9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Zygotes might have consciousness, and saying it is clear beyond a shadow of a doubt means nothing.
It means everything. The law is based on proving things "beyond a shadow of a doubt" precisely because no knowledge is 100% knowable. Abortion is a right unless you can offer a shadow of doubt that a zygote can be conscious, biologically. And a shadow of a doubt doesn't just mean "not 100%".
Even if a body is dead a hundreed yeras it could still come back to life, just fyi.
Ah, the smoking gun. You're full of hot air.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
No, it's just that it's waste of time to keep going on when I have already made my points. We have a difference of opinion. Saying silly things doesn't mean your point of view is right and mine is wrong. I am sure that you cannot know whether there is some level of consciousness for a zygote- you can believe you know, just like some people are sure their religion is correct and another's is not.
I think you misunderstand the humorous intent of this post- you might want to reread it.

Agreeing to disagree is a better way to handle things, in my opinion.

Last edited:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
What are you talking about?
It's just a little silly humor because we both made our points and there was no sense in keeping going around and around, so I just decided to use a little silly humor instead to try to put an end to this- I was just showing that I just wasn't taking this seriously any more because we both said all that we had to say.

Last edited:
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
It's just a little silly humor because we both made out points and there was no sense in keeping going around and around, so I just decided to use a little silly humor instead to try to put an end to this- I was just showing that I just wasn't taking this seriously any more because we both said all that we had to say.
Ah, okay. Was afraid you were a New Age cultist transhumanist at first.

Fun fact: In transhumanist circles, it is believed that when the Singularity (Rapture) arrives, all humans who have ever lived will be resurrected with biotechnology. Quite bonkers, innit?

• Yay!
Reactions: Someone123 and Blondi
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Fun fact: In transhumanist circles, it is believed that when the Singularity (Rapture) arrives, all humans who have ever lived will be resurrected with biotechnology. Quite bonkers, innit?
I'm gonna have to hook up with those peeps! :)

9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
I am sure that you cannot know whether there is some level of consciousness for a zygote- you can believe you know, just like some people are sure their religion is correct and another's is not.
That's not what I said. I agree we can't know anything for certain. I do believe it is clear, beyond a reasonable doubt, that zygotes fundamentally cannot be conscious. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" does not mean 100% certain. It means certain enough for law. It's the same standard of proof required to show abortion is murder, you know. You can't even prove abortion is murder without proving consciousness was there and then gone. Your argument that consciousness is there is that we don't know it's not there, and your argument that it's gone after abortion is that we don't know it's there. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Lastly I want to remind you I asked for even a shadow of a doubt to believe a zygote has the capacity for consciousness. You haven't given any, all you've said is that no knowledge is 100% certain. Unfortunately, that argument doesn't have any merit in court. Because we don't need to make rules based on absolute truths, we make rules based on levels of certainty.

Last edited:
Reactions: ConstantPain, RainAndSadness and odradek
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
You can't even prove abortion is murder without proving consciousness was there and then gone
You don't have to prove consciousness to prove murder- the zygote grows rapidly and is living- if you kill it and it is living this is murder. Also, beyond a reasonable doubt- that is just speculation, no one knows.
That's not what I said. I agree we can't know anything for certain. I do believe it is clear, beyond a reasonable doubt, that zygotes fundamentally cannot be conscious. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" does not mean 100% certain. It means certain enough for law. It's the same standard of proof required to show abortion is murder, you know. You can't even prove abortion is murder without proving consciousness was there and then gone. Your argument that consciousness is there is that we don't know it's not there, and your argument that it's gone after abortion is that we don't know it's there. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Lastly I want to remind you I asked for even a shadow of a doubt to believe a zygote has the capacity for consciousness. You haven't given any, all you've said is that no knowledge is 100% certain. Unfortunately, that argument doesn't have any merit in court. Because we don't need to make rules based on absolute truths, we make rules based on levels of certainty.
Alos, it's pretty clear that you agree with me on everything and that you're just playing Devil's advocate- you're not fooling me, I know you agree with me one million percent on everything!

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Doesn't matter . If 99 people want to go to the Disneyland and one person does not , that does not mean that 99 people can force him to go.
You're totally right, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that those 99 are gonna incessantly complain that the one person doesn't wanna go to Disneyland.
Ah, okay. Was afraid you were a New Age cultist transhumanist at first.

That sounds terrifying.

_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
An experienced doctor knows to slit the throat of the baby before beginning the procedure of chopping it apart inside the mom. Allowing the woman to hear the screams of her dying child is a rookie mistake. The cries can sometimes cause an immediate bound between mother and child.
No, the best doctors know that the screaming makes for the tastiest babies.

L

LongtimeLoser

Apr 25, 2022
No, the best doctors know that the screaming makes for the tastiest babies.
Playing rain sounds, with the occasional animal walking through the forest… snapping twigs with their hooves work best. Then the mom can't tell the difference between the twigs snapping and bones breaking… or the rain drops versus the gurgling sounds of their crying baby with a slit throat.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
@Meretlein @Symbiote I am ... endlessly curious about HOW, exactly, it was dealt with, that there's still an active user here (@Feeding Pigeons ) who said:

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I agree we can't know anything for certain. I do believe it is clear, beyond a reasonable doubt, that zygotes fundamentally cannot be conscious. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" does not mean 100% certain. It means certain enough for law.
I actually just consulted with several zygotes and they told be that they are conscious and that they love life and that they are lookiing forward to being born. but even in the womb they are enjoying their lives very much- they also told me that they really like it when mom eats pizza. Several zygotes have also made it clear that they have dreams and aspirations like everyone else.
I know several zygotes who enjoying swimming and classical music and they love watching Jeopardy (through remote viewing) and they insist they that are very conscious and they are disappointed in your perspective that they are not conscious.

I also know of zygotes who can speak up to seven languages(including Mandarin, a very difficult language), and you have to be conscious to be able to do that.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: 9BBN
clown_17

clown_17

Almost gone, it almost worked
Oct 24, 2020
Im so glad I don't live in the USA

Anyways the responses to this post is just a free Ignore button list

• Yay!
Reactions: ConstantPain, motel rooms, Cathy Ames and 4 others
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Abortion ...... always a hot button issue and the democrats are certainly going to try and leverage it to improve midterm election results. One thing has always puzzled me about the most extreme right's (versus middle or left's) position regarding life/spirit/soul beginning at conception ..... they never protest outside fertility clinics where thousands of fertilized embryos are thrown out, shipped off for scientific purposes, and meet other fates. Some claim to have data showing the numbers dwarf abortion clinics ...... so, where are the protesters at fertility clinics? Not poking the bear, I really honestly don't get it ...... regardless, this debate will never end and I do very much feel for women and their very personal decisions regarding pregnancies.
Why are you comparing extreme right to middle and left? How about some real world examples? Extreme right is totally irrelevant because most people are either center right or center left. Red states are passing heartbeat bills and left wing states are passing bills for "post birth abortion". Which bill sounds more reasonable?
I don't understand why you guys just don't have Civil War 2 already. You know you wanna kill each other so bad you can taste it & the rest of us really, really wanna watch it.

Justin Trudeau Yes GIF by Patriot Act
200.gif
Laugh Wow GIF by King of Boys
K-Pop Smile GIF
Music Video Mariachi GIF
Clap Yes GIF
The politicians are the only people I know of that want a civil war

Last edited:
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
I understand what you mean. But when I had my abortion, the thing didn't even have a heart. No brain. If it has no heart and no brain, is it even a baby? Is it even a human? It's nothing. How can I kill something that doesn't exist yet?
Well it did exist and it was alive, it had human DNA. But I'm glad you did your abortion early. I am sorry if I made you feel bad. I really don't know when a fetus becomes conscious or if that should be the measure (as others have suggested) for whether an abortion should be allowed or not. Probably not because it's unprovable. We can prove when a baby has a heartbeat though. So I like the heartbeat bills that are being passed. I really just came on this feed to say that the RVW overturn won't change anything so it's pointless to be fighting about it. And I think the focus should be on preventing unwanted pregnancies. I am not in favor of an outright ban on anything.

Reactions: whatevs
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022

This is accurate - there's nothing more helpful than increased civil unrest to help an autocracy enact even more laws to restrict personal freedoms. Ohhhhh USA ...... you are one little screwed country going forward for sure .......

• Aww..
Reactions: Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
We can prove when a baby has a heartbeat though.
Meh. Those bills that you like describe electrical activity in rudimentary cardiac cells. This is very much NOT an actual beating heart (and therefore isn't a heartbeat). The actual technical term is "fetal pole cardiac activity." Those bills are written so they can put a bunch of their ideological verbiage into the law (some of which is patently untrue) and the real intent is to limit people's ability to get abortions.
the RVW overturn won't change anything
I'm not sure why you think this. There are 13 states with trigger laws that will go into effect. In some of those states, there are no exceptions for rape or incest. In one, it appears there isn't even an exception for saving the life of the mother.

Reactions: archipelago
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Who said a woman being forced to raise a child as penance for having sex is healthy? Thats ludicrous.
Someone based. Perhaps Weebster? Based Weebster.
1. no, a fetus is 100% dependant on the body of the pregnant woman. You can compare it to a parasite that's growing and leeching in your body, especially if it's an unwanted fetus - you have every right to remove it, even more so if it's going to impact your life in a very negative way. As I said in my previous post, a fetus doesn't experience pain and isn't conscious when most abortions happen. The US doesn't even have proper childcare, maybe we should have a conversation about the well-being of already born children before we start going after humans who decide bringing a child into this life is the wrong decision. And as I've already pointed out in the past: anti-natalism brings forward many excellent arguments that support the decision to have an abortion.[1]

2. every definition of a baby refers to a born human.[1][2][3][4]

3. you can use emotionally charged language all you want, it remains a false talking point. Abortion isn't murder because murder describes the unlawful killing of another human without any justification or valid excuse.[1] There are plenty of very coherent reasons why a woman would want to abort a fetus. I don't know why you think it's a good idea to use anti-choice language in this forum. The pro-lifers call us murderers because we advocate for the right to die for consenting and autonomous adults and you're doing exactly the same thing to women who want to have a choice when it comes to questions concering their own bodily autonomy. If you're unable to have a civil conversation, maybe you shouldn't engage in this thread.
At what month people like you would say abortion is starting to creep into murder? 6 months? Or as long as it's inside another person the protohuman is devoid of rights?

Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
That's not what I'm saying at all, I agree with you that this is what should be done. What I'm saying is that there is a lot more demand for baboes from people who want to adopt than there is for older children.
There is lots of demand for white babies. There are lots and lots of black and poc babies that don't get adopted. Or children with disabilities. Then there's the white appropriation of poc children without teaching them their heritage.
1. no, a fetus is 100% dependant on the body of the pregnant woman. You can compare it to a parasite that's growing and leeching in your body, especially if it's an unwanted fetus - you have every right to remove it, even more so if it's going to impact your life in a very negative way. As I said in my previous post, a fetus doesn't experience pain and isn't conscious when most abortions happen. The US doesn't even have proper childcare, maybe we should have a conversation about the well-being of already born children before we start going after humans who decide bringing a child into this life is the wrong decision. And as I've already pointed out in the past: anti-natalism brings forward many excellent arguments that support the decision to have an abortion.[1]

2. every definition of a baby refers to a born human.[1][2][3][4]

3. you can use emotionally charged language all you want, it remains a false talking point. Abortion isn't murder because murder describes the unlawful killing of another human without any justification or valid excuse.[1] There are plenty of very coherent reasons why a woman would want to abort a fetus. I don't know why you think it's a good idea to use anti-choice language in this forum. The pro-lifers call us murderers because we advocate for the right to die for consenting and autonomous adults and you're doing exactly the same thing to women who want to have a choice when it comes to questions concering their own bodily autonomy. If you're unable to have a civil conversation, maybe you shouldn't engage in this thread.
Thank you
There was another option that would have been better for the baby, which was to give the baby up for adoption- some women do this and more women should. There are many good, stable homes who would love to have a baby, and if carried to term the baby could have gone to a home like this. Many mothers who hear their baby cry during the abortion process regret it deeply- if they don't hear the baby cry the fact is that the baby would have cried if it have the chance.

Exactly.
As someone who has 1) placed a baby for adoption, 2) had her own children and 3) had an abortion, #3 was the less stressful and traumatic. Adoption was a horrible option.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: pikku.tiikeri and archipelago
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
There are lots and lots of black and poc babies that don't get adopted. Or children with disabilities. Then there's the white appropriation of poc children without teaching them their heritage.
There are aloso a lot of whit ecouiple who adopt black children and who do an excellent job of raising them- this has become much more common. And there are people who adopt children with disabilities. As far as teaching them tehir heritage, I'm not sure exactly what you would want people to do. I am part German, part Polish, part Austrian, and part Bohemian- nobody ever taught me anythinmg about these ethnicities. Black and white and hispanic and asian and many other races have contributed to the american culture, and certainly there are things to be taught from all cultures. YOu can always find fault, but I haqve seen in my circles of friends and family some white couples adopt some black children and these children are treated very well and are very happy- the parneting they are getting is 10,00 times better than I got from my white parents- I sometimes say my parents were monters, but this is an insult to monsters- no exaggeration- they deserve to rot in hell for thousands of years for how they treated me. If parents are caring to their children that's what matters most.
the real intent is to limit people's ability to get abortions.
That's because some people have the point of view that this is a living thing that is in the process of growing into a completely developed baby, so it is wrong to stop this. You have a different point of view than this. People almost never change their mind on this issue, so once people have presented their point of view it's better to just realize they have their point of view and you have yours, rather than to get mad that you can't change their mind- it's a one in a million shot to change someone's mind on this issue.

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021

I'm afraid of Americans
I'm afraid of the world
I'm afraid, I can't help it

Last edited:
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
You don't have to prove consciousness to prove murder- the zygote grows rapidly and is living- if you kill it and it is living this is murder. Also, beyond a reasonable doubt- that is just speculation, no one knows.
Killing is not the same as murder. Killing is just ending life. Plucking a flower is "killing" but not a criminal offense. Murder is killing a human person. A requirement for personhood is the capacity for consciousness. So you do need to prove capacity for consciousness to prove murder. A zygote is not a person because it has no capacity for consciousness. Abortion might be "killing" a zygote, but only in the same sense that plucking a flower "kills" a flower. "Killing" is just a scientific term, murder is a legal offense we actually care about.

• Informative
Reactions: LastFlowers and Lost in a Dream
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Killing is not the same as murder. Killing is just ending life. Plucking a flower is "killing" but not a criminal offense. Murder is killing a human person. A requirement for personhood is the capacity for consciousness. So you do need to prove capacity for consciousness to prove murder. A zygote is not a person because it has no capacity for consciousness. Abortion might be "killing" a zygote, but only in the same sense that plucking a flower "kills" a flower. "Killing" is just a scientific term, murder is a legal offense we actually care about.

Killing is just ending life. Such an american thing to say.

9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Killing is just ending life. Such an american thing to say.
That's the definition. "Killing" isn't necessarily a criminal offense. For instance you can kill your own plants. "Murder" is a criminal offense. You can't kill your own child, that is murder. We are not discussing whether abortion is killing or not; it is. We are discussing whether killing a zygote is murder; it isn't.

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
That's the definition. "Killing" isn't necessarily a criminal offense. For instance you can kill your own plants. "Murder" is a criminal offense. You can't kill your own child, that is murder. We are not discussing whether abortion is killing or not; it is. We are discussing whether killing a zygote is murder; it isn't.

Plants don't feel just like boards don't hit back. Yet a living person does. Killing attributed to non-living beings doesn't normalise murder if it (killing) is "just" killing but MURDER is serious. Sorry, any part of a human or a would-be human is better preserved. I support abortion although not universally.

Where it has leaked before, it will leak again. So is murder going to be all more violent and negotiable if we accept killing is no big deal, even if its just semantics and not necessarily related to abortion.

9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Plants don't feel just like boards don't hit back. Yet a living person does. Killing attributed to non-living beings doesn't normalise murder if it (killing) is "just" killing but MURDER is serious. Sorry, any part of a human or a would-be human is better preserved. I support abortion although not universally.
This doesn't make any sense. You can't kill something that's not alive. You can't kill a board, but you can kill a plant. The difference between plants and boards is that plants are alive. This is a scientific fact, but I'm happy to entertain your symantic disagreement as long as you also concede that under this definition of "alive", zygotes would not be alive either.

Zygotes are alive just like plants and animals are. But saying a zygote is alive is not sufficient to argue that its killing is murder. Just like proving a plant is alive is not sufficient to argue that its killing is murder.

You can kill any living thing, but it's only murder when you kill a living person. A zygote is not a person, because it has no capacity for consciousness. So killing a zygote is not murder.

Where it has leaked before, it will leak again. So is murder going to be all more violent and negotiable if we accept killing is no big deal, even if its just semantics and not necessarily related to abortion.
You're invoking a slippery slope that doesn't exist. Murder will not be normalized if we acknowledge that zygotes are not people.

Last edited: