P

planmd

May 20, 2019
May I ask why most of you chose partial instead of full suspension (short drop)? I know of course that the method is a very personal option, but I am thinking about it as it seems it is more difficult to overcome SI with partial, right? Thus, isn't full hanging more effective? (And more of less equally painful?)

At the beginning I thought that having access to furniture for full was more difficult, but now that I see it can also be done with a door, I just can't see why people partially hang from the knob instead of going full hanging. Just curious. ☺️

I had chosen the exit bag but may be going for hanging finally due to some issues with my tank valve. Hopefully, I will be doing it tomorrow, but I am afraid of doing something wrong or not being understanding the process well. Maybe I should not overthink and it is simpler than I think, but as I see many of you have tried -especially partial- and then aborted or just failed, I am worried now.

Thanks a lot!

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, ExitPlan and Soul
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
my vision was getting blurry and my hearing was fading.

I've had that fading hearing a few times. I've long believed that hearing is the last sense to go as somebody dies, which is why we are encouraged to keep talking to them.
May I ask why most of you chose partial instead of full suspension (short drop)?

Thanks a lot!

Because you can put sufficient pressure on the carotid arteries to pass out whilst still being able to breathe. Full suspension crushes the trachea and will choke you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc, loopdaloop, Vienrose and 5 others
P

planmd

May 20, 2019
Thanks, @Roger ! I didn't know you could continue to breath normally. That's a good point; nevertheless, I think I will do full since I want to get it done on first attempt!

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Thanks, @Roger ! I didn't know you could continue to breath normally. That's a good point; nevertheless, I think I will do full since I want to get it done on first attempt!
I am no expert, so wait for other comments.

Reactions: planmd
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
If I weigh 225 pounds or 101 k, would I be able to hang myself from a doorknob using and extension cord? How long would it take? Would the doorknob break off?

LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
If I weigh 225 pounds or 101 k, would I be able to hang myself from a doorknob using and extension cord? How long would it take? Would the doorknob break off?
You would need to test it by seeing how much weight it takes, like I was pushing down on mine as hard as I could and it didn't budge (which is surprising) but there are many that would break.

Reactions: thundersnail
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
You would need to test it by seeing how much weight it takes, like I was pushing down on mine as hard as I could and it didn't budge (which is surprising) but there are many that would break.

I tried it a few minutes ago. I think it would hold me to get the job done. All I need is a little bit of nerve.

• Hugs
Reactions: LogicalConclusion
mpti

mpti

Feb 19, 2019
I'm trying this with an extension cord, but I don't really know what to do with all the slack rope. If I tie one end to my support and make the noose with the other, that still leaves tons of room for the cord to slide if I put weight on the noose. This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to tie a hitch with just the middle of the cord or something?

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
woah, i tried choking myself with the rope (i have nowhere good to tie it on, my wardrobe hasn't given me good results) but seconds after my entire body suddenly felt really numb. i tried moving my feet around and they felt very slow. my vision was getting blurry and my hearing was fading. that's never happened to me before, not sure i did it. i wonder if i'd have blacked out if i kept going for a few more seconds? i feel frustrated because it's like this is going nowhere.
You should get one of these. It's much more reliable and easy... originally intended for working out with resistance bands but it's perfect for this purpose

S

Shorine

Mar 17, 2019
What are the odds of brain damage from a partial suspension gone wrong? anything in particular to look out for?

Reactions: Orbitc and Tortured_empath
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
What are the odds of brain damage from a partial suspension gone wrong? anything in particular to look out for?
The risk comes from being found or your equipment failing you. If you can eliminate those possibilities, you should be fine.

But should you make a mistake, think about the brain damage like what you'd get from a stroke because that's basically what you're inducing with this method. Just like a stroke, you could be lucky and have little to no lasting damage—or you could be unlucky and end up a vegetable. There are also many shades in between those two extremes.

I don't say that to scare or dissuade you, I just want people to understand the risks. This is my method of choice and I'm going to pull out all the stops to make sure I'm not found or failed by my equipment. It really saddens me when people chance it with family in the home at the time of attempt, or by using sub optimal equipment.

Reactions: Orbitc, IDontWantItAnymore2 and HGL91
S

Shorine

Mar 17, 2019
The risk comes from being found or your equipment failing you. If you can eliminate those possibilities, you should be fine.

But should you make a mistake, think about the brain damage like what you'd get from a stroke because that's basically what you're inducing with this method. Just like a stroke, you could be lucky and have little to no lasting damage—or you could be unlucky and end up a vegetable. There are also many shades in between those two extremes.

I don't say that to scare or dissuade you, I just want people to understand the risks. This is my method of choice and I'm going to pull out all the stops to make sure I'm not found or failed by my equipment. It really saddens me when people chance it with family in the home at the time of attempt, or by using sub optimal equipment.
I see, what would you suggest in terms of an optimal suicide? How exactly would you approach this if you don't mind me asking?

P

planmd

May 20, 2019
What do you think about this rope for FULL hanging? It is a polypropylene one, 12mm diameter. I weight 52kg.
11969 11970

Reactions: Vienrose
S

snack

Mar 28, 2019
I just can't relax... That's my main problem. Yesterday I had a certain mental state and was able to relax. I sat on a chair, started to lean down. The noose tightened. I started to black out, but I didn't finish. Today also tried. But was in a different emotional state and felt only the pain was suffocating. The carotid artery was not periklis. Does anyone have anything like that?

Rivotrial

Rivotrial

Jun 10, 2019
Hey, what do you think about hanging combined with anesthetics like propofol or ketamin ?

First eat some benzos and opioids to kill self preservation and pain .put on the loop , inject ketamin intramusculary or i.v if you know how and you have nothing else to do just wait till the lights go out. The loop will do the rest

S

snack

Mar 28, 2019
Hey, what do you think about hanging combined with anesthetics like propofol or ketamin ?

First eat some benzos and opioids to kill self preservation and pain .put on the loop , inject ketamin intramusculary or i.v if you know how and you have nothing else to do just wait till the lights go out. The loop will do the rest
In my country, none of this is available for sale.

Rivotrial

Rivotrial

Jun 10, 2019
That wasn't my question, dude :p

It's possible for me , I just want to know if it's worth it and safe

W

whyidon'tknow

Human
Jun 9, 2019
What is the word for rope thickness and full suspension? My rope is roughly an inch thick and I cannot get myself to black out from partial.

What is better, a thicker belt or a thinner rope?

Thank you

B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
I've been trying to find the so called sweet spot. Can somebody tell me where it is?

Reactions: whyidon'tknow
C

CelestialSky

May 25, 2019
I've been trying to find the so called sweet spot. Can somebody tell me where it is?

I think it's different for everyone. I found mine by looking up at the ceiling and pushing my neck forward, then feeling where the pulse is strongest either side, and pushing with my three fingers - mine was just above where (if I were a man) the adams apple would be! I had to push relatively hard, but not too much. Trust me, once you hit the spot, you KNOW! Within seconds I felt lightheaded & weak kind of. Hope this helps somehow!

Rivotrial

Rivotrial

Jun 10, 2019
Just tied my first slipknot with a shoelace and while tighten it , the knot goes automatically behind my left ear. Is that what everyone means with "placing the knot behind the left ear ? " . Why is it necessary to write this when it goes by itself ?

+ I had the feeling that the pressure is more on the left side, doesn't that mean that the right spot has not enough pressure and this results in delaying death ?

Reactions: Vienrose and Imgonnahangmyself
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
Hanging.

Where

• bathroom (need to check if it can hold your weight) also mum just got settled in to this house. I hope she doesn't feel like she needs to sell it.
  • Hotel (need to order a pull up bar and a rope. Need to call a taxi to hotel. Book hotel room. Book for like 2 days. Tell cleaners not to come in.)

When

• maybe next month, I don't know. I wanna die before I turn 20 in September. So July August?

Why

• well... you don't have to worry

How

• blood stops going to my brain, my brain dies. I die. I'm at peace.

Reactions: loopdaloop, Vienrose and limone
D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019

From where you can obtain propofol? Are you physician?
If so you don't need to resort to hanging.

Reactions: Amber1974
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
having very shitty luck finding my sweet spot. no matter where i place the rope it just seems to trigger a gag reflex which makes pushing any further impossible, i'm gonna be in for a lot of discomfort if i'm gonna get this right.

Reactions: Vienrose and limone
S

snack

Mar 28, 2019
Ohhh. I tried to hang myself with a carotid artery clamp. As a result, I have a terrible headache and weakness. Now I think I can really finish this. Because of the headache I started experiencing.

I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
Why is everyone so obsessed with finding their sweet spot. Can I not just put a rope around my neck and let my body weight do the rest. It's gonna hurt, you're dying. It's not gonna be painless. So whats the deal with the sweet spots???

Reactions: sadgirl9999, Liveandlearnagain, ExitPlan and 3 others
L

limone

Student
Mar 28, 2019
Why is everyone so obsessed with finding their sweet spot. Can I not just put a rope around my neck and let my body weight do the rest. It's gonna hurt, you're dying. It's not gonna be painless. So whats the deal with the sweet spots???
It will definitely hurt but not too much and only 10-20 seconds

Reactions: Partial-Elf
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
for me it's about getting it to work at all rather than minimizing the pain. my neck is really thick and i have no good places for just letting my body weight take care of things. i've been making little progress as a result, which i'd desperately like to change.

Reactions: thundersnail, planmd and whyidon'tknow
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
It will definitely hurt but not too much and only 10-20 seconds
I don't care about pain anyway, as long as I die. When doing partial, do I kneel down or sit back against the wall?

Reactions: Partial-Elf