• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
with gratitude to all members who have documented SN attempts... using the list compiled by @neville1 and a couple of other cases, i've created two publicly accessible google documents: SN "successes" and SN failures. both detail members' methods and experiences as extensively as i could from the details provided. i've included most questions from other members and the attempters' answers to them; most applicable in the failed-attempts document.

basically, i thought this might make a useful resource to people looking for (ostensibly) real-life SN-attempt methods and experiences in single documents rather than searching through the forum.

the reason i place quotes around "successes" is that, in most cases, there's no substantial verification of success. i did notice a couple of cases do have verification, but i haven't highlighted those (like the vomiters) yet.
i apologise to the (inevitably many) members i've missed/overlooked. gah, just realised i forgot ShawnShatto! i'll do that tomorrow. please feel free to add your own or suggest other accounts of attempts, or remove your record for any reason.

cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Very well written and informative, thank you for taking the time to compile these resources! I know I definitely appreciate not having to search through all the goodbye threads. I did notice that I didn't see BPD_LE, and I believe she used SN. Thank you again, this is wonderful.

S

Soulstax

Jan 12, 2020
This is excellent, thank you!

Interesting to note is all the cases of failure seem to be thanks to being found and rescued, or only taking a few sips before giving up. Seems the success is very high if not found, and if the full recommended amount is taken.

Last edited:
Enshadowed

Enshadowed

Dec 19, 2019
Big thanks for taking the time to put all of this together. A lot more successes and failures than I figured. Definitely makes it a lot easier than searching for them all.

There certainly are a lot more successes listed than I imagined as well.

Reactions: notjustyetagain
RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Thank you so much for compiling this. Some things i learned from the successful attempts is the following:

SN is very salty.
It will burn your throat but no real pain, just some discomfort.
You will feel some discomfort in your stomach as well.
Your heart will start beating very fast.
You might throw up.
You'll feel queasy and need to rest.

Also Moonicide seemed like she was going through hell, it wasn't easy reading her experience. May she rest peacefully.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Thank you so much for this! I needed the reminder of the 16 survivals to overcome confirmation bias. Not all were because of being found, and some experienced suffering. I wish there was so much anecdotal evidence available for chloroquine!

Last edited:
Fiadh

Fiadh

Dec 12, 2019
Thank you so much for your time and patience to do this. This spreadsheets certainly helps put things in perspective and helps us understand this method better.

Reactions: notjustyetagain
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
That's what I was thinking, I know Stan has a very detailed guide and maybe it was such a minor side effect it wasn't worth mentioning but if it can be avoided shouldn't we try?
I wonder what other people think of this.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
To avoid the throat burning can you take a Halls cough drop or something to coat it before hand or will it burn regardless?
Some of the things listed in here might be helpful :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/n-taste-guide-draft.26278/

See "Basic" / "Further" approaches sections.
However, that guide was written for "N", so not all those may be suitable for SN, so apply caution....

e.g. chasing with baileys or other alcohol is probably a bad idea for SN (unless anyone thinks otherwise ?)
I don't know whether mixing with some syrup would be a good idea (but if anyone has thoughts then please share)

Last edited:
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
The information gathered and collated by members of late is nothing short of staggering. I salute you all for the outstanding contributions you are making to this place. Hopefully, it can all be placed in the resources section and protected for everyone, present and future, to refer to.

Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
Incredible, detail-oriented work as usual, notjustyetagain! I hope you're not having trouble sleeping again.

Having all this data together could be useful for estimating the lethality of sodium nitrite. And providing evidence on how well anti-emetics help prevent vomiting. And lots of other things that people could come up with.

You might even turn this into published research if you wanted to go that far with it.

Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:
peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
Thank you very much for creating this resource

On a note: I think it's important that you or someone else on this forum download a copy of the Google docs as Google is a very pro-life company and doesn't hesitate deleting things from Google drive. It would be a shame for this work to be deleted.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
with gratitude to all members who have documented SN attempts... using the list compiled by @neville1 and a couple of other cases, i've created two publicly accessible google documents: SN "successes" and SN failures. both detail members' methods and experiences as extensively as i could from the details provided. i've included most questions from other members and the attempters' answers to them; most applicable in the failed-attempts document.

basically, i thought this might make a useful resource to people looking for (ostensibly) real-life SN-attempt methods and experiences in single documents rather than searching through the forum.

the reason i place quotes around "successes" is that, in most cases, there's no substantial verification of success. i did notice a couple of cases do have verification, but i haven't highlighted those (like the vomiters) yet.
i apologise to the (inevitably many) members i've missed/overlooked. gah, just realised i forgot ShawnShatto! i'll do that tomorrow. please feel free to add your own or suggest other accounts of attempts, or remove your record for any reason.
Thank you for you hard work in combining all these SN cases into one document. I didn't realize there were 60+ SN cases. What you did organizing all these in one place is amazing and a lot of help to me and others.

I didn't see @MeltingHeart there.

Last edited:
notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
can't believe i forgot BPD_LE! added. can't find an account of Shawn Shatto's attempt, don't know her SS username. added anyway. EDIT: removed again -- kakabushi is Shawn Shatto (thanks @Neville1!).

i appreciate the positive feedback, thankyou. i'll try to keep an eye on SN goodbye threads, but some users posted their attempts in the SN megathread or random smaller threads; if you're willing/able i'd appreciate any help re keeping track of SN attempts. admittedly these accounts are no substitute for clinically observed SN deaths... but those are hardly falling from the sky. i think moonicide's account, with partner observations, is about as good as it can get on SS.

re the burning-throat issue, yes quite common. swallowed (i.e. whole-throat) numbing agents may interact badly with SN, but a numbing lozenge doesn't seem like a big risk. IIRC none of the accounts focus heavily on the throat pain or describe it as unbearable, sounds more like a low-/medium-strength unpleasant irritation... OTOH if it increases the risk of vomiting, a numbing agent might be a useful addition. would be nice to get rid of taste too. bizarre factoid: chlorhexidine, an antiseptic that's OTC in many countries, is the only known blocker of the human salty taste.

Last edited:
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Not really seeing that to be the case, seems more like it's mostly people being found, or stopping early and calling for help. I'm not really even convinced antis are that necessary considering the amount of people vomiting and still passing.
Or if they didn't drink the right amount.

listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
Thank you for the compilation! Seems like taking lots of antiemetic is really important

Last edited: