• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

PostalMaxxing

Jun 7, 2023
Does anyone know the best part of the head to point the trigger at?

Reactions: QueerMelancholy
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
"Some. Pretty much due to people sticking it underneath the chin"

Yes, i know those can fail. That's why i specifically asked about in the mouth. It is hard for me to imagine that failing. As for birdshot, i don't think it makes any difference at point blank range, tho i would use buckshot.
Ah, my bad. In that case, no. I don't think they would be able to angle in in a way that would make it ineffective if it's inside the mouth. I would recommend aiming it in a way where it hits the brainstem as shown in the diagram on the first page, but I think at that point if birdshot isn't used then it's a guaranteed success. Even with birdshot it's probably guaranteed anyway but I wouldn't take the chance personally.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I'm scared of my gun. Anyone else feel like this?

It's a 1911. I've shot it before at targets and such with ear protection. I'm comfortable handling it; just by itself, its presence is comforting, like a stuffed animal. But the idea of CTB with it is scary.

I have .45 ACP hollow points, but it's the active, intentional nature of the action that scares me. The lack of gap between doing it and the lights turning out. The fear of sharp pain and the loud, ear-splitting noise as the last thing I'll perceive. The amount of prep I have to do to keep the mess down. I would much rather go to sleep peacefully. But this is the only "reliable" method I have available to me.

Reactions: dreamking, anhedonicNfoggy and lifeisbutadream
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I'm scared of my gun. Anyone else feel like this?

It's a 1911. I've shot it before at targets and such with ear protection. I'm comfortable handling it; just by itself, its presence is comforting, like a stuffed animal. But the idea of CTB with it is scary.

I have .45 ACP hollow points, but it's the active, intentional nature of the action that scares me. The lack of gap between doing it and the lights turning out. The fear of sharp pain and the loud, ear-splitting noise as the last thing I'll perceive. The amount of prep I have to do to keep the mess down. I would much rather go to sleep peacefully. But this is the only "reliable" method I have available to me.
I've wondered if the last thing people heard was the click of the gun or the actual shot.
I actually prefer the lack of gap, but that's me personally. I feel jealous that it's available to you.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
What is the viability of a reproduction black powder shotgun or rifle? How much worse are they than a non-black powder 12-gauge shotgun with buckshot?

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
What is the viability of a reproduction black powder shotgun or rifle?
It should work fine. Probably not as good as a modern firearm, but still enough to do the job. Try watching some videos of people shooting ballistic gelatin with the firearm of your choice and try to find out what kind of projectiles people use for hunting with them. Preferably choose a regular bullet as opposed to a roundball, I'm not sure if they make hollow point rounds for BP rifles but if so go with that and if not go with whatever bullet (conical) is recommended for hunting, preferably for large game.
With shotguns, generally people seem to use birdshot for black powder shotguns. This will probably work but this is absolutely not recommended, so if you see anyone talking about what to load in a shotgun for duck hunting or loading tiny BBs into a shotgun avoid. It's best to use either 00 buckshot (which should be about nine .38 roundballs?) or some sort of slug, though I recommend doing your own research about black powder shotguns and slugs, or some sort of slug equivalent for black powder guns, if one exists.
An issue you may run into is that the gun may be too long, in which case choose a gun that's short enough, or saw it off. I'm no lawyer but in America, black powder guns aren't legally considered firearms so I don't think sawing them off would be illegal like it would for a regular firearm, and around the world people seem to sell blunderbusses with little issue. I would recommend sawing it off as little as possible, however, just enough for you to be able to aim it properly. The length of the gun helps it build velocity, so essentially it won't be hitting you as fast if you saw it off. I recommend doing your own research about legality though and not to attempt it if it is indeed illegal in your area.

• Informative
Reactions: Eudaimonic
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023

Very informative video. TL;DR low powered rounds, hitting the wrong part of the brain and quick medical treatment have usually saved people in real life scenarios.
A reminder that high powered ammunition is recommended (9x19/9mm Parabellum at least, preferably more, also preferably a Jacketed Hollow Point) as well as the brainstem/medula oblongata.

Reactions: shadowheart
Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
Does anyone know how lethal a shot to the basal ganglia would be, assuming sufficient bullet caliber, velocity, and spread? Geo Stone mentions it as a 'one-shot target,' along with the brain stem (medulla oblongata) and cervical vertebrae, but I've been unable to find much of anything on it.

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Does anyone know how lethal a shot to the basal ganglia would be, assuming sufficient bullet caliber, velocity, and spread? Geo Stone mentions it as a 'one-shot target,' along with the brain stem (medulla oblongata) and cervical vertebrae, but I've been unable to find much of anything on it.
I don't know, though I imagine with a shotgun loaded with buckshot or a high calibre rifle any shot to the brain would be fatal.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
JordanF

JordanF

Sep 21, 2023
Very informative video. TL;DR low powered rounds, hitting the wrong part of the brain and quick medical treatment have usually saved people in real life scenarios.
A reminder that high powered ammunition is recommended (9x19/9mm Parabellum at least, preferably more, also preferably a Jacketed Hollow Point) as well as the brainstem/medula oblongata.
There have been a few rare cases that are quite interesting where the person didn't have immediate medical attention and still survived.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lawrence_(British_Army_officer)
This guy got shot through the brain with a 7.62, and was left on the mountaintop for 6 hours. He then spent another 8 hours in the waiting room because the doctors thought he wouldn't survive so he should be treated last. He also lost 42% of his brain.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
There have been a few rare cases that are quite interesting where the person didn't have immediate medical attention and still survived.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lawrence_(British_Army_officer)
This guy got shot through the brain with a 7.62, and was left on the mountaintop for 6 hours. He then spent another 8 hours in the waiting room because the doctors thought he wouldn't survive so he should be treated last. He also lost 42% of his brain.
It seems there's always going to be some people who survive what should be unsurvivable, like Alcides Moreno, for instance.
I would say not to worry about it. These are rare cases for a reason. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any details regarding the exact extent of his injuries and what made them survivable, but in any case his case is a one-in-a-million, and wasn't point blank, as suicides are.

Obvious

Obvious

Jun 3, 2023
Does anyone know about obtaining a gun as a foreigner in the US? I'd like to die in a certain place with a gun and its hard where I live. I've heard about hunting licenses but I don't know enough. Is it unrealistic?

R

rollingthunder

May 3, 2023
I've read through most of this thread and watched a couple videos and from what I gather, if I use a shotgun with 12g #00 buckshot and put it in my mouth, with the barrel aimed at the back of my mouth, the angle of the barrel really doesn't matter much because it will simply blow my whole skull open. Is this correct?

Police helicopter footage of someone who shot themselves by shotgun. Skip to 0:55. This is essentially what I imagine will happen, so 20 degrees versus 30 degrees, etc, doesn't matter much, if I'm guessing correctly? That kind of stuff would matter more for things like a handgun or a rifle.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
ah i wish i was american so bad!!! i like guns in general bc theyre cool looking, but theyre so convenient to get over there (curse and a blessing lol), im in england and ive def considered it since i know a few guys with guns over here (got threatened with one) but id hate to think of the mess id leave behind... i know a pretty good way to hold the gun from some less than savoury conversations ive seen on a different forum entirely, but i think id still freak too much to do it. thank you for this thread though! very very helpful and informative :D may come back to it in future if im still too dumb to figure out another method!

DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
I have only read halfway through this thread/sub-forum, but didn't plan to give any input/comments/questions, etc. ... until I was done reading all post.

But, I feel the video below is well worth posting ASAP, assuming it hasn't been shared. Not trying to discourage anyone, but most definitely real deal info to consider!

(If I violated any rules by posting the video in which could damage the website or expose any kind of privacy for myself or this community, please report/remove my post if needed, thanks!)

Reactions: suffering_mo_7
STTP

STTP

Straight To The Point
Oct 10, 2023
ah i wish i was american so bad!!! i like guns in general bc theyre cool looking, but theyre so convenient to get over there (curse and a blessing lol), im in england and ive def considered it since i know a few guys with guns over here (got threatened with one) but id hate to think of the mess id leave behind... i know a pretty good way to hold the gun from some less than savoury conversations ive seen on a different forum entirely, but i think id still freak too much to do it. thank you for this thread though! very very helpful and informative :D may come back to it in future if im still too dumb to figure out another method!
You're missin out! Haha. Love my guns, always have - there's something strangely intimate about holding a mass of steel with the power to take a life so easily. It feels like humans have finally gotten a hold of some forbidden fruit. You're right about the mess though, but closed casket is probably my style even though I'm so attention-seeking.

• Love
Reactions: toro
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I have only read halfway through this thread/sub-forum, but didn't plan to give any input/comments/questions, etc. ... until I was done reading all post.

But, I feel the video below is well worth posting ASAP, assuming it hasn't been shared. Not trying to discourage anyone, but most definitely real deal info to consider!

(If I violated any rules by posting the video in which could damage the website or expose any kind of privacy for myself or this community, please report/remove my post if needed, thanks!)

He made more than one mistake here, so I'll go through it, mostly to save everyone else from going through a several minute video just to see what he did wrong.
Used a 9mm, which will do the job, but is pretty much the bare minimum if you ask me.
Was drunk at the time, so he couldn't think straight and had more chances of screwing up his aim.
And he aimed straight up in his mouth, rather than at the brainstem. If how I'm imagining he aimed it is how he really did it, then it would've been just about as bad as sticking it under the chin. Through the mouth generally seems like the safest bet, but more aimed straight and slightly tilted up (refer to diagram for where you're supposed to hit, I use the ears as a reference point personally, if you were viewing from the side the gun should be pointed towards the ear)
I'm not the best at explaining things, so see this image, this is how it's done.
iwakura lain (serial experiments lain) | Danbooru

Reactions: majortom
DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
He made more than one mistake here, so I'll go through it, mostly to save everyone else from going through a several minute video just to see what he did wrong.
Used a 9mm, which will do the job, but is pretty much the bare minimum if you ask me.
Was drunk at the time, so he couldn't think straight and had more chances of screwing up his aim.
And he aimed straight up in his mouth, rather than at the brainstem. If how I'm imagining he aimed it is how he really did it, then it would've been just about as bad as sticking it under the chin. Through the mouth generally seems like the safest bet, but more aimed straight and slightly tilted up (refer to diagram for where you're supposed to hit, I use the ears as a reference point personally, if you were viewing from the side the gun should be pointed towards the ear)
I'm not the best at explaining things, so see this image, this is how it's done.
iwakura lain (serial experiments lain) | Danbooru

Thanks for your feedback. I always thought that it was better to hold it the upside down way, rather than the picture you posted. (mainly due to the infamous live politician video)

this video really shocked me honestly. because I haven't read any articles, seen any videos, nor heard of any real life experiences ... in which a person used the mouth and survived. (but then I've only read halfway, and continue to finish it up to absorb as much info as I can)

on another note, it seems that those who have survived, eventually pass out and don't feel any pain. The only pain they seem to have if any, would be the post treatment at the hospital, which I'm sure is alleviated with a lot of pain medications.

similar to survivors I have known in motorcycle & major car accidents. seems that your brain will become unconscious due to the shock/trauma. and if they do remember anything, they only recall up to the point where crash happened. (hopefully this can help those who are concerned about conscious pain)

looking forward to more opinions, feedback, or questions dealing with this scenario. especially from the OP as well as experienced users on here. thanks.

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Thanks for your feedback. I always thought that it was better to hold it the upside down way, rather than the picture you posted. (mainly due to the infamous live politician video)

this video really shocked me honestly. because I haven't read any articles, seen any videos, nor heard of any real life experiences ... in which a person used the mouth and survived. (but then I've only read halfway, and continue to finish it up to absorb as much info as I can)

on another note, it seems that those who have survived, eventually pass out and don't feel any pain. The only pain they seem to have if any, would be the post treatment at the hospital, which I'm sure is alleviated with a lot of pain medications.

similar to survivors I have known in motorcycle & major car accidents. seems that your brain will become unconscious due to the shock/trauma. and if they do remember anything, they only recall up to the point where crash happened. (hopefully this can help those who are concerned about conscious pain)

looking forward to more opinions, feedback, or questions dealing with this scenario. especially from the OP as well as experienced users on here. thanks.
The politician in question used a .357 Magnum revolver, way more powerful than the Glock 26 pistol used by the guy in the video you posted.
Surviving an attempt via gunshot is extremely difficult, especially when you consider that most people attempt suicide when alone with no one else even in the house, so even if they shot themselves in a potentially survivable way, they would still fall unconscious and likely end up bleeding out, even if they didn't shoot very well.

DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
The politician in question used a .357 Magnum revolver, way more powerful than the Glock 26 pistol used by the guy in the video you posted.
Surviving an attempt via gunshot is extremely difficult, especially when you consider that most people attempt suicide when alone with no one else even in the house, so even if they shot themselves in a potentially survivable way, they would still fall unconscious and likely end up bleeding out, even if they didn't shoot very well.

I most definitely agree with all your feedback! and after watching the video again on his explanation, it seems as if he shot himself from his hard palate through his nose. which is similar to a vertical chin shot, as you mentioned before.

so it seems that he most likely missed his whole brain completely? there's a lot of details that are missing from his explanation that we would want to know more, but of course his doctor's not there to tell us, lol.

I believe the evaluation from these recent post especially from @leloyon has given more substance and confidence in understanding this survival.

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
I most definitely agree with all your feedback! and after watching the video again on his explanation, it seems as if he shot himself from his hard palate through his nose. which is similar to a vertical chin shot, as you mentioned before.

so it seems that he most likely missed his whole brain completely? there's a lot of details that are missing from his explanation that we would want to know more, but of course his doctor's not there to tell us, lol.

I believe the evaluation from these recent post especially from @leloyon has given more substance and confidence in understanding this survival.
I tried to recreate how he was holding the gun myself (without any actual gun, basically just miming it) and yes, there is a good chance he really missed the whole brain. I believe he opened his mouth and basically aimed the gun straight up, probably only tilted ever so slightly if at all, to the point where he probably fired directly behind his front teeth. This explains the damage to the roof of his mouth, his nose, his eyes and the lack of brain damage, at most the bullet could have hit the front of his brain, if unimpeded by the countless other things it had to go through first, and the bullet he used (Jacketed Hollow Point) isn't made for penetration and going through a bunch of things, it's meant to break up inside someone, however after recreating this on myself a few times I believe it was more likely to have just went through the roof of his mouth and hit him in the nose, and then if the bullet was still going perhaps graze his forehead, if that.
For those who want to look into it yourself, the video we are discussing is further up on this page, his explanation starts roughly 3:40 into the video. Also a reminder that there is a diagram showing the part of the brain where one is meant to hit on the first page of this thread.
You're missin out! Haha. Love my guns, always have - there's something strangely intimate about holding a mass of steel with the power to take a life so easily. It feels like humans have finally gotten a hold of some forbidden fruit. You're right about the mess though, but closed casket is probably my style even though I'm so attention-seeking.
I envy people who can get guns freely, especially Americans who can buy almost anything with no issue (keyword being almost, though if you pay the ATF enough and file enough paperwork then you can get access to whatever).
Damn, a fellow Brit who can actually access guns? Lucky.
I mean, I got a couple ideas, but it'll be some long and hard work before I would ever be able to hold a firearm.

Last edited:
DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
I tried to recreate how he was holding the gun myself (without any actual gun, basically just miming it) and yes, there is a good chance he really missed the whole brain. I believe he opened his mouth and basically aimed the gun straight up, probably only tilted ever so slightly if at all, to the point where he probably fired directly behind his front teeth. This explains the damage to the roof of his mouth, his nose, his eyes and the lack of brain damage, at most the bullet could have hit the front of his brain, if unimpeded by the countless other things it had to go through first, and the bullet he used (Jacketed Hollow Point) isn't made for penetration and going through a bunch of things, it's meant to break up inside someone, however after recreating this on myself a few times I believe it was more likely to have just went through the roof of his mouth and hit him in the nose, and then if the bullet was still going perhaps graze his forehead, if that.
For those who want to look into it yourself, the video we are discussing is further up on this page, his explanation starts roughly 3:40 into the video. Also a reminder that there is a diagram showing the part of the brain where one is meant to hit on the first page of this thread.

I envy people who can get guns freely, especially Americans who can buy almost anything with no issue (keyword being almost, though if you pay the ATF enough and file enough paperwork then you can get access to whatever).

Damn, a fellow Brit who can actually access guns? Lucky.
I mean, I got a couple ideas, but it'll be some long and hard work before I would ever be able to hold a firearm.

I totally agree with your evaluation! it just makes sense! What alarmed me in the beginning is when he said, "hollow point 9mm;" and in his "mouth" as well as the term "soft palate". but after reading through the lines, he most likely meant to say "hard palate or roof of mouth". (makes me wonder if he was ever on here, or the trolls wanted him to use the word "soft palate", lol.)

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Only now have I realized lain knew exactly where to aim... damn. She'd be here w us for sure lol
I wouldn't be surprised if she would've been here, or some equivalent site, if she were real in this world.

DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if she would've been here, or some equivalent site, if she were real in this world.
to add on to the humor, I don't know much about anime, but I'm assuming this is Japanese. Japan has the highest suicide rate if I'm not mistaken, and they are known to be the best engineers across the world.

put 2 and 2 together ... this seems like the ideal geometrical image, 🤣. 🤷

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
to add on to the humor, I don't know much about anime, but I'm assuming this is Japanese. Japan has the highest suicide rate if I'm not mistaken, and they are known to be the best engineers across the world.

put 2 and 2 together ... this seems like the ideal geometrical image, 🤣. 🤷
According to the WHO, as of 2019 they were 84th place.
They are pretty known for suicide, though. And this girl was pretty talented with computers and electronics (making a huge computer setup in both the anime and game, being a skilled hacker in both, and in the game building a giant fuck off robot) so yeah, probably right.

Reactions: DeepCD
DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
According to the WHO, as of 2019 they were 84th place.
They are pretty known for suicide, though. And this girl was pretty talented with computers and electronics (making a huge computer setup in both the anime and game, being a skilled hacker in both, and in the game building a giant fuck off robot) so yeah, probably right.

and I'm pretty sure that before technologies, cameras, & etc ... as well as very strict modern gun control in 1st world countries like Japan. and how things have been caged off or protected for preventing popular suicide sites, ex. The Japanese version of The Golden gate bridge, & etc..

including Japan culture, so many CEOs have jumped off buildings. beheaded in ancient times as a respected act dealing with shame (or something along those lines).

I guess my theoretical point is from my experience with information from the past. they used to be #1, or one of the Tops. and other countries having advantage on the statistics, especially now, due to easier access to a guns legally & illegally, as well as higher birth rates, & etc..

but at the moment it looks like SKorea is the new Japan when it comes to suicide. and I know this doesn't have to deal with this particular thread, but ...

a wise economical person once said something along the lines of, ... it makes sense Seoul is like that at the moment. as we know South Korea has suddenly took the world by storm with their K-pop, Hyundai's, Samsungs, Kia, LGs, and the list goes on. when a country starts becoming rich at such an alarming rate, there will be dishonesty, selfish power, tremendous pressure, and there will be fierce competition with no remorse for those who are truly honest. an economy doesn't grow this fast without innocent people suffering.

and that's my 2 cents about why SKorea is at #3. and as you should know in Oriental Type Asian countries (omitting India, the Middle East, & etc..), no one can own a gun except for the military, if I'm not mistaken. there's no firearm hunting, no gun range, etc... owning a gun is like owning a bomb compared to other countries (though I'm sure that's an extreme exaggeration, 🤷)

but then this is just my perception from my experiences. and if you are from any of these countries be sure to correct me on my evaluations. thanks for reading! and being part of the conversation!

FYI, they are higher than 84th place. they are 84th in alphabetical order, 🙃. using the 1985-2019 analysis: Seoul is #3, Japan@17, US@28, & UK@42, etc..

Last edited:
leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
and I'm pretty sure that before technologies, cameras, & etc ... as well as very strict modern gun control in 1st world countries like Japan. and how things have been caged off or protected for preventing popular suicide sites, ex. The Japanese version of The Golden gate bridge, & etc..

including Japan culture, so many CEOs have jumped off buildings. beheaded in ancient times as a respected act dealing with shame (or something along those lines).

I guess my theoretical point is from my experience with information from the past. they used to be #1, or one of the Tops. and other countries having advantage on the statistics, especially now, due to easier access to a guns legally & illegally, as well as higher birth rates, & etc..

but at the moment it looks like SKorea is the new Japan when it comes to suicide. and I know this doesn't have to deal with this particular thread, but ...

a wise economical person once said something along the lines of, ... it makes sense Seoul is like that at the moment. as we know South Korea has suddenly took the world by storm with their K-pop, Hyundai's, Samsungs, Kia, LGs, and the list goes on. when a country starts becoming rich at such an alarming rate, there will be dishonesty, selfish power, tremendous pressure, and there will be fierce competition with no remorse for those who are truly honest. an economy doesn't grow this fast without innocent people suffering.

and that's my 2 cents about why SKorea is at #3. and as you should know in Oriental Type Asian countries (omitting India, the Middle East, & etc..), no one can own a gun except for the military, if I'm not mistaken. there's no firearm hunting, no gun range, etc... owning a gun is like owning a bomb compared to other countries (though I'm sure that's an extreme exaggeration, 🤷)

but then this is just my perception from my experiences. and if you are from any of these countries be sure to correct me on my evaluations. thanks for reading! and being part of the conversation!

FYI, they are higher than 84th place. they are 84th in alphabetical order, 🙃. using the 1985-2019 analysis: Seoul is #3, Japan@17, US@28, & UK@42, etc..
Ah shit, my bad, I didn't look too hard at the wikipedia page.