• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
I just wanted to share a heartwarming experience that I had in case it helps make anyone else's day (or night) a bit brighter.

When I was in the mental hospital I met a trans boy who was severely depressed and had severe PTSD. Our rooms were next to each other, and we quickly became friends. One day I made him laugh very hard over something I said or did. That night I heard him singing softly in the shower. The next day he came to me and told me he hadn't sung in the shower for three months, because there was no point to life anymore. He said I was the reason he was singing- I made him happy. From that night until he left we sang duets in the showers at a mental hospital, and I made him smile.

Maybe that was a pointless story to share, but I just wanted someone else besides me to know that. And I thought it was very sweet that he finally saw a reason to live and maybe I had something to do with that❤️

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I just wanted to share a heartwarming experience that I had in case it helps make anyone else's day (or night) a bit brighter.

When I was in the mental hospital I met a trans boy who was severely depressed and had severe PTSD. Our rooms were next to each other, and we quickly became friends. One day I made him laugh very hard over something I said or did. That night I heard him singing softly in the shower. The next day he came to me and told me he hadn't sung in the shower for three months, because there was no point to life anymore. He said I was the reason he was singing- I made him happy. From that night until he left we sang duets in the showers at a mental hospital, and I made him smile.

Maybe that was a pointless story to share, but I just wanted someone else besides me to know that. And I thought it was very sweet that he finally saw a reason to live and maybe I had something to do with that❤
That's so sweet made me tear up :)

• Love
Reactions: DepressedAngel
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Maybe that was a pointless story to share, but I just wanted someone else besides me to know that.

That's not pointless at all. You eased someone's mental suffering. Maybe this will turn out to be a turning point for this person. Heck, you may hypothetically have saved this person's life. That's the very opposite of pointless.

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
That's not pointless at all. You eased someone's mental suffering. Maybe this will turn out to be a turning point for this person. Heck, you may hypothetically have saved this person's life. That's the very opposite of pointless.
Thank you, @Sensei. I hope I helped him, but I'm honestly not sure.

Reactions: Sensei
purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
That's wonderful, I think you shared a part of yourself that was genuine, and you did something good in the world even if it might've seemed insignificant at the time.

In addition to that, a few years ago I learned about how singing can help the nervous system relax, music itself and especially dancing can do wonders neurologically and in my humble opinion, even spiritually...

if you connect with someone genuinely, and it's authentic on both sides, it's beautiful. Moments like that are actually timeless.

No matter what you do, or s/he does, you created a moment of beauty, in the most unlikely place.

:heart:

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
That's wonderful, I think you shared a part of yourself that was genuine, and you did something good in the world even if it might've seemed insignificant at the time.

In addition to that, a few years ago I learned about how singing can help the nervous system relax, music itself and especially
dancing can do wonders neurologically and in my humble opinion, even spiritually...

if you connect with someone genuinely, and it's authentic on both sides, it's beautiful. Moments like that are actually timeless.

No matter what you do, or s/he does, you created a moment of beauty, in the most unlikely place.

:heart:
I agree that music can help you spiritually, or touches you spiritually somehow. And yes, I love that even though we were both in a dark place, we managed to create beauty. I remember also singing with other friends in the hospital because everyone missed having music, and how surprised everyone was that we could be singing when we were there for such dark reasons.

Reactions: Sensei
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
That warms my heart, and makes me smile. You touched and impacted someone's life in such a way and I think that is beautiful as well as amazing. Even in our darkest moments, we can still provide love and warmth to others. And until the very end I want to provide people with warmth and love as well.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. :heart: