C

Core

Oct 27, 2019
Hi all,

I have a shotgun and 00 buckshot shells ready for the roof of my mouth (or spine, still not 100%). The plan is to drive to a remote location where nobody can hear the gunshot. However, I don't want to waste resources as family/friends will inevitably look for me. Calling 911 before ctb'ing might mean they'd triangulate the call and potentially "save" me in the event that I misfire. This is the last thing I'd want to happen. Don't plan on living much longer, let alone as a vegetable. Suggestions?

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
What3ver you do, don't go for a "spine" shot. I'm not really understanding the post. You are saying leaving a letter in a place not impossible to discover but not out in the open with your exact location pre-scouted with gps coordinates or a google earth image and directions would not accomplish what you are looking for?

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Calling 911 before ctb'ing might mean they'd triangulate the call a
After driving to a remote location why would you call anyone who would then find you?

They are going to look for you regardless. Not sure why you are worried about that.

C

Core

Oct 27, 2019
After driving to a remote location why would you call anyone who would then find you?

They are going to look for you regardless. Not sure why you are worried about that.
I don't want it to be dragged out after I'm dead, giving people a false sense of hope if it's hard to find me. I'll probably print my location and drop it somewhere (not a police station) so that my body may be found without leaving everyone worrying too much.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
To be honest if you call the police to let them know where you are, do you really think they will get to you by the time you pull a trigger. Unless police in your area can teleport, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Reactions: Huntfish34
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
They'll find you no problem if you have a cellphone. Won't take much effort.

C

Core

Oct 27, 2019
To be honest if you call the police to let them know where you are, do you really think they will get to you by the time you pull a trigger. Unless police in your area can teleport, I'm not sure what the issue is.
On the off chance that my face is blown off and I'm still alive somehow I'd rather just bleed out
They'll find you no problem if you have a cellphone. Won't take much effort.
Even if my carrier doesn't have coverage in that area?

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I've been wondering about this myself. I think I've picked my location and I have a plan to get there. Except, I may not want to be alone. I may want to be on SS or to be texting someone. The last time I went away though it was to a hotel room and they pinged my location, so my family found me before I could do anything. I don't want to be discovered before the SN solution has done its job. I think the only way is to ensure this is to not have my phone with me... but then I lose out on some much desired "company" during those final moments.

D

Disk

Feb 14, 2020
How about a suicide note with location in a delayed email to friends/family? They can then call 911 with that information.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Take out the SIM card and use the hotel's wifi only?
I intended to keep in airplane mode, but I wanted to send one last text message to a friend. Won't do that again.