• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
A lot of people I've met throughout my life seem to enjoy life, so I guess?
I think the most balanced way of putting it is that life has some good moments. To my mind, at least, that is not enough to offset the fact that I would prefer not to have been born, but, again speaking only for myself, it's enough, since I am here, to make me willing to carry on living, at least for the present.

ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
I think that most normal people dislike life in a different way than most of us. For me personally, death doesn't feel scary. I think of it as an option. I think that when most people think of death or ctb, they instinctively get a kick in the gut. I used to get that feeling too. I don't think that it's that they enjoy life more, but that their relationship with death is painful. Additionally, when you have the drive to fight to live, your life will probably be better than the person who is struggling to get out of bed in the morning. They can look at the bright side of things because looking at the dark side isn't an option.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I just had a fight with my mom and I asked her why people work or live, knowing that life is meaningless and that nothing matters in the end. I told her that people work in order to make money to survive. She said it was because "people enjoy life". She said that work allows her to go traveling and to do what she wants to do. She says that she enjoys things in life. I told her that life is my sickness and cancer (she called me her cancer before), and she said that I sounded "nonsensical". She said that my way of thinking is "wrong" and that my logic and reasoning are "flawed" and make no sense. She even said that I have no logic.

She said that my mental faculties are declining and that my views and ideas are getting stranger. She said that I am mentally ill and have issues. However, despite this, she expects me to be productive and independent. She wants me to get a job and become a productive member of society. I told her that I was literally disabled (due to Asperger's/autism), and she said that disabled people work too, and that I'm just lazy. I honestly don't understand how people can enjoy life. They must have Stockholm Syndrome or something. It's funny how she called me the sick one when she is literally the one who is brainwashed. "It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Ignorance truly is bliss.
Just a bit of advice - I've noticed you tend to be quite combative with your mother. You are dropping the biggest truth bombs and red pills known in existence but her mind cannot comprehend it. If you continue this route she will put you somewhere that you'll despise. The fact your family has money is worse as they can dump you in any ward for however long. I've been more reserved than you with my parents and had the chat maybe twice in a year but more from a nihilistic standpoint. When mothers start talking about not being able to help you or you are mentally ill - they are either going to section you or force therapy and other stuff that they "think" works.

Keep to yourself and probably best not to converse at all with your mother. As I said before - your mother will bring you even more misery and I disagree that you think she is "alright". Your parents are very much, not the greatest individuals which is common among that generation.
Wouldn't it be nice if parents also sought therapy or if they at least made an effort to learn about mental conditions to increase their understanding of what we're going through? But they don't because they believe there's nothing wrong with them since they can function day to day (even if they're emotionally distressed) and don't bother to learn because it's not of importance to them. They just want change like a light switch—it's like trying to communicate to a wall.
Boomers/gen X really have a warped reality. Mention to them work/finances and they turn into an ape that's been infected with the T-Virus. Completely out of control.

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
They probably don't think about enjoying or not. They think about survival, some everyday stuff, achieving some short-term goals, "keeping up with Johnses", how they are seen by peers, getting some bucks etc.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
They probably don't think about enjoying or not. They think about survival, some everyday stuff, achieving some short-term goals, "keeping up with Johnses", how they are seen by peers, getting some bucks etc.
I don't see the point of life if it's all about survival. I don't want to be surviving, I want to be living. None of what they think about seems worth it. It doesn't make life worth living for me

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Just a bit of advice - I've noticed you tend to be quite combative with your mother. You are dropping the biggest truth bombs and red pills known in existence but her mind cannot comprehend it. If you continue this route she will put you somewhere that you'll despise. The fact your family has money is worse as they can dump you in any ward for however long. I've been more reserved than you with my parents and had the chat maybe twice in a year but more from a nihilistic standpoint. When mothers start talking about not being able to help you or you are mentally ill - they are either going to section you or force therapy and other stuff that they "think" works.

Keep to yourself and probably best not to converse at all with your mother. As I said before - your mother will bring you even more misery and I disagree that you think she is "alright". Your parents are very much, not the greatest individuals which is common among that generation.

Boomers/gen X really have a warped reality. Mention to them work/finances and they turn into an ape that's been infected with the T-Virus. Completely out of control.
She wants to "help" me by forcing me to be a productive and well-adjusted member of society. She wants me to "do what I'm supposed to do" and "put me on the right path": basically become a wageslave for the rest of my life. Well maybe not exactly wageslave, but she wants me to become a slave to the system. She wants me to enter the workforce and become independent. She says that I'm "walking on the wrong path", and "do you think this is what your life is all about?" She wants me to go out and achieve something. She wants me to "do something" with my life and be successful. She hates the fact that I'm a NEET (I've been one ever since finishing college) and she wants me to "make something of myself." She forced me to apply for this autism job search/career services program and sent me to this autism therapist to help apply for it, but it didn't help. I also got rejected lol. Now she's forcing me to apply for it again
Same here, but normies come from different strata and many keep clinging on the straws despite suffering.
Why do they do that? Because life is all they've ever known and they're scared of death and dying?
Sometimes yes. I wake up buzzing to be alive, look forward to the joys of the day and what I can achieve.

Most days I wake up thinking why am I alive still.

Depression truly is evil.
What do you achieve out of working? Making money to survive? That's the only thing that I can think of

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
A

achb

Student
Oct 23, 2023
I think most people enjoy enough of life. Nobody lives without worries or stresses. But I think most people enjoy life and fear death enough to never consider ending it.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What do you achieve out of working? Making money to survive? That's the only thing that I can think of
Fatigue? I mean, I never worked before (and I hope I die before I do) but working sounds like it will bring a lot of fatigue and exhaustion to it
I think most people enjoy enough of life. Nobody lives without worries or stresses. But I think most people enjoy life and fear death enough to never consider ending it.
I'll never comprehend how they enjoy life enough to not be suicidal. Even some people in third world countries like life enough to not want to escape it. It's so bizarre to me

• Love
Reactions: achb and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
What do they enjoy about it?

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
working sounds like it will bring a lot of fatigue and exhaustion
For me, working used to bring some satisfaction since it was usually aligned with my special interests. I'd actually be quite happy to just work w/o freaking life disturbances. The latter drive me anxious to the point of being suicidal.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Many older people really do enjoy life because for them it was genuinely enjoyable. Even if it wasn't, our minds have this nasty little defense mechanism called nostalgia which causes us to remember parts of the past fondly even if we were miserable at the time. The longer we live, the more the negative experiences of our past get overwritten and remembered as being positive or at least better than the present day.

Plus there are certainly many things about life that are enjoyable but for me at least, they're all getting increasingly difficult to properly enjoy whether it's because they make me unproductive or they might come with other stipulations impeding their enjoyability.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I just had a fight with my mom and I asked her why people work or live, knowing that life is meaningless and that nothing matters in the end. I told her that people work in order to make money to survive. She said it was because "people enjoy life". She said that work allows her to go traveling and to do what she wants to do. She says that she enjoys things in life. I told her that life is my sickness and cancer (she called me her cancer before), and she said that I sounded "nonsensical". She said that my way of thinking is "wrong" and that my logic and reasoning are "flawed" and make no sense. She even said that I have no logic.

She said that my mental faculties are declining and that my views and ideas are getting stranger. She said that I am mentally ill and have issues. However, despite this, she expects me to be productive and independent. She wants me to get a job and become a productive member of society. I told her that I was literally disabled (due to Asperger's/autism), and she said that disabled people work too, and that I'm just lazy. I honestly don't understand how people can enjoy life. They must have Stockholm Syndrome or something. It's funny how she called me the sick one when she is literally the one who is brainwashed. "It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Ignorance truly is bliss.
It's the charade everyone is playing along with isn't it? The ultimate Emperor's New Clothes. No-one dares bring down the house of cards so everyone just bullshits everyone else. That's my take anyway.

enjoy92

enjoy92

Mar 25, 2024

I read some of your messages, somehow I like you lol

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Many older people really do enjoy life because for them it was genuinely enjoyable. Even if it wasn't, our minds have this nasty little defense mechanism called nostalgia which causes us to remember parts of the past fondly even if we were miserable at the time. The longer we live, the more the negative experiences of our past get overwritten and remembered as being positive or at least better than the present day.

Plus there are certainly many things about life that are enjoyable but for me at least, they're all getting increasingly difficult to properly enjoy whether it's because they make me unproductive or they might come with other stipulations impeding their enjoyability.
This 🙌

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
She wants to "help" me by forcing me to be a productive and well-adjusted member of society. She wants me to "do what I'm supposed to do" and "put me on the right path": basically become a wageslave for the rest of my life. Well maybe not exactly wageslave, but she wants me to become a slave to the system. She wants me to enter the workforce and become independent. She says that I'm "walking on the wrong path", and "do you think this is what your life is all about?" She wants me to go out and achieve something. She wants me to "do something" with my life and be successful. She hates the fact that I'm a NEET (I've been one ever since finishing college) and she wants me to "make something of myself." She forced me to apply for this autism job search/career services program and sent me to this autism therapist to help apply for it, but it didn't help. I also got rejected lol. Now she's forcing me to apply for it again

Why do they do that? Because life is all they've ever known and they're scared of death and dying?

Your mother is a piece of work. Why can't she "employ you" (it's great for tax purposes) boomers love it if they make money. And you just rent out that empty flat. Find someone for it - get a tenant - job done. I mean it "helps" the family (which is what you mum wants) and keeps you busy (reality it will be an online ad, few calls and maybe show it) - it's bottom of the barrel stuff for working. Property management when you own the properties is piss easy - a gopher could do it.

So she's hoarding resourcing but wants you to work and have someone else make money? This is some backwards fucking logic.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I don't know if they enjoy life itself. They definitely enjoy some things in life, like friends, family, hobbies.
And I think I would definitely enjoy life if my brain wasn't so flawed. I think something is wrong with my brain as meds and narcotics don't work on me. Some sort of chemical imbalance. That's cruel but some people are genetically predisposed to depression and combined with environmental factors, it can lead to unexplainable intense suffering. For my part, I was already depressed when I was 10, but it got clearly worse when I experienced SA from 11 to 14. And when I say worse, that's muuuuuch worse. I think that's the main reason why I'm so suicidal. I'm scarred for life.
But some people have grown in a healthy environment and their brain has correctly developed. Of course they should hate working for the sake of making their boss richer (that's all the point of working, read Marx lol). I fully understand why you don't want to be a wageslave. But working has a great advantage: it can help you become a fully integrated member of society. Sure, you can reject it, but most people want to be part of society because that's what gives meaning to their lives. They feel useful. And that combined with having a family and friends, makes their life fully enjoyable.
However, it also depends on what work you do. Shitty jobs for the sake of surviving, i.e. eating and paying the bills and rent aren't as fulfilling. You can work and be very isolated at the same time. I think you can't enjoy life as much in this case.
(I think, though, that you can live a fulfilling live outside of society. Spending time creating art by yourself, for example. But most people need to be among fellow humans.)

Reactions: divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Of course they should hate working for the sake of making their boss richer (that's all the point of working, read Marx lol). I fully understand why you don't want to be a wageslave. But working has a great advantage: it can help you become a fully integrated member of society. Sure, you can reject it, but most people want to be part of society because that's what gives meaning to their lives. They feel useful. And that combined with having a family and friends, makes their life fully enjoyable.
However, it also depends on what work you do. Shitty jobs for the sake of surviving, i.e. eating and paying the bills and rent aren't as fulfilling. You can work and be very isolated at the same time. I think you can't enjoy life as much in this case.
(I think, though, that you can live a fulfilling live outside of society. Spending time creating art by yourself, for example. But most people need to be among fellow humans.)
I don't want to be a "fully integrated member of society." I don't want to participate in society at all. I don't see any reason to. How does being part of society give meaning to people's lives? Why do they like to feel "useful"? I don't care about being "useful" or not. If I'm "useful", society is just using me for its own gain and benefit. I don't like humanity or people in general so I don't care about having a family or friends. I never wanted to have a family anyways

Last edited:
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I don't want to be a "fully integrated member of society." I don't want to participate in society at all. I don't see any reason to. How does being part of society give meaning to their lives? Why do other people like to feel "useful"? I don't care about being "useful" or not. If I'm "useful", society is just using me for its own gain and benefit. I don't like humanity or people in general so I don't care about having friends.
Yeah, that's why I was talking about those people who have grown in a healthy environment and whose brain is not genetically predisposed to depression. I was just trying to put myself in their shoes.

U

uniqueusername18

Apr 7, 2024
Life is damn complicated!

My experience is that I was hit by a runaway train in my early 20's and it's a ride that never ended.

I saw some beautiful sites during the ride, despite the pain! I'm ready to get off the train now.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's hard to know how the majority of people feel. From the 'normies' I have met, I get the sense that most people are struggling to some extent. Quite often it is work related- they're simply exhausted from the time they have to put in to get by. I'd say only a handful I know likely hate it as much as we do though. Most seem to accept life. When they do that, their focus is on trying to make things better for themselves which often leads to the cycle of earning money in order to spend it.

Whether you've said it outright, I suspect your Mum realises to some extent that you blame her for bringing you in to this. I think quite often their arguement is- they had to do this. They accepted having to take on responsibilities and finding work. The majority of people do in fact so- they won't excuse us readily.

I think my parents would be the same as yours. They probably wouldn't have chucked me out- and I'm not sure that your Mum actually will. Saying they want us to leave is different to shoving our stuff out and changing the locks. Still- mine would have given me hell if I hadn't found work.

Do you claim benefits? That's the other route I suppose. If your Asperger's/autism is so severe that you can't work- I imagine you would be eligible for benefits. A friend of mine still lives with their parents. They pushed them to go for job seakers allowance which inevitably lead them to getting a job- because you have to be applying for jobs to receive it in the UK.

It's tricky really because effectively- both of you are claiming that the other is behaving unreasonably. Your Mum possibly comes from a background where people find work and support themselves as a matter of course. She may actually think it would be good for you to be around other people, to have work to focus on. To have your own finances. To know that you will be financially ok when she dies. That is something parents worry about. Seeing as it's what most people do and accept- she likely does think you're being unreasonable.

On the other hand- I do see your point of view and I share it to an extent. I really resent it that we're born onto this and just expected to comply. My Dad seems to think it will comfort me when I complain about work when he says that he had it so much worse. But- it doesn't comfort me at all. It really annoys me! It's like- you'd worked out life had a great deal of shit in it then? So- why did you then inflict that on me?!! Again though, weirdly they seem to think this is something we just have to accept.

If your Mum claims to enjoy life though- it's going to be even harder for her to understand your perspective. Plus, I think people do just pull out the mental illness card when they don't know what else to say. Really though- I suppose you're trying to get her to feel guilty for bringing you in to this and insisting you play by the rules and she obviously doesn't want to feel that. It's probably easier for her to think you are thinking abnormally.
No, I don't claim any benefits. My mom wants me to work instead of claiming benefits because the money from benefits is minimal. Apparently, it's only a few thousand dollars per month. She thinks that being on benefits isn't a full life to live. She also says that if I claim benefits, then I'll be the responsibility of the state and not her responsibility anymore. My Asperger's/autism isn't severe enough that I can't work. I'm "high functioning" autism aka Asperger's aka autism level 1. It's just that I don't want to. I don't see any reason to work, and I don't see the value of or merit in it. Why should *I* have to work, struggle, be exhausted or take on responsibility? Why would I *want* take on responsibility? It's not fair. I never asked for any of this. I don't want to be burdened by responsibilities, demands or obligations. It wasn't even my choice to be born anyways; it happened against my consent. I didn't ask to be alive
I read some of your messages, somehow I like you lol
Lol thanks I guess?

Last edited:
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Studies seem to indicate that most people at least say they are happy. I'm inclined to believe them too. When my depression isn't bad I find life quite enjoyable in spite of my many gripes. I suppose it makes some sense from an evolutionary perspective that most people feel this way.

IPSOS Global Happiness Survey 2022

• Informative
S

sadman710

Student
Mar 22, 2024
I think people lie to themselves. Sure the younger you are the more mystery there is and small things make greater pleasures. The older you get the more dull and the worse things place is turning, and most people are sheep, and can't tell themselves the hard truth, and believe worthless comforts around them, struggle with mental disorders, but can't understand why they're present. I think that's what seperates some people. The people who are down, anxious, and whatever, addicts... they can't find a reason for their disease, instead of accepting that if they weren't in a living hell and weren't fed a bunch of lies they wouldn't be there.

I went my whole life having a few drinks a month. At the point I gave up hope and considered CTB, I went to chugging a fifth of vodka with 11 grams of kratom on many nights and that was never imaginable to me previously

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
I don't think people live their lives because it's so enjoyable--I think it's because they're super used to dealing with the burden that we call life. When I was younger, I just remember going through my life like a robot. It was just a thing of, "Oh, I have to do this." I can't seem to completely eliminate thoughts of suicide since I started considering it.

• Informative
A

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023
I ask myself this all the time… I think a lot of people don't but they are able to delude themselves into thinking they do, probably because it's so painful to acknowledge that how depressing life truly is. I was this way for a while. The human mind is great at convincing yourself of whatever makes you feel sane. Feigning a made up god to make life have some sort of meaning is the epitome of this.
People say that all the time. How many narcotics and how many glasses of whatever or visits to porn sites or gambling sites did it take to be happy? Life is just too cheap to find happiness. Happiness is moments. The moment my children were born, moments where I tricked myself into believing I was loved. But that happiness is snatched back quick when the truth is laid bare. I'm sorry your mom called you a cancer. I took my first overdose the day before my 16th birthday and on my 16th I woke up, I was living with a family as their nanny to pay my rent and get through highschool. I was in the basement. No one even knocked on my door. I woke up 24 hours later and immediately started to cry. I couldn't believe it didn't work. My dad came by and picked me up. He took me on a tour of his life. His work his church and his home. Then he told me I was a massive burden to him, that I was a thorn in his side, that he wished I hadn't been born or would die(ironic). I remember that day so clearly. When a parent rejects you so completely there's a stain on your life. For years I tried to scrub it off but person after person came into my life and reflected the same message. I'm poison. I'm an embarrassment. How can I be breathing in and out, walking upright, have a name and an address and still be nothing? The people I see every day aren't nothing. My children aren't nothing. It isn't me misinterpreting the world. The world doesn't want me. Do I believe in happiness? I believe that there are those that find it. I'm in a career field where I see happiness, even joy, all the time. Out there, just out of reach. It's real it's just not for me. Not in this life. You know that Billie eilish song from Barbie? "Think I forgot how to be happy/ something I'm not/ but something I can be. / something I wait for/ something I'm made for."
Well, I've been waiting for a longlong time and I don't think that's what I was made for. I think my dad was right, I'm a terrible accident.