• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am in a clinic currently. I am more or less in a clique. The people are not perfect and I could not imagine to become real friends with them. But at clinic we enjoy spending time with each other.

We are two guys and two borderline women. We men are some years older than the women. The other guy seems to be a loser virgin just as me. However, I insist that we are not the same. This dude does all the fucking time very awkward sex jokes. Jokes you might hear from fifth or sixth graders. A very friendly staff member got into (big?) trouble for not intervening in these jokes. After clinic time we walk together to public transport. Then we talk uncensored also about suicide.

So this dude does these very awkward sex jokes all the time and I tried to check the facial expression of the other women. The last time only one of them was around. And honestly she looked like in pain when he did these jokes. She acted like hahaha so funny on the outside. But it was so fucking obvious it made her uncomfortable. I met so many women who became mentally ill because of sexual abuse. I have become very careful with such jokes because it can trigger them. Especially at clinics such jokes are very inappropritate. I even considered to tell this dude to stop these jokes when we were alone. But it could make it even worse.

When I joined in the small talk I searched for topics to talk about. I mentioned religion, politics, movies etc. And I think she feared I would say sexual experiences next. She looked sort of uncomfortable and fearful. However, of course I did not mention sexuality once. I think she appreciated I cirumvented that topic. It sort of makes me proud. She looked thankful but I should not overinterpret that. I am not interested in her as a woman and I think she has a boyfriend anyway.

One of my paranoid fears is. Something that can make me extremely depressed and suicidal it is a pathological thinkingg pattern I am or was seen by others as a pervert who molests women. After my manias this almost drove me to commit suicide. And if this returns I am going to ctb because of this extreme pain. Though it is far from the truth. The extremely attractive women I once had a crush on at college (and who was raped) told me that I am a great and genuinely good person. I did her some favors because I feared she might have felt pressured by me. I think this was unnecessary but she considers me a very good human being which feels good.

I hate the notion to make a women uncomfortable when it comes to (sexual) relationships.

I am not sure how that develops in the clinic. I have the feeling the topic sexuality can trigger many SA surviviors. It is really a bad idea to crack sex jokes in a clinic for mentally ill people. Especially if more or less acute suicidal people are present. I feel better because I don't do such garbage behavior. But there are still so many other behaviors I despise myself for.

*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
that's kinda ironic, since my therapist (a woman) constantly makes sexual jokes. I honestly don't mind, but it can get uncomfortable since she keeps going and wont stop till you pretend its funny and laugh, so I kinda get why people don't like it

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
It's a terrible idea to make sex jokes in any workplace. People can lose their job.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
that's kinda ironic, since my therapist (a woman) constantly makes sexual jokes. I honestly don't mind, but it can get uncomfortable since she keeps going and wont stop till you pretend its funny and laugh, so I kinda get why people don't like it
Really? Which sort of jokes? Are you male or female? That' s really weird. Are you at a similar age to her's?

Reactions: *Hope*
*Hope*

*Hope*

Student
Jan 18, 2021
Really? Which sort of jokes? Are you male or female? That' s really weird. Are you at a similar age to her's?
Im a male, she is 6 years older I think.

I once talked about my weekend and how I spent it, long story short she ended up joking about how I should've "just had sex with *that* girl in a house party toilet and leave through the bathroom window". She was just joking obviously, she's actually a nice person, but it's a joke I wouldn't expect from a professional therapist

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Do you feel able to say that you feel uncomfortable about him saying the jokes? As a rape victim, I agree it's totally unacceptable for him to be doing this anywhere (not just a clinic).

You'll probably help the other women in there by pointing this out - as long as he stops of course.

You don't sound like a 'loser' to me (your words, not mine). You sound kind and compassionate.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Do you feel able to say that you feel uncomfortable about him saying the jokes? As a rape victim, I agree it's totally unacceptable for him to be doing this anywhere (not just a clinic).

You'll probably help the other women in there by pointing this out - as long as he stops of course.

You don't sound like a 'loser' to me (your words, not mine). You sound kind and compassionate.
Personally it does trigger me. But it makes me uncomfortable that it makes that woman uncomfortable. I was so far never alone with him. I consider to ask him not to repeat these jokes because it can trigger SA survivors and you never know who is a survivor. It could ruin our lose somewhat good relationship. Even worse it could drive him to increase the frequency of these jokes. This is my biggest fear I could imagine that. But I consider to talk with him.

And thank you very much for your compliment. :)

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I found out the guy who does these sex jokes is either a sociopath or psychopath which would also explain why he and the others in the group mocked a disabled person who walked next to us. To be honest I was quite shocked about that.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think you sound like a kind person. You are entirely correct that those jokes are highly inappropriate in that setting, and honestly pretty much any setting.

Not trying to encourage you to pick a fight or anything, as a woman myself I appreciate your subtle attempt to divert the conversation. However, there is a good chance it wont stop unless you straight up call him out. Men who degrade women wont stop doing so because a woman asks them to, they look down on us, so why would they listen to us? They only listen to the criticisms of other men. But by all means I understand if you dont feel up to the confrontation. I dont blame you for that one bit, I hate confrontation too.

You mentioned that the others in the group made fun of a disabled person? The group your hanging with sounds kinda bad.... is it possible for you to find a new group? I know thats easier said than done, I truly understand how difficult that can be, it just saddens me that someone who sounds as nice as you is surrounded by such people. Please stay kind and dont let others change you.
Except for the jokes about the disabled person the two women are pretty friendly. I cannot choose among many people in this clinic. I have to pick some if I don't want to be lonely all the time. But I won't exchange my phone number with them.