• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
my friend needs me and my other friend + my brothers bdays are coming up so serious attempts are unoptionally put on hold, might as well work on recovery.

disclaimer: i do not want to hear that medication only makes things worse/doesnt help or any other negative comments towards it. i will report it and have the comment removed. also for those giving me valuable information please read through everything not just the title, i dont want to have to repeat myself.

does anyone know anything about the title? have you experienced it? know anyone that did? below ill share what i do know.

im asking because for those of you that havent read these are my options:
1) stay on buspirone, upping the does from 5mg x2 / daily to 7.5mg x2 / daily. hopefully to help with anxiety its currently not helping with anxiety however it is keeping voices away. this option however does not help with my depression and will most likely still lead to my suicide.
2) go off the buspirone and change it out for 5mg citalopram, most likely making the voices come back and again, most likely leading to my suicide because i literally cant stand them. i know abuse is wrong but they can stay locked in their room and not come out (for those that dont understand the reference the voices are still there i just dont have to listen to them. they are basically in another room just handing me notes which is a million times better then listening to them argue)
3) stay on the buspirone (not messing with the dose) and add 5mg citalopram which risks serotonin syndrome and possible death.

right now im looking into option 3 as that is what i would prefer however recovery just to die seems a bit backwards and id prefer to avoid that. i would also like to add that i seem to be (my psychiatrist even stating) that i am sensitive to medication, so whatever might happen to most, i have to plan for it to happen and question if im really willing to risk that. if my understanding is right, i think im willing to risk it.

this is what i know:

from my understanding you dont just 'wake up' dead one morning. its not sudden, there are warning signs. this is the one thing that is making me say risk it. stop it if anything weird happens. so advice/stories much appreciated.

Reactions: LittleJem
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I know medication sensitivity changes things and I don't understand what that's like, but I would say add both of them together. Like you said, there are signs of serotonin syndrome, especially if you are looking for it. But I think if you start low you should be okay. Wish you the best

C

Cronetappingout

Feb 13, 2020
I believe I had that for a while on a med I was taking. I strongly suggest being aware of the symptoms and have your psychologist on speed dial. If the dr is willing to work with you. You will know right away if you are developing serotonin syndrome and they can get you off that med.
Be aware and be careful. The med I was on made me super suicidal, but you do have a choice and please choose to phone your dr and get it switched. Take care.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
I know medication sensitivity changes things and I don't understand what that's like, but I would say add both of them together. Like you said, there are signs of serotonin syndrome, especially if you are looking for it. But I think if you start low you should be okay. Wish you the best
Yeah I meant to add I plan on starting out at 5mg lol (I plan on double checking my dose research today to make sure but I think I'm right)
@Rustysoupcan @Cronetappingout thank you. This information does make me feel better

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'd do option 3 if it's low risk. All medications have risks. I hope it helps