• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Screenshot 20190927 171921 Reddit this was on reddit. Ya, I know it wasn't meant as harmful but it took everything in me not to tell her to shut the fuck up. I'm literally searching here to find out what you guys wanted to know to make sure I add it into my note and this chick comes and tells me that I'm a victim, that I'm deluded, that I'm this this And that.

Last edited:
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
some parts, i'd agree with the person. we dont wanna leave our loved ones, and we want the pain to end.

however, to say those whom choose the route of committing suicide because of depression and mental illness as a whole aren't "thinking at all" is absolutely stupid. were probably thinking all the time if anything. and thinking A TON is what leads to such decisions like suicide. some people might commit suicide just like that at times. but theres a ton whom actually think about the decision and its impact on others before committing such an act; so to say we or others who have couldn't think for themselves is just another example of those on the outside looking in undervaluing and of course downplaying those whom struggle with suicidal ideations and mental health, all because they think they know since they have EXPERIENCE with suicidal people.

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
some parts, i'd agree with the person. we dont wanna leave our loved ones, and we want the pain to end.

however, to say those whom choose the route of committing suicide because of depression and mental illness as a whole aren't "thinking at all" is absolutely stupid. were probably thinking all the time if anything. and thinking A TON is what leads to such decisions like suicide. some people might commit suicide just like that at times. but theres a ton whom actually think about the decision and its impact on others before committing such an act; so to say we or others who have couldn't think for themselves is just another example of those on the outside looking in undervaluing and of course downplaying those whom struggle with suicidal ideations and mental health, all because they think they know since they have EXPERIENCE with suicidal people.
The wanting the pain to end is obviously true, that's moreso an empty platitude at this point, its really the "all suicidal people are out of their mind crazy" bubble that she or they threw us all into. That's what offends me. That's what made me wanna tell her to shut the hell up.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
The wanting the pain to end is obviously true, that's moreso an empty platitude at this point, its really the "all suicidal people are out of their mind crazy" bubble that she or they threw us all into. That's what offends me. That's what made me wanna tell her to shut the hell up.
Definitely. I thought someone who "had so much experience with suicidal people" would know what to say and what not to say, as well as understand better.

Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
For the most part true, but the "not thinking rationally" part is a poor choice of words to say the least. What they mean by "their mind isn't functioning correctly" is that suicidal people aren't behaving like they're told to.

There's the obvious attempt of telling those formerly close to the deceased that the suicide wasn't their fault so that they (and society) don't have to take an uncomfortable introspective look at their actions and beliefs that contributed to the suicide.

Then they dismiss all the pain, contemplation, and internal conflict the deceased had endured by acting as if it was some embarrasing drunken kiss at a frat party in college, and essentially end their charade by saying "they made bad choices". Because people CHOOSE to kill themselves, so that's their problem and I (all parties involved) don't have to change and should be comforted for MY loss [of comfort].

Compare these two lines from the text notice the shift in tone from sympathetic and understanding to judgemental and angry.

P1: "When I have spoken to people contemplating suicide they are usually in so much pain and despair they're not thinking of anything except stopping it."

Notice the choice of words "they're not thinking of anything" rather than "they can't think of anything". Implying that this "pain and despair" isn't so great that it wouldn't bother them if they were "normal", which goes back to the "only the weak-minded get depressed" mentality.

P4: "... People who leave us during depression or mental illness are not thinking at all. The suicide is a horrible symptom of their mental illness"

They explicitly restate that part they had carefully hinted at earlier, feeling safe enough after reassuring those close to the deceased that their hands are clean. Then claims that this suicide (possibly all) was caused by mental illness, which proponents always claim is either: A.) Genetics, (inferior being) B.) Degenerate lifestyle (made bad choices), or C.) A "bad apple" (wouldn't have happened if it was someone else under same conditions).

They close it by implying suicide is "a cry for help", that he probably wasn't serious and just wanted attention. Suicide is a result, not a symptom. This person was probably unaware of anything they said, just regurgitating the bullshit they heard from psych 101 or online.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon