• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

goober

Aug 3, 2022
To connect the regulator with a standard N₂ connection to the connection of the disposable cylinder? Maybe you could find an adapter, but you have to be sure that it is prepared to support the cylinder's pressure (which is very high). There are adapters capable of this, like the air-to-nitrogen adapters that the people who build SCBA/SCUBA setups use which support 200 or even 300 bar.
What would happen if it couldn't support the cylinder's pressure? I've found a regulator & adapter, but I can't be sure if it'll support the high pressure

esoragoto

esoragoto

The 1000th summer—
May 23, 2020
Is it still necessary to sit up in a chair if using an EEBD hood, 3M versico hood, or similar? Or is it acceptable to lie down with them since they can clear CO2 more efficiently than the exit bag? Would it depend on which gas you're using? (I haven't decided on a specific gas yet - I know helium>nitrogen>argon generally, but ease of obtaining is also a concern.)

Ideally, I'd like to go lying down in bed if it's possible.

Reactions: Endex
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Is it still necessary to sit up in a chair if using an EEBD hood, 3M versico hood, or similar? Or is it acceptable to lie down with them since they can clear CO2 more efficiently than the exit bag?
Depends if the system has CO₂ exhalation valves (SCBA, EEBD) or it relies on the flow rate for CO₂ purging (3M hood, ExitBag).

Would it depend on which gas you're using?
No.

I haven't decided on a specific gas yet - I know helium>nitrogen>argon generally, but ease of obtaining is also a concern.
Generally you should avoid using a gas in a regulator made for a different gas.

G

goober

Aug 3, 2022
It seems to be extremely hard to find an adapter that fits and M10 thread. What I'm confused about is that the PPeH recommends the disposable cylinder, then it recommends this one particular regulator. I would think it'd specify if you couldn't use it with the disposable cylinder, right?

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Yeah it's a really weird recommendation, that web also sell cylinders with a standard connection tho.

Last edited:
J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
I am a new member from Australia. I have never had any dealings with inert gases and completely baffled by all the technical comments on here.
I have found a site to purchase the nitrogen here in Australia but am totally confused regarding regulators and flow meters. Forgive me as l am an elderly woman and cannot ask any of my family. Is there anyone out there that can advise me? I would be so grateful for any input

M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
Hi guys, what position is best to do ctb this way?, I have two options sitting on a camping chair or lying on a blanket. I'm just thinking if I convulse will it be better if lay down?

H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
Can the nitrogen cylinder be stored outside? During cold winter days and hot summer days?

J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
I agree; the setup and the procurement of equipment are more involved than most.
I am a new member, 65+ woman who has never had any dealings with inert gases.l am so confused regarding all these different regulators and flow meters and was hoping you might be able to advise me. My choice would be nitrogen which l can easily get here but what size? I have also seen cheaper regulators but should l buy more expensive. Any advice would be much appreciated
I believe the inlet connection standard for Belgium is DIN477 No. 10. You may wish to check my blog for confirmation. Best, G
I am a new member, could you please let me know how to find your blog

Last edited:
Reactions: Endex and goober
J

jolongone

Student
Feb 24, 2023
I live in
I am a new member, 65+ woman who has never had any dealings with inert gases.l am so confused regarding all these different regulators and flow meters and was hoping you might be able to advise me. My choice would be nitrogen which l can easily get here but what size? I have also seen cheaper regulators but should l buy more expensive. Any advice would be much appreciated

I am a new member, could you please let me know how to read your blog. Thank you

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Hi GasMonkey is this everything that is needed? what about flow meter? Also is this suitable for Australia?
Nope, you also need an air-to-nitrogen adapter to be able to connect the SCBA regulator (DIN#13 in most of the world) to a Nitrogen cylinder (AS2473 Type 50 in Australia). I don't know if such adapter exists (probably not).

what about flow meter?
That's a SCBA setup, doesn't need a flow meter, it doesn't work on constant flow.

Also is this suitable for Australia?
If you find a DIN#13 to AS2473 Type 50 air-to-nitrogen adapter, it would work, but such adapter probably doesn't exist. To implement the SCBA + air-to-nitrogen adapter setup you need to be sure that such adapter exists for your region.

Your best bet would be an EEBD Kit (which has an Australian version) from the Canadian source.

what size?
5L 200bar is the most balanced size.
2.8 (99.8%) purity rating or higher, ideally 5.0 (99.999%).
Mine is 4.0 (99.99%).

Hi guys, what position is best to do ctb this way?
If using a homemade ExitBag, reclined.

Can the nitrogen cylinder be stored outside? During cold winter days and hot summer days?
Yep, in fact that's the recommended way to store them, outside.

Last edited:
I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
What is the minimum tank size recommended for this method? I find anything over 10l really bulky and difficult to transport

I

itsallpointless

Experienced
Feb 9, 2023
Sorry a bit confused. I bought a 3.5l 150 bar. Does this translate to 525l, or a flow rate of 15l/min for 35 minutes?

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
M

MelodyCymbal

Jan 21, 2023
I am a new member from Australia. I have never had any dealings with inert gases and completely baffled by all the technical comments on here.
I have found a site to purchase the nitrogen here in Australia but am totally confused regarding regulators and flow meters. Forgive me as l am an elderly woman and cannot ask any of my family. Is there anyone out there that can advise me? I would be so grateful for any input
I'm aLeo new but feel free to start a conversation with me (it's a way to send mail). Also, have you heard of the Peaceful Pill Handbook (PPH) published by Exit International? If you go the resources section of this site there's a link to a copy of the print version. There's a chapter on Inert Gases & Exit Bag. Even better, if you go to Exit International's website and subscribe to the online edition of the 2023 PPH you will have online access to the ebook which contains videos of how to make an Exit Bag & how to attach it to the gas cylinder and go through the process.
You could try AL13xpr3ss or AL1B4b4, but keep in mind that not all possible adapters exist.

Argon is the worst inert gas to use with the ExitBag due to its weight (less eficient CO₂ purging).
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/x.79943/#post-1430861
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/x.79943/#post-1682926
The best gas for the ExitBag is Helium (huge weight difference with CO₂) followed by Nitrogen. The most common CTB gas nowadays is Nitrogen. Helium supply is dwindling since it cannot be manufactured. The PPeH says that Argon is viable for CTBing tho.

That's 33 minutes at 15 LPM, more than enough.

No, you need a good flow rate for CO₂ purging, which was determined at 15 LPM on EXIT International's tests:

View attachment 105086

Note that these tests were made using Air (which has around the same weight as Nitrogen) for obvious reasons (the human test subject would die using real inert gas).

I have seen a notable number of people having problems with Argon and I'm starting to suspect that it requires a higher flow rate than the other 2 gases (Helium and Nitrogen) due to its superior weight.
What do you think the flow rate should be adjusted to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mare Imbrium
M

MelodyCymbal

Jan 21, 2023
Here's a link to the resources section that has a link to the PPH with chapter on inert gas & exit bag: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Is anyone else really keen on this method but feel its mind bogglingly hard to sort out? 😂

@GasMonkey needs to do an online youtube tutorial from start to finish in layman's terms 🙌🏻

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
What do you think the flow rate should be adjusted to?
With a homemade ExitBag + Argon? I'd go with 20 or 25 LPM instead of the Classic 15.

Is anyone else really keen on this method but feel its mind bogglingly hard to sort out? 😂

@GasMonkey needs to do an online youtube tutorial from start to finish in layman's terms 🙌🏻
Tutorial for what? the ExitBag? that's already done in the inert gas chapter of the PPeH and PPH Essentials, even with plans to craft the bag.
The newer implementations (SCBA and EEBD) don't need any tutorials coz you just have to connect them to the cylinder, pre-fill and breath. 😆

Last edited:
M

MelodyCymbal

Jan 21, 2023
With a homemade ExitBag + Argon? I'd go with 20 or 25 LPM instead of the Classic 15.

Tutorial for what? the ExitBag? that's already done in the inert gas chapter of the PPeH and PPH Essentials, even with plans to craft the bag.
The newer implementations (SCBA and EEBD) don't need any tutorials coz you just have to connect them to the cylinder, pre-fill and breath. 😆
How are the PPH Essemtials & PPeH different? Do you think argon would work better with an EEBD instead of Exit Bag or 3M and why?