• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
Would US stores really get pent up over a $5 theft? I know no theft is good theft, but if it's such a small amount I'm sure they're used to (and account for) losses every month anyway.

Good on you for going back and paying though :) we all do things in the heat of the moment which we don't feel great about after, but you've acknowledged and resolved it so good for you x

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Would US stores really get pent up over a $5 theft? I know no theft is good theft, but if it's such a small amount I'm sure they're used to (and account for) losses every month anyway.

Good on you for going back and paying though :) we all do things in the heat of the moment which we don't feel great about after, but you've acknowledged and resolved it so good for you x

In Europe, there are laws in many countries that limit the power that stores have over people. But in the USA, stores can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want to do to you if they suspect you of stealing in order to detain you until the police arrives. They can even chase your monkey ass outside of the store and tackle you... Europe & USA = almost two different worlds. And for a lot of people, it's not about the money... It's about showing off their power... Like Cartman in South Park.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaconCheeseburger
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
FYI, when I was a teen, I was the shoplifting King. I got so good at it, that it was like a game to me. For me, it was like role playing as a ninja/secret agent. Stealing from a store for me was child's play. I knew how to disable every security device with my bare hands etc. I'd learn how to pick up stuff without cameras being able to notice it. I would distract all the people watching me. I'd go shoplifting for fun. I'd also recruit other experts to join me, once in awhile. Because teams work more effectively. It all started because I didn't have $$$ to buy the stuff I wanted in my life. I came from a upper middle class family but my weekly allowance didn't really cover much. But then it turned into an addiction. You get addicted to the danger of being caught, the rush of being victorious and getting away with loot. But one day I was caught by undercover security guards, due to complacency. Then I was handcuffed and the police were called on me. And I was under 18. If I resisted, they could have physically attacked me. I was also banned from the store. And the security guards they hired were so good at their job, they could memorize faces, exactly for years and years. So even after years, whenever I tried to enter the store, they would tell me to fuck off. Some security guards are off duty cops, trying to make some extra money too and these guys are professionals... People think they have all these rights... They don't. Stores have a lot of power when it comes to dealing with thieves even though the workers are just civilians, most of the time. Do I feel ashamed of my past? Not really. Because most of those stores are owned by shitty people anyway and that lifestyle helped me develop skills that I needed to use in the future when I was 18 and accidentally did something foolish, forcing me to use stealth and other tactics to get out of a bad situation. I have skills today, most people do not have because of my past. But my shoplifting days are over because in the end, you are playing Russian roulette with your life for very little rewards... If I was over the 18, my life would be 10000 times worse today and my mugshot would be on the internet forever for people to laugh at... And for potential employers to see...
You are such a good story-teller (READ: narrator), Severen! You know what I mean? Your intelligence shines through all your posts & makes all your contributions so interesting!

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
OP returned and paid, problem is solved. No need to get political here... (at least not on this post)!

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've never stolen anything in my life, but if I were OP i'd just forget about it. It wasn't necessary to go back and pay for it. It doesn't make you a better person, it was just to settle a guilt-ridden mind that you've been conditioned to have.

Reactions: Sockeye Salmon
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Head back to the store and tell them you noticed a couple items didn't ring up at the self-checkout and pay for them. They won't care and your conscience will be clear.