PartyPopCorn

PartyPopCorn

Jul 9, 2020
Almost never cried in my life, to a point I just couldn't until recently.
Lately I accidentally cried after watching some youtube video, and I felt so much better after that I just felt the need to try and force myself to cry again. If you have any media/books that you think will help, please share.

I'm looking for whatever will help me actually cry, not just something sad. Like most people here, I have enough reasons to be sad already.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Circles and Deleted member 19276
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
I used to cry a lot over even the smallest things but now I don't and struggle with any form of feeling other than a strong sense of greif.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Sinai Silence, Circles and 1 other person
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I cry almost every day now, but I had to "grow up" first. I have always been hiding my emotions, and I don't really appreciate people crying over stupid things (stupid as in my opinion). The last 10 years or so, I discovered the benefits of crying (I'm 40ish). I actually feel better afterwards. It's releasing. I rarely cry in public though.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinai Silence and 2 others
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
Update: daily now

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Circles and Deleted member 19276
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
Used to cry a lot since I'm also a highly sensitive person but nowadays even if I want to cry I simply can't. I only cry when something intense happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Deleted member 19276, Circles and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Not oftenly enough. Usually it has to be something that really hits home really hard and sudden to make me cry involuntarily. Over the last decade or so, I've only had maybe three maybe four instances where I actually 'cried' and couldn't hold it together anymore and just caved. There are many more times where I forced myself to let it out, but it won't come about, I just couldn't shed a tear no matter how hard I tried.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Sensei, Deleted member 19276 and 1 other person
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I hate crying so I don't do it a lot. Usually just when I'm reading/watching something that strucks a chord in my heart, and even then it's only tearing up. When I'm feeling down I don't cry, I just act like nothing happened and laugh like usual. I imagine if I didn't hold back I'd be crying pretty often though

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence, Deleted member 19276 and Circles
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
I wish I could...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, Sinai Silence, Circles and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Once a year at most. I haven't really cried my heart out since I had my last, and hopefully only, mixed episode. I guess the pain killed me emotionally. I really wish I could cry again, because I think it would make it much easier to cope.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Sinai Silence, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I used to cry all the time when I was younger. Just for random stuff, usually at school. Around the end of high school I wanted to stop crying so much, so I did. For a couple of years I only cried once every few months. I cry at sad shows and at therapy of course, but I don't think those count since everyone does that.

Lately though I've been very depressed, so I cry about once a day or so.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Sinai Silence
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
Very rarely anymore even when I want to cry all I feel is numbness. The only times I seem to be able to is if I get really drunk (definitely not in front of people) but I hate drinking. Last time was when I watched A Silent Voice and had one too many aquavit and lemonade haha

• Hugs
Reactions: superkai64, Deleted member 19276, Circles and 1 other person
superkai64

superkai64

May 31, 2020
probably once a week when i got a mental breakdown
Night , under blanket , usually listening to some sad stuff.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I haven't been crying for several years, I've ran out of tears.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Skathon and superkai64
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
Probably more than I realize. They come in short bursts and at random.

• Hugs
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
When I was a teenager and running from job to job I would always breakdown under any sort of pressure by crying in the bathroom. This would be pretty often.

Nowadays I only cry during panic attacks or when I feel overwhelmed about something traumatic and can't control it. Usually once a week

• Hugs
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
My self cant cry any more mind you cant fill anything anymore. Just a burnt out shell of a man . Sole died long ago but the body keeps on going .

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Skathon and Meditation guide
LookingOverTheEdge

LookingOverTheEdge

Hello Darkness my old friend
Jul 13, 2020
I don't seem to be able to unless it's on another persons behalf through empathy, and even then it's only a brief thing, a slight watering of the eyes.

When it's for myself, I often wish I could, because maybe it would help me come to terms with feelings or whatever. But as soon as that feeling comes, it's like my body takes a deep breath on autopilot and just swallows it down. I have no idea why or how to break that.

I don't think there's any shame in crying, I think it would be healthier if I could.

• Hugs
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
I feel like crying every day but actually I cry maybe once a month when I see a picture or letter of my ex girlfriend

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles and Lorntroubles
so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
since going on testosterone my eyes have "dried up".

in highschool when depression was really bad I remember being angry that I wasn't able to cry, but after a panic attack and crying for at least 3 hours straight the dry spell was gone.

it's different this time. I just don't feel the need to cry like I used to. by no means is my mental health any better, but it's nice to not burst into tears.

• Hugs
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Yes I cry everyday. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it does not. This world sucks and SO many people, not anyone here, thank everyone here, we are all so much interconnected, are mean, ultra greedy and so narrow minded. So yes sometimes it helps to "clear the air" for me.

• Hugs
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
At one point, everyday. Down to about once or twice a week now. Cried last night. Mostly, I'm just too numb to express anything outwardly.

• Hugs
clearing eyes

clearing eyes

femboy hooters employee of the month
Jul 23, 2019
unfortunately, it's quite easy to make me cry. ever since my most recent trauma, at least. i cry almost every day, even more so if i interact with anyone. i can't handle it when other people raise their voices at me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Ir was several times a day. Now it's down to twice a week or so. I got rid of the pain I was feeling (bulimia is good for that) andnow I'm too focused on My Plan - that helped to squash the emotions and memories.

• Hugs
weird_wannabe

weird_wannabe

Jul 31, 2020
Can't cry at all, it usually happens a few times a year. I'm more of a grumpy person and usually react with frustration. When there's something really stressful I either stuff my anger with food or ruminate about it to death. There are times when I'm deeply sad about something really special to me, like a lost opportunity, not succeeding at something or losing a sense of self. Normally I just shed a pathetic tear or even two, and spend a lot of time grieving about the time I could put into improving myself, but ultimately lost it to procrastination.

• Hugs
U

Und0n

Jun 24, 2020
I'm scared of the numbness that follows.
So almost never cry

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and ocd is bad
S

So-lowgid

Jul 20, 2020
Used to cry everyday, often multiple times a day. The Cure 'boys don't cry' has been an anthem all my life as my dad always said boys don't cry and shouldn't. Yet I did - a lot and couldn't stop it, the more I tried not to cry the more I did. Then I went back on Mirtrazapine and have maybe cried once in 4 months - they were happy tears watching something with my children. Kinda miss crying as socially unacceptable as it is, it really shouldn't be. Being an emotionally sensitive boy/man is tough in this society & world. Hold on.... I'm welling up now lol

• Hugs
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I used to cry so easily when I was younger but now like many others have said here I almost never cry. The only exception is when I'm in intense physical pain (which admittedly can still come easily for me). The last movie I cried to was Avengers Endgame lol

• Hugs
ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I only do it when it gets really bad, probably once a month or so.

The Cure 'boys don't cry' has been an anthem all my life as my dad always said boys don't cry and shouldn't.
It's ok, there's nothing wrong with men crying man. Life is hard and sometimes crying helps.

• Hugs
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
Sometimes I feel like crying, but it's when I'm around people so I repress it and then when I'm alone I can't cry more than a few tears. I can't remember the last time I had a good cathartic ugly cry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Skathon
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Since I started SSRIs I can't seem to cry at all.

• Hugs