• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tikva

Tikva

Love
May 17, 2023
5 . Israel is really a hard on five.

This country is so annoying, the prices are so fucking high, the government is always radical , sick of terror attacks (on both sides obviously), can't even visit my friends in Palestine, was Jewish orthodox and engaged in 17. The culture here is so survivalist and dumb.

But then, you have the people that live here, the young mostly. The people here, are genuinely so good, but it's hard to see with all that trashy behavior to people. Constant stress, racism is very much part of it, I can't even tell people I didn't join the army without them asking me thousands of questions…
I truly think our population is so different that the radical sides will eventually go to war. Last couple of weeks I had to take more shifts for someone who is in the IDF because we have to deal with the rockets here all the time… of course, that's a violence for freedom in my opinion, since this war is so fucked up already.
As someone who grew up in the settlement with crazy right zionist wing neighbors who destroy and take over more land, and edgy Palestinian teenagers who stab for fun - I got used to it. I remember in one terror attack I was in Jerusalem, hiding, and everyone was screaming their lungs out obviously, and the only thought I had through my mind was "come on, dude… it's 6 AM!.."👀

The communities themselves are truly heartwarming. None of us want this war. But some are so blind it's impossible to be here. The culture from the past is beautiful! All the land is very diversified with deserts, snow, and forests. The languages are so complex and beautiful, Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, Ethiopian and even Yiddish in those parts of the country. the art is simply wow!
Wines, music, fashion, literature…
It can be a magical place if we stop killing each other.

I

invokat-140

Mar 9, 2023
Basically, it is a beautiful country where I live. I can do what I want. I can revel in the coastal landscapes, climb the high mountains. Ride my bike all day long, take the train somewhere. I can eat anything I want and I don't have to work.

It's a European country, and I have the right to go to another European country if I don't like it here anymore. A great advantage.

From the social life, that is: from the mentality, how people deal with each other here, from the alimented brutal spheres of this society, I cut myself off some time ago. This allowed me to find out that the reasons why I am unhappy lie far beyond politics and so on. It made me realize how many gates are actually open to me and how great and beautiful life could, should or ought to be. Even if the miserable oppression almost makes you believe the opposite.

• Love
Reactions: Tikva
danishstarlight

danishstarlight

may the stars guide you. (they/he)
May 29, 2023
1/10. I would give a 0/10, if I could.

Russia.

Corruption; stupid people without brains who trust propaganda; religiousness; no right for any-fucking-one, except the oligarchs of course; censorship; medicine and education being in the pit; rudeness in EVERYONE, and that's not an exaggeration, it's our reality – politeness is so, so rare.

clavicals

clavicals

тоска
Jun 4, 2023
5. New Zealand is beautiful but it's also expensive as hell. Ordering anything overseas is going to cost over double plus postage. Cost of living is ridiculously high compared to our wages.

We have the highest ctb rate in the world if that doesn't speak for itself. With the state of the world closing in, it's getting worse.

sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft

sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft

Jun 15, 2023
3-4. Russia
I love my country, I love the nature, the cuisine, the music, the literature, I absolutely love the language. Just the feeling that my motherland invokes in me is insane, so deep with love and fondness, but also sorrow. Russia is so beautiful and poetic, so diverse and interesting
But the state ? It's so bad like. There are SO many wrongs and now a war and more than half the state's population is just purely fascist. So many people are clinically dumb and brainwashed. Censorship is getting worse every day, we get stupid laws, power entitled people can do whatever they want, the government is filled with money obsessed maniacs. Everything the state does is corrupt and just shameful for what's left of Russia's sane population. The state's and its supporters' actions completely disgraced everything that was good about my country in the sane world's eyes. It's not particularly bad living here, I just hate the state of RF so much. I wish my country was free of this damned "disease" … don't think it will ever happen though

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I see nothing likeable about where I exist (UK) but I could never wish to exist anywhere in this hellish reality anyway. I especially despise how this country is so anti-suicide and how assisted suicide isn't legalised.

SickOfYou_-

SickOfYou_-

My heart is a mess-
May 4, 2023
USA from my standpoint I'll give it a 6-7, there is plenty of benefits here, compared to some other countries I'm lucky to be born here instead. The economy, however, is rapidly failing. A lot of the time the poor stay poor and the rich stay rich. Though I still have the chance to make more money if I apply myself to doing so…

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I m from Switzerland. I give it a 4 from my point of view. Assisted suicide, yes, but not for people with mental health problems.
A lot of rich and superficial people, no real help if you come from an abusive family. You basically have no chance to escape your past. No chance for a better life.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
0 - ZERO - OR LESS

Trapped in an 'idyllic' Omelas-twin town + is in fact a known magnet for (my) sadistic 'team of healthcare professionals' who all see themselves as victims.

One of them actually has 'their story' of 'accidentally killing' an unsuspecting patient posted online … (wish it had been me - but instead - a slow painful living death has been inflicted on me).

And yet this particular sadist continues to 'practice' privately - without a medical license in this horrific Omelas-twin town.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
P.S. high social control in Switzerland. Its a tiny country with a lot of people on one spot.
The pressure to fit into the collective mindset here is unbearable to me. Like living among 80 million Zombies. :(
Exactely this! It's taking one's breath away. I m not very surprised it is similar in Germany, though.

Last edited:
Wants-To-End

Wants-To-End

Dec 13, 2022
I am From India - I give " 3 / 10 "
The 3 mark is because There are some other countries which are worst then mine, like North Korea, Eritrea, Afghanistan, and Some other middle eastern & Gulf countries, etc

In My country there were -
  • Huge Performance Pressure
  • Less Freedom
  • High inferiority complex
  • Corruption
  • Inequality
  • Poverty
  • Inhumane treatments for Fellow citizens by Police and Government
  • Dirty & Cheap Politics
  • Mobs can be easily triggered by any lie, Propaganda and Conspiracies
  • Lack of social Trust
  • What else? - if people took survey of world's worst countries, mine will definitely get place within top 50
  • But the most stupidest thing among them is, some People in my country who believing, that they are living in best Country on the Planet, lol (I don't get it, how could some people even thinking like that in between these chaos ? )
I even Hate my Country's Weather, feeling like living in steam cooker for 11 out of 12 months in a year (But that is just my personal Opinion)

The Only thing I like about my country is Culture,
  • Aesthetically Appealing Art Forms-
    • Dresses are damn Beautiful
    • Paintings have it own emotional punch
    • Temples have so complex, beautiful and scientific - Art & Construction Forms (However Middle eastern and Chinese Architectureing is damn Beautiful too, may be more then Indian Architecture itself)
  • Amazing Musical Culture - I am 26 years old, I got Internet access 10 years ago, got a opportunity to explore different music forms in all over the world, But till Today Indian Music is my 1st preference, in-fact my only Preference - It was too vast, diverse and soo full of Life
  • Complex Cultural Philosophy - As-usual, Like any other culture, it have both good and bad Cultural Philosophies , but its complexity makes it quite fascinating -> But however, people gonna pick only bad things from it, so no use of it
  • Countless Diverse Food Cuisines - It is not only tasty, the Most unique and fascinating thing about it is, 90% of them are pure vegetarian
But most of the above have never helped the people to have a better life, so I don't even know I can count them or not - and more importantly, i don't think this culture will survive with in next 100 years, so nothing to say

Last edited:
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
USA, here.

1. Just..1.

I'm aware there are "worse" countries but godDAMN it hits different when your country TOUTS itself on being "the land of the free" but forgets to show the fine print of "only if you are rich, while, cis, abled, etc"

Yes, it's selfish, I'm aware.

A

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
8/10 Australia. Free government payments for the unemployed, low crime rate. 2 points gone because of the assholes in this country and because it's so boring (though not as boring as NZ where I've travelled to). HECS debt so I can freely study at university and pay back the money once I'm employed. Points for my university being so good and giving things in a way I can understand and help me actually learn things. More points for my family and the free accommodation they give me downstairs without much interruption. An introverts paradise as no one really talks to you or does much, less points because some of the alcohol retailers still deny me for alcohol getting booze despite being 23. But overall Sydney is great but it's so far away from the rest of the world.

Reactions: IBM0000
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Being from Latin America and living in a small town, I feel like I live in hell.
People in my country always say that our country is the best in the world in everything without explanation. They always say it's better than USA.
People on the other hand, consider you inferior if you are indigenous or simply if you are not white. The only way to be treated well if you are not white is basically to have a college education and money.
Another thing I hate is that people love foreigners, mainly if they are European or Asian, and want them to come to our country to "improve the race". There are some foreign youtubers who talk too much about my country and are always praised for living there. But if someone from our country goes to live abroad, they call them a traitor.
They say people here are very friendly, but in reality they are just loud people and exclude you for any reason.
They say the country is very safe, but I always see murders in the news. Drug trafficking is more present than ever and people are brainwashed with music that glorifies drug trafficking, making them believe they are going to make a fortune.
In my town, people only think about alcohol, soccer, partying and going to pray.
Some people treat you badly just because you like foreign things, I mean, music, movies, food, etc. They think you should support everything from the country just because you belong to it.
Talking about employment, no way, people are so stupid that they think that working 16 hours a day is being very productive.
They basically disguise slavery as being very productive.
Like every third world country, you are underpaid, and they take more money from your salary just to pay taxes, although it is not such a problem because food is cheap here, but of course, if we talk about buying a house, it's only something that few people can afford.
If the local food wasn't good, it would probably deserve 1.

tired0zymandias

tired0zymandias

Live Fast, Die Young
Sep 25, 2023

I live in southeast asia in a country that people are so maniac about religion and not really open minded.

Its also hard for being gay, they all homophobic. And think its a disease.

Other than that, I hate the traffic, the minimum wage is so low, and so many corruption.

I'm planning to move to USA next year but I think I won't make it lol :)

• Aww..
Reactions: Meteora
barelyrussian

barelyrussian

Sep 30, 2023
Probably alot of different opinions on the US just on this thread alone, but for me it's a 4/10. Objectively living in America is not bad if you have an average income and are able to afford a place to live (something that is getting harder), however I think the US is at a decline and I really wish we fought for more workers rights and social welfare like other countries.

peace_van

peace_van

My time stops now.
Sep 9, 2023
2.5 I guess, for the biggest country in East Asia.
Culture is similar to what charlotte_ wrote for Vietnam, but some problems have been relieved over the recent years.
I would say the living standards can be comparable to those widely acknowledged developed countries (I've been to JP and CA), with much cheaper living expenses (except for housing in its capital and southeastern part), and a much safer and peaceful social environment.
I like the diversity of landscape here. Food is fine. Life is convenient with well developed public transport and other services.
The authority is always proud of these and makes propaganda. I don't deny the 'achievement'.

But that comes at the price of strict social control (the ruling party is infamous for that, it's indeed the case) and exploit of the labourers.
They have much lower salaries and work excessively long (I find some members also mention this point for their countries)
Most people don't know how to write the word RESPECT, to put it directly.
They don't respect your choice of lifestyle, your religion, your sexual identity/orientation, your personal opinion, your feelings... your individuality and autonomy, from your birth.
If you luckily fit into the mainstream or you are mindless and perform well on acedemics, you will live a happy life (but it's like a pig fed for meat, from my perspective).
Otherwise the life sucks as a minority. Voice-up is never possible here. Not mentioning the authority, people will just think you are strange and keep a distance from you.

Last edited:
Wants-To-End

Wants-To-End

Dec 13, 2022
Being from Latin America and living in a small town, I feel like I live in hell.
People in my country always say that our country is the best in the world in everything without explanation. They always say it's better than USA.
People on the other hand, consider you inferior if you are indigenous or simply if you are not white. The only way to be treated well if you are not white is basically to have a college education and money.
Another thing I hate is that people love foreigners, mainly if they are European or Asian, and want them to come to our country to "improve the race". There are some foreign youtubers who talk too much about my country and are always praised for living there. But if someone from our country goes to live abroad, they call them a traitor.
They say people here are very friendly, but in reality they are just loud people and exclude you for any reason.
They say the country is very safe, but I always see murders in the news. Drug trafficking is more present than ever and people are brainwashed with music that glorifies drug trafficking, making them believe they are going to make a fortune.
In my town, people only think about alcohol, soccer, partying and going to pray.
Some people treat you badly just because you like foreign things, I mean, music, movies, food, etc. They think you should support everything from the country just because you belong to it.
Talking about employment, no way, people are so stupid that they think that working 16 hours a day is being very productive.
They basically disguise slavery as being very productive.
Like every third world country, you are underpaid, and they take more money from your salary just to pay taxes, although it is not such a problem because food is cheap here, but of course, if we talk about buying a house, it's only something that few people can afford.
If the local food wasn't good, it would probably deserve 1.

Very much Relatable

In 3rd world countries , just money alone is not a problem , the poor mobs have very Illogical inhuman mentalities , these kind a societies seems like solely built on useless Ego, instead of sense and compassion ----- That really sucks , Life is not easy in here

Last edited:
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
The US, west coast. In terms of personal quality of life for myself, I'll say 8. I'm very privileged to have a good job in a good city. I grew up very poor, so it's nice to not be poor anymore, but i definitely realize I'm in the minority when it comes to the whole of our country.

So, in terms of how I truly feel about it all. 3/10. The US has potential to be a large force for good, but time and time again it chooses not to and it makes me ashamed.

B

binkie

Oct 15, 2023
Simultaneously 1 and 10. I live in the PNW of the USA. I can go outside and see that the world is a beautiful place. I can go and visit my ancestral homeland if I want to. I'm also beholden to laws written by slave owners and Indian killers. My fellow tribal members live in poverty while the land they used to forage and live now supports billion dollar corporations. I love the land, I hate the government and the imperialist forces that lead to the colonization of my people

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
7 out of 10 for me in Florida. Weather, wildlife, and scenery and the state is fascinating for an explorer/adventurer like me. Incredible natural beauty here, sometimes takes my breath away. Very expensive here to live however.
And 6 months of terror each summer wondering if another hurricane will hit where I live.

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
There has been very bad politics in the country I live in. Bad politicians have destroyed a country that used to be good to live in. But the worst is the lack of euthanasia.

R

refused

-
Oct 31, 2023
People may disagree with me, but I give Canada a 2.
Our government doesn't care about changing anything to help the housing crisis and the cost of life becoming unbearable. Homelessness is around the corner for most young people, paycheck to paycheck. Can't even go to school because I need to work full time just to afford rent. I don't get how anybody makes it when rent is 2000 a month, or if you want to sleep in someone's garage that'll be 850.

Trudeau is a joke and we're selling our country away at the cost of its citizens. It's almost like he hates Canadians.
That score is mighty generous of you. I went to school and specialized to get ahead and I would give us a 1 out of 10. This country was bought and sold a long time ago. It feels frivolous to work my ass off and never get anywhere. I drank the Canadian dream kool aid and I might end up homeless one day myself.

B

Bodydysmorphia34

-
Oct 31, 2023
Germany: 7

Materialistically speaking, you can live a comfortable life here but socially.. people are pretty grumpy, envious of each other and cold. Plus, politically speaking, Germany is kind of a mess at the moment with a Nazi party on the rise.

I still gave it a 7 because of the objectively high living standards.