• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

mrborea

mrborea

Feb 20, 2023
1/10. i live in Turkey, no need to explain any further i guess lmao

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
1 is I hate my country, 5 is I am neutral about it and 10 is I love my country.

I think due to the fact I am today quite manic my perception is a little bit distorted. When I had severe depression I hated a lot in my country.
But currently I appreciate a lot where I live. I live in Germany, Especcially when I watch the news and see how much shit is happening in the world.
I mean even for modern, high-developed countries my country is quite good.
I think I will still have to kill myself in the future due to poverty. But there are even some possible reforms happening in the welfare system in the right direction. But I expect to get disappointed which is kind of an oxymoron.

But if I could have chosen where I was born Germany would have been at least in my top 15.

More jobs than in most other countries, education for free, good health care, diversity and tolerance but obviously not perfect I experienced a lot of disrcrimination due to my mental illness but I really doubt it would much different in other countries, hate and envy against the rich (LOL fits to me quite well), good journalism I like to read the newspaper a lot. Or and no war. At least for now.

When I compare it with other countries I am glad I live here. When I was a child I wished to live in the US or Japan. Now as an adult I am pretty glad this wish did not come true. The US is so polarized, the supreme court decisions are quite horrible, the two party system is counterproductive, too much inequality, bad welfare or heath care system

In Japan the performance pressure is even way worse. And mental illness is very stigmatized. I am not so sure about suicide. I have read contradicting claims about the stigmatization of suicide.

In Scandinavia the life quality is better. This is at least what many studies say. The thing is I am much into politics and I think if the country is less powerful I might be less interested in its politics. And I assume in a country with a lower population the media is not that diverse or high quality.

S0 I give Germany a 7/10. But only because I am today quite manic. Lol. When I am depressed as fuck I have a different view on it.
But the high rating is caused due to the fact it is relative to the conditions in other countries. I mean living in a rich industial country is quite like a win in the lottery statistically. This is at least one frame. I think it is even more unlikely to come into existence in the first place. it depends on what do you want to emphasize I guess.
Maybe a 3.5 or 4. I've lived abroad in other countries and I'd rate them a solid 1, they sucked so much that I never want to go back. I hope that when I retire I can move to a better country that I enjoy more and that has better politics and more diversity, got 2-3 in mind.

Allen123

Allen123

Feb 28, 2023
2-3/10. South Africa sucks. The political environment is so poor, the majority of the country agrees on hating our government. It's not up for interpretation, like the US or something, where each side has validity. Nearly everyone here hates our government. Why haven't we done anything about it? If your country's large demographic is uneducated black people, of whom were raised in the era were a white government caused apartheid, it'll be neigh impossible to convince them to vote a black government out - even if said government, has fucked them over repeatedly..

We have something called Load Shedding - essentially power cuts, to every area in the country. Somehow, we only have one company responsible for providing electricity to the entire country, and obviously, they're doing a shit job. Sometimes the power cuts can last 4 hours, and happen multiple times a day, for weeks.

Water cuts are a problem, too. Prices for everything are really high, but jobs pay shit. Every week there's a riot or a protest over something. Every day there's some horrific crime that's been committed - a mother raped in front of her children? A teenage girl kidnapped, gang raped, and killed? An elderly woman robbed and killed? (I hope you're seeing the pattern here: if you're a woman, and you live here, you better be careful. The men here are absolutely insane). It's horrible for women here. I remember the one time I was in Cape Town with my sister for like a couple of days.. Less than a week. And she was cat-called every day. People thought I was her boyfriend. It's bad here. I mentioned it before, but it was her friend that was raped and killed in a post office, too.

Almost 90% of the entire country is religious, and believes in Christianity. So if you're anything different, and you don't live in a predominantly white neighbourhood or something, keep your mouth shut.

Heh, this is the one country where I can say that even whites are fucked. Poverty is so bad, you have white people living on the street. Why am I pointing it out? Because they're the demographic that controls most of the monopolies here. So for even them to be fucked - there's a serious problem. If you're white and you apply to a job, and another black person applies to the same job and has lesser qualifications than you.. Congratulations, you're unemployed and fucked. Companies will rather recruit blacks and people of colour over whites. Even the government would rather enforce policies or shit that caters to blacks more than whites. And, as a white, you're still called racist.

I mean to put this all into perspective, our country has the highest rape rates in the world. And multiple cities here rank in the world's most violent cities.

With all that and more, South Africa is doing better than other shit hole countries. I won't name names. We don't have war. Our economy could be much worse.. And other shit. The culture here is rich. Absolutely rich. For example, my maid lives in a very, very rural area. When I mean rural.. There is no paving on the streets for kilometers. Children are playing on dirt, with no shoes, with a deflated soccer ball. Houses are made of grey bricks, and are dilapidated. It's absolutely horrible. They don't even have running water and electricity sometimes. Either way, you have a lot of people there making music that's really, really good off of throwaway laptops that they have to jailbreak. African food is simply the best food I've ever eaten - coming from someone who has been to Egypt, Israel, the Americas, etcetera. It's often described as a rainbow nation with no surprise - there are so many people of different races, and backgrounds, it'll drive you nuts. We have 35 fucking languages. And people of those different races and backgrounds share everything - which is incredible. For example, the Afrikaaners came up with the concept of braaing. Nearly every South Africa knows how to braai. Another example is the music black Africans make - I promise you that there is not a single club in this country that doesn't play afropop or afrohouse.

We have a beautiful land. Genuinely. A large number of animals- and people who actually give a fuck about those animals. It's a privilege of mine that I've seen all of the big five in person, and actually had a face to face contact with a lion pride.. And held a lion cub. And touched a cheetah. And fed multiple elephants - and rode one, heh.

Another thing great about South Africa is that we support one another, regardless of how different. Before Trevor Noah was "Americanised", my god, we treated him like a national treasure, for example. No matter if you were black, white, coloured, Indian, albino - doesn't matter, you supported that nigga.

Even with those pros though, fuck this country. I went on a long-ass tangent, heh.
I live in South Africa too. I personally know 2 women who I'm close friends with who have been raped and sexually assaulted here. It really is horrible. I'm glad you included the positive side of South Africa too, though. Ive lived here all my life and had wonderful experiences in this country. I don't see the government getting better anytime soon, and load-shedding has become so bad that businesses are closing down, and unemployment rates have skyrocketed. But we do have a wide variety of wonderful cultures and people that we can be really proud of.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
Ookami

Ookami

Feb 27, 2023
2. India is a breeding ground for festering homophobes and r*pists.

Reactions: swaraj
M

Mickeysmouse

Mar 22, 2023
I dislike this country. If you are born with extremely expensive medical conditions. You have no life because everything goes to treatment. And getting disability in my state is almost impossible.

Reactions: earshurt
roadtogo

roadtogo

Mar 24, 2023
Well now that the Canadian government pushed back maid. Give it a solid 3 out of 10

N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
USA. I used to be like an 8 but nowadays I'm like a 3. Probably better than some really corrupt counties I've never been to but things have gotten pretty bad here.

DrGreenberg

DrGreenberg

Mar 23, 2023
7, France
Shit medical services, insecurity and overrall bad mentality but yet the quality of life is good and i like the country as a whole (although some cities are absolute shitholes).

E

EndlessNight

Mar 21, 2023
solid 0

its Brazil.

-shithole country

-economy sucks

-slums everywhere and high crime rate

-Corruption dominates the whole government

-all utilities are horrible.

-I hate the culture, the native language and how the people here lack basic education.

-I hate the weather too

honestly, theres nothing i like about my country. I was fucking cursed because i born here.

wanderer...

wanderer...

Mar 26, 2023
5-6 for Georgia. And it's mostly because I just don't like the people.

darklight442

darklight442

Mar 31, 2023
US 8/10 i would say it is better than a lot of other places, there are many programs to help people and clean water, food programs and decent/good education. I think the downsides are safety and some of the people here make america worse seem than it is. i think to live in america can be a privilege and i am greatful for where i live and what I have.

Reactions: Source Energy
E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
For the U.S., I'd say a 4. Life here is objectively better than in many places, but that doesn't make life here good. Poverty and cost of living are much bigger problems in this country than we'd care to admit, and our government is more concerned with inserting itself into other countries' business and kowtowing to corporate interests than taking care of its own people. Our Congress is too stuck in deadlock to do anything to help its people, and our President is too disempowered + cowardly + fiscally moderate to pick up their slack. Meanwhile our Supreme Court has been captured by reactionary interest groups, so they're more of a hindrance than anything.

Republicans have given up on anything resembling responsible conservative governance, in favor of constantly punching down on marginalized groups to appeal to its core base of resentful nihilists who want to be the highest crab in the bucket. Meanwhile our so-called allies, the Democrats, can never seem to follow through on their campaign promises. They insist they're the better option because at least they're not racist/sexist/transphobic/etc., but TBH the national Dems have done almost nothing for me or any of my family/friends here in a red state. It was nice having health insurance until I was 26 I guess, but now me and a bunch of my friends are shit out of luck on that front.

It's all very dumb, stupid, and petty.

Last edited:
81-Z@P@D

81-Z@P@D

We're forced into life to settle a perpetual debt
Apr 3, 2023
If I were a normal person Singapore would be a 7-8/10, 10/10 for SEA easily. Sadly since I have ADHD and likely other afflictions, I give it a 5-6/10, I feel like I am only kept alive to be productive.

Reactions: earshurt
Auxx

Auxx

Mar 22, 2023
8.5 - United States of America

Despite my current situation, life has definitely been better than it could be. I've seen some of the responses here and they reinforce my rating. Life could be bad, but it will/has been worse for others.

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
4 - U.K people are so fucking rude and it's almost always cold and cloudy

J

JealousOfTheElderly

Max Azzarello was a hero and a martyr.
Aug 28, 2020
4 for the USA. The United States has committed the worst atrocities around the world for decades. It installed chaotic governments in other countries that led to massive numbers of death and destruction, and has basically acted like the policeman of the world for a long time. The tide is turning and the US is losing its status as superpower. The citizens are very divided and it's only getting worse. No one feels patriotic. The cancer of wokeism is killing productivity, creativity, and everything that is supposed to make a society be the best it can be.

The United States is reaping what it sowed. Unfortunately, I have to live through this accelerated decline and shudder to think what it will look like in 10, 20 years.

• Love
Reactions: newave3
Saai

Saai

Mar 20, 2023

I think due to the fact I am today quite manic my perception is a little bit distorted. When I had severe depression I hated a lot in my country.
But currently I appreciate a lot where I live. I live in Germany, Especcially when I watch the news and see how much shit is happening in the world.
I think I will still have to kill myself in the future due to poverty. But there are even some possible reforms happening in the welfare system in the right direction. But I expect to get disappointed which is kind of an oxymoron.

But if I could have chosen where I was born Germany would have been at least in my top 15.

More jobs than in most other countries, education for free, good health care, diversity and tolerance but obviously not perfect I experienced a lot of disrcrimination due to my mental illness but I really doubt it would much different in other countries, hate and envy against the rich (LOL fits to me quite well), good journalism I like to read the newspaper a lot. Or and no war. At least for now.

When I compare it with other countries I am glad I live here. When I was a child I wished to live in the US or Japan. Now as an adult I am pretty glad this wish did not come true. The US is so polarized, the supreme court decisions are quite horrible, the two party system is counterproductive, too much inequality, bad welfare or heath care system

In Japan the performance pressure is even way worse. And mental illness is very stigmatized. I am not so sure about suicide. I have read contradicting claims about the stigmatization of suicide.

In Scandinavia the life quality is better. This is at least what many studies say. The thing is I am much into politics and I think if the country is less powerful I might be less interested in its politics. And I assume in a country with a lower population the media is not that diverse or high quality.

S0 I give Germany a 7/10. But only because I am today quite manic. Lol. When I am depressed as fuck I have a different view on it.
But the high rating is caused due to the fact it is relative to the conditions in other countries. I mean living in a rich industial country is quite like a win in the lottery statistically. This is at least one frame. I think it is even more unlikely to come into existence in the first place. it depends on what do you want to emphasize I guess.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hihihehehuhu

Hihihehehuhu

Schizo vomit girl
Apr 18, 2023

0, if possible
People are so poor, more than half of the country is starving to death and inflation is over %160, people are commiting suicide because they cant feed their children, they mostly eat from trash can or rely others to help
my country is full of politicans who only became politicans because they are related to president, they know nothing, when a woman gets raped they always put women in wrong, they never jail rapists (like NEVER never) but if you insult our president you get jailed for life. And president is a religion fanatic and i wont really explain this type because im sure you all know it, we also have a huge immigrant problem, we dont check our immigrants and they keep commiting crimes all the time,,,even talking about it tires me

Last edited:
enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
7.5 for for the UK, it's got a lot of problems but no more than any other country, I really realised how privileged I was to live there when I lived abroad for a bit.

I think the fact I am happy with the country I live in yet am still so unhappy just compounds my misery.

SewerslideHoliday

SewerslideHoliday

May 2, 2023
Apart from dangerous Middle Eastern countries and most African countries I'd rather have been born anywhere else.

charlotte_

charlotte_

-
Mar 12, 2023
I live in Vietnam. Personally I'll give it a 5. I'm lucky enough to be born with no financial problems, but I know poverty is widespread in this country. Many struggle to find even enough food and drink to feed themself, let alone thinking of homes, educations, healthcare ect. The misogyny in this country is also absurd. Even till this day, many families still prefer to have sons over daughters, praising their sons and degrading their daughter despite them being equal, ect. Lastly, mental health issues in here is treated as a mere joke. Adults refuse to regard their children's mental illnesses, refuse to understand their needs. Many children here suffer from parental abuse, as many other Asian countries lol. But besides from that, the sceneries are good, food is good, things are pretty cheap and there's no war here, so I feel like I should be at least grateful for that.

• Hugs
Reactions: peace_van
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
The Netherlands! Neighboring country~
I'd say a solid 8/10. We're politically stable, stable economy, and are 5th happiest in the world. The only 'bad' things are that right now the cost of living is pretty high and there isn't really amazing scenery.
I miss my other home countries, even though compared to them, The Netherlands is objectively better

BlueBaby

BlueBaby

Everything's terrible
May 16, 2023
The Netherlands! Neighboring country~
I'd say a solid 8/10. We're politically stable, stable economy, and are 5th happiest in the world. The only 'bad' things are that right now the cost of living is pretty high and there isn't really amazing scenery.
I miss my other home countries, even though compared to them, The Netherlands is objectively better
Agreed, I also was gonna give the Netherlands an 8/10. Being grown up in a low class household with 2 little siblings and a stand alone mother (after divorce). I never really noticed the financial struggles cause of safety nets and stuff and y'know, affordable healthcare 👀. obv the rating is within the frame of (my image of) all the other countries.

• Hugs
Reactions: woh6
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Despise, distain.
Maybe I should join the Eime military... It's better than this country and their lust for power.