• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
it's all life is and it's stupid. i hate it and even if i got a degree and got into something mildly interesting i'd still dread spending the majority of my waking life slaving for wages. i want to go hike all the time and camp in a nice van and take pictures and ski but can't because i don't have the resources and can't afford to miss a single paycheck. and i know so many people will say that you can just do that but no. you can't. because everything costs money. and getting money requires all my time.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I know how you feel. It suck being a 40+ hour a week wageslave. I don't know how many hours you have to work but maybe finding a job with less hours could be better? Less hours = Less money, but honestly my personal mental health is more important. Hugs! :hug::hug::heart:

Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Same here. I have no prospects of getting anywhere adequate, financially. Which means that life will indefinitely be a slog that it is not worth being around for. For a little while, I figured I'd kill myself at 50. But I think 40 might be it instead. It's less than 3 years away.

I'm not particularly sad, I'm just sick of this underwhelming bullshit. I had every opportunity, but I couldn't hack it. Oh well, sucks for me. Not gonna stick around for this garbage just because people will be hurt when I check out.

BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah the whole 9-5, 40+ hours a week work culture is, IMHO, an outdated relic from the 20th century that needs to be properly addressed by society asap. It's destroying people's mental health as it goes against everything you might read on, say, a modern social network about being 'kind to yourself', or how 'we should all look out for each other', etc., while sitting in, say, your stuffy cubicle at work as you stare hopelessly at the screen...

Technology advanced so blatantly all around us so why aren't people more questioning about why work culture hasn't?

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Yeah the whole 9-5, 40+ hours a week work culture is, IMHO, an outdated relic from the 20th century that needs to be properly addressed by society asap. It's destroying people's mental health as it goes against everything you might read on, say, a modern social network about being 'kind to yourself', or how 'we should all look out for each other', etc. Technology advanced so blatantly all around us so why aren't people more questioning about why work culture hasn't?
this i agree with, however i also feel it depends on the person. once i get things straightened out i should be working from about ~5am to ~6pm but ill like it

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah bro, if we wanna live we're bound to be slaves. Depression made me quit my job and now I'm living with my parents and only get my food and a bed.
This sucks but I don't wanna be a slave again so, I'll ctb in some months.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Agree with you completely. I always wanted to be a scientist, now I realize, there are barely any oportunities to do scientific work as most studies are not profitable, universities run on deficit spending even with tons of grants (coupled with rising tuition as well) and equipment is expensive.

So here I am, doing a very hard STEM degree with lots of biochemistry, pharmacology, statistics and other challenging modules, only to be faced with the reality that there are no jobs even if I was able bodied enough to have one.

Automation decreased the amount of labor required in many industries, yet neoliberal governments desperately cling to the idea of a 40 hr work week and the delusion that there are enough jobs for everyone if you pull your bootstraps hard enough, when the true unemployment numbers beg to differ.

The people stuck in part time work at Tesco or Walmart making minimum wage and surviving off benefits don't get counted in those unemployment numbers, when their employers refuse to give the employees full time hours and livable salaries. I would hardly call that employed when those labourers can be dropped off the schedule for 2 weeks at the drop of the hat. The reliability of their work is ephemeral.

Everything is simply too fucking competitive as well. I was lucky to have an internship and some part time work experience, before I dropped out of my prior attempt at a degree, as well as some volunteering experience, but even then that isn't enough if the recruiters are looking for a perfect robot with charisma and a sunny countenance in an applicant pool of 100 perfect machines and several defunct models like myself.

In every work environment I've been in I was always treated like an outcast because of autism. People like to say it's your fault and you need to make an effort to earn the approval of others, but no matter how hard I tried I was regarded with about as much respect as you'd have for a speck of dirt on the floor.

I can't wear makeup, so I put efforts into dressing better, which is so difficult because autism makes me hate a LOT of textures, alongside growing my hair out long so that maybe I would fit in with the other women. I'd pull my chair up when they all gathered at someone's desk to talk, only to be ignored. Sometimes I'd be left alone in a room for hours while my coworkers went into another lab and laughed, joked and goofed off all day.

One of my employers tried punished me by saying that I did not have enough technical expertise on a yearly report. I kept trying to ask questions all the time and learn, but they acted like it was the biggest inconvenience in the world. They want you to fuck off, leave them alone, yet somehow know everything. I am only 21 years old, at the time I was only 18 with barely any technical work experience, what do they expect?

The only autistic people I know who have jobs mastered the art of blending in with normies. So much of work culture is just a massive facade that everyone knows is bullshit, but the status quo remains impenetrable. Like you I cannot stand it. It makes me want to die.

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
I'm probably not going to be popular here...but I actually really like my job even though the pay is low. I like what I do. I worried about money for many years. And paying the bills.
But the reason I want to die has nothing to do with work. Or money.
I lost the person I thought I would spend my life with and nothing else matters.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Absolutely agree, and thus, find "work" that you love. Try and get a job with Department of Forestry, as we call it in the states, since you like hiking; or, work with ski patrol, since you like skiing; or, go into photography. Go down this path, and remember the saying that no one of their death bed ever said, I wish I made more money. There actually is another saying, do what you love and the money will follow.

B

Blurred_Reality

Sep 8, 2020
Agree with this sentiment very much. I don't get working 40 plus hours a week for the majority of the year for a minimum wage dollar paycheck. This thread could be on r/antiwork haha.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
We should be living in a leisure society today.

I never worked for an employer that required more than 24 hours a week to qualify for full health and dental coverage. As employers got greedier and cheaper, I legitimately qualified for full lifetime disability benefits and retired.

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I'm probably not going to be popular here...but I actually really like my job even though the pay is low. I like what I do. I worried about money for many years. And paying the bills.
But the reason I want to die has nothing to do with work. Or money.
I lost the person I thought I would spend my life with and nothing else matters.

I loved motel auditing, but when the pay is so low that one would need to work 200 hours a week for 40 years to be able to earn a living before even contemplating retirement, obviously that is what it is, virtually indentured servitude. Additionally, the job security was zero, since a company can be sold and bought, then all employees would be gone, no matter what.
Absolutely agree, and thus, find "work" that you love. Try and get a job with Department of Forestry, as we call it in the states, since you like hiking; or, work with ski patrol, since you like skiing; or, go into photography. Go down this path, and remember the saying that no one of their death bed ever said, I wish I made more money. There actually is another saying, do what you love and the money will follow.

Mark Twain was quoted as saying the secret of success was to make one's vocation their vacation.

Last edited:
Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
My job is one of the things that keeps me going. I can easily work 12 hours per day and don't mind because I don't have anything else to do. When I lose myself in work (spreadsheets and numbers) my mind has little room for any other thoughts. It is a reprieve from the hours of depression that consume the rest of my time.

I can completely understand why people don't want to work, hate their jobs, can't find work or just are not able to work because of health issues. I wish there was a better solution. I've been reading about participatory economics (parecon) and it makes sense (empowering workers, distributing work equitably, pay is based on personal sacrifice). But, I can't see the U.S. moving away from a capitalistic society any time soon.

O

ovaltinee99

Student
Nov 9, 2020
My job is one of the things that keeps me going. I can easily work 12 hours per day and don't mind because I don't have anything else to do. When I lose myself in work (spreadsheets and numbers) my mind has little room for any other thoughts. It is a reprieve from the hours of depression that consume the rest of my time.

I can completely understand why people don't want to work, hate their jobs, can't find work or just are not able to work because of health issues. I wish there was a better solution. I've been reading about participatory economics (parecon) and it makes sense (empowering workers, distributing work equitably, pay is based on personal sacrifice). But, I can't see the U.S. moving away from a capitalistic society any time soon.

I'm glad your job works for you (pun intended, lol). What do you do if you don't mind sharing? It's fine if you're not comfortable though.

Reactions: SadRat
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think work doesn't have to always be awful. Ideally one should be able to do a job that suits their abilities and their interests best, but this concept has been lost in modern society. In a village I would not be a good hunter for example, but I would be good with taking care of children or making baskets or things like that. In contrast to modern society I could not function healthy or happy working in a grocery store or a clothing department store for example, but I very much enjoyed doing massage therapy and I would like taking care of elderly people or little children.

Is trade school an option? Perhaps there is some kind of specialty job that would be a better fit that would feel better. It is a sad unfortunate reality that in order to live we must make money, and as such must work or we don't live.

R

regular john

Dec 17, 2020
I also want to suicide due to work issues. I am 50 and I have very bad employment history. I am ashamed of that. I am 50 years old and my friends have 30 years of employment history. I have zero. I blew it. I was never good at anything. I had problems at school. I only have high school as far as education. My both parents earned pension. They worked for 30 years both. I couldn't do it somehow and feel like a loser.
I do accounting. it's very easy to lose myself in numbers.
unfortunately you have to be brainy to do accounting

Last edited:
Reactions: SadRat and b&w