girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
hi. so yea, i just want to be able to find a place where i can post photography involving self harm without getting booted.

i already tried selfharm.pics but like, their name is extremely misleading. you can't actually post sh photographs and get feedback on the photography because thats 'glorifying' sh. jfc. to be clear i'm not looking for a place where people are having a self harm pissing contest. i literally am a photographer and id like to be able to post photos involving self harm and get feedback on the quality of the photos.

the people on that site seemed to take exception to this request and told me to get help 🙄

so yea. just looking for website recommendations. please don't argue with me about self harm. i'm in/have been in more therapy than most people will ever experience.

if i seem angry it's because i am. the people i talked to on that site were kind of. dick nuggets?

thanks 💗

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Post it here? There community is pretty accepting and diverse. Should be other photographers that can give you feedback. As long as you spoiler the image and the image is not nsfw in a sexual way you should be fine. I also suggest to avoid posting pictures with your face in it.

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
I've been looking for a while, because I was interested in a website that fit the description of what you mentioned, but to no avail. This site is likely your best bet, since all the other websites I looked into specifically stated no self-harm pictures or anything that could be perceived as sh. Kind of ironic you can't post photos about your self-harm, in a website supposedly designed to discuss it.

I posted about self-harm once on another website, and I was told that "I'm a loser for being so weak mentally that I resorted to mutilating myself". I know pictures of cut up skin aren't exactly the kind of photo you want to click on unexpectedly, but it really doesn't help. Point is, the internet is ruthless and void of empathy for the most part. Sanctioned Suicide is probably one of the kindest sites I've been to. So, as long as you follow the forum post rules, you can probably post pictures and get other people to discuss it with you.

girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
Post it here? There community is pretty accepting and diverse. Should be other photographers that can give you feedback. As long as you spoiler the image and the image is not nsfw in a sexual way you should be fine. I also suggest to avoid posting pictures with your face in it.
oh for some reason i thought we couldn't post pictures of that. thanks!
I've been looking for a while, because I was interested in a website that fit the description of what you mentioned, but to no avail. This site is likely your best bet, since all the other websites I looked into specifically stated no self-harm pictures or anything that could be perceived as sh. Kind of ironic you can't post photos about your self-harm, in a website supposedly designed to discuss it.

I posted about self-harm once on another website, and I was told that "I'm a loser for being so weak mentally that I resorted to mutilating myself". I know pictures of cut up skin aren't exactly the kind of photo you want to click on unexpectedly, but it really doesn't help. Point is, the internet is ruthless and void of empathy for the most part. Sanctioned Suicide is probably one of the kindest sites I've been to. So, as long as you follow the forum post rules, you can probably post pictures and get other people to discuss it with you.
im sorry they said that to you. people are so judgmental and ignorant about sh.

yea i got kind of mad. like why is your url selfharm.pics and you can't actually post that? it makes no sense. i keep trying to google it and just getting articles about self harm and social media 🙄 and they were like, chastising me for being passive aggressive while they were themself being passive aggressive as fuck. like???

you're not weak or a loser. sh is a coping skill. its maladaptive, but people do it for a reason. thanks for your response 💗

Last edited:
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I think r/selfharmscars still exists but I am not sure if that's what you're looking for

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
thank you!! could you potentially link me/tell me where an explanation of how to spoiler an image i cant figure it out am a fool sry
spoiler for images, videos, text, etc.

spoiler

bracket all uppercase spoiler closed bracket image or text or video bracket slash all uppercase spoiler closed bracket

this one's for blurring text

spoiler

same steps but with all uppercase ispoiler

or you can use the 1st one by selecting the eye icon with a line through it and highlight whatever

blurry one is the mask icon

girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023
spoiler for images, videos, text, etc.

spoiler

bracket all uppercase spoiler closed bracket image or text or video bracket slash all uppercase spoiler closed bracket

this one's for blurring text

spoiler

same steps but with all uppercase ispoiler

or you can use the 1st one by selecting the eye icon with a line through it and highlight whatever

blurry one is the mask icon
im so sorry i keep asking questions im not used to forums anymore. can you only spoiler images on desktop?

all i see is the 'attach files' option and like…i cant put text before or after it it just seems to be separate from the post?

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I highlighted (you should see purple after you hold onto the image you attached in the text/reply box) the image and then selected the spoiler icon with the crossed out eye I hope this helps @girlboything
(I did this on mobile btw)

Reactions: girlboything
girlboything

girlboything

drugged up doll
Jun 1, 2023

test post

• Yay!
Reactions: StarlightDreamer