B

bruisedmind

May 7, 2019
Just to clarify if you dont know, this is partial hanging; so not full body weight, you're on the ground and weight put on your neck/arteries to cut blood flow off; so find a good spot to hold yourself and most people arent lucky... well alot on this site, including myself, cant seem to die the first time, mostly because we cant pass out. So you need to make sure you find you arteries and once people find those they usually actually try and die. sorry if you already knew some of this, but here anyways.

what area on the neck are you trying? you may have to put ligature in a different spot.
The noose kind of slips above my Adam's apple around my jawline almost

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
The noose kind of slips above my Adam's apple around my jawline almost
have you tried any one area on neck? i couldnt pass out that way personally. Of course ones postion might have to change for lower area of neck like mine. I hung from my door, tied to doorknob and over door; I stand and let go of my weight, pressing against my neck. Not telling you to change to this, but if one wanted to have pressure on lower area they might try that. also never passed out myself but almost did.

F

Freedom21

May 25, 2019
I can't make myself pass out I have a stable bean that holds my weight tried two days ago with both a rope and necktie. Under my jaw and I still ended up putting pressure on my airway making it hard to breathe. Dropped to my knees and also did a trust fall forward didn't work. I would do full if I didn't know what it feels like I tried a while ago and was struggling for 2 or 3 minutes worst pain imaginable before cord I was using broke. I honestly think most people did for not breathing not compress arteries. I don't know what to do. I think my arteries are really deep. I don't think it's biologically possible. I thinking off jumping off a cliff but I would have to travel to get there. Any tips or do you think some people just can't reach them? Help?

M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Just to clarify if you dont know, this is partial hanging; so not full body weight, you're on the ground and weight put on your neck/arteries to cut blood flow off; so find a good spot to hold yourself and most people arent lucky... well alot on this site, including myself, cant seem to die the first time, mostly because we cant pass out. So you need to make sure you find you arteries and once people find those they usually actually try and die. sorry if you already knew some of this, but here anyways.

what area on the neck are you trying? you may have to put ligature in a different spot.
I can't make myself pass out I have a stable bean that holds my weight tried two days ago with both a rope and necktie. Under my jaw and I still ended up putting pressure on my airway making it hard to breathe. Dropped to my knees and also did a trust fall forward didn't work. I would do full if I didn't know what it feels like I tried a while ago and was struggling for 2 or 3 minutes worst pain imaginable before cord I was using broke. I honestly think most people did for not breathing not compress arteries. I don't know what to do. I think my arteries are really deep. I don't think it's biologically possible. I thinking off jumping off a cliff but I would have to travel to get there. Any tips or do you think some people just can't reach them? Help?
Did you try to keep the rope to the back/left or back/right instead of precisely at the back?

Reactions: Vienrose
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Did you try to keep the rope to the back/left or back/right instead of precisely at the back?
Im sorry I dont know what you mean. Do you mean the knot? If so the back,.

M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Im sorry I dont know what you mean. Do you mean the knot? If so the back,.
Yes i meant that. I thought it would make sense to keep it in the center of the back of the neck, but that didn't make me pass out. Someone here said to make it so that it is at the back/right(more to the side then the center/back). It took me more then 20sec, but i did pass out.

Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Yes i meant that. I thought it would make sense to keep it in the center of the back of the neck, but that didn't make me pass out. Someone here said to make it so that it is at the back/right(more to the side then the center/back). It took me more then 20sec, but i did pass out.
Interesting, I havent read that before, did you convulse before passing out?

M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Interesting, I havent read that before, did you convulse before passing out?
I wasn't 'low' enough which led making me shake towards standing up and regaining consciousness.

Reactions: Vienrose and Ivenocare
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
How do you hang yourself against a door or wall, does anyone have any pictures?

Reactions: Pcatfam3
sage

sage

May 27, 2019
tried this method last night, standing on the tips of my toes with noose positioned behind my head to the left side. got close to unconsciousness but dizziness faded despite me not changing positions. does anyone know what i may have done wrong? i dont understand why i regained consciousness.

Reactions: Vienrose and Ivenocare
Ivenocare

Ivenocare

Student
Mar 31, 2019
tried this method last night, standing on the tips of my toes with noose positioned behind my head to the left side. got close to unconsciousness but dizziness faded despite me not changing positions. does anyone know what i may have done wrong? i dont understand why i regained consciousness.
hmmm. have you tried putting pressure on neck then letting go and relaxing? this aparentlly does it for alot, I cant hang anymore personally, due to company. its hard to calculate, as everyone is different.

DownInaHole

DownInaHole

Not so wise
Jan 4, 2019
If I can't begin to pass out while playing the choking game on myself, why would partial suspension work? I can't seem to compress my carotids.

gorganizing

gorganizing

Faults of my own
May 29, 2019
I'm looking into doing partial, but I have some concerns. I have a leather belt, weigh about 50kg/112 lbs, and would likely wedge my belt between the bedroom doorframe and door. Would using a cervical foam collar or something help with the choking feeling/airway blockage when trying to kneel, or would that make it more difficult to compress my carotids? I really want to compress my carotids without obstructing the airway, but every time I test with a sock on the belt, it does not work.

Reactions: Indigo0000
C

CambrianExplosion

Apr 28, 2019
Hi all. I tried doing this 5 minutes ago but really didn't feel anything. I am using a scarf tied to a towel hanger. Am I maybe lacking in pressure?

deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
i've been practicing nooses/slip knots for over a month now. bought two sizes of nylon rope, working up the will to go around the neighborhood searching for other types of rope is pretty hard. i don't feel like i'm progressing at all. i practiced tying it to my wardrobe's hanger rod but i don't know how to actually do it. i've tried a belt-over-door approach aswell which seems to work but it's pretty much useless since my parents are around. i still don't get faint or convulse at all so i think i must be doing something wrong. hell i've considered going out again to look for good drop hanging spots which is also a pretty ridiculous idea. i guess i just want to pretend i'm doing something. lately i just leave the noose around my neck like a fancy necklace and stare at the ceiling.

Reactions: Vienrose, Jumper and Shorine
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
small update: yesterday i managed to get a really tight noose and placed it around my neck, just under the adam's apple i think? and i felt this heavy pulsating that started in my neck and traveled all the way up to my head. it kind of went away when i angled my head downwards. i'm sorry if this is an amateur hour question, but can anyone tell me what that was/what happened to me? it almost feels like progress.

Reactions: Vienrose and Shorine
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
small update: yesterday i managed to get a really tight noose and placed it around my neck, just under the adam's apple i think? and i felt this heavy pulsating that started in my neck and traveled all the way up to my head. it kind of went away when i angled my head downwards. i'm sorry if this is an amateur hour question, but can anyone tell me what that was/what happened to me? it almost feels like progress.
You mean you basically heard your heartbeat, right? If so, this happened because of the turbulent blood flow caused by the compression of the jugular veins or the carotid artery. Your blood basically makes more noise and the ears can be able to detect that. This happened to me as well but I think it's hard to tell if it's a good sign, because you don't know whether these turbulances occur in your jugular veins or your carotid arteries. In your case it's probably a good sign, because you said it travelled up, exactly like the blood in the carotid arteries. I guess this means you compressed your carotid arteries at least a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orbitc, epic1959, Vienrose and 2 others
stillwoozy

stillwoozy

May 28, 2019
I've been "practicing" partial multiple times a week for the past few weeks. It has not been working very well. I've tried multiple ropes/steady strong locations. I can't seem to find that "sweet spot", because I'll lean/bend down in different ways, and I can't seem to get lightheaded. Do I need a thicker piece of material like in the video? I'm just asphyxiating myself it seem?

After a while, I feel like I'm choking and my face gets tingly, which isn't bad. But then I start to see stars, get stabbing headaches, and the nerves in my face/head hurt. At that point, SI must kick in, and I stand up. It's the headache which really gets me. It's not crazy painful, it's just a unique kind of pain I can't seem to relax into. It feels electric. A mild headache always sticks with me for a while after.

A week ago, I actually did attempt full-suspension. There is only one place in my room to attempt, and it ended up ripping out of the wall after I kicked down the chair. The only other place I can attempt full-suspension is outside, but I live in a big city so even at like 2am there are people around who could easily see/save/stop me.

I'm debating on just finding a place to jump if this can't work. Partial would be my method of choice if I just find a way to pass out without a headache lol. So if I ever randomly stop posting, know that I finally compressed carotid my correctly.

Reactions: Orbitc and Vienrose
Melliodrama

Melliodrama

Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys im right back at it again. Failed the last time.

Didnt really know what to do after that and jsut cant remember a few days... For those who can remember, did u had marks on your neck (like i really cant)

Still wanna try it later on, gonna update with pictures if its hanging

stillwoozy

stillwoozy

May 28, 2019
Didnt really know what to do after that and jsut cant remember a few days... For those who can remember, did u had marks on your neck (like i really cant)

When I tried full-suspension, it left really noticeable blood bruises (the kind where vessels break and it's speckled).
Practicing partial leaves my neck red, but only marks a few times. I think it depends on material of the rope.

Melliodrama

Melliodrama

Jan 26, 2019
11698 11699
Well the knot is (whem tight) a bit higher as kneeling for me, so when i put my legs forwad it should be enough its pretty thin looking (mabye a 1,5 cm thick?)

J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
My recommendation, which I can share through experience, is that you should not play around with the rope for longer than 15 minutes and while the neck is compressed by the rope, please do not swallow at all and avoid it.

I made the mistake on both points and the next evening I had a headache for a day. I almost couldn't sleep and it was very disturbing even in the next morning. I also had pain while swallowing for three days and still can't talk properly. Maybe I pinched my vocal chords a bit or something.
I'm afraid I pinched my vocal chords while "practicing" too. First tested it out a year ago and my throat hurt for weeks afterward, and a year later, if I talk too much or too loud I get a sore throat for days and my voice starts getting raspy. I also can't sing like I used to be able to. My voice is weaker and gets strained more easily. I haven't "practiced" for that reason since, even though I want to test it out again since that helps dull my SI.

Samhain616

Samhain616

Jun 1, 2019
I am practicing this again and again. I'm not ready to go for a few days yet and I'm thinking on charcoal method or jumping. I think my SI will kick in if I hang. It's as you feel the pressure build in your head its when I panic even though I know just a few seconds more and I'll be on my way to peace. Why don't I have the balls to do this method it seems so easy!!!!

Reactions: snack
mentionized1

mentionized1

Apr 13, 2019
I'm afraid I pinched my vocal chords while "practicing" too. First tested it out a year ago and my throat hurt for weeks afterward, and a year later, if I talk too much or too loud I get a sore throat for days and my voice starts getting raspy. I also can't sing like I used to be able to. My voice is weaker and gets strained more easily. I haven't "practiced" for that reason since, even though I want to test it out again since that helps dull my SI.
Have you taken any alcohol before "practicing" hanging?

mentionized1

mentionized1

Apr 13, 2019
No, didn't drink any alcohol or take any medications before practicing. I've practiced with a scarf and a bedsheet
Okay, because I have had taken some alcohol before practicing and thought that could be the reason too.

Reactions: justwannadie
S

Stryxmain

Oct 24, 2018
Do you think this beam on my ceiling (which looks like a 2x8) would support 190lbs+ ?
I would drill a 12mm hole near the upper portion and use a 11mm static climbing rope

Attachments

• 1f.png
    1f.png
    108 KB · Views: 145
  • 2f.png
    2f.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
stillwoozy

stillwoozy

May 28, 2019
Do you think this beam on my ceiling (which looks like a 2x8) would support 190lbs+ ?

Possibly? You can set it up, attach a rope, but test it by putting your foot through a noose and jumping/putting all your weight down. That's what I'm going to do when I decide on my new location. I didn't test the first, and it broke.

deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
woah, i tried choking myself with the rope (i have nowhere good to tie it on, my wardrobe hasn't given me good results) but seconds after my entire body suddenly felt really numb. i tried moving my feet around and they felt very slow. my vision was getting blurry and my hearing was fading. that's never happened to me before, not sure i did it. i wonder if i'd have blacked out if i kept going for a few more seconds? i feel frustrated because it's like this is going nowhere.

Reactions: Orbitc and Vienrose