• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nevergoodenough91

nevergoodenough91

Really trying to discover what is going on
Jun 20, 2023
I want to be more vulnerable and open with my emotions and feelings, but it has become so reflexive and habitual to shut them down that I dont even know what they are most of the time. Do I need to help myself feel safe? Im not sure

• Aww..
Reactions: LittleCupcake
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I'd try starting with helping other people be more vulnerable. Reply to some people on here going through difficulties with trouble like you are and be patient listening to them.

Your brain is telling you it's not good or safe to open up, so I'm hoping this would help you experience other people opening up and see it as a positive thing.

Reactions: nevergoodenough91
nevergoodenough91

nevergoodenough91

Really trying to discover what is going on
Jun 20, 2023
Its a defensive mechanism. just need to push though the urge to shut down, It does get easier to share but it takes alot of time.
I'd try starting with helping other people be more vulnerable. Reply to some people on here going through difficulties with trouble like you are and be patient listening to them.

Your brain is telling you it's not good or safe to open up, so I'm hoping this would help you experience other people opening up and see it as a positive thing.
Thank you both

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Its a defensive mechanism. just need to push though the urge to shut down, It does get easier to share but it takes alot of time.
How do you do that? I feel apathetic; I don't think I'm allowing myself to feel my sadness

Softwind

Softwind

May 22, 2023
Try starting small. You don't have to say all that ails you, but instead try to be more honest when you feel upset/emotional. For example, if someone you know asks how you are, you can, instead of just saying "fine" as usual, say how you feel (tired, a bit depressed, nervous...).

Maybe this isn't the best example, but I just wanted to say that you have to start small, you don't have to open your self too much, you must grow used to it slowly.

L

LittleCupcake

Experienced
Mar 14, 2024
How do you do that? I feel apathetic; I don't think I'm allowing myself to feel my sadness
I did by vaguely talking about the things that affected me when someone asks and over time I got into more detail untill I could talk about it without crying or shuting down the conversation. Took me about 3 years to do that and I still have things I cant talk about