• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
That would not ruin a date for me. Would this statement ruin a date for you? Please explain why!
Hey, Epsilon0. Thanks for asking.

I believe that non-suicidals wouldn't want to date suicidals, and that non-suicidals don't want to be reminded of the darker aspects of life they try to avoid. I also believe that non-suicidals don't want to bond with someone who wishes to take their own life on a daily basis, made several attempts over the last few years, and now has the proper plans and means for it.

It doesn't necessarily mean that I won't like to be in a relationship with that person, but chances are that person won't once my convictions about life are revealed. I see why suicidal person who's into recovery might want to date non-suicidals. But I'm not into recovery. I want to die, and I'd prefer to be with someone who shares my goals in life. I don't know... Otherwise it just sounds so counterintuitive to me. Why would people who look in the opposite directions get together?

Let me get a few things straight... A date is about looking for potential romantic or sexual partners, right? Getting together for the sole purpose of getting laid sounds to me like a waste of time and effort, so with that's excluded we're left with romance... whatever that means. Do you know what that means? I don't.
I prefer companionship. I want my relationships to be based on common interests... which in turn are majorly influenced by something more fundamental that I can't describe, but somehow I can spot the alikeness, the compatibility. When we talk about things and the talk goes smooth, or at least relatively speaking. When you feel the want to interact so much it overwrites your well-developed habits of keeping to yourself. It feels a lot like sexual attraction in its driving force, but it doesn't have to do anything with sex. Maybe it's what some people would call a platonic love.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Hey, Epsilon0. Thanks for asking.

I believe that non-suicidals wouldn't want to date suicidals, and that non-suicidals don't want to be reminded of the darker aspects of life they try to avoid. I also believe that non-suicidals don't want to bond with someone who wishes to take their own life on a daily basis, made several attempts over the last few years, and now has the proper plans and means for it.

It doesn't necessarily mean that I won't like to be in a relationship with that person, but chances are that person won't once my convictions about life are revealed. I see why suicidal person who's into recovery might want to date non-suicidals. But I'm not into recovery. I want to die, and I'd prefer to be with someone who shares my goals in life. I don't know... Otherwise it just sounds so counterintuitive to me. Why would people who look in the opposite directions get together?

Let me get a few things straight... A date is about looking for potential romantic or sexual partners, right? Getting together for the sole purpose of getting laid sounds to me like a waste of time and effort, so with that's excluded we're left with romance... whatever that means. Do you know what that means? I don't.
I prefer companionship. I want my relationships to be based on common interests... which in turn are majorly influenced by something more fundamental that I can't describe, but somehow I can spot the alikeness, the compatibility. When we talk about things and the talk goes smooth, or at least relatively speaking. When you feel the want to interact so much it overwrites your well-developed habits of keeping to yourself. It feels a lot like sexual attraction in its driving force, but it doesn't have to do anything with sex. Maybe it's what some people would call a platonic love.

I really like your answer and I understand perfectly what you mean now that you have explained it.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I understand it too, and thank you! Because it's helped me out regarding some things I can't explain.

Interesting... I guess you guys have been helpful to me too. Maybe I'm making too much unreasonable assumptions instead of communicating with others. It's unlikely that I will learn my lesson right away but with enough quantity these reminders can produce a meaningful impact.

sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Interesting... I guess you guys have been helpful to me too. Maybe I'm making too much unreasonable assumptions instead of communicating with others. It's unlikely that I will learn my lesson right away but with enough quantity these reminders can produce a meaningful impact.

Hi, I agree, and I have erroneously worked from assumptions instead of asking people's thoughts.. maybe due to how I have been treated / lied to. It's bound to impact on us .. all any of us can do is review what we know / or think we know, regularly. If you want to .. if you have a phone or tablet there are apps that can help with self awareness/ habit improvements. Habit changing takes a while. It's good to be open to it. I try to but stubbornness trips me up .. quite a lot. So I try again. Good luck ;-)