• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Sort of... there's only so many dystopias explicitly set in a somewhat recognizable form of Britain (the only other one I can think of is 1984).
There are a few others that spring to mind - Children of Men, Brazil, A Clockwork Orange, and the more recent The Lobster - but you're right, not that many. I'm finding it difficult to get the balance right. Some of my previous attempts have proved too difficult.

Wanna throw one up there?

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
There are a few others that spring to mind - Children of Men, Brazil, A Clockwork Orange, and the more recent The Lobster - but you're right, not that many. I'm finding it difficult to get the balance right. Some of my previous attempts have proved too difficult.

Wanna throw one up there?
Damn, all of them are currently on my to-watch list. I always thought the 1st 3 you mentioned were set in the USA.

Here goes:
A young girl goes to LA to fulfill her dreams and becomes the center of attention due to her beauty.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Wild stab in the dark, but it's not Mulholland Drive by any chance?

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Wild stab in the dark, but it's not Mulholland Drive by any chance?
No, it isn't. It's not nearly as... subtle. Here are some hints:
Released in 2016, it was accompanied by a note from the director comparing himself to a 16-year old girl.
The movie received both boos and a standing ovation at Cannes.

The Neon Demon.
I remember watching this about a year ago at my club's booth for the college's cultural fest. It's got enough flashing lights to be a strobe film, and it doesn't know how to not be a garish, overly stylized piece.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I was on a hiding to nothing there. Haven't seen it, although I vaguely remember reading the plot before deciding not to download it :shy:

Forgot to mention - add The Lobster to your list if you haven't seen it yet.

I'll see if I can come up with something between obscure and obvious for my next one

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I was on a hiding to nothing there. Haven't seen it, although I vaguely remember reading the plot before deciding not to download it :shy:
The film's saving grace is how endlessly enjoyable it is to watch. Yes, it might sound absurd, but despite the glacial pace, long runtime, wafer-thin plot and icky stuff, it's never boring.

Forgot to mention - add The Lobster to your list if you haven't seen it yet.
I will. I've got some time at hand next month, will probably spend it watching stuff like that.

Reactions: Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Let's try this. It's not really the plot, but there should be enough information to identify the film:

A baby girl is left at an orphanage. Over time, she comes to realise that she is both her own mother and father.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
The real face behind a terrorist organization is revealed: an ancient race of humanoids plans the conquest of earth by transforming mankind into savage, mindless beasts.
Let me have a think about that. In the meantime, I'll provide the deductions you can make from mine

A baby girl is left at an orphanage. Over time, she comes to realise that she is both her own mother and father.
Time travel is involved. The girl has a baby. As she is also the father, she changes sex at some point in the future and meets her younger self. And the baby, being herself, is taken from her and sent back into the past to be left on the steps of the orphanage.

I can provide additional clues if required.

Reactions: Orin
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Time travel is involved. The girl has a baby. As she is also the father, she changes sex at some point in the future and meets her younger self. And the baby, being herself, is taken from her and sent back into the past to be left on the steps of the orphanage.

I can provide additional clues if required.

I swear i've seen this movie! I think there was an explosion/accident and she had to get facial surgery or something. I just can't remember the title...

edit:
Predestination...?

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I swear i've seen this movie! I think there was an explosion/accident and she had to get facial surgery or something. I just can't remember the title...

edit:
Predestination...?
Bingo! Bedtime, but I'll be back

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Here's an oldie but a goodie: An isolated surgeon, emotionally detached but obsessed with a woman he had a brief affair with, ends up saving her from a hit and run accident in front of his house. As he helps her heal, he falls deeply in love with her, but terrified she will leave. He completes a series of gruesome surgeries on her to prevent her from ever leaving. However, no matter how much he disables her physical body, she remains an emotional dominatrix throughout. It ends with a 10th grade "deus ex machine" plot device - it was all just a dream.

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Here's an oldie but a goodie: An isolated surgeon, emotionally detached but obsessed with a woman he had a brief affair with, ends up saving her from a hit and run accident in front of his house. As he helps her heal, he falls deeply in love with her, but terrified she will leave. He completes a series of gruesome surgeries on her to prevent her from ever leaving. However, no matter how much he disables her physical body, she remains an emotional dominatrix throughout. It ends with a 10th grade "deus ex machine" plot device - it was all just a dream.
The Skin I Live In (La piel que habito)?

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Ding. But I always wondered. about The Skin I Live In, is it good? I'm a big horror fan, but just feel like the genre has been on overload since about 2007.
i like a good original horror but saturated with sequels and reboots nowadays or half naked college girls running about in the woods being chased by a slasher

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Ding. But I always wondered. about The Skin I Live In, is it good? I'm a big horror fan, but just feel like the genre has been on overload since about 2007.
It's got a high rating on imdb and I did download it but never got around to watching it.

Horror movies generally don't really appeal to me, with a few exceptions (Cube, Triangle...), so I'm out of my depth in that genre.

K

Kaput

Here, now
Apr 10, 2019
It's good, esp. if you enjoy Almodovar. (I actually saw it in theater, and he was there.) Im no horror fan though - it was much more psychological.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
A movie we watched at school.

"it's about rabbits searching for a new home, one of the rabbits can sense the future. they have to survive many obstacles in the journey to finding a new warren. rivers, predators and death"

Last edited:
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I like Asian horror movies , they are often very strange , very gory , very scary and very original

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
It's good, esp. if you enjoy Almodovar. (I actually saw it in theater, and he was there.) Im no horror fan though - it was much more psychological.
You know what, I confused this with Let the Right One In - that's about a vampire, I think. Although after The Things We Do In the Shadows I may never take a vampire seriously again.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
You know what, I confused this with Let the Right One In - that's about a vampire, I think. Although after The Things We Do In the Shadows I may never take a vampire seriously again.
I actually had to look up Almodovar. I need a new foreign director in my life. I remember some of his titles, but I didn't see them. I broke up with Lars Von Trier recently. He's always subversive, but he used to do it to get a point across or exaggerate emotions. I felt like his last flick, The House that Jack Built, was way too meta-cognitive and bordered on self-congratulatory.

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jan 16, 2019
got it in one... it's a fantastic and so very sad movie!, the music score is what i remember, our band at school did a concert playing most of the songs.
Girl, I was all over that shit in 5th grade. I read the book when it came out, I saw the original cartoon movie as it aired on TV, and recently I watched the Netflix remake. I was a little meh over that one, probably because I love the book and movie so much from my childhood. It's actually a very adult-themed book. People didn't know what to make of it when it first came out.
It's got a high rating on imdb and I did download it but never got around to watching it.

Horror movies generally don't really appeal to me, with a few exceptions (Cube, Triangle...), so I'm out of my depth in that genre.
Cube is definitely on my list.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Girl, I was all over that shit in 5th grade. I read the book when it came out, I saw the original cartoon movie as it aired on TV, and recently I watched the Netflix remake. I was a little meh over that one, probably because I love the book and movie so much from my childhood. It's actually a very adult-themed book. People didn't know what to make of it when it first came out.
Quoted for the truth!! i was 13 we when watched it at school and by the end of it. Everyone was crying. (yep fucked up school). It's a very hard movie to take in and at that age it really struck home about the sense of loss. Of course i didn't know then how much loss actually hurts.

Haven't watched the new version o fit yet. but i do plan on it soon. Just need to have a bottle of scotch and some tissues ready :)

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
A mother and her two sons move to a small coast town in California. The town is plagued by bikers and some mysterious deaths. The younger boy makes friends with two other boys the older boy is drawn into the gang of bikers by a beautiful girl. The older boy starts sleeping days and staying out all night while the younger boy starts getting into trouble because of his friends' obsession.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
A mother and her two sons move to a small coast town in California. The town is plagued by bikers and some mysterious deaths. The younger boy makes friends with two other boys the older boy is drawn into the gang of bikers by a beautiful girl. The older boy starts sleeping days and staying out all night while the younger boy starts getting into trouble because of his friends' obsession.
Gotta be The Lost Boys