S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
So now that Roe v Wade is history, and at least 26 states will outlaw or severely restrict, it is critically important to adapt to the situation. I'm not saying give up or stop fighting this injustice. But between protests and votes, life happens.

I read several articles that you can still purchase abortion pills from online pharmacies, usually overseas (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/27/wom...-get-abortion-pills-online-from-overseas.html). They also recommend that people (particularly women), keep them on hand in case these pills are criminalized. I think that is good advice. I keep a bottle of Amoxicillin on hand at all times (bought it from chewy) just in case I get sick.

The cost is about $200 - $500, so no more expensive than a first trimester surgical abortion. I would assume they probably have a 1-2 year shelf life.

Reactions: willshe777, rationaltake, Meretlein and 3 others
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Pennyroyal tincture. It's not illegal. Dose up, and it stimulates uterine contractions. Info is online if you search "herbal abortion". Also worth mentioning, wild carrot tincture, also called Queen Anne's Lace is a natural birth control alternative.

Reactions: willshe777 and chloramine
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020

What about ordering abortion pills from overseas?

That may be one of the lowest-risk and easiest options, experts say.

Providers like Aid Access, a European telemedicine service that prescribes abortion pills to women in the U.S., has already seen an "enormous increase" in Americans looking to obtain the medications. The surge came in the wake of the leaked draft opinion that this month overturned Roe v. Wade.

"So I would say, buckle up, women in the U.S. Just get your abortion pills in your medicine cabinet, so you have it in case you need it," Dr. Rebecca Gomperts, who runs Aid Access, told CBS News last month.
Pennyroyal tincture. It's not illegal. Dose up, and it stimulates uterine contractions. Info is online if you search "herbal abortion". Also worth mentioning, wild carrot tincture, also called Queen Anne's Lace is a natural birth control alternative.
This may or may not work. Once you're pregnant, you may not want to risk it taking too long for an abortion pill to arrive from Europe or Turkey.

Reactions: chloramine