• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I just had a fight with my mom and I asked her why people work or live, knowing that life is meaningless and that nothing matters in the end. I told her that people work in order to make money to survive. She said it was because "people enjoy life". She said that work allows her to go traveling and to do what she wants to do. She says that she enjoys things in life. I told her that life is my sickness and cancer (she called me her cancer before), and she said that I sounded "nonsensical". She said that my way of thinking is "wrong" and that my logic and reasoning are "flawed" and make no sense. She even said that I have no logic.

She said that my mental faculties are declining and that my views and ideas are getting stranger. She said that I am mentally ill and have issues. However, despite this, she expects me to be productive and independent. She wants me to get a job and become a productive member of society. I told her that I was literally disabled (due to Asperger's/autism), and she said that disabled people work too, and that I'm just lazy. I honestly don't understand how people can enjoy life. They must have Stockholm Syndrome or something. It's funny how she called me the sick one when she is literally the one who is brainwashed. "It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Ignorance truly is bliss.

Last edited:
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
I ask myself this all the time… I think a lot of people don't but they are able to delude themselves into thinking they do, probably because it's so painful to acknowledge that how depressing life truly is. I was this way for a while. The human mind is great at convincing yourself of whatever makes you feel sane. Feigning a made up god to make life have some sort of meaning is the epitome of this.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Probably not. This isn't to say that most people view life in a purely pessismistic manner, but genuinely enjoying life can be a hard thing to do, espeically nowadays. Why else do you think things like shopping hauls are so popular or why alcoholism has become so normalized in parts of the world? While there are aspects of life that people do enjoy, finding true joy can be a difficult thing to do. A lot of people tend to spend their time looking for external comforts and pleasures in order to fill the voids inside of them. It's hard to genuinely enjoy life when you have to work a shitty 9-5 and worry about climate change, large corportions, the state of the economy, politics, and more. The world is looking bleak so people tend to spend a lot of their time trying to cope with it rather than actually enjoying life.

Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023
I have often thought this a lot over the years, and I genuinely believe most people don't enjoy life. They just live it as it's an inherent survival instinct almost. Equally, they get into positions where they feel their life is important for other people (like their children).

Most people probably don't ever sit down and ponder if life has meaning, or if it's enjoyable.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Probably not. This isn't to say that most people view life in a purely pessismistic manner, but genuinely enjoying life can be a hard thing to do, espeically nowadays. Why else do you think things like shopping hauls are so popular or why alcoholism has become so normalized in parts of the world? While there are aspects of life that people do enjoy, finding true joy can be a difficult thing to do. A lot of people tend to spend their time looking for external comforts and pleasures in order to fill the voids inside of them. It's hard to genuinely enjoy life when you have to work a shitty 9-5 and worry about climate change, large corportions, the state of the economy, politics, and more. The world is looking bleak so people tend to spend a lot of their time trying to cope with it rather than actually enjoying life.
I asked her if the enjoyment she gets out of life justifies having to work, and she just basically shut down lol. She couldn't argue and didn't have anything to say. She was literally speechless. She stormed off in a rage and finally left me alone. She wants me to work but I want no part in it. I would hate to have to enter this inherently exploitative system. I will probably be forced to by her though. She doesn't like the fact that I'm living at home and doing nothing. She thinks that I'm lazy and unproductive. She wants me to contribute

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I think most people are neutral about life. Like they might hate their job but they look forward to the weekends for hobbies, friends, and family
It's okay. I just feel so annoyed because I never even chose to be born. I never wanted any of this. It's better for me never to have been
My parents have just accepted that I will rot away in their basement

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think most people are neutral about life. Like they might hate their job but they look forward to the weekends for hobbies, friends, and family

My parents have just accepted that I will rot away in their basement
You're lucky that your parents are accepting of your conditions. Mine still expect me to be productive and become a well-adjusted member of society. My mom wants me to do something and doesn't like the fact that I'm doing nothing all day. She says that this isn't a life, and she asked if I expect to live like this for the rest of my life. She asked me what happens to the hikikomoris in Japan after their parents die. I haven't even thought of that. I wonder what would happen to them. What would they do? Be forced to get a job? Anyways, I guess my NEEThood will have to come to an end 😭

Last edited:
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
She still expects me to be productive. She wants me to do something and doesn't like the fact that I'm doing nothing all day. I guess my NEEThood will have to come to an end :(
Can you get a temporary job just to get her off your back?

Reactions: davidtorez
Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve

Ein wunderschöner Baum um sich zu erhängen
Mar 27, 2024
life is unwanted, they just can't conceive of it, but everyone notices it unconsciously, why does everyone wait so long for the weekend? Do they drink, smoke? Do they play any sport or are addicted to any type of games? All of this is an escape from reality, because most of the time we are wasting ourselves in some action to survive. In a way, most people live because they are already here and are used to it,not because you really want to live.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Can you get a temporary job just to get her off your back?
I don't want to get any kind of job at all. She wants me to go to these neurodivergent career support services and apply for their program (to get a job). My psychiatrist sent her an email about this, and I wish that he hadn't. She started pestering and nagging me about this. Whenever she gets fixated on an idea, she nags me 24/7 about it and it's so annoying. I hate being told what to do. It even makes me want to do the opposite of what she says because she annoys me so much. I told her that nagging doesn't work on people like me, but she doesn't care lol

Last edited:
Christopher Reeve

Christopher Reeve

Ein wunderschöner Baum um sich zu erhängen
Mar 27, 2024
I myself work enough to make a decent living, I don't torture myself with bigger jobs or overtime to have more money that I may never spend because I never have time. I prefer to have free time to enjoy.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You are lucky in a way. My mother would never accept that. I would become homeless
I'm sorry to hear that you're forced to work. My mom wants to kick me out; she doesn't like me living with her
I think most ppl do enjoy it. They like being social with coworkers during their shift and it makes their day flow faster. Most people also have decent energy reserve.
Why do they like being social? I hate how so much in life is about socializing and social interaction

Last edited:
latte art

latte art

simple heart
Apr 6, 2024
It's hard to say whether *most* people have a certain experience or not. Enjoyment is a possible experience, so it's possible for people to enjoy life under certain circumstances. It certainly takes a measure of luck and work, though. It's also possible to enjoy or not enjoy work or not working.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I think that most people enjoy life but I also agree with the other comments here who mention the idea of them deluding themselves into liking life and how they're coping twice as hard by not admitting just how harsh life is. Though, for those people, the "little things" is apparently just enough to where they can justify living yet not be suicidal. It's almost as if suffering was designed to be a maximum as the pleasures most people get are just enough to where they aren't thinking about suicide

JaJu

JaJu

Apr 3, 2024
It's lucky that your parents are accepting of your conditions. Mine still expect me to be productive and become a well-adjusted member of society. My mom wants me to do something and doesn't like the fact that I'm doing nothing all day. She says that this isn't a life, and she asked if I expect to live like this for the rest of my life.
Wouldn't it be nice if parents also sought therapy or if they at least made an effort to learn about mental conditions to increase their understanding of what we're going through? But they don't because they believe there's nothing wrong with them since they can function day to day (even if they're emotionally distressed) and don't bother to learn because it's not of importance to them. They just want change like a light switch—it's like trying to communicate to a wall.

Untimely

Untimely

Student
Apr 21, 2023
I just had a fight with my mom and I asked her why people work or live, knowing that life is meaningless and that nothing matters in the end. I told her that people work in order to make money to survive. She said it was because "people enjoy life". She said that work allows her to go traveling and to do what she wants to do. She says that she enjoys things in life. I told her that life is my sickness and cancer (she called me her cancer before), and she said that I sounded "nonsensical". She said that my way of thinking is "wrong" and that my logic and reasoning are "flawed" and make no sense. She even said that I have no logic.

She said that my mental faculties are declining and that my views and ideas are getting stranger. She said that I am mentally ill and have issues. However, despite this, she expects me to be productive and independent. She wants me to get a job and become a productive member of society. I told her that I was literally disabled (due to Asperger's/autism), and she said that disabled people work too, and that I'm just lazy. I honestly don't understand how people can enjoy life. They must have Stockholm Syndrome or something. It's funny how she called me the sick one when she is literally the one who is brainwashed. "It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Ignorance truly is bliss.
I actually don't think normal people enjoy life lol

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
For the most part of my life (after I left school) I enjoyed my life and I found a way to combine living my life the way I want it combined with work bc to live the life I want to live I need money and that worked very well for me bc I was lucky enough to find things I really enjoyed doing and they paid off in cash, too. A great win-win! With modern words one could say it was a perfect life-work balance.

But I can understand you bc now I also would be forced to become a direct (min-)wage-slave to the system after my big failure and that wouldn't be a life for me either- work, just to keep me alive. No, thanks, life is more than that!

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I don't want to get any kind of job at all. She wants me to go to these neurodivergent career support services and apply for their program (to get a job). My psychiatrist sent her an email about this, and I wish that he hadn't. She started pestering and nagging me about this. Whenever she gets fixated on an idea, she nags me 24/7 about it and it's so annoying. I hate being told what to do. It even makes me want to do the opposite of what she says because she annoys me so much. I told her that nagging doesn't work on people like me, but she doesn't care lol
My country doesn't even have neuro divergent support let alone job services.
I hate this stupid shithole

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
Dam

I don't think you're illogical or or nonsensical. It sounds like you are reflecting a lot. You guys don't sound much alike lol. How can she expect you to function when you're functioning is impaired? That is odd. . .
I reckon some people are born with more seratonin or dopamine brains to " enjoy life " as she's saying. Like our system of money is so flawed ,… I know everyone says inflation but🙄.
😑you are not lazy you're just aware of what's going on maybe ultra aware. This society is confusing and so this life is very sad. I guess my opinion is most people do enjoy life and the percents that don't find places like this to speak to eachother because we don't have people we can always talk to in real life.
Instagram accounts that seem so happy always make me so depressed. Even tho I know it's just a snapshot I'm like woah that persons living up theyr 20s and I should be too. But f(ck it 🧍
It's a mean world

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's hard to know how the majority of people feel. From the 'normies' I have met, I get the sense that most people are struggling to some extent. Quite often it is work related- they're simply exhausted from the time they have to put in to get by. I'd say only a handful I know likely hate it as much as we do though. Most seem to accept life. When they do that, their focus is on trying to make things better for themselves which often leads to the cycle of earning money in order to spend it.

Whether you've said it outright, I suspect your Mum realises to some extent that you blame her for bringing you in to this. I think quite often their arguement is- they had to do this. They accepted having to take on responsibilities and finding work. The majority of people do in fact so- they won't excuse us readily.

I think my parents would be the same as yours. They probably wouldn't have chucked me out- and I'm not sure that your Mum actually will. Saying they want us to leave is different to shoving our stuff out and changing the locks. Still- mine would have given me hell if I hadn't found work.

Do you claim benefits? That's the other route I suppose. If your Asperger's/autism is so severe that you can't work- I imagine you would be eligible for benefits. A friend of mine still lives with their parents. They pushed them to go for job seakers allowance which inevitably lead them to getting a job- because you have to be applying for jobs to receive it in the UK.

It's tricky really because effectively- both of you are claiming that the other is behaving unreasonably. Your Mum possibly comes from a background where people find work and support themselves as a matter of course. She may actually think it would be good for you to be around other people, to have work to focus on. To have your own finances. To know that you will be financially ok when she dies. That is something parents worry about. Seeing as it's what most people do and accept- she likely does think you're being unreasonable.

On the other hand- I do see your point of view and I share it to an extent. I really resent it that we're born onto this and just expected to comply. My Dad seems to think it will comfort me when I complain about work when he says that he had it so much worse. But- it doesn't comfort me at all. It really annoys me! It's like- you'd worked out life had a great deal of shit in it then? So- why did you then inflict that on me?!! Again though, weirdly they seem to think this is something we just have to accept.

If your Mum claims to enjoy life though- it's going to be even harder for her to understand your perspective. Plus, I think people do just pull out the mental illness card when they don't know what else to say. Really though- I suppose you're trying to get her to feel guilty for bringing you in to this and insisting you play by the rules and she obviously doesn't want to feel that. It's probably easier for her to think you are thinking abnormally.