nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
My dentist will extract my teeth next week with a local anesthetic and sedate me with Intravenous midazolam (a benzo). I was thinking of getting Nurofen Plus here (which is codeine). If I take 400mg of codeine combined with 50mg of zolpidem tartate (Ambien), will I achieve respiratory depression?

If that doesn't work, I was thinking after getting out of the surgery, I will force a needle into my dry socket(s) along with taking a blade and cutting open my cheek. Anesthesia won't have worn off and it will be relatively painless if I reach a nerve.

Will this work?

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
My guess is You will clearly "appear" under the influence and they probly wouldn't proceed.

Reactions: Fragile, Saed, autumnal and 2 others
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
If that doesn't work, I was thinking after getting out of the surgery, I will force a needle into my dry socket(s) along with taking a blade and cutting open my cheek. Anesthesia won't have worn off and it will be relatively painless if I reach a nerve.

Will this work?

That part sounds like a recipe for horrific facial scaring,and nerve damage isn't a good thing.
I lost all feeling in my left ear and lower left side of my face from severing a nerve in my neck during an attempt. Scars like Frankenstein,too.
Point being,you're more likely to mutilate yourself than die.

• Hugs
Reactions: speck, woxihuanni, GrassFields and 3 others
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
This is stupid. A needle in a dry socket? Um what's that going to do (other than make you wish you were dead when the local wears off)? This Entire plan seems devoid of logic, so I'll skip the detailed explanation and just hit the high points of why the pharmacology won't work: codeine conversion ceiling, benzo ceiling, flumazenil, naloxone, and oxygen.

there...saved myself some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: glitterproof, charlottewilts, Saed and 2 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
My dentist will extract my teeth next week with a local anesthetic and sedate me with Intravenous midazolam (a benzo). I was thinking of getting Nurofen Plus here (which is codeine). If I take 400mg of codeine combined with 50mg of zolpidem tartate (Ambien), will I achieve respiratory depression?

Will this work?

As well as the other reasons given why this is a ridiculous idea, you are also attempting in an environment where the close proximity of medical professionals and equipment means you would be very likely to be saved, even if the method were viable in the first place.

Additionally, it's not very fair on your dentist to engineer a situation where you would die in their chair and they would feel responsible and their actions around the death be investigated.

• Love
Reactions: peacefulhorizons, Brink, Saed and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Reactions: InsecureLlama, Brink and GrassFields
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed