• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveForMetal

LoveForMetal

Lost all hope
Oct 13, 2023
I wached Tantacul's video, but I couldn't find the site, because he purposefully not mentioned the name. After serching for CTB methodes online I found this site. I needed a while to realise, that this is the website he was talking about.

ger3172

ger3172

prove to me im not gonna die alone
Oct 23, 2021
I had just installed Tor on my computer and to test it I started to look up the thing that is on my mind the most, suicide. it felt like home immediately. it was around the same time the new york times released their article and everyone was talking ab it here.

Chemical Animal

Chemical Animal

"I was born out of time, I'm not meant to be here"
Jan 24, 2023
Searching "suicide" on twitter and seeing a dude's tweet about how people should be able to talk about their suicidal ideations without being hospitalized or something (it was a year ago, I don't remember the exact words and I can't find the tweet), and in the replies someone mentioned this site and I ended up here out of pure curiosity

Before SaSu I used to lurk on r/suicidewatch

M

maddog58

Oct 15, 2023
I was trying to find suicide methods online when I came across a news article talking about this site

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
I obsessively watched The Bridge documentary and wanted to look up something about Gene Sprague. I searched it and stumbled across this site. I'm so relieved to be able to get factual, objective information, because real answers about suicide (for me, it'd be jumping) are incredibly hard to find.
Searching "suicide" on twitter and seeing a dude's tweet about how people should be able to talk about their suicidal ideations without being hospitalized or something (it was a year ago, I don't remember the exact words and I can't find the tweet), and in the replies someone mentioned this site and I ended up here out of pure curiosity

Before SaSu I used to lurk on r/suicidewatch
That sub is okay, but still gets a lot of "don't do it!" banalities. Also there's so many posts that a lot of posts don't even get responded to.

J

Jorms_McGander

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Google, I guess. I have ostracised myself from other communities, in the interest of CTB. But I am a wee one with no self control. So I thought maybe a community can help me understand if it's a lack of desire or a lack of discipline.

silligant

silligant

Oct 5, 2023
The site was mentioned on Wikipedia's Did You Know? page on August 17th, regarding the NYT reporting on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloud Busting
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Oct 18, 2023
I copy pasted on the search bar an address from a site I wanted to buy drugs from and it showed me an old forum from this site discussing scam drug- selling sites.

P

prettybitchguilloti

Oct 18, 2023
I genuinely find it incredible how tantcruls actions had the opposite effect he supposedly wanted. I watched that entire video feeling like it was a bad faith argument

Reactions: Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I was searching for methods and stumbled upon the vice article.

they didn't name it so I searched for "suicide discussion forum" and this was one of the first things to pop up. Was pretty easy to put two and two together.

Talking about this forum only increases interest in it. When are detractors going to realize that?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I found out about this place because of Tantacrul's video. I was skeptical of his portrayal of the site so I decided to find it myself and lurk around for a bit, which wasn't that hard considering his horrible job at covering it up. Looks like I was right to be skeptical since his portrayal of this site wasn't accurate.

N

n4k1

Jun 15, 2023
tantacul's video. it's sort of funny as that was not how he probably wanted to spread awareness of this issue. The same goes to me finding ed forums through youtube. it's nice to find a safe community but I can see from an outside perspective how fucked it is.

L

LeoSS

Oct 20, 2023
I actually don't remember, just that I was searching for end of life topics and one sent me here. Probably Duck-Duck in a private window.

nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
did my own research
Goes to show how Tantacul completely contradicted himself
any publicity is good publicity

Last edited:
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
BBC put out a really crappy article this morning. I didn't think it was even-handed so it didn't take me long to find my way here. I then watched the Tantacrul video and had very mixed feelings on it.

How can there be an open, fair debate on the issue when so many people are terrified of looking at it in more than one way, often with such a lack of respect?

• Aww..
Reactions: Pluto
E

eirman

Oct 24, 2023
I heard about this forum on BBC Radio Ulster's Talkback program.
PODCAST: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001rpvz

They were bemoaning the fact that this website could not be taken down.

They did not give the name of this forum so it took 7 minutes of detective work to track it down.

deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
Tantacul's video. And I am grateful to him for this, no matter how strange it may sound.

Reactions: tiger b
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Upd8 -- hve upd8td survy s/ tht BBC hs dedic8td optn snce 2dys artcle

Optn ws orignlly "BBC/Vice" bcse BBC hs covrd SaSu b4

Thre wre apprx 70 selctns in BBC/Vce optn b4 2dy s/ cn stll b measred

Status
Not open for further replies.