• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
nawee

nawee

nawee
Mar 19, 2023
I found it from reddit while looking for "painless" suicide methods, some people talked about how this website used to be a reddit thread at first but was banned, and that's how I found the website

Reactions: Cathy Ames
ShatteredQueen

ShatteredQueen

Jun 27, 2022
I was at the end of my proverbial rope, life crashing down around me once more despite my best efforts, and I was researching suicide methods as well as related legal matters. (The latter included what documents I should have on me to prevent my family from having to ID me, how long I had to have life insurance before it would pay out on suicide, etc.) Anyway, I was trying to get everything together to take my final bow when I found a news article talking about how "horrible" this site was and how its members were supposedly "pushing people to commit suicide." The only thing I could think was: "There's a social media site for people like me?!" The article didn't mention the name of this site, so it took me weeks to find it, but I finally did. As a result of the understanding and judgment-free support I have found here, I decided not to catch the bus just yet.

Isn't that ironic? A news article defaming this site led me to it, and a site that, according to the Normal People, encourages suicide helped me not to die yet. Perhaps it shows just how wrong Tantacul and news media outlets are about this site.

Depressed_nerd

Depressed_nerd

Learning the physics of Death
May 6, 2023
Saw Tantacrul's video, he got me curious about this site since I'm struggling with depressive and suicidal thoughts for over a decade and is looking for more people like me. Took me some google searches and boom here I am. Ironically this site isn't as bad as he described and even made me comfortable of me discussing topics related to suicide openly. When I planned on doing the research I even thought that there's no way that this site isn't going to be on dark web according to what I've heard from Tantacrul but no lol

Suwa

Suwa

May 7, 2023
Bored on YouTube one day, came across his video. It seemed interesting, so I watched through the entire thing and despite all the "problems (I have no problems with this though, lmao)", I really wanted to find it. A week later, some malicious Discord user sent me the link to this site, and said some stuff about hoping I died or something. So I clicked on the link and it brought me here. I thought it looked familiar, until it hit me that this is the site that Tantacrul talked about in his video, and that was so hilarious. But I felt this it could be the perfect place for me, so I signed up. A few days later, I enjoy lurking on this site, and sometimes providing responses.

• Hugs
Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
Tantacrul's video made me a lurker and then I figured the traffic to ss would be too much for the admins so I waited for it to calm down and now I'm here.

• Hugs
sannoji

sannoji

dreaming of flying
May 4, 2023
saw tantacrul's video a couple months after it was posted, felt something wasn't right with it and wanted to check out the site for myself. glad i did because of course his video was very misrepresentative of what this place is actually like and about

ShinyScissors

ShinyScissors

Professional Procrastinator
Feb 8, 2023
Yes, Tantacruls video led me to seek this site out. I jumped on Reddit and no one would fuss up the site's name. After going to the third page of Google I found a discussion site with a thread containing controversy about this forum.

TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
The site has changed a lot in the last year or two. I hear (unsubstantiated at this time) that at least one mod and handful of "members" are law enforcement disguised as members to monitor activities. Not sure if FBI, NSA or other group. If true, not surprising, but I'd be bored to death (pun intended) if it was my assignment as an officer/agent.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Gladly I don't know who that youtuber is! I get emotionally dysregulated just thinking about anyone who would make content on YouTube about this place, they're sick in the head.

I've managed to be signed up all of this time to ss and NEVER told anyone about this website. It is a place you find when and if you truly need it. I can't trust anyone here anymore only in 2020 did it feel good to be here now I just feel paranoid like I'm in the wrong to be here because the neuro typical found out and are now clearly lurking around.
Fuck you creeps if you read this.

Anyway...I found ss through searching for places to openly talk about suicide when no where else allowed it, it was all taboo to express your actual feelings in other places but here made me feel welcome, it helped me able to vent my true feelings. I sometimes think I'd be dead without this site. It feels like a big hug coming here especially when you can't tell anyone how you feel. I don't know the word for it, would it be clarity? I'm going with clarity.

MoqoRani

MoqoRani

please forgive my web illiteracy
May 6, 2023
i saw Tantacul's video a while ago, thought it would take minutes or hours to find this site, but i had to do was search 'suicide forum' and got its wiki page in the second or third result

A

Abyssopelagic

Feb 2, 2023
I started searching around for forums after my friend ctb, the ones I used to be part of had been shut down but I wanted to learn more about what she experienced and this was the first one that came up.

• Hugs
V

VariousCatNoises

Dec 18, 2021
I believe I first heard of this place from the old SanctionedSuicide reddit.

I haven't been on this site in years - I didn't know about the Tantacul video until now. It makes me uncomfortable to think that a popular Youtuber (? idk who this guy is but I'm assuming he has to be popular if so many people found this site through his video) brought more attention to this site. I'd be heartbroken if it was taken down from someone who didn't approve of such an open discussion of suicide.

• Hugs
A

Applenova204

-
May 16, 2023
Found this site in late 2018 or so, after the subreddit had shut down. Had been searching for methods and other suicide related stuff in general for a while now, and had found the ash archive in 2017, around the time I first read Final Exit, which, in spite of its disapproval of the suicide of people like me, was helpful in cementing the right to die for me, as something that is anything beyond my own primitive conception of it.
I kept searching more over time, putting different keywords in google search, going to the third page, etc. Eventually found posts on reddit about the banning of the ss subreddit. Eventually, that led me me here. Lurked for a few months before finally creating an account
I found this site 3 days ago. And I'd joined a Reddit too. I didn't know SS was on Reddit before, but it got removed?

d0lic3

d0lic3

Feb 20, 2023
Funny enough I found this site because of Tantacul's video but beside that I've heard about it from reddit aswell.

S

Selenophile

Apr 21, 2023
I discovered it on reddit. I posted on r/suicidewatch(I was looking for a helium tank to end my self) then someone messageed me that I could use Sodium nitrite and I check out this site.

RoseKamar

RoseKamar

May 20, 2023
Googled about methods and somehow managed to find someone mentioning it in some forum and when directly looking it up, i found it.
But that was already some time ago (years), have been the occaisonal Lurker ever since.

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I found this site while searching with relevant keywords in a desperate situation of life where it seems that there is no other way left. I'm glad I'm not alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.