that i havent used in years so i just drew it on my phone lol

edit: its funny i just replied to a thread a few minutes ago saying how i havent created anything in so long bc i stopped being able to enjoy creating things but i actually enjoyed drawing this even tho it took me like five minutes lmao
Awesome! We are starting to build quite the collection of sasu pokemons

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

I told you.
Jul 10, 2023
Hello everyone
First of all, amazing artworks!
I really love the idea of this challenge :)
I'm trying to overcome artblock, so I did a quick sketch of Mimikyu (he kinda reminds me of myself haha)
hope you have an amazing day!
View attachment 122366
This drawing reminds me of a friend of mine who passed recently.. I don't know much about pokemon but this character in the drawing and the character in their pfp look very similar..

Nice art btw :)

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Hello everyone
First of all, amazing artworks!
I really love the idea of this challenge :)
I'm trying to overcome artblock, so I did a quick sketch of Mimikyu (he kinda reminds me of myself haha)
hope you have an amazing day!
Incredible, it's not a competition but I wish I could give a prize to this one!
Is this going to be weekly art challenges or will there be more of a variety?
Hey thank's for joining in, your Pokemon looks so good, just like you haha! There will be a variety, not just art

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Two Challenge: Start to learn a new language!

Why not try to learn a new language, just start with the basics and see how you go. Maybe you just want to brush up on an old language that's fine also.
Could be anything, computer language, fictional language like elvish or even sign language (which I also want to try to learn someday) Find some online resources or guides and share with us what you've done.

I decided to go with Korean, I watch a lot of South Korean shows but have never tried to learn the language. I've started with just the basics and just spoken not written yet, but I did do some swear words just for fun! I've started with a pen and pad as I remember things easier if I write them down but I will look at some digital resources like videos.

DSCF2987

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I've been learning Interslavic for a few weeks now, it's been pretty fun so far but there's one alphabet/script that I just can't learn so I decided to make a meme from it.
Nice, so you have something to work on already! good luck getting your head around it. Let us know how you get on

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I'm already in the midst of learning 2 languages, so rather than start another, I'm going to challenge myself to consume a piece of media in both languages. I'll read a book in one and watch a movie in the other
Excellent idea
If programming languages fall under the "languages" category I should start learning one. I wanted to create a game for quite a long time so maybe it's time :)
Yep any "language" I even said in my post "Could be anything, computer language"

WeirdTheaterKid02

WeirdTheaterKid02

Jul 1, 2022
Welcome to the weekly challenge thread!

How this works: Each week I will try to post a challenge. Challenges are open to anyone who wishes to take them up. The intention of the challenges is to give us all a bit of motivation. Maybe push us to try something we might not normally try and to get involved in an activity that we can share with others...
Alright I tried.

Attachments

• 49445E28-7B11-4046-8D06-B56F14A0E846.png
    49445E28-7B11-4046-8D06-B56F14A0E846.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Three Challenge: Abstinence!
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.

pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
Week Three Challenge: Abstinence!
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.
I'm addicted to caffeine. I tried many times to stop, never succeded. I guess imma try again this week and see how I feel afterwards. Withdrawal symptoms were always pretty harsh for me but it is what it is.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I'm addicted to caffeine. I tried many times to stop, never succeded. I guess imma try again this week and see how I feel afterwards. Withdrawal symptoms were always pretty harsh for me but it is what it is.
Don't put to much pressure on yourself, just do what you can manage, even if you just gave up one cup it's something.