• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Preamble

I wanted to write something similar to Stan's guide to SN but I hesitate to call this a guide because I can't in good conscience make a guide for something so unreliable in terms of access, lethality, and risk of permanent injury. I.e., traumatic brain injury from hypoxia. SN is a far more reliable and lower-risk alternative in this regard.

Indeed, the PPH strongly recommends against opioids for these reasons.

However, many will still seek to ctb using opioids due to reasons of accessibility, their notoriety for taking lives in the current overdose epidemic, and/or their well-known status as euphoriants and painkillers. The PPH does not go into details about how to ctb with opioids and overlooks different routes of administration and available drug checking services that can inform people on what is in their drugs.

The major benefit of opioids is that if successfully performed, death will be guaranteed to be peaceful, and perhaps even enjoyable for some. At face-value opioids would seem like an attractive method for this reason alone. But, I encourage spending some time forming an unbiased/neutral assessment of both the risks and benefits of this method, before making a decision.

The goal of this thread is twofold:
  1. Help some to reconsider this method due to its poor reliability and risks of permanent injury/disability.
  2. Provide information to improve reliability and minimize risk for permanent injury/disability for those who choose this method anyways.
    1. **Even following the methods in this thread, opioid poisoning remains very unreliable due to variability in personal tolerance and uncontrollable factors related to drug quality.

Introduction

This thread is dedicated to compiling and discussing information on the method of opioid poisoning. Please feel free to comment with any additional information or recommended edits/criticisms to this post.

What are Opioids?

Opioids are analgesic (pain-relieving) drugs that, in high enough doses, result in death via respiratory depression. Examples include morphine, heroin, fentanyl, oxycodone (AKA Percocet or Oxycontin), hydrocodone, hydromorphone (AKA Dilaudid), codeine (AKA T3s), tramadol, and many others.

Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Nearly guaranteed to be peaceful, if successful
  • Accessible for people with pre-existing sources/dealers
  • Non-violent
  • Can easily be portrayed as "accidental", especially if one already uses drugs
Cons
  • Low to moderate reliability
  • Risk of permanent damage; traumatic injury, organ failure, etc.
  • Non-accessible for people without pre-existing sources/dealers or access to dark net
  • Reduced reliability for people with tolerance to opioids (e.g., from pre-existing opioid use)
  • Unpredictable: significant variance in effects from person to person (genetic/etc.-related tolerance & sensitivity)

How Do Opioids Work to Induce Death? What Does it Feel Like?

Opioid drugs bind to the opioid receptors in the brain which are the brain's primary pain-killing receptors. At high enough doses, this causes the nervous system to become depressed to a point where the brain stops sending signals to the lungs to breathe. This results in hypoxic death from lack of oxygenated blood to the brain and body. By the time of fatal respiratory depression, the person's brain will have been flooded with pain-killing signals and will also be completely unconscious (likened to a state of general anaesthesia); they will not experience any suffering.

Prior to losing consciousness, opioids can cause feelings of contentment, relaxation, euphoria, a warm and pleasurable feeling in the body, and has generally been described as being cozied up in a blanket beside a fire. Many people experience a cold flush and/or nausea and vomiting, especially their first time using opioids. Vomiting is not an issue for the effectiveness of ctb if the opioids were not consumed orally, but may be uncomfortable for some. Notably, the pleasurable opioid effects often make people indifferent to nausea. In some cases, intravenous injection may result in such rapid onset of effects that blackout occurs almost immediately, bypassing the pleasurable effects.

Which Opioids are Considered Best For CTB?

In short, heroin or fentanyl are ideal.

Stronger opioids such as heroin, fentanyl, or oxycodone are generally preferable as other types of opioids require much larger doses and thus have higher risk of failure. For example, heroin is about 10x as strong as morphine.

Pharmaceutical-grade opioids might be considered preferable by some given that their dosages are accurately labelled and they are not potentially contaminated or sold as different drugs entirely like with illegal markets. However, many pharmaceutical opioids also contain high concentrations of anti-inflammatory drugs such as paracetamol, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen (e.g., Percocet) that are likely to cause significant stomach pain and damage organs in the doses required to ctb. They also often contain fillers (e.g., Oxycontin) that make them unsuitable for injection or other routes of administration. Eating these medications is also not recommended as it is very likely to fail due to vomiting and oral bioavailability is low.

I highly recommend against using weak opioids like codeine, tramadol, or hydromorphone (dilaudid) as they are far too weak to reliably ctb.

I also recommend against research chemical opioids as too little is known about them to reliably ctb and the risk for pain, adverse effects, etc. is high.

Where Can I Get Opioids?

As mentioned above, some people get them by prescription, but most people will opt for heroin or fentanyl which are rarely prescribed. Illicit opioids can be found by contacting a dealer on the street or sourcing them via the dark net. See: How to Access Dark Net Markets for Ctb Resources or download tor browser and look up the Dark Net Market Buyer's Bible which you can find a .onion link for on the https://tor.taxi/ directory (.onion links in this directory can only be accessed using the tor browser).

Street drugs may be more accessible for some, but tend to be much more contaminated with other drugs and have significant variability in concentrations. Fentanyl, for example, tends to vary from around 5-25% concentration in a given sample. It is often cut with caffeine, benzodiazepines, cocaine, heroin, paint thinners, even concrete, and a range of other drugs. This webpage shows data on common cuts and buffs in the opioid supply, demonstrating how unreliable quality sourcing is off the street.

Dark net markets tend to have higher quality drugs due to their review system which adds some (but far from perfect) level of accountability. The gold star method would involve sourcing from a vendor with a long track record of positive reviews combined with utilizing drug-checking services (see below). China white #4 heroin is advisable.

The Importance of Checking Your Drugs

Because the drug supply on the street and dark net markets are heavily contaminated and inconsistently dosed, it is important to get your drugs checked using harm reduction services such as Energy Control (EU; possibly worldwide) or Get Your Drugs Tested (Canada) to determine approximate concentrations, to confirm the presence of your expected opioid, and to rule out the presence of other drugs. Some jurisdictions have local services where you can get your drugs checked legally, anonymously, and confidentially in-person.

*Energy Control has confirmatory chromatography testing meaning they can tell you more precise information without the limitations below. They should be able to tell you the exact concentration. Try to figure out if the service you use utilizes confirmatory/chromatography testing or an FTIR machine.

*Important: The FTIR spectroscopy technology used by Get Your Drugs Tested and many similar organizations has some limitations:
  1. It can only detect concentrations within a margin of error that is around 10%. I.e., Results will usually say, for example "between 40-50% heroin". Some organizations prefer not to share concentrations unless explicitly asked.
  2. It can only detect the presence of drugs that are above 5% concentration within the sample. There could be multiple other drugs present in a given sample below the 5% detection limit.
  3. The "chocolate chip cookie effect": it can only detect what is in the portion of the sample you send them; just like in a cookie if you break off a chunk, there may or may not be chocolate chips in the chunk. Some drugs tend to clump together and won't be present in the "chunk" you send for testing. Grinding your sample to ensure it is a homogeneous mixture before mailing a portion may reduce this risk.
Fentanyl test strips can also be accessed online and via many pharmacies. However, they will only detect the presence of fentanyl and provide no information on concentrations. Plenty of fentanyl samples are massively under-dosed so fentanyl test strips alone are insufficient.

The Method

Now that you have sourced your opioid of choice, determined its relative concentration and ruled out the presence of other drugs, you need to ensure the right amount enters your body the right way.

Dose

A lethal dose of heroin for a person without any tolerance is technically 30mg. For fentanyl, it is considered 3mg. However, it is unlikely your sample will be 100% pure or even close to it. These doses are also on the lower end of the spectrum and will only be lethal in a proportion of people. A more conservative/reliable aim is at least 150mg for heroin and 15mg for fentanyl.

You will need to do some math based on the relative concentrations provided by the drug checking services you accessed previously. If you have a gram (1,000mg) of powder with a concentration/purity of 10-20% fentanyl, this means there is between 100-200mg of fentanyl in the gram of powder.

Here's an example of the math for a 500mg sample that has a concentration of 30-40% heroin:

500mg x 0.3 (30%) = 150
500mg x 0.4 (40%) = 200

Therefore, 500mg of 30-40% heroin will contain between 150-200mg of heroin. It is recommended to dose conservatively to ensure that the lower end of the range includes the lethal dose.

If you have any tolerance to opioids, this will also reduce the method's reliability further as you will have to do some guesswork to increase your dose accordingly. Erring on the side of caution by taking a larger dose will improve reliability.

Regarding Polydrug Poisoning & Potentiation

Some may wish to combine their opioid with other depressants which can potentiate the effects of opioids, making them more lethal. This is not necessary if you have a large enough dose of opioids but doesn't hurt to improve reliability or if the dose of opioids itself is too small to ctb on its own. The drugs below potentiate the effects of opioids meaning each individual drug has its own effect, but there is an additional effect due to the interaction between these drugs (almost like a 3rd effect on top of the individual effects of the 2 drugs). Potentiation will make the opioid more lethal by causing respitatory failure with a lower dose.

*Important: Although potentiating small doses of opioids with depressants will increase its reliability, it is still very unreliable compared to just using a high dose of opioids. Ideally one would use a sufficiently large dose of opioids in the first place and the addition of sedatives will only be included as a fail-safe.

Potentiating drugs that can be included are below:

- Benzodiazepines (e.g., Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), etizolam, Ativan (lorazepam), Valium (diazepam), etc. Benzodiazepines are drugs that reduce anxiety and cause sedation and relaxation. The combination has become increasingly associated with overdose deaths as dealers are cutting the fentanyl supply with benzodiazepines to make them feel stronger. The current supply of fentanyl in Canada witnesses around half of samples containing benzodiazepines. Check your drugs with the services above so you know whether yours contains benzodiazepines.

- Alcohol

- Z-drugs such as zolpidem (ambien) or zopiclone. Z-drugs are commonly prescribed for insomnia/as sleeping pills.

Route of administration (ROA)

The two ideal ROAs are intravenous injection and rectal administration. Other options are less ideal for the reasons described below.

Injections are preferable for anyone who has experience using needles or those willing to learn. Just make sure you draw visible blood into the syringe before pushing the plunger down, and don't hit an artery. Use sterile needles. 30-31 gauge syringes are provided no-questions-asked at most pharmacies or can be obtained online. More detailed instructions on preparing your shot can be found with a quick google search. I recommend following all harm reduction protocols (except "start low, go slow - for obvious reasons) such as sanitary procedure, in case of ctb failure or abort. I know the risk may seem trivial, but you don't want to fail ctb only to be hospitalized and in pain due to a serious blood infection.

Rectal administration is the second most effective method as it has high bioavailability and is suitable for those who wish to skip the stress (or potential phobia) of needles. All you need is a small oral syringe, some water, and some lube for your bum hole. It is marginally less reliable as absorption will be slightly slower. This guide is great for detailing how to do it.

*Note: regarding the homophobia/stigma of men penetrating their butts with a syringe, it does make you gay. That's the best part! Jokes aside, straight men all over the world insert things in their butts to consume drugs (recreational, suppositories, to die), and sexual pleasure. There would be a lot less of us on this forum if not for homophobia… Show your support for us queer folk by dying with heroin up your arse <3

Oral administration is not suitable as it has a low bioavailability and vomiting is incredibly likely. Anti-emetics can be used, but this ROA is still inadvisable due to slow absorption/poor bioavailability. Snorting is also not recommended as absorption can be slow and is effected by the amount of powder in your nostrils; the more powder, the slower the absorption. It is also less bioavailable than injection or rectal administration.

Regarding Naloxone/Suicide Reversal

I feel compelled to advise people on how naloxone works in case anyone should want it by their side. Although most of us aim to ctb without potential for hesitation or reversal, cases where people will consume their lethal dose by whatever means and regret it or contact help are not out of the question.

Should you wish to have a means of reversal (up until the point where you cannot move your body or notify others for help; this will occur very quickly in most cases), naloxone is an effective reversal agent. Naloxone kits usually come with 3 vials and 3 syringes. You may wish to prepare the naloxone by drawing it into the syringes in advance in case you change your mind last minute. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind.

*Injection use of opioids will provide less/potentially no opportunity for reversal as the onset is so quick one may blackout immediately. Rectal administration will take place in approximately 5 minutes after adminstration.

You should dose yourself with at least 2 or more doses as you will have taken a dose that is likely considerably larger than what most people overdose on. If comfortable, contact emergency services after dosing the naloxone as it has a short half-life and when it wears off the opioid effects can cause you to collapse and die later on. If you aren't comfortable contacting emergency services, consider getting 2 or more naloxone kits so you can dose yourself repeatedly until certain the opioid effects have worn off.

Naloxone works by kicking the opioid off your brain's opioid receptor. You can access naloxone kits legally and confidentially at most local pharmacies. It is relatively intuitive to use and will not harm you in any way; it has virtually no interactions with other drugs. You will feel sober afterwards and that is about it.

Final words

I figured I would write this post while I wait my SN to be delivered. I hope this post serves as a way of giving back to this community for what it has provided for me. Thank you to those operating this site, the mods, and contributing members. I'll stick around for a bit to edit this post as needed.

Thanks to @zel for inspiring me to write this.

With love in finding peace in living or dying,
Rhizo :heart:

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
So many people have died from opioids in the U.S. we can't even get them at all from any doctors where I live.
Doctors here have been convicted of being drug dealers in some cases who wrote a lot of prescriptions for them where people died. Very puzzling to me to read they are unreliable.

I've had 5 mg oxycodone and still have some left from a few years ago. I never felt anything from them although I know that's very weak. Using alcohol with them might help I'm guessing.

Last edited:
S

silence ends

Jan 10, 2023
Research chem opioids good choice? Maybe even fairly easy to obtain trough internet.

A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
What would be the difference in effect between street fentanyl tablets and medical grade injectable vials?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Research chem opioids good choice? Maybe even fairly easy to obtain trough internet.
Research chemicals have too little research data to use in confidence I'd say. Little is known about the toxicity needed to ctb, doses, pharmacodynamics & pharmacokinetics to reliably ctb.

A research chemical could have very low efficacy (e.g., codeine) due to a combination of factors (low lipid solubility/absorption, high rate of metabolism, low binding affinity at opioid subreceptors), or it could have very high efficacy like fentanyl or heroin. Individual variance in tolerance or response to the drug is also unknown.

Other factors like binding affinity for non-opioid receptors, toxicity to non-vital organs, or effects on other biological systems will be unknown, meaning death could be slow, painful, or involve various complications.

I wouldn't recommend research chemicals given the substantial number of unknown factors. Accessibility is the *only* benefit for those who have a clear-net source.
What would be the difference in effect between street fentanyl tablets and medical grade injectable vials?
The difference depends on what is contained in the street fentanyl. I can't really say because street fentanyl varies so dramatically, with some samples even containing no fentanyl whatsoever or containing completely different psychoactive drugs (probably less than 5% or so of the so-called "fentanyl" supply, but it still shows how inconsistent it is). Street fentanyl is not regulated and thus could be any combination of drugs with any effects.

This is why getting your drugs checked and doing the math based on the concentration provided by drug-checking services is important; to ensure you consume the same approximate quantity of fentanyl.

Two drugs commonly included in street fentanyl are caffeine and ascorbic acid (vitamin C) because they can help with dissolving and injecting the drug. They shouldn't have a profound impact. Things like erythritol, mannitol, or inositol are inert sugars that are safe and won't have any effect. However, the more of these "buffs" present, the less opioid will be present concentration-wise, which also signals the need to check your drugs.

1 mg of street fentanyl = 1mg of medical fentanyl. It's all the other stuff in street fentanyl that varies substantially that will make the difference in terms of ctb efficacy, adverse effects, drug interactions, etc.

Last edited:
C

chronicpain123

Nov 7, 2023
So many people have died from opioids in the U.S. we can't even get them at all from any doctors where I live.
Doctors here have been convicted of being drug dealers in some cases who wrote a lot of prescriptions for them where people died. Very puzzling to me to read they are unreliable.

I've had 5 mg oxycodone and still have some left from a few years ago. I never felt anything from them although I know that's very weak. Using alcohol with them might help I'm guessing.

From my experience w oxy you usually need about 10mgs to feel the nice effect of it. Just be careful cause some ppl will vomit if theyre not used to them but thats still a perfectly safe dose though. But yea the label on my boxes always says beware with alcohol aswell so im guessing it makes the effect stronger idk

Reactions: Meditation guide
F

forthelasttime

Nov 8, 2023
Would intranasal be an effective ROA for a high dose of fentanyl? It would not be my first time snorting a white powder. With an extremely high dose of fentanyl, at what point does bioavailability stop being a factor?

Reactions: finishLana
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I have 10 mg oxycontin, the delayed release kind and what an awful feeling that was, I only took one and would never take a lot of those. The 5 mg ones are immediate release.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Would intranasal be an effective ROA for a high dose of fentanyl? It would not be my first time snorting a white powder. With an extremely high dose of fentanyl, at what point does bioavailability stop being a factor?
The issue with intranasal is that the more powder you insufflate, the slower the absorption will be because of a few factors:
1. powder "clogging" up the nose
2. powder drying up the mucous membranes (moisture facilitates absorption)
3. irritation to the sinuses causing inflammation which can "push" the powder away from the mucous membranes

The other issue that corresponds to point #3 is that depending on how one snorts the power (snorting "hard" vs. "soft", with a straw/without, etc.) will affect where the drug is deposited in the nose. The mucous membranes are a specific distance from the nostrils and depositing it too far up will lead it to drip down the throat, which is not only unpleasant but will further reduce the bioavailability and absorption speed as it will now be consumed orally. Likewise, depositing too close to the nostril openings will have essentially no effect as it won't get absorbed.

In small doses it can be reliable for achieving psychoative effects (the "high"), but in larger doses - especially those needed to ctb - the reduced bioavailabiltiy compared to injection or rectal use combined with the variable/exponentially reduced absorption (based on the factors above) make snorting less than ideal.

It's not impossible, but I don't recommend snorting as it will further reduce the reliability within an already unreliable method.

M

monk-in-hell

Oct 23, 2023
For fentanyl or -zene opioids, how many hours do you think is safe before you can no longer be saved?
It would be terrible to be narcaned too early to survive and late enough to have brain damage.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
For fentanyl or -zene opioids, how many hours do you think is safe before you can no longer be saved?
It would be terrible to be narcaned too early to survive and late enough to have brain damage.
I'm not sure what -zene opioids are. Are you confusing opioids with benzodiazepines? They are two very different drugs.

I think the time before death is likely to vary by the amount of opioids consumed and individual factors. Some people may be more sensitive or resistant to the respiratory depressive effects vs. others at the same dose. Speaking theoretically, a small dose or slow absorption could depress breathing to a point of slow interspersed breaths where there is insufficient oxygen to avoid damage but sufficient to sustain life. The "size" of the dosage window for this to occur may vary by person. If this were to happen my guess is a person could die very slowly, or simply recover with brain damage. This is why it is important to dose conservatively and taking a dose well above the minimum lethal amount or lethal median dose (LD50; the dose at which 50% of people will die)

I'm not a doctor though and don't know the precise relationship between opioid effects on breathing. I'm entirely making an educated guess.

A larger dose that is absorbed more quickly is more likely to completely depress breathing in which case most people can only survive a few minutes without oxygen. There are plenty of people who get revived by naloxone well after the time it would usually take to suffocate under other conditions indicating it probably varies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7732170/ this literature review doesn't provide more concrete data but does say that death occurred quickly for most overdoses.

My best guess is it will vary by the person's tolerance to opioids, individual response to the opioid's respiratory depressing effects, the dose of opioids taken, purity of opioids, the half life of the opioid drug in question, and many other factors. It could take minutes or it could take hours.

Checking your drugs, dosing accordingly, and being mindful about personal tolerances to opioids may help improve reliability but unfortunately there are a lot of unpredictable possibilities with this method.

A high enough dosage taken via injection or rectally while in a location where one will not be found or resuscitated will almost certainly result in death.

The question is whether the dose is high enough for the person and whether they know the purity of their drug(s).

Thankfully because IV and rectal ROAs don't carry the risk of failure from vomiting associated with larger doses, one can always take a larger dose to improve (but probably not ensure) the reliability of this method.

Last edited:
Reactions: ropearoundatree
D

diesoon

Jul 11, 2023
What is the exact method do you use to ctb with SN? Do you think it will be a painless and peaceful death? I wanted to commit suicide with opioid analgesics, but after I read your post I'm not sure it's a reliable method. Do you have any idea where can I buy strong fentanyl or heroin or SN?

OnlyGodKnows

OnlyGodKnows

Streets M.D 💊⚕️
Nov 27, 2023
Not pleasant lads, NOT pleasant.. coming from a few attempts and been narcan'd loads of times so please, reconsider doing this..

Reactions: Goku Black
M

monk-in-hell

Oct 23, 2023
I'm not sure what -zene opioids are. Are you confusing opioids with benzodiazepines? They are two very different drugs.

I think the time before death is likely to vary by the amount of opioids consumed. Speaking theoretically, a small dose or slow absorption could depress breathing to a point of slow interspersed breaths where there is insufficient oxygen to avoid damage but sufficient to sustain life. The "size" of the dosage window for this to occur may vary by person. If this were to happen my guess is a person could die very slowly, or simply recover with brain damage.

I'm not a doctor though and don't know the precise relationship between opioid effects on breathing. I'm entirely making an educated guess.

A larger dose that is absorbed more quickly is more likely to completely depress breathing in which case most people can only survive a few minutes without oxygen. There are plenty of people who get revived by naloxone well after the time it would usually take to suffocate under other conditions indicating it probably varies.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7732170/ this literature review doesn't provide more concrete data but does say that death occurred quickly for most overdoses.

My best guess is it will vary by the person's tolerance to opioids, individual response to the opioid's respiratory depressing effects, the dose of opioids taken, purity of opioids, the half life of the opioid drug in question, and many other factors. It could take minutes or it could take hours.

Checking your drugs, dosing accordingly, and being mindful about personal tolerances to opioids may help improve reliability but unfortunately there are a lot of unpredictable possibilities with this method.

A high enough dosage taken via injection or rectally while in a location where one will not be found or resuscitated will almost certainly result in death.

The question is whether the dose is high enough for the person and whether they know the purity of their drug(s).

Thankfully because IV and rectal ROAs don't carry the risk of failure from vomiting associated with larger doses, one can always take a larger dose to improve (but probably not ensure) the reliability of this method.
I was thinking about benzimidazole (RC) opioids.

BTW, I know it doesn't make much of a difference, but isn't it likely that a toxicology report will show huge amounts of opioids in the persons system and death will be ruled as intentional overdose instead of accidental? Nobody shoots up a gram of heroin without any tolerance.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I was thinking about benzimidazole (RC) opioids.

BTW, I know it doesn't make much of a difference, but isn't it likely that a toxicology report will show huge amounts of opioids in the persons system and death will be ruled as intentional overdose instead of accidental? Nobody shoots up a gram of heroin without any tolerance.
I don't know enough about benzimidazole to say for sure. If there were enough research on it it could perhaps be used. I would personally avoid it but if you can find reliable research you could try it.

Opioids will show up in a toxicology report. It could look unintentional for a few reasons:

- a person could be drug-naive and be unfamiliar with dosage or suspect that the drug is a different drug altogether. One could try to leave behind other subtle "evidence" that they were experimenting with recreational drugs (e.g., some cannabis or baggies of cocaine; whatever fits the bill for the circumstances they want to construct). It's not perfect but it may leave people uncertain at least.

- drugs like fentanyl often contain around 5-25% fentanyl but occasionally samples come around that are 90%+ pure fentanyl. As long as there is none of the physical sample left behind then the toxicology reports won't show the concentration of the fentanyl in the sample, but only how much actually got into one's system. For someone who already uses opioids it would be reasonable to believe they just had a really strong batch (even if they actually just took a significantly larger dose of a weaker batch)

It would probably require some careful planning to make it appear accidental and would leave authorities/family members potentially questioning whether it was intentional or not. Making it appear accidental is probably more effective for people who are already known to use opioids.
What is the exact method do you use to ctb with SN? Do you think it will be a painless and peaceful death? I wanted to commit suicide with opioid analgesics, but after I read your post I'm not sure it's a reliable method. Do you have any idea where can I buy strong fentanyl or heroin or SN?
Stan's Guide to SN covers the SN method and discusses how peaceful/painful it might be. It seems fairly peaceful, with headaches, nausea, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), and some mild sweating or anxiety being the bulk of uncomfortable effects that usually only last around 10-20 minutes before losing consciousness. If curious go ask some questions there :)

For fentanyl or heroin the best bet is to access the dark net (see my OP for resources to access the dark net). As I mentioned, use a drug checking service to verify how much fentanyl/heroin are actually in a sample you purchase.

I would recommend SN over opioids for its reliability alone.
Not pleasant lads, NOT pleasant.. coming from a few attempts and been narcan'd loads of times so please, reconsider doing this..
Can you share what your experience was?

It is usually peaceful for most people but anecdotal stories will help to inform people what they could expect or what to avoid doing

Last edited:
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
@Rhizomorph1 I thought you needed like 2g of heroin since i remember reading a local article many years ago about a guy who got in trouble for helping his sick friend assist suicide he used 2g of heroin they told.

Anyways with only 0.5g how much water would you need to use for that I guess I would need like a 3ml syringe or more? and I bet it will take several cooks to dissolve it all in citrid acid how would you go about that, several cooks or in a bigger deeper spoon maybe because i don´t think i can fit 0.5g plus the citrid acid into those sterile single use cups to cook in

HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
Preamble

I wanted to write something similar to Stan's guide to SN but I hesitate to call this a guide because I can't in good conscience make a guide for something so unreliable in terms of access, lethality, and risk of permanent injury. I.e., traumatic brain injury from hypoxia. SN is a far more reliable and lower-risk alternative in this regard.

However, many will still seek to ctb using opioids due to reasons of accessibility, their notoriety for taking lives in the current overdose epidemic, and/or their well-known status as euphoriants and painkillers. The PPH does not go into details about how to ctb with opioids and overlooks different routes of administration and available drug checking services that can inform people on what is in their drugs.

The major benefit of opioids is that if successfully performed, death will be guaranteed to be peaceful, and perhaps even enjoyable for some. At face-value opioids would seem like an attractive method for this reason alone. But, I encourage spending some time forming an unbiased/neutral assessment of both the risks and benefits of this method, before making a decision.

1. Help some to reconsider this method due to its poor reliability and risks of permanent injury/disability.
  2. Provide information to improve reliability and minimize risk for permanent injury/disability for those who choose this method anyways.
    1. **Even following the methods in this thread, opioid poisoning remains very unreliable due to variability in personal tolerance and uncontrollable factors related to drug quality.

Introduction

This thread is dedicated to compiling and discussing information on the method of opioid poisoning. Please feel free to comment with any additional information or recommended edits/criticisms to this post.

What are opioids?

Opioids are analgesic (pain-relieving) drugs that, in high enough doses, result in death via respiratory depression. Examples include morphine, heroin, fentanyl, oxycodone (AKA Percocet or Oxycontin), hydrocodone, hydromorphone (AKA Dilaudid), codeine (AKA T3s), tramadol, and many others.

Pros and cons

Pros
  • Non-violent
Cons
  • Highly unreliable
  • Non-accessible for people without pre-existing sources/dealers or access to dark net
  • Reduced reliability for people with tolerance to opioids
  • Significant variance in effects from person to person (genetic/etc.-related tolerance & sensitivity)

How do opioids work to induce death? What does it feel like?

Opioid drugs bind to the opioid receptors in the brain which are the brain's primary pain-killing receptors. At high enough doses, this causes the nervous system to become depressed to a point where the brain stops sending signals to the lungs to breathe. This results in hypoxic death from lack of oxygenated blood to the brain and body. By the time of fatal respiratory depression, the person's brain will have been flooded with pain-killing signals and will also be completely unconscious (likened to a state of general anaesthesia); they will not experience any suffering.

Prior to losing consciousness, opioids can cause feelings of contentment, relaxation, euphoria, a warm and pleasurable feeling in the body, and has generally been described as being cozied up in a blanket beside a fire. Many people experience a cold flush and/or nausea and vomiting, especially their first time using opioids. Vomiting is not an issue for the effectiveness of ctb if the opioids were not consumed orally, but may be uncomfortable for some. Notably, the pleasurable opioid effects often make people indifferent to nausea. In some cases, intravenous injection may result in such rapid onset of effects that blackout occurs almost immediately, bypassing the pleasurable effects.

Which opioids are considered best for ctb?

Stronger opioids such as heroin, fentanyl, or oxycodone are generally preferable as other types of opioids require much larger doses and thus have higher risk of failure. For example, heroin is about 10x as strong as morphine.

Pharmaceutical-grade opioids might be considered preferable by some given that their dosages are accurately labelled and they are not potentially contaminated or sold as different drugs entirely like with illegal markets. However, many pharmaceutical opioids also contain high concentrations of anti-inflammatory drugs such as paracetamol, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen (e.g., Percocet) that are likely to cause significant stomach pain and damage organs in the doses required to ctb. They also often contain fillers (e.g., Oxycontin) that make them unsuitable for injection or other routes of administration. Eating these medications is also not recommended as it is very likely to fail due to vomiting and oral bioavailability is low.

I highly recommend against using weak opioids like codeine, tramadol, or hydromorphone (dilaudid) as they are far too weak to reliably ctb.

I also recommend against research chemical opioids as too little is known about them to reliably ctb and the risk for pain, adverse effects, etc. is high.

Where can I get opioids?

As mentioned above, some people get them by prescription, but most people will opt for heroin or fentanyl which are rarely prescribed. Illicit opioids can be found by contacting a dealer on the street or sourcing them via the dark net. See: How to Access Dark Net Markets for Ctb Resources or download tor browser and look up the Dark Net Market Buyer's Bible which you can find a .onion link for on the https://tor.taxi/ directory (.onion links in this directory can only be accessed using the tor browser).

Street drugs may be more accessible for some, but tend to be much more contaminated with other drugs and have significant variability in concentrations. Fentanyl, for example tends to vary from around 5-25% concentration in a given sample. It is often cut with caffeine, benzodiazepines, cocaine, heroin, paint thinners, even concrete, and a range of other drugs. This webpage shows data on common cuts and buffs in the opioid supply, demonstrating how unreliable quality sourcing is off the street.

Dark net markets tend to have higher quality drugs due to their review system which adds some (but far from perfect) level of accountability. The gold star method would involve sourcing from a vendor with a long track record of positive reviews combined with utilizing drug-checking services (see below). China white #4 heroin is advisable.

The importance of checking your drugs

Because the drug supply on the street and dark net markets are heavily contaminated and inconsistently dosed, it is important to get your drugs checked using harm reduction services such as Energy Control (EU; possibly worldwide) or Get Your Drugs Tested (Canada) to determine approximate concentrations, to confirm the presence of your expected opioid, and to rule out the presence of other drugs. Some jurisdictions have local services where you can get your drugs checked legally, anonymously, and confidentially in-person.

*Energy Control has confirmatory chromatography testing meaning they can tell you more precise information without the limitations below. They should be able to tell you the exact concentration. Try to figure out if the service you use utilizes confirmatory/chromatography testing or an FTIR machine.

*Important: The FTIR spectroscopy technology used by Get Your Drugs Tested and many similar organizations has some limitations:
  1. It can only detect concentrations within a margin of error that is around 10%. I.e., Results will usually say, for example "between 40-50% heroin". Some organizations prefer not to share concentrations unless explicitly asked.
  2. It can only detect the presence of drugs that are above 5% concentration within the sample. There could be multiple other drugs present in a given sample below the 5% detection limit.
  3. The "chocolate chip cookie effect": it can only detect what is in the portion of the sample you send them; just like in a cookie if you break off a chunk, there may or may not be chocolate chips in the chunk. Some drugs tend to clump together and won't be present in the "chunk" you send for testing. Grinding your sample to ensure it is a homogeneous mixture before mailing a portion may reduce this risk.
Fentanyl test strips can also be accessed online and via many pharmacies. However, they will only detect the presence of fentanyl and provide no information on concentrations. Plenty of fentanyl samples are massively under-dosed so fentanyl test strips alone are insufficient.

The method

Now that you have sourced your opioid of choice, determined its relative concentration within a 10% margin of error, and ruled out the presence of other drugs, you need to ensure the right amount enters your body the right way.

Dose

A lethal dose of heroin for a person without any tolerance is technically 30mg. For fentanyl, it is considered 3mg. However, it is unlikely your sample will be 100% pure or even close to it. These doses are also on the lower end of the spectrum and will only be lethal in a proportion of people. A more conservative/reliable aim is at least 150mg for heroin and 15mg for fentanyl.

You will need to do some math based on the relative concentrations provided by the drug checking services you accessed previously. If you have a gram (1,000mg) of powder with a concentration/purity of 10-20% fentanyl, this means there is between 100-200mg of fentanyl in the gram of powder.

Here's an example of the math for a 500mg sample that has a concentration of 30-40% heroin:

500mg x 0.3 (30%) = 150
500mg x 0.4 (40%) = 200

Therefore, 500mg of 30-40% heroin will contain between 150-200mg of heroin. It is recommended to dose conservatively to ensure that the lower end of the range includes the lethal dose.

If you have any tolerance to opioids, this will also reduce the method's reliability further as you will have to do some guesswork to increase your dose accordingly. Erring on the side of caution by taking a larger dose will improve reliability.

Regarding polydrug poisoning & potentiation

Some may wish to combine their opioid with other depressants which can potentiate the effects of opioids, making them more lethal. This is not necessary if you have a large enough dose of opioids but doesn't hurt to improve reliability or if the dose of opioids itself is too small to ctb on its own. The drugs below potentiate the effects of opioids meaning each individual drug has its own effect, but there is an additional effect due to the interaction between these drugs (almost like a 3rd effect on top of the individual effects of the 2 drugs). Potentiation will make the opioid more lethal by causing respitatory failure with a lower dose.

*Important: Although potentiating small doses of opioids with depressants will increase its reliability, it is still very unreliable compared to just using a high dose of opioids. Ideally one would use a sufficiently large dose of opioids in the first place and the addition of depressants will only be included as a fail-safe.

- Benzodiazepines (e.g., Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), etizolam, Ativan (lorazepam), Valium (diazepam), etc. Benzodiazepines are drugs that reduce anxiety and cause sedation and relaxation. The combination has become increasingly associated with overdose deaths as dealers are cutting the fentanyl supply with benzodiazepines to make them feel stronger. The current supply of fentanyl in Canada witnesses around half of samples containing benzodiazepines. Check your drugs with the services above so you know whether yours contains benzodiazepines.

- Alcohol

- Z-drugs such as zolpidem (ambien) or zoplicone. Z-drugs are commonly prescribed for insomnia/as sleeping pills.

The two ideal ROAs are intravenous injection and rectal administration. Other options are less ideal for the reasons described below.

Injections are preferable for anyone who has experience using needles or those willing to learn. Just make sure you draw visible blood into the syringe before pushing the plunger down, and don't hit an artery. Use sterile needles. 30-31 gauge syringes are provided no-questions-asked at most pharmacies or can be obtained online. More detailed instructions on preparing your shot can be found with a quick google search. I recommend following all harm reduction protocols (except "start low, go slow - for obvious reasons) such as sanitary procedure, in case of ctb failure or abort. I know the risk may seem trivial, but you don't want to fail ctb only to be hospitalized and in pain due to a serious blood infection.

Rectal administration is the second most effective method as it has high bioavailability and is suitable for those who wish to skip the stress (or potential phobia) of needles. All you need is a small oral syringe, some water, and some lube for your bum hole. It is marginally less reliable as absorption will be slightly slower. This guide is great for detailing how to do it.

*Note: regarding the homophobia/stigma of men penetrating their butts with a syringe, it does make you gay. That's the best part! Jokes aside, straight men all over the world insert things in their butts to consume drugs (recreational, suppositories, to die), and sexual pleasure. There would be a lot less of us on this forum if not for homophobia… Show your support for us queer folk by dying with heroin up your arse <3

Oral administration is not suitable as it has a low bioavailability and vomiting is incredibly likely. Anti-emetics can be used, but this ROA is still inadvisable due to slow absorption/poor bioavailability. Snorting is also not recommended as absorption can be slow and is effected by the amount of powder in your nostrils; the more powder, the slower the absorption. It is also less bioavailable than injection or rectal administration.

Regarding naloxone/suicide reversal

I feel compelled to advise people on how naloxone works in case anyone should want it by their side. Although most of us aim to ctb without potential for hesitation or reversal, cases where people will consume their lethal dose by whatever means and regret it or contact help are not out of the question.

Should you wish to have a means of reversal (up until the point where you cannot move your body or notify others for help), naloxone is an effective reversal agent. Naloxone kits usually come with 3 vials and 3 syringes. You may wish to prepare the naloxone by drawing it into the syringes in advance in case you change your mind last minute. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind.

*Injection use will provide less/potentially no opportunity for reversal as the onset is so quick one may blackout immediately. Rectal administration will take place in approximately 5 minutes after adminstration.

You should dose yourself with at least 2 or more doses as you will have taken a dose that is likely considerably larger than what most people overdose on. If comfortable, contact emergency services after dosing the naloxone as it has a short half-life and when it wears off the opioid effects can cause you to collapse and die later on. If you aren't comfortable contacting emergency services, consider getting 2 or more naloxone kits so you can dose yourself repeatedly until certain the opioid effects have worn off.

Naloxone works by kicking the opioid off your brain's opioid receptor. You can access naloxone kits legally and confidentially at most local pharmacies. It is relatively intuitive to use and will not harm you in any way; it has virtually no interactions with other drugs that I'm aware of. You will feel sober afterwards and that is about it.

Final words

I figured I would write this post while I wait my SN to be delivered. I hope this post serves as a way of giving back to this community for what it has provided for me. Thank you to those operating this site, the mods, and contributing members. I'll stick around for a bit to edit this post as needed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. I wish years of psychiatric torture hadn't caused irreparable brain damage. I could have provided knowledge. I feel useless now. Old tired and useless. U have a kind soul. Please don't depart before letting me know u r ready to CTB. I've become quite fond of u and that heart of gold. I don't know what has brought u here but I am sorry. The world needs more people like you. I will always remember u were kind to me for no other reason than u just were. I haven't had that experience often.

• Love
Reactions: Rhizomorph1
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. I wish years of psychiatric torture hadn't caused irreparable brain damage. I could have provided knowledge. I feel useless now. Old tired and useless. U have a kind soul. Please don't depart before letting me know u r ready to CTB. I've become quite fond of u and that heart of gold. I don't know what has brought u here but I am sorry. The world needs more people like you. I will always remember u were kind to me for no other reason than u just were. I haven't had that experience often.
This comment means the world to me. I mean it; I will die happy just knowing that I've helped to ease the suffering of a few people.

I'm also terribly sorry for what happened to your brain. It's tragic to lose oneself in any capacity to brain illnesses or trauma.

I know from experience how awful it is to have your mind completely warped and destroyed. I can feel my mind starting to slip due to chronic illnesses and trauma.

I know that behind all the cognitive dyfunction you are experiencing, the real you is a brilliant person who gave all you could to the world. I'm fond of you too 😊 you seem like an incredibly sweet person who is simply desperate to stop hurting. You deserve to not be in pain. It's not your fault.

If there is an afterlife I hope to see you there <3

HD72

HD72

Sep 10, 2023
This comment means the world to me. I mean it; I will die happy just knowing that I've helped to ease the suffering of a few people.

I'm also terribly sorry for what happened to your brain. It's tragic to lose oneself in any capacity to brain illnesses or trauma.

I know from experience how awful it is to have your mind completely warped and destroyed. I can feel my mind starting to slip due to chronic illnesses and trauma.

I know that behind all the cognitive dyfunction you are experiencing, the real you is a brilliant person who gave all you could to the world. I'm fond of you too 😊 you seem like an incredibly sweet person who is simply desperate to stop hurting. You deserve to not be in pain. It's not your fault.

If there is an afterlife I hope to see you there <3
Thank you. I'm so afraid. The pain gets worse every damn day and I know they will blame anxiety. I know I'm never going to get out of here. I'm trapped! I'm terrified. It's neverending torture. Thank u for showing me a little bit of kindness in all this. I am sorry u suffer too. Truly. I can't think tonight what I want to say. But I hope u find peace and I get to meet u 1 day.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Thank you. I'm so afraid. The pain gets worse every damn day and I know they will blame anxiety. I know I'm never going to get out of here. I'm trapped! I'm terrified. It's neverending torture. Thank u for showing me a little bit of kindness in all this. I am sorry u suffer too. Truly. I can't think tonight what I want to say. But I hope u find peace and I get to meet u 1 day.
We're in this together. It's the final frontier. Solidarity in dying. I'm with you

Peace is right around the corner for us both. Just hang in there till the bus comes around ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Myexit and HD72
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
I once slightly OD oxycodone by accident, snorted 30mg wo tolerance. Really awful when you feel like you are unable to breath.

HD72

HD72

Sep 10, 2023
We're in this together. It's the final frontier. Solidarity in dying. I'm with you

Peace is right around the corner for us both. Just hang in there till the bus comes around ❤️
There's no peace for me. I have many more years of pain. It never ends. No one helps. I don't want to have to hang myself. I'm afraid.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
There's no peace for me. I have many more years of pain. It never ends. No one helps. I don't want to have to hang myself. I'm afraid.
Reach out anytime if there's any way I can help. I'm happy to provide information, assistance, or companionship <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: HD72
HD72

HD72

Sep 10, 2023
Reach out anytime if there's any way I can help. I'm happy to provide information, assistance, or mentorship <3
I just need to go. I have to go. This pain is making me insane. Oh god I'm so afraid.

yaxleyblue

yaxleyblue

Oct 24, 2023
Preamble

Introduction

What are opioids?

Pros and cons

Pros
  • Non-violent
Cons
  • Highly unreliable
  • Reduced reliability for people with tolerance to opioids
  • Significant variance in effects from person to person (genetic/etc.-related tolerance & sensitivity)

How do opioids work to induce death? What does it feel like?

Which opioids are considered best for ctb?

Where can I get opioids?

Street drugs may be more accessible for some, but tend to be much more contaminated with other drugs and have significant variability in concentrations. Fentanyl, for example tends to vary from around 5-25% concentration in a given sample. It is often cut with caffeine, benzodiazepines, cocaine, heroin, paint thinners, even concrete, and a range of other drugs. This webpage shows data on common cuts and buffs in the opioid supply, demonstrating how unreliable quality sourcing is off the street.

The importance of checking your drugs

The method

Now that you have sourced your opioid of choice, determined its relative concentration within a 10% margin of error, and ruled out the presence of other drugs, you need to ensure the right amount enters your body the right way.

Dose

500mg x 0.3 (30%) = 150
500mg x 0.4 (40%) = 200

Regarding polydrug poisoning & potentiation

*Important: Although potentiating small doses of opioids with depressants will increase its reliability, it is still very unreliable compared to just using a high dose of opioids. Ideally one would use a sufficiently large dose of opioids in the first place and the addition of depressants will only be included as a fail-safe.

- Alcohol

- Z-drugs such as zolpidem (ambien) or zoplicone. Z-drugs are commonly prescribed for insomnia/as sleeping pills.

Regarding naloxone/suicide reversal

Should you wish to have a means of reversal (up until the point where you cannot move your body or notify others for help), naloxone is an effective reversal agent. Naloxone kits usually come with 3 vials and 3 syringes. You may wish to prepare the naloxone by drawing it into the syringes in advance in case you change your mind last minute. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind.

*Injection use will provide less/potentially no opportunity for reversal as the onset is so quick one may blackout immediately. Rectal administration will take place in approximately 5 minutes after adminstration.

Naloxone works by kicking the opioid off your brain's opioid receptor. You can access naloxone kits legally and confidentially at most local pharmacies. It is relatively intuitive to use and will not harm you in any way; it has virtually no interactions with other drugs that I'm aware of. You will feel sober afterwards and that is about it.

Final words

This was an interesting read. Does anyone have any thoughts on how much liquid morphine sulfate (10mg) is needed to successfully ctb orally? I want to minimise the risk of being unsuccessful whilst at the same time make the process as peaceful as possible. I presume combining it with alcohol would also aid this process?

H

hea54

Dec 20, 2023
Well written article used to start this thread, but I think I found a typo. Where it says:
Rectal administration will take place in approximately 5 minutes after adminstration.
I think Rhizomorph1 meant that you may blackout approximately 5 minutes after rectal administration.

What about combining an opioid (specifically codeine, administered rectally) with alcohol (drunken normally)? I expect that the timing matters because it takes time for the alcohol to enter your blood system. I would welcome feedback on this idea.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Well written article used to start this thread, but I think I found a typo. Where it says:

I think Rhizomorph1 meant that you may blackout approximately 5 minutes after rectal administration.

What about combining an opioid (specifically codeine, administered rectally) with alcohol (drunken normally)? I expect that the timing matters because it takes time for the alcohol to enter your blood system. I would welcome feedback on this idea.
You would need a ridiculously high dose of codeine to successfully ctb even taken rectally.

The combined codeine and alcohol in your bloodstream will result in the majority of alcohol being vomited and thus not crossing the blood brain barrier. The nauseating effects of the opioid may even result in vomiting before any noteworthy amount of alcohol is absorbed.

It probably won't hurt if the codeine is what you're trying to use to ctb, but if you're already consuming drugs rectally, why not take the alcohol rectally too so you don't lose any upon vomiting?

I would not recommend using codeine or alcohol as even strong opioids (e.g., heroin/fent) are pretty unreliable and alcohol is very unreliable too. Codeine is even weaker than heroin/fent.

There are many issues with the suggested method's reliability. I'd bet money on you waking up in hospital with a nasty hangover covered in vomit.

A

Antoine_Roquentin

Dec 17, 2023
@Rhizomorph1 what do you think about @Proper Overdoser's suggestions? He created two threads on drug overdoses and suggested various combinations in two postings, some including opioids (here and here).