• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Guestimates:

How many of the 7000 members will ctb within the next 3 months, 6 months, 1 year?
How many are depressed, considering suicide, but probably won't ultimately go through with it?
How many are here mainly because they feel connected to SS but aren't actively prepping to ctb?

Curious what you guys think.

Last edited:
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I'm hoping to hold out a couple years.
I assume some have life improve and drift away, some were maybe never serious, some will ctb without bothering to leave a thread. I don't worry about it. People do what they want.

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
I saw someone on chat a few night ago accusing members of being "fake." I was in too much pain to challenge him, but I think just about everyone here is struggling and their exploring means to ctb, issues, etc is all legitimate.

Maybe I'm bothered that that guy was such an ass.

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
I saw someone on chat a few night ago accusing members of being "fake." I was in too much pain to challenge him, but I think just about everyone here is struggling and their exploring means to ctb, issues, etc is all legitimate.

Like it was a competition or something

Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019

There's 3 people I've blocked on this forum because I've seen people posting in an antagonistic manner and not being helpful at all just gotta try not letting it get to you.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019

If this ever happens in the forum report them for harassment and possibly encouragement. We do not need such people here.

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
I wouldnt really call myself fully committed to ctb as my end goal for as of right now I am in the opinion that maybe some form hope may still be somewhere in the world, currently I am just looking at the state of the neo capitalist western world that i grew up in and I am honestly accepting that I as an individual is without a doubt incompatible with adhering to the rules that this culture demands. The western world after the great of 101 years prior has been nothing but a tragedy and a culture that manage to kill its own god whilst replacing it with a fake deity called crunching suicide.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
I think in the coming year a few hundred will have killed themselves, more than that will have survived because of this website, I think everyone who has joined is "serious" or at least thinks they are at the time of joining, but time heals wounds idk. just my thoughts

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
I don't think anyone here isn't struggling (unless they're a troll that managed to get in, ofc), and we're obviously here because we are at least considering to ctb...I wish most people here ultimately were able to continue living and find peace and happiness, but unfortunately that is probably not the case. But whatever happens to a member here, whatever they decide, I don't think anyone here is "fake." We're not in the pain olympics and I don't think anyone here is in any position to judge anyone else about their reasons to ctb and whether or not those reasons are "legitimate enough"

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019

Sometimes, its just hard to detach yourself from the ijits of this world and leave them to get on with what they do best, being ijits. I would be a liar if once or twice I have just not understood a persons reasoning for wanting to end their lives. More than once or twice I have doubted someones need to CTB, but I often doubt my own, so maybe thats just something that is natural to me. But the vast majority are in pain and are just looking for something, anything that will ease that pain. Either that or you are all very good actors :wink:

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Sometimes, its just hard to detach yourself from the ijits of this world and leave them to get on with what they do best, being ijits. I would be a liar if once or twice I have just not understood a persons reasoning for wanting to end their lives. More than once or twice I have doubted someones need to CTB, but I often doubt my own, so maybe thats just something that is natural to me. But the vast majority are in pain and are just looking for something, anything that will ease that pain. Either that or you are all very good actors :wink:
I'm sorry, I just have to say that I love that you use the term "ijits" :pfff:
And I agree so much; was going to say in my post but didn't know how to phrase it without sounding rude/insensitive...there are people I see posting that I'll think "Gee, I wish that were my situation" kinda thing, but then I check myself in realizing that everyone experiences pain differently and I can't say that their pain isn't at the same level as mine, we've just had different experiences. So it's like, okay, I may feel like something is a "silly reason" but like you said, people here are in pain and looking to not be in pain and that's totally valid, whatever they choose in the end.

D

Darkmornings

Jun 4, 2019
If I hadn't found this site I would have ctb or at least attempted weeks ago. I came here looking for information and/or a partner but instead found a place where I can get shit off my chest. Maybe that's all I needed. I'm still buying SN and everything else I need, just in case. I still have loads of problems that might push me to the edge.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Since there are too many unknown variables it's clear it's impossible to answer that question other than by guessing. It would seem it's not a revolving door system (enter SS, exit death) and I'm inclined to agree with the others the majority will probably elect to stay alive for various reasons: fear of death itself, fear of the possibility of an afterlife, fear of the consequences for loved-ones, fear of failing and ending up far worse, finding a reason to live, finding help...

If people find happiness and assistence with their problem(s) that's great of course. I do hope @Rez_MbChB is correct and this forum helps more individuals to live (respectful, pro choice suicide prevention) than to die. For those who do feel death is the answer I hope it's swift, painless and peaceful. Of course I can't know this for a fact but I believe death is indeed peace in the sense that no consciousness to me equals no suffering whatsoever.

Last edited:
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Guestimates:

How many of the 7000 members will ctb within the next 3 months, 6 months, 1 year?
How many are depressed, considering suicide, but probably won't ultimately go through with it?
How many are here mainly because they feel connected to SS but aren't actively prepping to ctb?

I was depressed and suicidal when I first found this site (searching for method).

Since using it my disposition has changed and if anything I have downgraded to depressed and considering in the future, which is closely connected to personal circumstances which are both long and short term... Lot of variables.

As for the general population at large who know, can't remember who it was said;
'To thine own self be true'

Reactions: AtomicNewt
freya

freya

Jan 13, 2019
i planned to ctb at the age of 19,but i havent enough courage.since then i was in different german suicide forums cause it helps me a lot to be in company with people who are feel the same way that i feel.i have a partner for now 16 years,he is great,i have some good friends in real life,but none of them understands my struggles.so,i spend lot of time in suicide forums for more than 20 years,i´m 40 now.and i can truly say,i meet the most beautiful souls in these forums.its hard to see them go,and i saw many of them go in these years,but i know for the most of them it was the right decision,cause they suffer a lot. i dont think i have the will to ctb in the next years,but the thoughts are always there and its facilitating to know the different methods.

AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
Dead beat dad (and anyone up for a waffle):

Yours is the second such post I've read today. Certainly it applies to me, day I joined I was out traversing the county with a small tent and three disposable barbecues looking for somewhere discreet. Was also looking for somewhere to check wouldn't fuck it up and found here. In the end the thing that stopped me was I couldn't be sure I wouldn't be found for a while and this site drew my attention to the fact that if I was found I could horrifically damage myself instead. So not only is that humane it also prevented my ctb attempt.

Since then I've discovered somewhere for the first time in my entire life that I can talk about the dark, and sometimes even silly things, that bother me. I've found somewhere to connect with people that will not judge you for being a bit fucked up or tell you that you're ok really. And I've never had that before either. I now don't feel completely alone. And, if I do decide to ctb (think it's enivitable that I will go at my own hands, but never say never) I won't have to die on my own. I can reach out to people here who won't judge me harshly or tell me I don't know what I'm doing (who the fuck genuinely does?!) if and when I go.

This place has attracted unfair criticism and if anything people here care MORE than most. Think that's often part of the problem many folk here have! Offering understanding that mainstream society seems desperate to reject is a huge help.

Following that I do believe that being here has led more people to pause and reconsider immediate suicide, possibly even feel vague hope, than any patronising pro-life place. So the media fails yet again. Here isn't somewhere that takes lives, those decisions were made elsewhere. And here, living or dying, you'll never be alone.

Last edited:
C

Crematedashes

Jun 19, 2019
It's hard to say. I was reading something about how only a small percentage of people who want to die are capable of going through with it, so it will probably be less than half of people. But we're all suffering.

RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
less than 50

i think only a minority will actually suicide

but

only a minority will get into better living conditions/mental states (mental masturbation about suicide on this forum wont help in that way)

majority will probably just continue existing

Last edited:
Dead_Anyway

Dead_Anyway

Too tired
Jun 20, 2019
Guestimates:

I plan on ctb before the year ends. Don't like having a specific date, it'll be whenever i succeed

Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon. But who knows, that could change in a heartbeat. I'm just a massive miserable ball of anxiety and depression, and don't even know what the hell I'm doing. I hide it from others to the point where it feels like my chest is gonna explode. SS calms me down it bit, but it always lingers.

GinaIsReady

GinaIsReady

Exit Strategist
Mar 29, 2019
There are bad people among us... I'm talking about ones who act concerned but they are just looking for someone to exploit. Like the guy who wanted to give me N while fucking me, continue to fuck me while my body died, then fuck me in all my holes after I was dead and bite my nipples off and my nose and dismember me. Yep. Scared the shit out of me. Not only did he scare me but he pissed me off so bad that I decided I wanted to live. That didn't last too long though.
To be honest, this forum (and others before it) has been a large part of what has kept me from CTB thus far.
Same here - exactly the effect. It's the fear of failing again. The discussions in the mega thread are so overwhelming I just shut down.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
There are bad people among us... I'm talking about ones who act concerned but they are just looking for someone to exploit. Like the guy who wanted to give me N while fucking me, continue to fuck me while my body died, then fuck me in all my holes after I was dead and bite my nipples off and my nose and dismember me. Yep. Scared the shit out of me. Not only did he scare me but he pissed me off so bad that I decided I wanted to live. That didn't last too long though.

Please report this sick individual so he can be removed asap.

Sunset764

Sunset764

May 27, 2019
I'm planning to CTB next year but I need to come up with a good method.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Some people, I would gladly help put out of their misery, very slowly and very painfully. So sorry you or anyone else had to suffer that.

Reactions: AtomicNewt