• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
After I lost my temper on a social media status the other day when the current mental health system was being highly praised, I was contacted by the local paper interested in my view point and my Pro Suicide views. We have had a few phone conversations and she is interested in running a story, BUT I want to play it careful, I want to hit her with correct info and facts, But am unsure where to start.
Whether she runs the story I don't know, as I wish to remain anon but she said showing a name and face makes it more powerful to the readers, but I know some people esp when it comes to this can be total arseshats.

I want your thought's, facts and info I can throw at her, I want her to realise those of us on the pro suicide path are here for reasons beyond that of just having a bad day, and its not about attention seeking, but Ill be honest and say I am not the most articulate, so wondering if you peeps can help out here?
I may walk away from this I am unsure, I want to be prepared just incase!

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Be careful, many journalists are honourless rats. I don't know about the person you were contacted by, but I'd be careful. Journos sometimes have preconcieved notions of what they want as a story and she might try to verbally trap and maneuver youbinto saying/defending stuff you don't agree with. In the worst case she might chop the audio up to push you into a bad light.

Never trust the media, they're only in it for the money and don't care about the truth and the people they report on.

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I want her to realise those of us on the pro suicide path...

Are you really pro suicide, or do you mean pro choice?

In any case, i agree with Luchs. And i'm 99% sure the journalist will just twist your words to make you look like a mentally ill fool for the entertainment of the masses.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Are you really pro suicide, or do you mean pro choice?

In any case, i agree with Luchs. And i'm 99% sure the journalist will just twist your words to make you look like a mentally ill fool for the entertainment of the masses.
Pro Choice, which means pro life and pro suicide in my eyes, but I was drunk writting this post last night I am surprised it makes as much sense as it does!!

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I would be careful with journalists, most journalists are completely against suicide no matter what.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
If you trust this journalist and you're certain of this, sure. I'd love to help out if I can. But you're going to have to be more specific. Which facts and what correct info are you looking for? I doubt she wants statistics and numbers because a) that's her job and b) a lay person is usually meant to provide personal experience rather than official statements. If there's anything specific you're thinking of, ask away

Reactions: Baskol1
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Is this a lady from Buzzfeed, by any chance?

Oh wait: a local paper, and they want a photo and name?! That's nuts, if you'll pardon the expression. No way should you give up your privacy so a journalist has a "better story". It seems thoroughly unprofessional of her to suggest that, so: no.

Last edited:
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
No, just no.

I don't know what the situation is where you live, but some countries place some pretty heavy duty restrictions on the reporting of suicide.

The whole thing smells like a stitch-up. :notsure:

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
No, just no.

I don't know what the situation is where you live, but some countries place some pretty heavy duty restrictions on the reporting of suicide.

The whole thing smells like a stitch-up. :notsure:

Im sure some people want this site to be shut down.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Ok, I despise journalists as much as the next guy but let's not get overly paranoid here. I've seen local newspapers publish stories about depression and mental illness before. With the real name and picture from the person interviewed. It's not a preposterous notion and I think we could give Soulless Angel a bit of credit when it comes to judging this person's character and motives.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Ok, I despise journalists as much as the next guy but let's not get overly paranoid here. I've seen local newspapers publish stories about depression and mental illness before. With the real name and picture from the person interviewed. It's not a preposterous notion and I think we could give Soulless Angel a bit of credit when it comes to judging this person's character and motives.

Were not overly paranoid.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

I'm not discrediting @Soulless_Angel. She's said she's unsure about it and I think she's wise to be. Being a poster child for depression or mental illness is not the same as letting your community know you're pro-choice and that you sanction suicide. A reporter suggesting she should give up her privacy for a story like that is being quite reckless, in my opinion.

Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I'm not discrediting @Soulless_Angel. She's said she's unsure about it and I think she's wise to be. Being a poster child for depression or mental illness is not the same as letting your community know you're pro-choice and that you sanction suicide. A reporter suggesting she should give up her privacy for a story like that is being quite reckless, in my opinion.
Right, I do see your point. But we don't know what the situation is exactly. That's why I prefaced everything with a variation of 'if Soulless feels it's ok'. Personally I wouldn't want my name and picture published, in this or any other instance, so I get why she's hesitant about that.

Reactions: Soul and Baskol1