• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

myopia

myopia

on earth, we’re briefly gorgeous.
Apr 8, 2024
Hello! New member here-- I was wondering if someone could help me understand the nuances surrounding proper etiquette for finding sources on SS. FYI, I've already carefully read through the Rules & FAQ, forum guide, and crash course for new members. I've also already used the search feature to read through previous threads about this topic, but the information I've found has been vague or unhelpful.

One of the SS rules that stood out to me was Do not ask to be PM'd. From browsing the forum, this seems to be a rule that people break all the time without consequence. Is this just for show? If not, how are new members supposed to get access to information (like sources) that aren't allowed to be publicly shared on the forum? I've seen members say that if you're just active in the community for long enough a source will come to you, but I'm confused as to how that works if you're not allowed to explicitly ask others to PM you. After all, it's not like one day a source is magically going to appear in my inbox, right?

Obviously, I've tried looking for sources myself, but I've found little luck, even while using forum tips (such as using DuckDuckGo + VPNs, searching on foreign marketplaces, typing in the chemical formula / the name in different languages, etc.). Another issue I've found is I'm unfamiliar with how to use these sites. Is it safe for me to provide my phone number and email to potential sellers? My real name? My address? Is there a way to verify that someone is legit before providing sensitive information, or do you just take the risk? Do I need to pay with cyptocurrency, or is my credit card/Paypal okay? I have many more questions surrounding logistics, and I would love for someone more knowledgeable to walk me through it, but I'm worried that would be violation of this term: Helping someone die, including advising and including specifics, is against the rules of the site. So what's the line between sharing information and advising someone on how to CTB? I assume SS would rather people have the information they need as opposed to engaging in potentially dangerous online activity completely blind. If anyone can provide clarity to any of these questions, it would be much appreciated.

I'd like to note that although I am a new member, I have been considering CTB for over half a decade. This is not a decision I'm making impulsively. I've simply hit a breaking point which has led me to finally stop procrastinating and take actual decisive action (i.e. making this account).

TLDR: I'm desperate to find a source (SN or N) asap so I can CTB. What is the most effective way for me to go about this without breaking any rules or infringing on community protocol? Thank you!

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Where does it say don't ask to be pmd? You can ask as many are doing it...will you be pmd, that's another thing.
Regarding suicide resources and information, It it presumed that you are old enough to look through them and decide what to do with that information on your own term.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
myopia

myopia

Apr 8, 2024
Just engage with the forum and post. Someone will eventually help you but given the age of your account the chances of that are very small rn sorry
Like I said in the post, I've seen that advice before, but I'm confused how that works if you can't ask others to PM with sources. Like even if my account 10 years old, it would still be against the rules to ask, right? So how do people find sources?

Reactions: transcendencious
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum! Interact with the people in discussions, the chat and so and sources will eventually come to you when people gain trust.

myopia

myopia

Apr 8, 2024
Where does it say don't ask to be pmd? You can ask as many are doing it...will you be pmd, that's another thing.
Regarding suicide resources and information, It it presumed that you are old enough to look through them and decide what to do with that information on your own term.
It's in the Rules & FAQ, bullet point 8 under the "Don't" section. I don't want to be banned hence why I'm asking for clarification on this.

Is there a resource section for finding sources on here? I haven't found one, and I didn't see any information pertaining to that in the pinned resource guide or any of the SN threads.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Like I said in the post, I've seen that advice before, but I'm confused how that works if you can't ask others to PM with sources. Like even if my account 10 years old, it would still be against the rules to ask, right? So how do people find sources?
You should be able to pm people after a certain time and making a certain number of posts

B

boddibo

maybe this year will be the one
Dec 19, 2023
The real risk by sharing a source is that it would soon or later be discovered by people that want to prevent others from CTBing, that is why it's usually not really a good idea to ask to be DMed when asking source when your account isn't old. I don't think it's that much of a problem, as long as you do not harass the people, because yeah, not everyone will be giving you their source once you'll be able to PM, some will even find it intrusive.

And for the "do not encourage people" part, yes, obviously we need to share some infos in order to have an educated view about the options that are given to us, but I can get why you might find yourself confused as the line is sometimes thin between giving info and 'helping them to CTB', but don't worry, it's more about the people that are encouraging the others to do it — and they are easy to spot and report. I'd say, don't get too involved and stay factual if you're afraid of crossing the line. Maybe ask a mod (when you'll be able to do so) if you come accross a thread that you'd like to answer but you're unsure if it's appropriate or not, mods are also here for this too.

Last edited:
K

Ksavagedie

Apr 23, 2024
Hello! New member here-- I was wondering if someone could help me understand the nuances surrounding proper etiquette for finding sources on SS. FYI, I've already carefully read through the Rules & FAQ, forum guide, and crash course for new members. I've also already used the search feature to read through previous threads about this topic, but the information I've found has been vague or unhelpful.

One of the SS rules that stood out to me was Do not ask to be PM'd. From browsing the forum, this seems to be a rule that people break all the time without consequence. Is this just for show? If not, how are new members supposed to get access to information (like sources) that aren't allowed to be publicly shared on the forum? I've seen members say that if you're just active in the community for long enough a source will come to you, but I'm confused as to how that works if you're not allowed to explicitly ask others to PM you. After all, it's not like one day a source is magically going to appear in my inbox, right?

Obviously, I've tried looking for sources myself, but I've found little luck, even while using forum tips (such as using DuckDuckGo + VPNs, searching on foreign marketplaces, typing in the chemical formula / the name in different languages, etc.). Another issue I've found is I'm unfamiliar with how to use these sites. Is it safe for me to provide my phone number and email to potential sellers? My real name? My address? Is there a way to verify that someone is legit before providing sensitive information, or do you just take the risk? Do I need to pay with cyptocurrency, or is my credit card/Paypal okay? I have many more questions surrounding logistics, and I would love for someone more knowledgeable to walk me through it, but I'm worried that would be violation of this term: Helping someone die, including advising and including specifics, is against the rules of the site. So what's the line between sharing information and advising someone on how to CTB? I assume SS would rather people have the information they need as opposed to engaging in potentially dangerous online activity completely blind. If anyone can provide clarity to any of these questions, it would be much appreciated.

I'd like to note that although I am a new member, I have been considering CTB for over half a decade. This is not a decision I'm making impulsively. I've simply hit a breaking point which has led me to finally stop procrastinating and take actual decisive action (i.e. making this account).

TLDR: I'm desperate to find a source (SN or N) asap so I can CTB. What is the most effective way for me to go about this without breaking any rules or infringing on community protocol? Thank you!
I'm new and was wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting this question

homesoon.

homesoon.

i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶
Apr 15, 2024
In my experience, as this isn't my first time here, I dug into the forums, made it clear what I was looking for, and posted for awhile until I became a "trusted" member. Eventually, someone was kind enough to provide it and it went from there. I definitely wouldn't recommend just going around asking people to dm you because they more than likely won't out of self-protection or trying to ensure the source doesn't become compromised. For example, I've had people ask me or someone dm me, but I'm weary to provide a source when I'm not familiar with them. However, I am open to dm-ing if you have questions on how to go about doing things (e.g., like you do in this post).

In other words, be patient and stay persistent!