• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am currently in a clinic in the psychiatry. The psychiatry helped me with therapy and medication. But there certainly are some assholes and hypocrites. My gut feeling is the higher the reputation in the psychiatry the more smug and arrogant is the staff on average. Moreover, the bosses always posture themselves as fighters for vulnerable people and present themselves as saints in the media. It is so disgusting such hypocrites.

The highest boss at the psychiatry I am currently in knows my case. Maybe she forgot it in the meanwhile. Child abuse, bullying and now treatment resistant suicidality with barely any hope to improve. I once met her at the clinic some years ago and she looked at me with fake empathy, shook her head (not sure on that) but finally she moved on. Honestly, it was palpable how fake this empathy was. On this forum instead many many people read my posts and have real empathy with me. It feels so much more honest on here.

In the clinic I am currently are there are a few bosses (not as high as the one I just mentioned). Next week the biggest ****** returns. I think in Germany they don't treat you anymore if you insult the psychiatry online. LMAO. I read about such cases and watched some Youtube videos. Recently in a newspaper magazine I read a patient was sexually abused by her therapist. She did not say no to him however it was a clear co-dependence and the therapist took advantage of her vulnerability. Interestingly the guy also gave her like 150 k. I hope this joke is not too inappropriate but I wish I could find such a sugar momy. Finally, she sued the clinic and because of that her treatment was denied.

Where was I? This rather unfriendly boss returns. And someone else told me patients regularly cry after meeting her. She also treated me like shit. Told me I felt too good for being in a clinic while being in extreme pain. And these people posture themselves as saviors of vulnerable people in public. Most of it seems to be shallow, fake empathy. Not all staff members are bad. But there are clearly bad apples who still get thousands of euros for playing saviors while doing only their job. Honestly, from what I have experienced in the psychiatry I have the feeling many therapists have blood on their hand. (without knowing it for example by making major mistakes). I witnessed how disrespectful they treat drug addicts for example. I think it is a fact that many drug addicts were sexually abused when they were children. I am now sure many of the staff are really aware of their impact on others. I think if you were aware of that you probably would not sleep well. Overall though having a psychiatry is in my opinion better than having none. But it is way more complicated than that. I think medication and therapy can really make a change. And probably many people have improved by taking them. I would recommend it to many people before ctb. But there is a lot of dark and the psychiatry is not very transparent about that. Closed psych wards are from my experience horrible someone on here said she experienced SA in one and I am not surprised at all I was somewhat molested in one). It feels like a punishment for being suicidal when you are there. It is a joke. Help suicidal people by improving their lives but instead they put them in a cage with acute psychotic and manic people. Why is this actually the case? Why aren't these people separated this does not make sense at all.

Many on here hate the psychiatry personally I don't hate the psychiatry (at least in my current mood maybe that changes again after meeting that boss). But they are full of hypocrites who posture themselves as saints. SaSu feels so much more real and honest. The coverage about the psychiatry is mostly positive. And the coverage about this forum is almost always completely negative. Still SaSu can comfort me way better than these hypocrites at the psychiatry. I get so sick thinking about people who show fates like mine for wanting to pretend how important their work is. Have they after asked about my opinion on their ethics treating suicidal people that way? To be fair the clinic I am currently in asks about feedback but I think this update is pretty new.

There are also bad apples on here. But in contrast to the psychiatry they are not celebrated and paid with A LOT of money.

Why the metaphor with the antichrist? It sounds good. And it is a way for me to catch the attention of stupid members and lurkers to read my way too long threads which so often derail themselves. Now the serious answer. I don't know I prefer dark heroes. I like anti-heroes and antagonists. The one's who don't get love from the world for their work. I like the ones who suffer for making a change in this world while earning barely any compliments. I think the current laws on suicide are extremely cynical and disgusting for people in extreme despair. They force people to extremely cruel fates like ending up as vegetables or to end up severely disabled after jumping in front of the train. Not everything is perfect on here. But how suicidal people are treated by our societies makes me sick to my stomach. And the psychiatry wants to keep the system as it is. I am not sure if the metaphor of the psychiatry as embodiment of Jesus Christ is really accurate. It sort of sounds like something a person with religious delusions would say. The anti-heroes are often more cool than the main protagonists. Especially ethically they often hold contrarian positions and start a thinking process. The psychiatry is seen as a saint. Maybe in this sense the metaphor works.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I just wish they hadn't done so much damage to me, and that they weren't so incompetent and abusive. I'm glad that I don't generally hear about horror stories that equal mine but it also makes me feel terribly lonely and how unfair and ridiculous everything was, and I'll never stop wondering whether things could be different. I can't really relate to anybody else's experiences with them because mine were so bad.

I find people with any sort of power or responsibility that abuse it or are incompetent with it to be extremely unforgiveable. I don't understand how they can willingly inflict so much damage.

Last edited:
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
This place is antipsychiatry huh? Doesn't seem that way to me. Maybe the antipsychiatry types can't read well enough but I am strongly pro-psychiatry and it's written out in full on this website. I love telling people how much help that evidence-based therapy and psychiatry has done for me. It has nothing to do with my ongoing wish to commit suicide.

That is more related to the fact that it took society THIRTY TWO YEARS to give me an effective diagnosis. The reasons why are blabla; some are circumstance and some are coincidence. Some are incompetence.

I don't think Sanctioned Suicide can symbolise the antichrist anymore anyway. We are honour-bound to give that to the Satanists. They made a Satanic bible, they position themselves as antithesis to christian organised religion; they have earned the antichrist thing.

Reactions: CowardStaysIn
CowardStaysIn

CowardStaysIn

This life isn't mine
Apr 27, 2024
I am pro-psychology; psychiatry...I've met more bad than good. but I've been fortunate in being treated by two good psychiatrists in a row a few years back. I currently am having my medication managed by a nurse practitioner which is fine since I'm not in acute distress atm. My issue is with therapists who are not at all qualified to work with someone who has any form of post-traumatic stress - you spend the money, you take the time and effort to get there, and then you find out that once again you're going to have to search for someone who actually lives up to their search results. Sorta knowing about trauma vs actually having experience and expertise treating a trauma patient. And I do not like working with CBT because they're all about changing the way you think without addressing - more than superficially - what's underneath it. I also have the "you're so smart, why do you feel this way" stench. I've also had therapists who'd use our sessions to use me as their therapist: "you're so easy to talk to". Giving an example from their own life to illustrate a point is one thing - straight up using your client as your therapist is quite another. All I do is show empathy - if I see a bandaid, I ask what happened. If someone seems sad, I ask why.

I may not like/trust people, but I am concerned when I see an owie.

However, my late oldest sister was bipolar II, and what she went through in inpatient I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Watching what she went through (and my egg donor taunting me that my own mental health issues would put me in the same situation - "you're gonna end up just like your sister") gave me a lifelong suspicion and fear. Plus, I realized that I couldn't say certain things because it's a one-way ticket to incarceration. Which is why I'm here - no judgement about my feelings whether active or passive.

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think it's an interesting comparison and I see the similarity too. To me, psychiatry doesn't seem as strong of a science as other physical medicine. Scientists openly seem to admit that they don't fully understand how the brain works. I'm not convinced they really know how the drugs they prescribe work. They just appear to have an affect (hopefully a positive one.) In that sense, I think psychiatry does have parallels to religion. More of a belief system rather than a science based on physical facts- or rather- I'd say enough physical facts to consider accurate.

Put it this way- I reckon any of us could 'fake' a mental illness to the extent of receiving mind altering treatment! If we 'faked' a heart condition, they'd likely be able to establish there was nothing wrong before tearing open our chest to take a look. So much of it seems to be about interpreting someone's description of their symptoms.

Plus, I think anything like therapy does require the person to have trust and at least some faith in it. It seems unlikely it would work if you go in thinking- I don't believe in any of this and I'm not going to do what they advise. That's why it seems like a waste for me to try it again. I think I'm too stubborn to be open to change. But yes- I think psychiatry demands that its patients have faith and respect in it.

Plus- psychiatry seems like a jealous God. It doesn't want its deciples listening to other theories. Hell- I even watched a YouTube video of a guy talking about brain scans. That's something I've never understood. If you're examining the mind- why aren't you examining the physical brain?!! But yeah- he said some psychiatrists were resistant or not at all interested to hear his results! Maybe because they would contradict what they'd spent many years and lots of money learning but surely- foming better ways of treating people ought to be the priority. To be fair though, I don't personally know how psychiatric care has developed. Maybe they are open to new ideas and research and ways of doing things.

But definitely- perhaps it depends on the therapist in question. Some people here have said their therapists were refreshingly open about talking about suicide. To some though- it seems you're not allowed to talk about it at all. Like that's going to stop someone thinking about it! I'm no psychologist but I kind of suspect, when you're told not to do something you have a strong drive to do, it just pushes it underground and then mixes it up with other feelings of shame, guilt, frustration, isolation- which I don't think help anyone!

But yeah- I suspect to those sorts, this place is absolutely the anti-christ. Somewhere that 'sanctions' suicide as a reasonable thing to do? I expect they hate it!

Whether they are right, I'm doubtful. I would agree that it's a negative echo chamber. We all tend to reinforce one another's pessimistic, cynical view of the world. That isn't going to be too beneficial to someone who wants to recover. But then- there is the recovery section.

What irks me though is- I think they think we're stupid. I've witnessed plenty of members move over into recovery, take a break or, leave the forum entirely because they probably realised their ideas were starting to mis-align and the negativity was maybe keeping them from committing to recovery. I think a lot of people here are extremely self aware. You can't really be suicidal without being self aware but I think more than that, people do actually know how open- if at all- they are to recovery. Plus, what things aid or damage that aim. So- I'd argue that it likely doesn't change someone's attitude. Plus, people would still suicide whether this place existed or not. Yes, it provides information on the means to do it but, that can be found elsewhere too.

I don't really get it to be honest- psychiatry's almost phobia towards talking about suicide. (It seems that way in some cases.) Do they really think not talking about it will make it disappear?!! I suppose dwelling on it could make it more likely to happen. But still, avoiding the elephant in the room doesn't resolve anything to my mind. I just find it weird.

Sorry, I've waffled on in my response but to the original question- I agree that psychiatry has parallels to orthodox religion and I dislike both for the same sort of reasons. The superiority and authoritarianism used by both despite both of them being a bit woolly. And yes, I reckon both would view this place as the anti-christ.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think it's an interesting comparison and I see the similarity too. To me, psychiatry doesn't seem as strong of a science as other physical medicine. Scientists openly seem to admit that they don't fully understand how the brain works. I'm not convinced they really know how the drugs they prescribe work. They just appear to have an affect (hopefully a positive one.) In that sense, I think psychiatry does have parallels to religion. More of a belief system rather than a science based on physical facts- or rather- I'd say enough physical facts to consider accurate.

Put it this way- I reckon any of us could 'fake' a mental illness to the extent of receiving mind altering treatment! If we 'faked' a heart condition, they'd likely be able to establish there was nothing wrong before tearing open our chest to take a look. So much of it seems to be about interpreting someone's description of their symptoms.

Plus, I think anything like therapy does require the person to have trust and at least some faith in it. It seems unlikely it would work if you go in thinking- I don't believe in any of this and I'm not going to do what they advise. That's why it seems like a waste for me to try it again. I think I'm too stubborn to be open to change. But yes- I think psychiatry demands that its patients have faith and respect in it.

Plus- psychiatry seems like a jealous God. It doesn't want its deciples listening to other theories. Hell- I even watched a YouTube video of a guy talking about brain scans. That's something I've never understood. If you're examining the mind- why aren't you examining the physical brain?!! But yeah- he said some psychiatrists were resistant or not at all interested to hear his results! Maybe because they would contradict what they'd spent many years and lots of money learning but surely- foming better ways of treating people ought to be the priority. To be fair though, I don't personally know how psychiatric care has developed. Maybe they are open to new ideas and research and ways of doing things.

But definitely- perhaps it depends on the therapist in question. Some people here have said their therapists were refreshingly open about talking about suicide. To some though- it seems you're not allowed to talk about it at all. Like that's going to stop someone thinking about it! I'm no psychologist but I kind of suspect, when you're told not to do something you have a strong drive to do, it just pushes it underground and then mixes it up with other feelings of shame, guilt, frustration, isolation- which I don't think help anyone!

But yeah- I suspect to those sorts, this place is absolutely the anti-christ. Somewhere that 'sanctions' suicide as a reasonable thing to do? I expect they hate it!

Whether they are right, I'm doubtful. I would agree that it's a negative echo chamber. We all tend to reinforce one another's pessimistic, cynical view of the world. That isn't going to be too beneficial to someone who wants to recover. But then- there is the recovery section.

What irks me though is- I think they think we're stupid. I've witnessed plenty of members move over into recovery, take a break or, leave the forum entirely because they probably realised their ideas were starting to mis-align and the negativity was maybe keeping them from committing to recovery. I think a lot of people here are extremely self aware. You can't really be suicidal without being self aware but I think more than that, people do actually know how open- if at all- they are to recovery. Plus, what things aid or damage that aim. So- I'd argue that it likely doesn't change someone's attitude. Plus, people would still suicide whether this place existed or not. Yes, it provides information on the means to do it but, that can be found elsewhere too.

I don't really get it to be honest- psychiatry's almost phobia towards talking about suicide. (It seems that way in some cases.) Do they really think not talking about it will make it disappear?!! I suppose dwelling on it could make it more likely to happen. But still, avoiding the elephant in the room doesn't resolve anything to my mind. I just find it weird.

Sorry, I've waffled on in my response but to the original question- I agree that psychiatry has parallels to orthodox religion and I dislike both for the same sort of reasons. The superiority and authoritarianism used by both despite both of them being a bit woolly. And yes, I reckon both would view this place as the anti-christ.
Interesting and well written response. I would not agree with everything but that's fine. It is a thoughtful interpretation of this metaphor. Thanks for putting so much work in your reply.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep