• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

A bipolar, depressive mess.
Jul 15, 2018
Posted this on Reddit but no one gave me the time of day... I know you guys are better people.

As retaliation against the world I suddenly decided not to scan a couple of small items at the self-checkout at Target. After almost two years of personal disasters and tragedies, such as being committed in a psychiatric ward and being diagnosed with a serious mental illness, and having to file for bankruptcy protection as a direct result of said illness, I had enough. I'm doing everything "right" and nothing seems to be improving. I'm in therapy, I take my medication, I even got a job and have been doing relatively well with it. But still, at $19.00 an hour the pay is shit and it feels as if every week I have more bills to pay. Looming over me is the fact that school starts in late August and I have to finish my degree, and I'm fucking terrified that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, turning me into the ultimate professional fuck-up.

To top it all off I got into a fender bender last week and my insurance is likely going to go up, because I rear-ended someone and I'm at fault. I live with my grandparents and they're going to pay for the repairs— about $600. I can't even afford to pay for my own repairs. Hell, I don't even have my own insurance policy. I'm on my grandparents'. What a loser!

In short, I'm a dumb, frustrated 23-year-old who just got home from stealing at Target out of anger. Misplaced anger.

So, what did I steal? Well, I scanned one pack of earplugs (so that I can better tune out my family's incessant banter) and hid the other one behind it ($3.99), and a $0.59 pack of erasers, the kind that pop onto the end of a pencil.
I shoplifted $4.58 worth of crap because I'm mad at myself and at the world.

Now of course I'm having second thoughts and am feeling mildly guilty. Might I get caught? I paid cash, but the checkout machine records video footage.
Even more worrying, I feel as though I'm going to be hit by cosmic/karmic/divine punishment for my deed. Maybe I just had to fucking sabotage myself and my minimal progress over $4.58.

So, how stupid am I? I feel justified but I know that what I did was stupid.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Stupid move. Never go back there again or they might grab you, drag you into a room and call the cops on you even though MURICA is a free country. I doubt they will come after you if you never go back there again because $4.58 is nothing, really. But if you go back there, you will get arrested and go to jail. Then your mugshot will be on google for stealing $4.58 worth of shit for all eternity. People will laugh at you. You'll be seen as that one dude who robbed a store and then left his wallet by accident that contained more money than he robbed from the store. And you will have a criminal record in a country where every criminal is seen as a monster even if your crime was something a 6 year old would do. Next time, you want to steal shit, at least do it where there are no cameras and steal stuff worth a lot more than $4.58, like something worth millions.

Last edited:
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
You should go back, scan the same items, pay for them and leave em there.
It's not worth bad karma, or worse getting caught.

Reactions: Final Escape
Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

Jul 15, 2018
Ignoring Severen's shitty comments, would it be terrible to go back to the customer service desk tomorrow and say I noticed some of the items I bought yesterday weren't on my receipt and that I'd like to pay for them? It's not like I planned this ahead of time, and I actually paid for the most expensive items. I have mental health issues and a lot of frustration that I took out the wrong way.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Ignoring Severen's shitty comments, would it be terrible to go back to the customer service desk tomorrow and say I noticed some of the items I bought yesterday weren't on my receipt and that I'd like to pay for them? It's not like I planned this ahead of time, and I actually paid for the most expensive items. I have mental health issues and a lot of frustration that I took out the wrong way.
Shitty comments. LMAO. All I did was give you good advice, warn you of what will happen so your life doesn't become a lot worse but fuck you. I hope you go back to that store. Because all I did was leave shitty comments, after all. Go back to that Target, seriously. Your mental health issues don't give you a free pass to act like a cunt towards me, by the way. I guess it's true. No good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited:
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I don't mean to belittle your distress and guilt but this made me laugh. When I'm pissed at the world I let my dog poop in the yards of the neighbors I hate most, or kick over trash cans on my nighttime walks. Stupid shit really, but at the time it feels like a fist shake to the world.

I have no advice on what to do though. You could try your receipt plan and at worst they'll ban you from the store. I really doubt they'd have you arrested for $5 unless you have a prior record.

M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
I think that is the best option. Not on receipt i wanna pay for it. Nothing more.
If questioned, blame it on the scanner.

Severen is just telling you how the world works, wouldn't call them shitty comments like that.

Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

Jul 15, 2018
Shitty comments. LMAO. All I did was give you good advice, warn you of what will happen so your life doesn't become a lot worse but fuck you. I hope you go back to the store. Your mental health issues don't give you a free pass to act like a cunt towards me.

I'm sorry you felt insulted. I didn't like your tone and that's why I chose the epithet "shitty."

One of my many issues was facing the American criminal justice system for a charge of vandalism after breaking a window during a fight in my own home. I know how to get back on the mental health track again if I got charged.

Honestly, these two items could have EASILY slipped through anyone's hands, and maybe I can calm my conscience by paying for them tomorrow.

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
This would be a good idea.
Say it was an accident, and you forgot to scan some things.
We all make mistakes, and it's better to clean your conscious. You'll probably sleep better at night if you do.

Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

Jul 15, 2018
Oh you didn't like my tone. I'm sorry, little miss snowflake. This is Sanctioned Suicide. Not a tea party. Grow some thicker skin. You even said so yourself, that it was stupid...

Okay, this is my last acknowledgment toward you: don't do what I did; don't take out your frustration on the wrong target. And pipe down a bit. My skin can be thick with as much of a measure of common courtesy. Can't you do the same?
This would be a good idea.
Say it was an accident, and you forgot to scan some things.
We all make mistakes, and it's better to clean your conscious. You'll probably sleep better at night if you do.

THIS. Thank you!

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Posted this on Reddit but no one gave me the time of day... I know you guys are better people.

As retaliation against the world I suddenly decided not to scan a couple of small items at the self-checkout at Target. After almost two years of personal disasters and tragedies, such as being committed in a psychiatric ward and being diagnosed with a serious mental illness, and having to file for bankruptcy protection as a direct result of said illness, I had enough. I'm doing everything "right" and nothing seems to be improving. I'm in therapy, I take my medication, I even got a job and have been doing relatively well with it. But still, at $19.00 an hour the pay is shit and it feels as if every week I have more bills to pay. Looming over me is the fact that school starts in late August and I have to finish my degree, and I'm fucking terrified that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, turning me into the ultimate professional fuck-up.

To top it all off I got into a fender bender last week and my insurance is likely going to go up, because I rear-ended someone and I'm at fault. I live with my grandparents and they're going to pay for the repairs— about $600. I can't even afford to pay for my own repairs. Hell, I don't even have my own insurance policy. I'm on my grandparents'. What a loser!

In short, I'm a dumb, frustrated 23-year-old who just got home from stealing at Target out of anger. Misplaced anger.

So, what did I steal? Well, I scanned one pack of earplugs (so that I can better tune out my family's incessant banter) and hid the other one behind it ($3.99), and a $0.59 pack of erasers, the kind that pop onto the end of a pencil.

Now of course I'm having second thoughts and am feeling mildly guilty. Might I get caught? I paid cash, but the checkout machine records video footage.
Even more worrying, I feel as though I'm going to be hit by cosmic/karmic/divine punishment for my deed. Maybe I just had to fucking sabotage myself and my minimal progress over $4.58.

Hi Mikulai1995, I used to be a compulsive shoplifter. Not saying this is your issue, but in my lofty experience, if you've left the premises without someone talking to you, you're in the clear. Even after I stopped compulsively shoplifting, I've done this a few times. Please try not to feel so guilty, and chalk it up to a bad day. When I was a kid, I stole some gum from a drug store after my mom refused to buy me some. Weeks after this episode, I was wracked with guilt, and woke my momin the middle of the night to confess. I told her to go back to the drug store and offer them $20, and tell them I'd never come back. Sorry for that little trip down memory lane. It kind of reminds me of the way you're feeling this evening. Thanks for posting. And, I applaud you for recognizing your motivation for shoplifting (i.e., angst/anger). Truth be told, if I hadn't gotten caught -- twice -- I'd probably still be shoplifting. So, you should be happy that you have such a well-developed conscience. Just please don't flog yourself about this. You are not alone tonight.

Sorry I keep responding to your post in bits and pieces. I live with my parents, and I also got into a fender bender a few weeks ago, AND was on their insurance. Just today, the bike I had taken to riding around (also my parents') got stolen. The shame and embarrassment is awful, i know. I applaud you on confronting your financial issues rather than running from them like yours truly. From my perspective, I think you are doing pretty well. You're responsible and focused, but maybe just a little too hard on yourself. You should be commended for your introspection and eloquence.

Last edited:
Mikulal1995

Mikulal1995

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Mikulai1995, I used to be a compulsive shoplifter. Not saying this is your issue, but in my lofty experience, if you've left the premises without someone talking to you, you're in the clear. Even after I stopped compulsively shoplifting, I've done this a few times. Please try not to feel so guilty, and chalk it up to a bad day. When I was a kid, I stole some gum from a drug store after my mom refused to buy me some. Weeks after this episode, I was wracked with guilt, and woke my momin the middle of the night to confess. I told her to go back to the drug store and offer them $20, and tell them I'd never come back. Sorry for that little trip down memory lane. It kind of reminds me of the way you're feeling this evening. Thanks for posting. And, I applaud you for recognizing your motivation for shoplifting (i.e., angst/anger). Truth be told, if I hadn't gotten caught -- twice -- I'd probably still be shoplifting. So, you should be happy that you have such a well-developed conscience. Just please don't flog yourself about this. You are not alone tonight.

Sorry I keep responding to your post in bits and pieces. I live with my parents, and I also got into a fender bender a few weeks ago, AND was on their insurance. Just today, the bike I had taken to riding around (also my parents') got stolen. The shame and embarrassment is awful, i know. I applaud you on confronting your financial issues rather than running from them like yours truly. From my perspective, I think you are doing pretty well. You're responsible and focused, but maybe just a little too hard on yourself. You should be commended for your introspection and eloquence.

Thank you for your kind words. I think they'll allow me to sleep tonight! I'm curious to know what you think about returning tomorrow with my receipt strategy. Seeing as you have experienced this before, is it a good idea to try to pay for them tomorrow? Or would I be walking into the lions' den?

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Thank you for your kind words. I think they'll allow me to sleep tonight! I'm curious to know what you think about returning tomorrow with my receipt strategy. Seeing as you have experienced this before, is it a good idea to try to pay for them tomorrow? Or would I be walking into the lions' den?
I'd say let sleeping dogs lie, and do something fun instead. If you think returning to the store will make you feel better, go for it. Personally, I think the staff will be too beleaguered to offer you the kind of absolution you're seeking. As for the riskiness of the act, I don't think you'll be penalized for trying to pay for stuff.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
lol protest-theft from hatred of the machines is common. It's frequently joked about online and in comedy shows in the UK. People usually protest-steal if the machine bugs them or malfunctions.
People also beat up robot-helpers left unattended. Kids even do it.
Better to steal from or beat up a machine than a person, I guess.

LifeIsNotFun

LifeIsNotFun

Mage
Jun 1, 2019
I wouldn't worry about it. The whole 'system' is designed to steal from us anyway. Majority of these products are manufactured in China, and made cheaply, and poorly. These corporations use the cheapest forms of manufacturing methods, and then inflate the prices to maximize profits. You're just repaying the favour imo.
Just look at how much they tax us from our hard labour, and so on. Don't feel bad about it at all. The 1% is doing a lot worse, like a lot worse.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I wouldn't worry about it. The whole 'system' is designed to steal from us anyway. Majority of these products are manufactured in China, and made cheaply, and poorly. These corporations use the cheapest forms of manufacturing methods, and then inflate the prices to maximize profits. You're just repaying the favour imo.
Just look at how much they tax us from our hard labour, and so on. Don't feel bad about it at all. The 1% is doing a lot worse, like a lot worse.

The OP just took back a small percentage of money that was ripped off from him.

HappyEnding

HappyEnding

Mar 23, 2019
Next time take your anger out in a safer, healthier way because you may not be so lucky next time your shoplift. I suggest you just exercise your anger out until you're exhausted. Throw some air punches, try some pull-ups, do a few burpees, or whatever you choose. Better than the risk of getting caught.

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
Sometimes we do silly things like this for silly reasons but it's ultimately caused by underlying issues, not what seems to be at hand. Honestly I think your idea sounds best. I would just go to the service desk with the items and receipt and apologize, say you didn't realize until you got home, and pay for the items :)

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
FYI, when I was a teen, I was the shoplifting King. I got so good at it, that it was like a game to me. For me, it was like role playing as a ninja/secret agent. Stealing from a store for me was child's play. I knew how to disable every security device with my bare hands etc. I'd learn how to pick up stuff without cameras being able to notice it. I would distract all the people watching me. I'd go shoplifting for fun. I'd also recruit other experts to join me, once in awhile. Because teams work more effectively. It all started because I didn't have $$$ to buy the stuff I wanted in my life. I came from a upper middle class family but my weekly allowance didn't really cover much. But then it turned into an addiction. You get addicted to the danger of being caught, the rush of being victorious and getting away with loot. But one day I was caught by undercover security guards, due to complacency. Then I was handcuffed and the police were called on me. And I was under 18. If I resisted, they could have physically attacked me. I was also banned from the store. And the security guards they hired were so good at their job, they could memorize faces, exactly for years and years. So even after years, whenever I tried to enter the store, they would tell me to fuck off. Some security guards are off duty cops, trying to make some extra money too and these guys are professionals... People think they have all these rights... They don't. Stores have a lot of power when it comes to dealing with thieves even though the workers are just civilians, most of the time. Do I feel ashamed of my past? Not really. Because most of those stores are owned by shitty people anyway and that lifestyle helped me develop skills that I needed to use in the future when I was 18 and accidentally did something foolish, forcing me to use stealth and other tactics to get out of a bad situation. I have skills today, most people do not have because of my past. But my shoplifting days are over because in the end, you are playing Russian roulette with your life for very little rewards... If I was over the 18, my life would be 10000 times worse today and my mugshot would be on the internet forever for people to laugh at... And for potential employers to see...

Last edited:
thishappened

thishappened

Apr 3, 2019
lol I've done this too, returned back to the shop multiple times and nothing happened

Reactions: Final Escape
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
lol I've done this too, returned back to the shop multiple times and nothing happened
Those security guards working there are lucky to have a job where they are expected to do nothing. Easy money. But I doubt most stores are like that.
Nobody is going to come after you for lifting a pair of shitty Chinese-made headphones & a pack of erasers.

Hardcore insecure power hungry security guards and store owners or store managers will come after you if you are in their store, just to feel better about themselves... Once I worked somewhere and a co worker was fired for taking a pen that was a product sold by the store out of the garbage. He was accused of stealing and fired. Over 1 pen, from the garbage... And he only did this because he thought, if it was in the garbage, then it wouldn't be stealing because it's garbage...

Last edited:
Slenderman

Slenderman

Jimmy Smith
Jun 9, 2019
Not if you're white, anyway.
I dunno about y'all but I'm white and used to shoplift a lot when I was a teen, got away for a while then moved to a new city and stopped for a while. I needed some pens and a pencil case though and didn't have the money so I decided to lift them, LP stopped me at the exist and called the police. For 4 pens and a pencil case I didn't even got to walk out with. So I have to disagree with your statement, and with what inconsequential said too, lmao =))

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I dunno about y'all but I'm white and used to shoplift a lot when I was a teen, got away for a while then moved to a new city and stopped for a while. I needed some pens and a pencil case though and didn't have the money so I decided to lift them, LP stopped me at the exist and called the police. For 4 pens and a pencil case I didn't even got to walk out with. So I have to disagree with your statement, and with what inconsequential said too, lmao =))

Man, I must've been really lucky all those years. No sarcasm, must've been some legit-ass luck. I've lifted meds, clothing, food, etc when I had to. So often when I was younger. Haven't done that in 5 years though. Always went back to the stores, and nothing happened.