• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

How did you first hear about and/or find your way to this site?

• Searching for methods

Votes: 799 35.4%
  • The New York Times

Votes: 213 9.4%
  • BBC - up to and including Oct 2023 article & podcast

Votes: 70 3.1%
  • Tantacul's Youtube video

Votes: 969 43.0%
  • A Youtube video other than Tantacrul's

Votes: 66 2.9%
  • Wikipedia

Votes: 79 3.5%
  • Recommended by a friend

Votes: 76 3.4%
  • Through other forums or social media e.g Discord /Reddit/TikTok (feel free to comment)

Votes: 306 13.6%
  • Other news outlets or miscellaneous sources - please leave a comment

Votes: 95 4.2%
  • Fix the 26 or Stop Sanctioned Suicide

Votes: 14 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LifeisDark

LifeisDark

Jul 5, 2023
Ironically enough it was Tantacrul's video. I had never heard of the site beforehand and saw the video title, and was like, this could be interesting, and since I'm not one to take things at face value decided to lurk on the site and saw that it was a lot different to how it had been portrayed and so decided to join.

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Yup, the Tantacrul video

I really did get the wrong impression here. Like, I really did vent here, and go through issues, I was warded, I do have BDO, but I felt like I had to go extra in my application to the site, saying that I was a mentalcel and all. Mental bit is true, -cel bit isn't. I'm glad to have found this community here and not having to keep up any persona.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
F

forbiddenkitty310

Feb 1, 2023
Heard about it on an episode of the podcast sword and scale eons ago. I was really interested about the concept and when I looked around I felt like I finally found some people who had the same feelings I do about death. I've never been able to share it with anyone in my real life. Was not what I was expecting. So, I made an account. I'm too shy to contribute much, but it's just comforting to know I can come here.

• Hugs
G

God_Emperor_of_Rome

-
Apr 13, 2023
I first heard of it when @master and @serge got doxxed. I had no idea they were running this website

• Informative
Arachnid_Antichrist

Arachnid_Antichrist

Probably a Philosophical Eldritch Being
Jul 2, 2023
I'm gonna be real, I found it through T4nt4cruels YT video. I figured seeing it for myself would maybe settle the debate over this sight. (I just wanna note that T4nta4crul's video is not true in the slightest and everything he said in that video is total bs)

donxtwait

donxtwait

why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Nov 9, 2022
honestly I don't remember - search engine (or scrolling reddit?) or watching something would be my guess.

Kera

Kera

Experienced
Jul 16, 2023
I had never heard of this website before. Just in general of the suicide forums. After that googled but found nothing. Later, I can't remember exactly, I accidentally came across this page through a thread.

F

flyaway

Jul 11, 2020
I found it long time ago on Google while researching methods and looking for an active suicide-related website.

Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
Watched a video about some place with a different name a while ago, don't remember who it was by, can probably dig through history if anyone really wants to know, and it was a weird video that had stuff that didn't add up but anyways found out places like this EXIST. Where you can talk about ending it without having to be afraid someone will ward you again. Started looking, ultimately only found this place. It seems like there used to be more places but they're all gone now. It's strange to think about, the internet is a lot like a town. A big one with websites as recreational areas and housing and businesses. Some go out of business some get sold some get torn down. But here here was, still here. So here we all are now

Reactions: Lammpz
SadRiceBall26

SadRiceBall26

Rice
Mar 20, 2023
I originally found out about the site through Tantacrul's video. It's kind of ironic that his video was frowning upon SS, but more people have found the website and joined because of it. To be honest, I didn't even know sites like this existed before seeing his video.

Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
Kiwifarms. I had a nasty obsession to lurk the farms regularly (don't recommend it, I stopped doing it a while ago) and someone jokingly linked this site on a thread asking "where would we go if the farms went down?" or something like that. I hadn't heard anything about SS before even though I'd been looking for sites about suicide/suicide methods, I thought I'd never had a chance. The only valuable thing I found there, really.​
Genuinely curious, what's kiwifarms?

Scared to look it up based on the recommendation to stay away...

T

thetrout

Jul 25, 2023
Looking for reliable information on methods. It really shouldn't be this hard to exercise bodily autonomy.

shantyizlit

shantyizlit

Really, what was the point?
Jul 7, 2023
I complained on 4chan /r9k/ that there was nowhere to freely discuss suicide and I was blessed with the name of this site.

S

Semi

Jul 21, 2023
1 week or so ago 15 year old girl suiceded by jumping in front of a train. I was looking for details on news website and i saw this website at the search bar

T

theloserestloser

Nov 26, 2021
I read a book that had a suicide forum as a major plot point and I wanted to find somewhere like that. It actually took me a lot of digging to find this site even though I was actively searching for it.

S

SadMan66

Jul 29, 2023
A Facebook friend told me about this website last year. She ended up killing herself successfully, although I'm unsure what method she died. It was most likely either partial suspension hanging or sodium nitrite.

P

pandsniper100

Feb 18, 2023
Searching up pro sucide sites
I find comfort in them it's like we are all alone but alone together

• Hugs
Reactions: caliban
M

marshmallowfluff

Jan 23, 2023
There was a Google group for suicidal people where methods were discussed and ctb was used. I was looking for the group again and came across this forum.

Not only is there a wealth of information, but I have encountered some of the kindest people with hearts of gold who just want to help others. I didn't expect the 'feel' to the forum to be so warm. Thank you everyone

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

In great pain. Suicide in progress (hopefully).
May 28, 2023
- Searching for methods
- Somewhere else: a person on his internet blog, whose title I will not mention, drew my attention to SaSu when I asked him about suppliers of Nembutal. He told me that he did not know of any, but that there was information on this forum about sodium nitrite, which was a fairly decent substitute.

notevenhere

notevenhere

Ghost Angel
Apr 27, 2023
I used to post on r/suicidewatch on reddit. Someone sent me a pm and asked me if i knew what SS was.

nofun.intended

nofun.intended

i hate being alive is amazing
Oct 18, 2022
I used to post videos of me cutting myself on bestgore.fun .. before they were taken down due to the website not allowing self-harm (or animal/child abuse), someone commented on my post suggesting that i take a look at this site. people were commenting really nasty things (understandably... i'm still not 100% sure what possessed me to film my cutting and post it on the internet) and the suggestor said that i would have more freedom to express myself when it comes to self harm on this website.

I've gotta say, i'm really glad that person told me about sanctioned suicide. if i never knew about it, i don't think i would have ever learned about the SN method.

Toxinebulaic

Toxinebulaic

winter is coming
Aug 2, 2023
The cruel irony of the fact that Tantacrul's video specifically denouncing this site in his vein attempt to garner hatred against it has only solidified the beliefs of this community and increased it's size is truly astonishing and, in a way, beautiful. If this survey is accurate, he has single handedly brought more members to this community than any other distinct factor.

I live for this malignant synchronicity.

Allaboutit

Allaboutit

Aug 3, 2023
Googling dark.net lol. It came up as one of the top ten Scary sites that exist. Glad I found it.

neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
I can't remember where exactly it was linked but I found it while googling for painless suicide methods

Reactions: worldsapart
W

Wants2CTB

Nov 22, 2018
Lots of people here from YouTube. From what I remember, this site was a lot easier to find on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.