• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

H

helloparty

Aug 6, 2020
My job is so shit and it gets worse everyday. The logical answer to a shit job is just quit but if I quit then I don't get money which is also equally bad and my mom will be very disappointed so I think it would be easy to just cbt and job after job is shit...I really struggle with office politics.

H

helloparty

Aug 6, 2020
It's a huge factor. I can't fit in anywhere because of my mental problems and inability to form relationships.

It's not the sole factor but it's a big part of my desire to CTB
I thought it was just me. I wouldn't want anyone to feel that way cause i know it's not nice but it's also nice to know that other people are going through the same

C

currylover

Jul 19, 2020
I feel this. The people at my job did me SO wrong because they were jealous of how quick I was moving up and for the past 2 months all I could think about was trying to end my life. It sucks.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
For me it's a lot more complicated than just wanting to die because of my job. Even if I quit this one and found another, something about the next one would suck and I would hate that one too. If I left that one, then I would be going from one shitty job to the next and would want to CTB every time. My problem is that I become stressed out very easily when things don't go according to plan. Some days I can handle better than others, but there are some days where I just want to kill myself in the parking lot.

It's been like this with any job I've ever had. Even when I am fooled into thinking that it's getting better because I go a week or 2 where nothing bad happens, out of nowhere everything goes to shit again and it makes me want to quit again. I always ask myself why I put myself through this and the reason is very simple. I'm a wage slave just like everyone else that I work with. I'll be honest and say that most of my coworkers are likeable, but the management is absolutely terrible and the horrible employees always get rewarded for some reason while the good ones get shit on. I'm not the only one that has wanted to quit, but none of us do because we would have to take a huge pay cut to work elsewhere. The work itself might be less stressful, but the lower income would create a whole new mess all on its own. If I was dead, none of this would even matter.

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I relate to this a Lot. Big time . Because both my manager / supervisor.. are Condescending, manipulative, ego driven Fckn bastards. They belittle us as employees on a Daily basis. And there was 1 particular bully there. Thankfully he has been fired as of about 3 months ago.

Thoughts and prayers to you on your job. ❤️

H

helloparty

Aug 6, 2020
For me it's a lot more complicated than just wanting to die because of my job. Even if I quit this one and found another, something about the next one would suck and I would hate that one too. If I left that one, then I would be going from one shitty job to the next and would want to CTB every time. My problem is that I become stressed out very easily when things don't go according to plan. Some days I can handle better than others, but there are some days where I just want to kill myself in the parking lot.

It's been like this with any job I've ever had. Even when I am fooled into thinking that it's getting better because I go a week or 2 where nothing bad happens, out of nowhere everything goes to shit again and it makes me want to quit again. I always ask myself why I put myself through this and the reason is very simple. I'm a wage slave just like everyone else that I work with. I'll be honest and say that most of my coworkers are likeable, but the management is absolutely terrible and the horrible employees always get rewarded for some reason while the good ones get shit on. I'm not the only one that has wanted to quit, but none of us do because we would have to take a huge pay cut to work elsewhere. The work itself might be less stressful, but the lower income would create a whole new mess all on its own. If I was dead, none of this would even matter.
I can relate to this as I have changed my job twice and it gets worse each time. The job is ok but it's the people I struggle with
I relate to this a Lot. Big time . Because both my manager / supervisor.. are Condescending, manipulative, ego driven Fckn bastards. They belittle us as employees on a Daily basis. And there was 1 particular bully there. Thankfully he has been fired as of about 3 months ago.

Thoughts and prayers to you on your job. ❤
Thank you very much huntfish...I really feel supported by you.. The only reason that is holding me back from cbt at the moment is my partner.. He would be completely lost without me. But people at work drive me to nuts everyday about how petty they are

I really do hope your work gets better as well

Last edited:
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
My job is so shit and it gets worse everyday. The logical answer to a shit job is just quit but if I quit then I don't get money which is also equally bad and my mom will be very disappointed so I think it would be easy to just cbt and job after job is shit...I really struggle with office politics.
some of us here have crippling life destroying health conditions and can't even work let alone ever be comfortable and your here talking about suicide just because your job is shit? get another job mate.

H

helloparty

Aug 6, 2020
some of us here have crippling life destroying health conditions and can't even work let alone ever be comfortable and your here talking about suicide just because your job is shit? get another job mate.
Dear ceelo,
I appreciate that you have health conditions but you clearly cannot understand the mental health issues a person is suffering from due to work, as work is where you spend most of your time in life trying to make money. Surely, the logical step is to find another job but there are some of us who irrespective of finding"another job"are struggling to cope with the attitude of different people. The situation is such that they try to plough through it or they don't see it the point of going through another transition in life and just want to end it. Irrespective of ' phisical' or 'mental' illnesses I don't think there is a need to be rude just because you think that's the best solution. People come here to discuss things, where they don't feel judged so stop judging.. you don't want to be the reason for someone actually doing it. You are not in someone else's shoes ... You don't know what someone else is going through. So try to be emphatic

TheAntidote87

TheAntidote87

I'm gonna try to nullify my life
Jul 26, 2020
I'd rethink killing yourself over a job. I am not saying your feelings are invalid, but this is not a good reason in my opinion. I would give both my testicles to be healthy enough to work like I used to.

Reactions: Silence
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I think a mediocre/bad job is tolerable when you have other things going on in your life (good social life, good family life, financially stable, whatever).

I used to have a comfy tech job, however over a certain period of time I grew to hate the job because I realized in the grand scheme of things I'm disposable and how unimportant the job is. It was also boring and I had nothing going on in my personal life, nothing to look forward to when I got home. So over time at work I felt less motivated, more isolated, just pointless boring/mundane really.

That was the fundamental difference when I was a small kid, even though I disliked school I looked forward to hanging out with my friends after school which made school way more tolerable. It made doing things I dislike doing more tolerable. But as long as there is some reward you can look forward to sincerely enjoy, it makes all the negative parts of your life much more tolerable. It's when you have fewer and fewer good things in your life, when your life is focused more and more on simple survival, the suicidal thoughts and existential questions come up like "why the fuck am I even doing this? What's the point? This is leading nowhere."

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Wow...some of you are really disappointing. It's not a contest of who has bigger problems. Moreover, the seriousness of a problem is subjective, and each person will value things differently. The lack of respect some of you are showing is regrettable. Work issues are responsible for a huge amount of grief and suicidality in the world; they can cause enormous stress. @helloparty I greatly sympathise with your problem and I recommend you ignore those other posters who are attempting to shrug off your issue like it's nothing.

TheAntidote87

TheAntidote87

Jul 26, 2020
Wow...some of you are really disappointing. It's not a contest of who has bigger problems. Moreover, the seriousness of a problem is subjective, and each person will value things differently. The lack of respect some of you are showing is regrettable. Work issues are responsible for a huge amount of grief and suicidality in the world; they can cause enormous stress. @helloparty I greatly sympathise with your problem and I recommend you ignore those other posters who are attempting to shrug off your issue like it's nothing.
No one said their feelings are invalid or that work can't push someone over the edge, but I think there are a lot of factors at play. Whether you are a CEO, a lawyer, doctor, businessman or someone under an immense amount of pressure vs. someone in an entry level job who doesn't like office politics- I do not know which one the OP falls under, but it make a huge difference imo. Whether you need your job because you have a lot of family, friends, etc relying on you, your student debt level, your age, etc should also all be factored in to the equation. Work sucks for a lot of people but from the OPs original statement it appears that they are young and may benefit from trying other avenues before making such a permanent decision. It's all your lives and you can do whatever you want for whatever reason you want, but others are allowed to give their life perspective via their experience.

Reactions: diyCTB
M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018
If thats your only reason for killing yourself... Geez. Give me your problem.
Not sure if you really want to do this. There are people elsewhere who would say the same about your "problems." This is literally, "you shouldn't commit suicide or complain because someone else has it worse." Invalidation 101. Further, it's not far off from, "the coward's way out."

H

helloparty

Aug 6, 2020
Thank you manoban for your support.I use this form to draw strength in knowing that there are others who empathetic towards your situation. I am a bit surprised that people are very judgemental here as well , one place where I'm trying to find some comfort. I have changed 2 jobs in the past 2 years and what I mostly struggle with is coping with the attitude of different people. It's easy to say change jobs but you are never going to be in a job where people completely understand you. I'm currently in a job where I feel I can't talk to anyone about how I really feel. From the previous reply to your reply , of course other people are allowed to mark their opinions but they don't have to be judgmenta

TheAntidote87

TheAntidote87

Jul 26, 2020
Thank you manoban for your support.I use this form to draw strength in knowing that there are others who empathetic towards your situation. I am a bit surprised that people are very judgemental here as well , one place where I'm trying to find some comfort. I have changed 2 jobs in the past 2 years and what I mostly struggle with is coping with the attitude of different people. It's easy to say change jobs but you are never going to be in a job where people completely understand you. I'm currently in a job where I feel I can't talk to anyone about how I really feel. From the previous reply to your reply , of course other people are allowed to mark their opinions but they don't have to be judgmenta
Before you take your life would you consider getting a job you could do remotely? If you did that then you wouldn't have to deal with the office politics. If it isn't life or the needing to work in general that bothers you- maybe that would help? I don't think anyone is trying to be judgmental or invalidate your feelings or problems. Being supportive doesn't just mean agreeing with what you're saying and reaffirming your every belief. Sometimes people can support you by offering an alternative perspective or idea that may offer some resolution or one that you have no given consideration to before- it doesn't mean they care about how you're feeling any less than someone who just reaffirms you. I know workplace politics suck and people can be dicks, but think about it some more is all I am saying.

Anthagonos

Anthagonos

Hablo español
Aug 9, 2020
Not exactly due to my job, but I dont like my job. Its hard to me that I have to pass the rest of my life doing this work. Now due to the pandemic its very risky and almost impossible to change the work. But work is also one of the reasons I want ctb but not the first one.
My job is also shit like any other job that I had . i don't see any reason to look for another job because they are all the same and some of them are even worse . one reason that i ctb is i am sick of being the capitalism slave
I agree with you.
My mom says that I don't know what I want (work). I think the problem is that all jobs are the same shit. Its a srtucture problem.

Too many hours, too little money, no innovation... what a shit.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
If thats your only reason for killing yourself... Geez. Give me your problem.

If only life worked like that. If a nightmare that I was enduring was someone else's fantasy, then I would gladly hand it over if I could. Even so, it's unlikely that a job all by itself would be a reason for someone to want to commit suicide. For it to be a motivator, there would probably have to be other underlying issues or reasons hiding beneath the surface that someone might not be aware of or have on their mind at the moment. That certainly is the case for me, but I don't know if it is for helloparty or not.

• Love
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
Not sure if you really want to do this. There are people elsewhere who would say the same about your "problems." This is literally, "you shouldn't commit suicide or complain because someone else has it worse." Invalidation 101. Further, it's not far off from, "the coward's way out."
if you think "my job sucks!" something that can be easily rectified with your wonderful full health compares to "im in debilitating agony all day and have have my ability to do anything ripped from underneath me"you are fully ridiculous.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
For me it's not the job itself that is the problem. I just don't know what to do anymore.

• Love
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
At least you have a job.. Many people want to ctb because of unemployment. But I don't know what you've been through so that's your choice. Just telling. Wish you the best.

Reactions: Lorntroubles
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
Dear ceelo,
I appreciate that you have health conditions but you clearly cannot understand the mental health issues a person is suffering from due to work, as work is where you spend most of your time in life trying to make money. Surely, the logical step is to find another job but there are some of us who irrespective of finding"another job"are struggling to cope with the attitude of different people. The situation is such that they try to plough through it or they don't see it the point of going through another transition in life and just want to end it. Irrespective of ' phisical' or 'mental' illnesses I don't think there is a need to be rude just because you think that's the best solution. People come here to discuss things, where they don't feel judged so stop judging.. you don't want to be the reason for someone actually doing it. You are not in someone else's shoes ... You don't know what someone else is going through. So try to be emphatic
No ive never heard such bollocks, its just woe is me excuse garbage, dont like your job? get another job it IS that easy, only thing stopping you is you.

M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018
if you think "my job sucks!" something that can be easily rectified with your wonderful full health compares to "im in debilitating agony all day and have have my ability to do anything ripped from underneath me"you are fully ridiculous.
Again, this all comes down to "what is a valid reason to CTB?" and, more importantly, who gets to decide that. There are people, kids even, who got diagnosed with advanced stage cancer and their only thought was beating it while trying to enjoy each day as much as possible. Does that mean people who received the same diagnosis and opted to not have treatment/pursed CTB instead did not have a valid reason?

C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
Again, this all comes down to "what is a valid reason to CTB?" and, more importantly, who gets to decide that. There are people, kids even, who got diagnosed with advanced stage cancer and their only thought was beating it while trying to enjoy each day as much as possible. Does that mean people who received the same diagnosis and opted to not have treatment/pursed CTB instead did not have a valid reason?
mate i dont care about any of that bullshit argument im just sticking to what i said ie people in perfect health who just have shitty jobs can rectify with ease and is in no way comparable in any scenario to someone with debilitating illness. I hate people like that honestly, life is pretty awesome if you actually try and if you have your health the skys the limit.

M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018
mate i dont care about any of that bullshit argument im just sticking to what i said ie people in perfect health who just have shitty jobs can rectify with ease and is in no way comparable in any scenario to someone with debilitating illness. I hate people like that honestly, life is pretty awesome if you actually try and if you have your health the skys the limit.
Bitterness is a terrible thing. Here's a cliche view that's more aligned with your attitude towards others: "Life is unfair. Learn to deal with it."

C

currylover

Jul 19, 2020
Hey @helloparty
I've seen some not so supportive posts in this thread and wanted to say that I don't judge you for wanting to ctb because of your job. Whether that is the only reason or not you're allowed to feel how you feel. We spend most of our day at work so of course if it isn't a good environment then we'll start to suffer mentally. Changing jobs isn't always a solution because there's office politics pretty much anywhere you go. Also, if you haven't been in the current position for too long you could be seen as "job hopping" which doesn't look good to prospective employers. I left my most recent position after 6 months, and fortunately I was able to find other jobs because I had been with my previous employers for years. However it's not always that easy so I don't blame you or anyone else for being miserable with their job but feeling like it can't change.