• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I just finished exercising, showering, and washing my hair. I feel fresh but my mind is still busy with my family. As I went to see my dad he told me he was reading my brothers book for school to help him. My brother passes off the work to my dad and my dad just gives in. My dad asked how I felt and I told him "I'm fine, but I just feel bad that you are doing the work for him". My dad acknowledged it, but stilll continued to read.

It's on my father to want to make a change. All I can do as his daughter is say how I feel but I will not control what he does. The results will be reflect on my brother and it would be my dad's responsibility to deal with it. Not mine.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It is very health to be able to recognize such boundaries. Your heart may be pained by what you see may be down the road, but people who feel that they need to control others often end frustrated and angry.

One on the sidelines can still make suggestions. For example, you might ask your father what he could do to shift from 100% of the work for your brother to 95%. In a way, this might open the door to considering ways to approximate an objective if it can't be achieved directly.

T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
Why you think you should help your family? Why you think you should worry about them? You should act like most of human beings, evil and selfish. Marry you may be very stressful. If one day your husband been laid off and never can find a job. What you are going to do?

• Love
Reactions: The end !
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
Why you think you should help your family? Why you think you should worry about them? You should act like most of human beings, evil and selfish. Marry you may be very stressful. If one day your husband been laid off and never can find a job. What you are going to do?

have you heard of phrase for better or worse?

T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
I just want to tell her, be more selfish maybe helpful. Everyone posted or replied a thread just a way we release our emotions. Join SS is not lucky and misfortune because we don't know where are our future. Don't so naive, you think you can solve her problem. Some people said he/she doesn't have future, want money, hope his/her ex come back or healthy without mental issues. In reality, we can't do anything. Just can said we can feel your pain and we understand. Hopefully everyone in the end can find good luck.

• Love
Reactions: The end !