• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
Tantacul's video. Never watched the guy neither before nor after i got his video on SS in recommended, saw some guy in the comment section calling BS on him and went to google the site itself to take a look first hand.

TheMetalHead

TheMetalHead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Never seen Tantacul's video before I got here, what got me into this website was searching for suicidal forums where I could express myself or talk to similar people.

Reactions: Louise Payne
chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Google search, but not on first page of search results.

W

weisel

Jul 2, 2023
I found out about the site while exploring one of the incel sites looking for stuff to post on Reddit. They were not allowed to post the name on the site, and when I attempted to find the site thru Google it would not pop up

Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
Found it mentioned on a gore site while doing research on methods

nottheend

nottheend

When will enough be enough!!
Sep 8, 2021
After watching the a documentary about a former member here it referred to this website without naming it obviously then found it after a few days searching can't actually remember how I eventually found it though

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
It was a strange moment...

One day I was eating pork and ended up on this website.

Basically, my path was something like...
>Eat pork
>Take my phone
>Go to Wikipedia
>Pork
>Pork belly
>Bacon
>Curing (food preservation)
>SN
>SS.
>Read some threads
>Sign up
>Be accepted

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I don't remember. What site are we referring to?

L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
I was searching for information on suicide. Then I came across a YouTube video by PBS News Hour about a website on suicide. Then I googled the article and authors Megan Twohey and Gabriel Dance in the New York Times. And that is how I finally found this site. I am so grateful to feel less alone now.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
'Find a Grave'

sorry can't recall details
was via my phone
1 year ago

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I found this website a few days ago when I was researching methods (specifically bridge suicides and the height needed to kill you). It popped up in the search results and I lurked for a while before officially joining

Last edited:
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Was looking into the "Exit Bag" method after watching a Louis Theroux documentary titled "Choosing Death" (recommended, btw).

Btw, considering looking into methods is the second most popular path to this site, I do hope this site and the suicide section in particular will remain open to the public forever, since it's those people who we should care about and not catering to the fuckers who won't be satisfied until this site is shut down for good.

HazyMind

HazyMind

Sep 11, 2023
Found this site while searching for methods relating to hanging, and god im glad i did. My account was sadly apart of the data loss, but this place is truly so helpful. I never thought that knowing how to end it properly would actually help my mental state, but it does.

duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
I saw the tentacrul video a few weeks ago, and wanted to find this site since he tried to gatekeep it so hard. I feel a sense of satisfaction in being able to find it, despite his best efforts to hide it. I also hate his moral high horse. He used this website for personal gain, despite claiming to oppose it so much, which I'm sure he does, but I'm sure he's profited off of it quite a lot

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I searched for suicide methods and found this site. I joined about 5 months after discovering it because it allows me to vent and find like minded individuals.

FallenGrace

FallenGrace

Sep 15, 2023
I watched Tantacruls video and allthough this site was slandered it was what I've been looking for.He shouldn't be judging people's choices.Its wrong to force someone into suffering.

MentalStefan

MentalStefan

Loser
Jul 3, 2022
The story how I found my way to this site is quite funny and maybe a bit bizarre.

It was a few years ago. I watched a lot of memes about differences between Google's search engine and Bing's one. According to these memes, Bing provides far more controversial searching results than Google and doesn't censor anything, even if the results are very brutal or illegal. I wanted to test this myself and I typed "how to commit suicide" in both search enignes. I was surprised that these memes were actually right! Google outputted links to sites like "Don't kill yourself", "Talk to National Suicide Prevention Hotline", etc. However Bing as the first result outputted link to this website :D It naturally caught my attention and I started to lurk here more and more.

• Love
Reactions: CoffeeCrow
C

CoffeeCrow

-
Sep 14, 2023
I seem to naturally come across these places, I remember getting a PDF of PPH back in like, 2010-2011. There's also been other sub-boards for advocacy I've come across.
I came across SS while looking for methods and the general topic in Wikipedia. Ironically, Tantacul's video was always suggested by YouTube to me but I imagined it was another alt-imageboard or something he referred to and never watched the video, or plan to. Turns out he referred to this place after all. Seems he's doing a lot of people a favor.

star_cell

star_cell

I will see you again
Sep 17, 2023
Tentacrul fs was my direct link. I wonder though. Back about 13 years ago I used to use a similar forum that was something along the lines of 'nowayout.com'. Not sure if this site has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
i was inconspicuosly reading pubmed articles about certain pharmacological synergy-like. came across some weird amateurish yet curious topics and questions like (how much CO is fatal (cant blame but realize life in general has taken a downcurve since the last decade, when i hoped i was leaving a dark past of mental hospital stays and "failed attempts" (lack of instruction, "luck" or lack of depending on the point of view. Anyway ive been awake for several days, having some 30, to 40mins naps (sometimes with eyes open, i could see myself sleeping with an unlit smoke) anxiety has showed its true form ? *nah it can always be worse i know but everything will be fine we wont need to find out it was.. saturday? now its wednesday.. i don't think i can make it . i mean, i dont want to.. sorry it seems every post i'm robotically repeating all the monologue..
Cut things short , searching for technical information on fatal interactions between 2nd generation ops dont know if i can talk about it but yeah you guessed. anyway with my lucky i m liable to wake up throwing a whole drugstore on jets, every 30 min the body begins twitching, stomach gets uneasy and out of "nothing" (out of an empty stomach i mean) i'm impressed at the amount of ... gastric reflux.. most time i spent knocked out was like 3 days straight, then stood up and tried to walk through the door except i actually tried to walk through the wall (blurred vision) made me lost part of a tooth somewhere around here, and there was so much blood but damn those meds hangover would not let me wash it so i just dropped back on the floor and waited "till i was better" ... nah i don't recommend . (of course i messed up)

Garf125

Garf125

Sep 21, 2023
This is partly why I believe Tantacruls video to be so dishonest and "harmful" by his definition. He introduced thousands of people to the forum he wanted them to stay away from where they would've never encountered it otherwise me among them.

Of course I'd consider myself fortunate to now have a place I can discuss such an uncomfortable topic in a comfortable manner with people who level with me and in that way I'm grateful for having watched his video. Doesn't stop me from recognizing how counterintuitive manipulative and bad faith it was.

JordanF

JordanF

Sep 21, 2023
I googled "noxacusis" and scrolled down to the very bottom. There was a previous post here by somebody who also had this condition.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain
Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
Honestly Tantacul's video is the only reason I found out about this place and if I hadn't seen it I would've kept suffering in the blaring silence

P

Princess Picta

Sep 22, 2023
I was looking on Reddit but no one told me anything. I figured there had to be some old skool internet chat room for people who want to die and not get talked out of it or reported on.

I found some article it might even be the one listed but I remember seeing that this forum exists and all the noise they said about it. I didn't even finish the article, I came right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.