notevenhere

notevenhere

Ghost Angel
Apr 27, 2023
After. particularly nasty episode where I kinda just black out and slash away, I use saliva, for the dried clots and then go to the bathroom while everyone is asleep.

I then use running water to break any clots from the cuts that's formed and then tap it down with a towel. That's it.

Is there any way I can have a decent aftercare instead of this? I just have cutting tools, I don't know what ointments to use. Pretty much just have betadine in the drawer but that could leave more scars and so I leave it alone. They heal normally and they don't itch except for the bumpy scar ones, especially when it's cold. What could I do with that?

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Hydrogen peroxide is good for cleaning. It foams a little and is cool to watch. Then antibiotic ointment. Polysporin is a brand in USA. NEOSporing is another. Then band Aid to keep clean.

S

sunshineandrainbows

Sep 9, 2023
Antiseptic wound wash to prevent infections because they are so painful and just cause your scars to be worse. Maybe some plasters to not only prevent infection, but also to stop the bleeding. And maybe some sterie strips in case your wounds ever need closing up. Take care <3

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Yes that wound wash hurts like a MOFO. Peroxide wont.

AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
You have to disinfect it as you would with any cut. Sure it would hurt, but honestly looking at the scars years later always hurts. I'm not going to preach to you that you shouldn't do it, its not a healthy remedy to your suffering, and that its antithetical to helping you recover.
I will tell you that I have scars of my own and I regret doing that in the past, and my scars serve as a constant reminder of it. Also the need to hide to try to explain to others that its caused by an accident or something else gets very tiring.

Reactions: notevenhere