• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thoughout my life, I've oftenly been told to never give up and just keep going. It gets better and there is hope. Yes it is one of those cliche platitudes, but what is really bothersome is how pro-lifers keep chanting that as if it is some golden rule, golden command or shit like that. First off, we as human beings have limits, emotions, different pain tolerance levels, different levels of patience and willpower. This world is also finite in resources as well as our human limitations.

It really fucking pisses me off that people spew that shit, especially when they are trying to talk someone down from suicide that it's worth it to keep trying to keep going. Can't those dumbasses see their logical flaw? Do they not understand boundaries, drawing the line, limits, cuts off, deadlines, and thresholds? They seem to "get it" when it comes to things like investment, businesses, other things in life, but holy shit when it comes to choosing to live or die, logic goes out the window and irrational reasoning kicks in. What the fuck? How about reasonable expectations and probability? I guess they don't have those either...

Take for example someone who is gold mining in the 19th century during the gold rush in California. Some people keep going until they die, some people get lucky and are glad they persisted for x amount of time and what not. However, the people who didn't get shit gave up and decided it wasn't worth it. They are the people who have rationally, carefully calculated that their time and efforts to mine that "gold" wasn't worth it and decided to quit while they still can. The lottery is another good example of this, there is a very, very small chance of winning and any rational person would see that it is not worth it to keep going until they go broke, homeless, spiral into poverty.

Finally, the burden of proof is on them, as they have no evidence to prove that things get better, or whether things are worth it. What is worth it to one person may not be worth it to another. Who the hell are they to dictate that? Goddamn it, I fucking hate people who impose their sense of superior morality and will upon others' and deciding what's best for another person. They have no concrete evidence that it is worth it nor do they live in the shoes of that person. One more thing is that they are hypocritical as they want human rights and civil rights, but what about the right to die? Oh wait pro-lifers just want to pretend it's not there and even goes as far to intellectual dishonesty to get their point across. The fucking lot of scum they are.

I know perhaps I'm not the first one to share these sentiments, but maybe others here also see the same flawed logic that pro-lifers use.

Last edited:
WaitingForTheBus

WaitingForTheBus

Student
Oct 27, 2018
Reality is though that most of the population are if fact genuinely caring and compassionate to their fellow human beings. They actually do care that you may want to ctb and try to convince you otherwise. It's just human nature to want to help.

I fully understand your position and agree that if you,I or anyone wants to go, then that should be entirely up to that person. I also see the other side though and why they would want to intervene. Could you imagine a society where no one gave a fuck about each other.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
Reality is though that most of the population are if fact genuinely caring and compassionate to their fellow human beings. They actually do care that you may want to ctb and try to convince you otherwise. It's just human nature to want to help.

I fully understand your position and agree that if you,I or anyone wants to go, then that should be entirely up to that person. I also see the other side though and why they would want to intervene. Could you imagine a society where no one gave a fuck about each other.
Yes the society I live in now. Most people may want to help but that help they offer only goes so far until they leave you on your own to deal with your own mess.

WaitingForTheBus

WaitingForTheBus

Student
Oct 27, 2018
Yes the society I live in now. Most people may want to help but that help they offer only goes so far until they leave you on your own to deal with your own mess.
True I suppose but that can also depend on the response they get when trying to help. Someone willing to help themselves will receive far greater support in my opinion. Or maybe the task was far greater than the person was expecting and found it easier to just move onto someone easier.

Anyway, society has changed so much since I was a kid. People in the whole street knew and watched out for each other back then. I wouldn't even know my neighbors now. Slowly but surely, we are seeing a change already.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
True I suppose but that can also depend on the response they get when trying to help. Someone willing to help themselves will receive far greater support in my opinion. Or maybe the task was far greater than the person was expecting and found it easier to just move onto someone easier.

Anyway, society has changed so much since I was a kid. People in the whole street knew and watched out for each other back then. I wouldn't even know my neighbors now. Slowly but surely, we are seeing a change already.
Well you're lucky you atleast experienced the sanctity of human compassion. However for me all I've seen is that most people are out for themselves which I understand and am guilty of too. I just wish we weren't cramped into cities dealing with an individualistic society and it seems counterproductive.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
That's just it. I've been in my current state for 6 months and no real improvement. I can sleep again and stopped binge drinking, but other than that it all stays the same. My parents and therapist keep celebrating my "progress" which isn't real as far as I can see.

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Those platitudes are very offensive to my sensibilities. How can there be hope when death is the result anyway and life is a negative imposition. "It Gets Better"...Is that the exception or the rule? How dare people assume shit like that.

"Never give up"...who do people think they are barking orders like this! I'll give up when I damn well please.

VincentValentine

VincentValentine

Student
Sep 27, 2018
I hate the lies that people tell you just to try to convince you to keep on living through the suffering. And you're right. No one knows whether your life is going to get better or not. It's like they just make up some positive bullshit just to get you to cheer up.

A

Artear

Oct 3, 2018
I find it strange that people use hope as a motivating factor to suicidal people. They somehow fail to understand that hope can be an incredibly cruel thing. When you keep hoping and just keep getting let down it hurts you far more than it would if you had no expectations.

bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018

c1583039c9e689c5dc6cb13e494981c9.gif

Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Lol. Some people do care.

My first reaction to seeing someone (in very close proximity) sad or upset is to want to offer comfort. It's because I feel bad about them feeling bad and I dislike feeling bad. However, I'm not (always) reacting this way consciously. It's a reflex.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Donna
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Lol. Some people do care.

My first reaction to seeing someone (in very close proximity) sad or upset is to want to offer comfort. It's because I feel bad about them feeling bad and I dislike feeling bad. However, I'm not (always) reacting this way consciously. It's a reflex.
OK maybe. I have met a few good people. But I think the general population is pretty corrupt.

Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
OK maybe. I have met a few good people. But I think the general population is pretty corrupt.

Do you think corruption is just a part of human nature?

I can't think of a better, less used comparison, but kinda on par with the lion that eats the gazelle. She isn't corrupt, she's just being a lion.

Now, If corrupt is synonymous with self servicing, I agree.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Donna
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
Do you think corruption is just a part of human nature?

I can't think of a better, less used comparison, but kinda on par with the lion that eats the gazelle. She isn't corrupt, she's just being a lion.

Now, If corrupt is synonymous with self servicing, I agree.
I don't think corruption is the same as being self serving. Corruption is doing almost anything for a temporary or long term gain with no morality boundaries. You can be self serving and still have morals boundaries and limit yourself to how far you will.

For example harvey dent from batman was turned corrupt by the joker to prove a point to batman that everyone deep down is corrupt that they just need a push to get there.

Batman or captain America are good examples of being self serving but not corrupt. No matter how much evil they come across or persuasion they still won't go against their code.

E

EpidemicOfDenial

Oct 24, 2018
Thoughout my life, I've oftenly been told to never give up and just keep going. It gets better and there is hope. Yes it is one of those cliche platitudes, but what is really bothersome is how pro-lifers keep chanting that as if it is some golden rule, golden command or shit like that. First off, we as human beings have limits, emotions, different pain tolerance levels, different levels of patience and willpower. This world is also finite in resources as well as our human limitations.

It really fucking pisses me off that people spew that shit, especially when they are trying to talk someone down from suicide that it's worth it to keep trying to keep going. Can't those dumbasses see their logical flaw? Do they not understand boundaries, drawing the line, limits, cuts off, deadlines, and thresholds? They seem to "get it" when it comes to things like investment, businesses, other things in life, but holy shit when it comes to choosing to live or die, logic goes out the window and irrational reasoning kicks in. What the fuck? How about reasonable expectations and probability? I guess they don't have those either...

Take for example someone who is gold mining in the 19th century during the gold rush in California. Some people keep going until they die, some people get lucky and are glad they persisted for x amount of time and what not. However, the people who didn't get shit gave up and decided it wasn't worth it. They are the people who have rationally, carefully calculated that their time and efforts to mine that "gold" wasn't worth it and decided to quit while they still can. The lottery is another good example of this, there is a very, very small chance of winning and any rational person would see that it is not worth it to keep going until they go broke, homeless, spiral into poverty.

Finally, the burden of proof is on them, as they have no evidence to prove that things get better, or whether things are worth it. What is worth it to one person may not be worth it to another. Who the hell are they to dictate that? Goddamn it, I fucking hate people who impose their sense of superior morality and will upon others' and deciding what's best for another person. They have no concrete evidence that it is worth it nor do they live in the shoes of that person. One more thing is that they are hypocritical as they want human rights and civil rights, but what about the right to die? Oh wait pro-lifers just want to pretend it's not there and even goes as far to intellectual dishonesty to get their point across. The fucking lot of scum they are.

I know perhaps I'm not the first one to share these sentiments, but maybe others here also see the same flawed logic that pro-lifers use.

One of the greatest form of evidence suggesting a lie is vague claims. When will it get better? How will it get better?