• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
First, let us not debate whether hell is true, what happens after we die and so on as there are many threads about this.
Looking for input from those who have really taken a deep dive into religion and consider themselves pretty knowledgeable about at least one belief system.

This question is specifically about circumventing the suicide punishment that some (or most?) religions have in store for the already most tortured among us.
It is widely believed (not universally but mostly) in the Abrahamic faiths that suicide results in hell.
It is widely believed in vedic and Buddhist traditions that suicide results in negative karma, hell, and I think I've even read about trillions of years of punishment in some cases.
I am not very familiar beyond that, but given the pro-life bias of humanity in general there are probably commensurate punishments in other traditions.

So the question is, where is the line drawn?
Like most things, there are gray areas. For example, simply partaking in reckless behaviour like riding a bike without a helmet--does that count?
Suicide by cop, is there a technicality or is it the intent that matters?
Hiring a hitman to kill you? Yes you are trying to commit suicide but in the "free will" model of existence it is ultimately they who do the deciding to end your life.
Assisted suicide?
Having a loaded gun strapped to your head and walking around in public with a "free kill" sign (kind of like a free hug sign, but more wholesome).

Thoughts greatly appreciated.
Life is bad enough, don't want hell on top of it. A sort of reverse Pascal's Wager.

• Hugs
Reactions: melancholymallory03
evannave

evannave

love you guys <3
Feb 27, 2024
Catholic here. In my own beliefs, hell is just separation from God. As long as you truly accept God, you will end up in Heaven. Either through purgatory or directly.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
First, let us not debate whether hell is true, what happens after we die and so on as there are many threads about this.
Looking for input from those who have really taken a deep dive into religion and consider themselves pretty knowledgeable about at least one belief system.

This question is specifically about circumventing the suicide punishment that some (or most?) religions have in store for the already most tortured among us.
It is widely believed (not universally but mostly) in the Abrahamic faiths that suicide results in hell.
It is widely believed in vedic and Buddhist traditions that suicide results in negative karma, hell, and I think I've even read about trillions of years of punishment in some cases.
I am not very familiar beyond that, but given the pro-life bias of humanity in general there are probably commensurate punishments in other traditions.

So the question is, where is the line drawn?
Like most things, there are gray areas. For example, simply partaking in reckless behaviour like riding a bike without a helmet--does that count?
Suicide by cop, is there a technicality or is it the intent that matters?
Hiring a hitman to kill you? Yes you are trying to commit suicide but in the "free will" model of existence it is ultimately they who do the deciding to end your life.
Assisted suicide?
Having a loaded gun strapped to your head and walking around in public with a "free kill" sign (kind of like a free hug sign, but more wholesome).

Thoughts greatly appreciated.
Life is bad enough, don't want hell on top of it. A sort of reverse Pascal's Wager.
Hey I think it would still sent you to hell from what I've heard because of the intention ,
But any god that is a loving being should be able to empathize with someone ctb I feel like…

• Love
Reactions: evannave
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
If you intentionally try to get someone to kill you, that's still considered suicide. Intentionally putting yourself in dangerous situations with the intent of dying because you want to commit suicide [not because you want to save someone's life] is considered suicide intent. There's nothing in Christianity saying that suicide is actually bad. There's nothing saying that committing suicide sends you to hell, either.
Jesus Christ himself also advocated for suicide at least in one specific instance [pedophilia].
Being a sinner is not a qualification to be sent to hell. You can have murdered, you can have kidnapped, you could have adulterated.
The only sin that sends you to hell is refusing salvation.

In other religions such as Buddhism, you're just rebirthed into another body. The Vedas and branching religions [including Buddhism] all actually encourage suicide via fasting to the death. Hindu texts commanded that if you could no longer practice your religious vows, you ought go out into the wilderness and fast yourself to death. Mahayana Buddhism discourages suicide through fasting though. They have teachings from Siddhartha that weren't introduced to his original peers because he knew they weren't ready to understand/accept it all yet.

But any god that is a loving being should be able to empathize with someone ctb I feel like…
The christian god in the bible definitely does. He accepts suicide victims with open arms. I can't say the say for denominations of christianity which pick and choose what they want to believe.

Last edited:
Helvete

Helvete

Apr 9, 2024
Seventh Day Adventist here: in my religion, God judges the heart alone and would probably have mercy on you due to your circumstances.