• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

The_Flying_Fox

The_Flying_Fox

Jan 9, 2022
The PPH recommends to eat something light, an hour or so before drinking the N. They claim it reduces the risk of vomiting.

However, my Dutch guide on CTB (which has a good reputation) doesn't recommend this. It doesn't advise against it; it simply doesn't mention it. The same goes for the guidelines of the Dutch Centre of Expertise on Euthanasia. They don't mention this either.

Is there anybody who knows what's best to do? Somebody with a medical background, perhaps? Maybe eating something before drinking the N doesn't do any harm, but my Dutch sources (and maybe also the PPH itself) claim that the N is absorbed more quickly if the stomach is empty. So maybe it's better to eat nothing at all before drinking the N?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
I can only tell what the VAD associations in Switzerland do. They don´t eat before they drink the N. Appr. 1 hour before they take an antiemetic. After they drunk the N they eat a cookie or a small piece of chocolate because of the bad taste.

I would not eat anything before. Allow the body to metabolize only the N instead of having to process food as well. And why do you think you are not allowed to eat before a surgery ? The risk of vomiting and choking increases when the stomach is not empty. There may also be interactions between some food ingredients and medications.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dead Meat and The_Flying_Fox
G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
Its not SN where u need purity and enough gr to kill u. However SN is difficult alot of manufacturer mixed them with salt for fear it kills someone .
If your N is real deal , you should fall asleep within 20s and thirsty just dont drink. If u dont fall in 20s then your N has issues.

The_Flying_Fox

The_Flying_Fox

Jan 9, 2022
I can only tell what the VAD associations in Switzerland do. They don´t eat before they drink the N. Appr. 1 hour before they take an antiemetic. After they drunk the N they eat a cookie or a small piece of chocolate because of the bad taste.

I would not eat anything before. Allow the body to metabolize only the N instead of having to process food as well. And why do you think you are not allowed to eat before a surgery ? The risk of vomiting and choking increases when the stomach is not empty. There may also be interactions between some food ingredients and medications.
Thanks for your very informative reply!

Reactions: befree