• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I actually had to look up Almodovar. I need a new foreign director in my life. I remember some of his titles, but I didn't see them. I broke up with Lars Von Trier recently. He's always subversive, but he used to do it to get a point across or exaggerate emotions. I felt like his last flick, The House that Jack Built, was way too meta-cognitive and bordered on self-congratulatory.
Try Denis Villeneuve, or Guillermo Del Toro, or Nick Winding Refn. All make endlessly watchable movies.
A young boy, devastated over the murder of his mother, swears vengeance. But first, he must travel across the stars to acquire a machine-body.
Another hint, please?

Last edited:
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Another hint, please?

After the murder of his mother, he meets a woman that has an uncanny resemblance to his mom. This woman agrees to pay for his fare towards the planet where they issue the machine-bodies, yet she hides a darker intent.

It was made in 1979 and is based on a TV series

it's an animated film

K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
An exceptional man wrongfully convicted for murdering his wife and her lover experiences the daily trials of jail life, leaving a hell of a mark

Reactions: Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Hmm Crimson Tide? my final guess :-)
That would fit the description, but no. I've clearly been too vague so here's a revised description and some clues:

The General of a US military base loses his sanity and initiates events that could lead to world war 3.

It was filmed in black & white even though colour film was available at the time
It's a comedy
One of the greatest British comedians of the last century played several roles in the film
An exceptional man wrongfully convicted for murdering his wife and her lover experiences the daily trials of jail life, leaving a hell of a mark
The Shawshank Redemption

@Orin Didn't @blanketyblk get this one?
Galaxy Express 999

Last edited:
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
what about just a quote from a movie

"God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs.
God creates man. Man destroys god.
Man creates dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth."

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019

Man creates dinosaurs.
Easy to search. Also has to be from the Jurassic franchise. Jurassic World :blarg:

Reactions: blanketyblk
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

Man creates dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park? I seem to remember that from the book, but I can't remember hearing it in the movie.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
well the movie is quite old..
So am I :pfff:

I did the search to cofirm which one of the Jurassic films it was, and the first result was Jurassic World on twitter. As that's one of the film names, I went with that without checking further /doh

• Love
Reactions: blanketyblk
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
So am I :pfff:

I did the search to cofirm which one of the Jurassic films it was, and the first result was Jurassic World on twitter. As that's one of the film names, I went with that without checking further /doh
Only reason i remember it was because of Laura Dern. big time crush growing up lol

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Are French films allowed? An aspiring young actor messes his life up. His mentor, an eldery actor, sagely advises him: "The British have a saying: Fuck you all."

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Are French films allowed? An aspiring young actor messes his life up. His mentor, an eldery actor, sagely advises him: "The British have a saying: Fuck you all."
sure, we can give it a try :-)

Reactions: Soul
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
noo. i racked my brain on this one. but no.. i'm out :-)

• Aww..
Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
noo. i racked my brain on this one. but no.. i'm out :-)

Thank you for trying. I have no idea what film it is but I dearly love that line and have been trying to track the film down for ages. I was hopeful that one of you learned cinephiles could help.

Last edited:
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Try Denis Villeneuve, or Guillermo Del Toro, or Nick Winding Refn. All make endlessly watchable movies.

Another hint, please?
Del Toro was a favorite for quite awhile. Pan's Labryinth is one of my favorite movies of all time! Even though I don't speak Spanish, I know almost every line of that movie. Devil's Backbone is great too. I love listening to him speak in interviews, he is just an interesting person. He has a house just to store his books and movies. How can I get his life? There's actually a couple of his I haven't seen, not because I don't want to. I'm just saving for a rainy day!

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Here's another. One of my favourite sci-fi films...

The renegade crew of a spaceship sheltering an escaped telepath is on the run from a deadly assassin sent to recapture her.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Here's another. One of my favourite sci-fi films...

The renegade crew of a spaceship sheltering an escaped telepathy is on the run from a deadly assassin sent to recapture her.
ooh this has to be Serenity. that movie was awesome.. so liked firefly in it's day!

• Love