• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Poll: what is your religion/spirituality?

• Atheist

• Agnostic

• Christian

• Islamic

• Judaism

• Witchcraft

• Paganism

• Buddhism

• Theist

• Spiritual, or other

Results are only viewable after voting.
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
My parents raised us as people of faith. It was always Christianity. We never made a denomination choice. Anyway, we as a family never attended church unless it was for cub scouts or something important. Middle school and into early highschool I began doubting the existence of God and turned to LaVeyan Satanism. I'd practice being an Atheisric Satanist for a bit until the philosophy didn't click for me anymore. So I just became a non-philosophical atheist.

I think my turning point of why I became an atheist was because God never helped us growing up. My parents woukd bicker and they'd throw my sister and I into the arguments. Lacking any respect that a child isn't the reason why they're unhappy with one another. I also prayed for my mom to stop being an addict but that also never helped either.

Last edited:
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
For those answering Atheist, why not Agnostic?

Because looking at the history of our species to a depth allows us to identify the birth, alteration of, and death of religions and spiritual practices/beliefs. It becomes clear that there were and are no supernatural or otherworldly events taking place, and that it is of human construct and origin because of the evidence then indicating why things occurred the way they did.

Ldog9

Ldog9

Student
Jan 12, 2019
Lapsed catholic. Church says suicide is a mortal sin and one cannot enter heaven. But they somewhat have revised that saying some may not be 100% culpable, even though you read stories of priests being assholes at someone's funeral. Whatever, I don't care, I don't know what I believe but I'm not worried.

If there is a god, god is love. And a loving god would not punish someone for trying to end suffering.

A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
I was raised as a Catholic but began questioning my religion from an early age.
Well, not actually Christianity per se, but the idea of an omniscent, omnipotent and loving god at the same time.
For a brief period of time of my childhood I still believed in God, mainly because I didn't even know what the word "atheist" meant (what a cool thing religious indoctrination of children, huh?), but my "God", even though theorically omnipotent and omiscent, was not "better" than the average human being.
It demanded obidience, attention, was uncaring/evil... basically what we'd call a piece of shit.
Then I discovered atheism and it made so much sense to me.
I "rationalized" my lack of a belief in any deity. Then the study of philosophy and science/physics at school made me more confident of my position.

And here I am now.

For those answering Atheist, why not Agnostic?

Interesting question. I think that human knowledge cannot 100% disprove the concept of a deity, but that's not an excuse for a "fatalistic skepticism" as I'd call it.
Not knowing for sure and not knowing are two very different concepts.
Tools like Occam's razor, Hitchens' razor and various mental experiments allow us to say that X belief is just a delusion.
I'm "agnostic" when it comes to the idea of God as I'm agnostic towards Russel's teapot, last thursdaysm, solipsism, unicorns etc.
If something cannot be proven and its existence is not necessary there's no need to think that it's real.

L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
What is your religion/spirituality? Does it bring you comfort? How did you decide upon your faith?
I'm a Christian and the one thing that always stopped me from ctbing was the fear of going to hell. So I've spoken to a couple pastors and other Christian friends and family and oddly enough, the person that convinced me that I would go to heaven even if I ctb was my mother. She reassured me that as long as I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior and acknowledged Him as the Son of God, then I would go to heaven. That made me feel so much better and as a result, I started researching different methods of ctb.

HellinHeaven

HellinHeaven

seeking for salvation
Jan 12, 2019
Spiritual
I grew up really free in this point, my family went to chuch just one time in the year for christmas. I got confirmed, but mainly for the presents. I prayed only when I felt bad, but didn't really belief, because god never helped me. Later I turned into a Christian (mainly to compensate my psychic instability) and after that I became atheist and depressive. Now I would describe me as spiritual, looking for love and enlightenment and unity in this world or sometimes just for returning to mother earth <3

ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
I was raised in an agnostic household and my parents never expressed any opinion on religion, but I've always been fascinated by religion and philosophy. I'm intensely interested in religious cults and the Abrahamic faiths, but I generally identify as a deist.