• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.
Oh my god I just ate a snack with sugar in it as I was reading this 😂

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Week Three Challenge: Abstinence!
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

My second challenge will be to consume no added sugar for 24hrs. I eat far too much sugar so I'm going to have a day when I only have naturally occuring sugars. Might be a bit tough as most produced store bought food contains even a small amount of added sugar so I may need to make my own bread and cut a lot of things out for a day.
going to try something in particular! o7 Maybe for the whole week? Don't feel like saying tho! hehe~ :)

• Love
Reactions: Siderly and carac
CandyK__

CandyK__

Mercy on me, would you please spare me tonight?
Mar 13, 2023
Is there something that you want to cut back on or cut out completely? Something that could be causing you harm or not good for you yet you can't seem to stop. Now is your chance to give it a try. Choose something you want to give up for a certain period of time, and don't do that thing for as long as you set yourself, couldn't be easier!

I'm going to set myself two challenges that I haven't completed yet but will update when I do. For my first I will not use Facebook for 24hrs, I hate social media but I use FB to keep in touch with local groups but I've found myself logging in everday so I'm going to take a whole day off the site. This should be pretty easy for me as I cut myself off that site for 2 years before lol

so this time I'll quit smoking for good.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
going to try something in particular! o7 Maybe for the whole week? Don't feel like saying tho! hehe~ :)
I'm fascinated to see what it is! just manage what you can, good luck
so this time I'll quit smoking for good.
That sounds like a huge goal you have set yourself! The best of luck to you, makes the goals I set myself rather small lol

Last edited:
Sunny13111

Sunny13111

Trying not to live for others
Oct 24, 2023
I'm fascinated to see what it is! just manage what you can, good luck

That sounds like a huge goal you have set yourself! The best of luck to you, makes the goals I set myself rather small locar

@carac you seem a lovely human being. Thank you for being you xa

• Love
Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Update: I am 20hrs into my no Facebook challenge and haven't had any added sugar for about 14hrs now

I know these are pretty easy to do, I just wanted to set something for myself that was easily accomplishable

sadwriter

sadwriter

In recovery (no longer active)
Aug 29, 2023
Man, I can't actually think of any vices to give up off the top of my head. I guess that's a good position to be in?!

There is this one phone game that I'm pretty addicted to, come to think of it. I'll give that up for the remainder of this challenge!
Update: I am 20hrs into my no Facebook challenge and haven't had any added sugar for about 14hrs now

I know these are pretty easy to do, I just wanted to set something for myself that was easily accomplishable
Also, giving up added sugar is no joke. I think you deserve to give yourself more credit

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Man, I can't actually think of any vices to give up off the top of my head. I guess that's a good position to be in?!

There is this one phone game that I'm pretty addicted to, come to think of it. I'll give that up for the remainder of this challenge!
Nothing is compelled here it can be just a bit of fun, you can just do it as long as you want. I get pretty addicted to games too, probably should take a look at that lol

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I managed to stay sober all of yesterday!! Going to try to continue it today (until the evening at least) but I haven't been able to cut down/abstain in years so maybe this is the start of my reduction journey
Congtratz, good luck with today, I think sometimes just cutting back rather than cutting off completely can be good if that's what works for you.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I will stop doing anything electronically that is not related to work I need to get done tomorrow.
That's sounds like an interesting one. I do often wonder how reliant we have become upon electricity, how would many of us cope if for a day we had no access to electric?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
im gonna try not looking at my phone for the rest of the day (its nearly 12pm here so half a day). i normally go to sleep watching smthn on my phone so that might be difficult but ill give it a go. ive been doom scrolling a lot recently bc of whats going on in the world and its making me a lot more suicidal so maybe a day off would be good.
thanks for this thread carac, i struggle to do things for myself but being prompted by someone else and having it framed as a challenge makes it much more palatable for my brain if that makes any sense lol. <3

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
im gonna try not looking at my phone for the rest of the day (its nearly 12pm here so half a day). i normally go to sleep watching smthn on my phone so that might be difficult but ill give it a go. ive been doom scrolling a lot recently bc of whats going on in the world and its making me a lot more suicidal so maybe a day off would be good.
thanks for this thread carac, i struggle to do things for myself but being prompted by someone else and having it framed as a challenge makes it much more palatable for my brain if that makes any sense lol. <3
Yea I think we often spend too long on our phones and also there can be a health and an unhealthy way to use our phones. Too much doom scrolling and looking at people posting about their "perfect lives" is often not a good thing

It's great to see you joining in and great to see so many others taking up the challenge

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
already failed lol i completely forgot i wasnt supposed to look at my phone and just spent an hour doom scrolling again. its fucking scary how fast it wastes time, it didnt feel like an hour at all. maybe just not looking at social media would be a better first step. i dont have much else to do to occupy my mind so ill just allow myself to play puzzle games and listen to music and browse sasu, doing those doesnt actively ruin my mental health like social media does, at least not that i can tell. i need hobbies lol.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That's sounds like an interesting one. I do often wonder how reliant we have become upon electricity, how would many of us cope if for a day we had no access to electric?
I can tell you, I would CTB, when I'm not in a halfway ok mood and I can't access SS.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
already failed lol i completely forgot i wasnt supposed to look at my phone and just spent an hour doom scrolling again. its fucking scary how fast it wastes time, it didnt feel like an hour at all. maybe just not looking at social media would be a better first step. i dont have much else to do to occupy my mind so ill just allow myself to play puzzle games and listen to music and browse sasu, doing those doesnt actively ruin my mental health like social media does, at least not that i can tell. i need hobbies lol.
Lol don't worry I did that with my no Facebook challenge, started in the morning then couple of hours later just absently minded clicked on it. I started again though and it's actually been almost 48hrs now ive been off that site, might have to check it soon though haha.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Lol it didn't go well. I woke up early in a lot of pain and after 2 hours of trying to fall back asleep I just reached over for the phone because I was in too much pain to get up and do something useful or fall back asleep. An hour and a half later I stumbled out of bed and got ready. I went to do some work on the computer and then drove to school. Everything was incredibly blurry today (like a lot more than usual). I got to school and did some work until it was dark out and then drove back. Then I did a little more work but my eyes started hurting so I lied down in bed with the pillow on my face and listened to a podcast for 2 hours. I ate dinner and watched the news with a family member. It's weird how the world continously falls into more and more chaos around us and yet life brutally continues at a slow and steady, never ending pace. It's like I'm living in a simulation.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Lol it didn't go well. I woke up early in a lot of pain and after 2 hours of trying to fall back asleep I just reached over for the phone because I was in too much pain to get up and do something useful or fall back asleep. An hour and a half later I stumbled out of bed and got ready. I went to do some work on the computer and then drove to school. Everything was incredibly blurry today (like a lot more than usual). I got to school and did some work until it was dark out and then drove back. Then I did a little more work but my eyes started hurting so I lied down in bed with the pillow on my face and listened to a podcast for 2 hours. I ate dinner and watched the news with a family member. It's weird how the world continously falls into more and more chaos around us and yet life brutally continues at a slow and steady, never ending pace. It's like I'm living in a simulation.
I don't know what to say.... Sorry you had such a hard time, maybe it would have been better to try something more gradual like just giving up a particular app or device. Well done for trying though, that's half the battle I think

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I made a silent challenge to myself when I saw this week's challenge. I wanted to go two days without drinking. From Monday to Thursday, I actually went four!

I unfortunately broke my abstinence yesterday when I went out, and I'm not really happy about that, but I think four days is the longest I went without drinking for a really, really long time, so I'm still proud of myself for going that long. I'm going to see if I can go even longer next week, and commit myself to not buying any. I have to find better ways to deal with stress, and there are a lot of healthier things I should start trying in order to manage it.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I made a silent challenge to myself when I saw this week's challenge. I wanted to go two days without drinking. From Monday to Thursday, I actually went four!

I unfortunately broke my abstinence yesterday when I went out, and I'm not really happy about that, but I think four days is the longest I went without drinking for a really, really long time, so I'm still proud of myself for going that long. I'm going to see if I can go even longer next week, and commit myself to not buying any. I have to find better ways to deal with stress, and there are a lot of healthier things I should start trying in order to manage it.
That's amazing, I'm so proud. I did that myself, I stopped using facebook for 24hrs then ended up staying off for about 3 days. You shouldn't be unhappy that you broke it you should focus on what you accomplished.

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
That's amazing, I'm so proud. I did that myself, I stopped using facebook for 24hrs then ended up staying off for about 3 days. You shouldn't be unhappy that you broke it you should focus on what you accomplished.
Thank you for being proud of me! I'm proud of you as well, social media can be really addictive and really hard to get off of. I remember being one of those people on Facebook that was always in jail, lol, being off of it for three to thirty days was hard back then, but well earned. I'm trying to slowly get off all socials myself but the one that I'm on is hard to get off of completely. So disconnecting yourself for three days is an accomplishment I admire, congratulations on not only meeting but exceeding your goal!

I'll try not to focus on the negative. I am really proud of myself for doing it, and it's given me hope that I can go on for longer next time. Everyone who attempted the challenge this week should be proud of themselves, we all succeeded in putting in an effort and that's an all around win!

une vie grotesque

une vie grotesque

chronically suicidal
Mar 6, 2023

this came at a great time lmao i'm trying to stop drinking!!! if i can do it for a week then i can do it for more time!!

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
this came at a great time lmao i'm trying to stop drinking!!! if i can do it for a week then i can do it for more time!!
Awesome! New challenge coming in a couple of hours but no reason why you can't keep going with this one. Good luck and feel to update on how it's going

Reactions: une vie grotesque
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Week Four Challenge: Make a dish you like

This challenge was submitted by @salai It's a pretty relaxed food related challenge this week and it's simply to make or cook something that you like. Could be fancy and extravagant or just a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. Let us know what you are going to make and if you want to, post proof. I don't see a problem with posting pics here but if you want to you can use the cooking megathread, just remember to use spoilers. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/food-eating-cooking-megathread.140057/page-2#post-2243505

I'm going to be making a little comfort food I like which is French Toast with Strawberries and Blueberries with maple syrup. I might have to wait until Friday to make it but will post in the cooking thread. I will proably add a little Sasu twist too :)

Last edited:
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
Untitledpk

So this is my late submission for the week one challenge - (I only drew the pokemon on the right, the left ones were used as reference).
I'm very newb so I only tried to change their perspective a bit not to deform them too much.

This is a bit OT, but I wanted to take this opportunity to suggest maybe a separate thread based on a similar idea, where there's only drawing involved and every week people is challenged to draw something different.

I've always dreamed of becoming a good artist and to know how to draw, but I couldn't do it for lack of motivation/depression and the usual stuff many in here can relate...
I think a thread like the suggested one could help keeping my motivation high by also seeing the work of other artists that take part in the challenge.
It could also be a way to share a common passion, drawing, with other members of the forum...

I'd wish to know what are your opinions on this.

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
So this is my late submission for the week one challenge - (I only drew the pokemon on the right, the left ones were used as reference).
I'm very newb so I only tried to change their perspective a bit not to deform them too much.

This is a bit OT, but I wanted to take this opportunity to suggest maybe a separate thread based on a similar idea, where there's only drawing involved and every week people is challenged to draw something different.

I've always dreamed of becoming a good artist and to know how to draw, but I couldn't do it for lack of motivation/depression and the usual stuff many in here can relate...
I think a thread like the suggested one could help keeping my motivation high by also seeing the work of other artists that take part in the challenge.
It could also be a way to share a common passion, drawing, with other members of the forum...

I'd wish to know what are your opinions on this.
Amazing, these look so professional, it's never too late to post about a previous challenge, thankyou for sharing your work. A seperate art thread might be cool, just this morning I wanted to draw a castle but need some encouragement. I will try to include some more art based challenges here eventually, just trying to mix it up at the moment so there is something for everyone and we are pushed out of our comfort zone sometimes.