• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Did you ever have a major medical misdiagnosis in your life made by doctor/s ? #44

• Yes and it took a big toll on my health

• Yes but it didn't take a toll on my health

• I was correctly diagnosed

Results are only viewable after voting.
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I have been misdiagnosed and they put it all to "stress and anxiety" while my walking and other symptoms visibly are getting worse .
I have heard many stories on this forum too , everything gets blamed on stress, diet or lack of exercise .

Does this sound like your experience or did you have a smooth diagnosis ?
If yes, how did it affect your life ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find previous polls here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/meltingbrain-all-polls.123887/
Part of : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...st-at-least-1-poll-daily.123125/#post-2051973
DailyPoll
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actualfemcel

actualfemcel

Mar 30, 2024
I was misdiagnosed with depression and possibly autism when I mostly have PTSD from growing up being bullied at school and abused at home. I was put on antidepressants at 14, poisoned with testosterone to make me fat and disgusting, so no one will find me sexually desirable enough to save me. So not only am I facially deformed because of my mother cracking my skull open as a child, my body looks male and disgusting when I was female from birth.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I don't know, but I was diagnosed with Asperger's aka autism level 1. I'm not sure if I actually have this though, or if it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. I was also diagnosed with ADHD and social anxiety, which I'm sure that I have

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I was misdiagnosed briefly with autism as a child but it really didn't effect me at all.

I've had a lot of heart issues amongst other things the last few years and continued to get told it was fine and nothing was wrong. Eventually I ended up in a coma. Prior to having to intubate me for respiratory failure the notes from the emergency room all say they suspected it was intentional psych behaviour or a drug overdose. They still don't have many answers but at least they take me a bit more seriously now. However as my mental health has declined I've stopped seeking medical treatment for anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I was misdiagnosed briefly with autism as a child but it really didn't effect me at all.

I've had a lot of heart issues amongst other things the last few years and continued to get told it was fine and nothing was wrong. Eventually I ended up in a coma. Prior to having to intubate me for respiratory failure the notes from the emergency room all say they suspected it was intentional psych behaviour or a drug overdose. They still don't have many answers but at least they take me a bit more seriously now. However as my mental health has declined I've stopped seeking medical treatment for anything.
How did you know that you actually didn't have autism?

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
How did you know that you actually didn't have autism?
At the time I just went with it because I was a child. As an adult I now know it was actually undiagnosed ADHD. I don't struggle with social situations, I struggle with sitting still, paying attention, executive dysfunction. I dont treat my ADHD and I really don't give it much mind and I don't heavily identify with that diagnosis anyway so the misdiagnosis doesn't really matter to me.

needsomeoptions

needsomeoptions

Mar 31, 2024
Diagnosed with BPD and OCD, alongside depression and anxiety. Now looks like it's ASD and I've been told the depression might not even be depression but a burnout/meltdown.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
All the shrinks keep telling me I have generalized anxiety, which I do. BUT it comes from my depression. Fix the anxiety, the depression is still there. Fix the depression, fix everything. Had to fight with them for a bit to get them to realize this but they eventually figured it out.