• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
it's all life is and it's stupid. i hate it and even if i got a degree and got into something mildly interesting i'd still dread spending the majority of my waking life slaving for wages. i want to go hike all the time and camp in a nice van and take pictures and ski but can't because i don't have the resources and can't afford to miss a single paycheck. and i know so many people will say that you can just do that but no. you can't. because everything costs money. and getting money requires all my time.
I agree with you, work is one of my main reasons for not wanting to exist, I'm simply sick of it and each day takes great amount of suffering to just earn enough to sustain myself

N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
I think work doesn't have to always be awful. Ideally one should be able to do a job that suits their abilities and their interests best, but this concept has been lost in modern society. In a village I would not be a good hunter for example, but I would be good with taking care of children or making baskets or things like that. In contrast to modern society I could not function healthy or happy working in a grocery store or a clothing department store for example, but I very much enjoyed doing massage therapy and I would like taking care of elderly people or little children.

Is trade school an option? Perhaps there is some kind of specialty job that would be a better fit that would feel better. It is a sad unfortunate reality that in order to live we must make money, and as such must work or we don't live.

i actually am planning on trade school but again am not particularly interested in any trade. especially for the typical mediocre wages

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Agree with you completely. I always wanted to be a scientist, now I realize, there are barely any oportunities to do scientific work as most studies are not profitable, universities run on deficit spending even with tons of grants (coupled with rising tuition as well) and equipment is expensive.

So here I am, doing a very hard STEM degree with lots of biochemistry, pharmacology, statistics and other challenging modules, only to be faced with the reality that there are no jobs even if I was able bodied enough to have one.

Automation decreased the amount of labor required in many industries, yet neoliberal governments desperately cling to the idea of a 40 hr work week and the delusion that there are enough jobs for everyone if you pull your bootstraps hard enough, when the true unemployment numbers beg to differ.

The people stuck in part time work at Tesco or Walmart making minimum wage and surviving off benefits don't get counted in those unemployment numbers, when their employers refuse to give the employees full time hours and livable salaries. I would hardly call that employed when those labourers can be dropped off the schedule for 2 weeks at the drop of the hat. The reliability of their work is ephemeral.

Everything is simply too fucking competitive as well. I was lucky to have an internship and some part time work experience, before I dropped out of my prior attempt at a degree, as well as some volunteering experience, but even then that isn't enough if the recruiters are looking for a perfect robot with charisma and a sunny countenance in an applicant pool of 100 perfect machines and several defunct models like myself.

In every work environment I've been in I was always treated like an outcast because of autism. People like to say it's your fault and you need to make an effort to earn the approval of others, but no matter how hard I tried I was regarded with about as much respect as you'd have for a speck of dirt on the floor.

I can't wear makeup, so I put efforts into dressing better, which is so difficult because autism makes me hate a LOT of textures, alongside growing my hair out long so that maybe I would fit in with the other women. I'd pull my chair up when they all gathered at someone's desk to talk, only to be ignored. Sometimes I'd be left alone in a room for hours while my coworkers went into another lab and laughed, joked and goofed off all day.

One of my employers tried punished me by saying that I did not have enough technical expertise on a yearly report. I kept trying to ask questions all the time and learn, but they acted like it was the biggest inconvenience in the world. They want you to fuck off, leave them alone, yet somehow know everything. I am only 21 years old, at the time I was only 18 with barely any technical work experience, what do they expect?

The only autistic people I know who have jobs mastered the art of blending in with normies. So much of work culture is just a massive facade that everyone knows is bullshit, but the status quo remains impenetrable. Like you I cannot stand it. It makes me want to die.
I feel you on everything you've said!

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
What will we do, how will anybody survive, if nobody worked?
If all land on earth wasn't owned by the extremely rich, all people would be allowed to build a small house and grow their own food and spend their time as they wished. By taking the land from people they have stolen our ability to provide for our basic human needs (food & shelter) so they can enslave us to make themselves rich while we can work our entire lives and still never achieve a roof over our head. It is slavery 100% and I have no idea why everyone is pretending not to notice. People much smarter and with a much better education than me are just towing the line like they don't know they are slaves. They must have noticed. :shy:

Imagine if our basic human needs were met and we didn't have to worry about that. Imagine what we could create if we were allowed to actually use our brains for our own purposes. The ideas and the art and the science humans would make if only we were allowed to think for ourselves. The problem is that even the greatest ideas in the world will never come to fruition unless they can make a financial profit for some fat cat.

Last edited: