• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

struggles_inc

struggles_inc

Trying to heal
Jun 24, 2023
Hi everyone! I'm finally back from Italy. I had a 3-week trip around the Northern part. It was beautiful and all, and I will post pictures on Offtopic thread, but… there were things that got on my nerves so much I got sick.

I went with my family. Mom, sister and her little son. Since I'm the only one with multiple languages, I was constantly used as a simultaneous interpreter. Like, all the time? Like I was hired or something, and not on vacation. And there was a scandal that one time I refused to translate a simple phone call and suggested they use Google instead.

Scandals will be a recurring theme in this narrative. Eventually someone argued every fucking day of the trip.
One time we went to the opera. I'm a big fan and Italian opera surely has a place in my heart. That was a complex 4-hour opera which required high technical skill. I LOVE! Operas like that. But my sister didn't enjoy it at all, constantly interrupting me from listening and asking how much time is left. When it ended, she started arguing that I didn't consider her wishes and dragged her here. Like she wasn't invited by me and totally didn't know where she went. Cool.

Then there was that one time when we went to a restaurant. For some reason unknown to me, my mom assumed I totally know the city and where to go. It was raining heavily and I had no Internet connection. Explaining didn't work, trying to reason with my mother is absolutely useless and I learned it after 20+ years of trying, so we went searching for a good place to eat. On foot, of course. We found it and everything was cool until next day I had a high fever. Like, you know… when you send someone lurking in the rain, they might get sick. Surprised, are you?

That is the moment my vacation went downhill completely. Everything was hurting and I couldn't stand up properly despite me having to literally travel to another city next day. Atop all that, my sister got offended (??) that I got sick and started a huge scandal that lasted for two days. Basically she didn't want to help me do stuff.

The good part was that I bought some books I really wanted. However, even though I carried those in my luggage, my mom got offended and called me ungrateful, because I didn't help her carry her luggage. Despite that I totally did and she just refused to hand it to me every time I tried to grab it.

The kid was fun. We watched some anime together. He misbehaved sometimes, but hey, he's just a kid. I felt sorry for him every time he was involved in a scandal.

So… that's it. Italy was beautiful. I adore opera and the food. But fuck me and my stupid ass for coming there with my family.

I guess loving them at a distance is what really works.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Well, you have learned something. Next time, travel with a like-minded companion, or several. (You could travel alone, and I have done some of that, but my preference is to travel with someone.)