• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

genericuser

genericuser

Student
Feb 9, 2022
Has anyone ordered the nitrogen regulator from WT Farley? I was wondering if it would work? I've searched through posts mentioning WT Farley on this site and everyone has said that they only sell to businesses. However, it seems that I was able to reach the checkout page and enter information to place an order.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
When I was initially looking for a click-style nitrogen regulator, WT Farley was the first place I checked. I went through the whole checkout process but received an email that they can not sell the regulator to me -- a consumer -- nor be able to ship to a residential address. Even after speaking with the sales rep in length, he mentioned there are no exceptions. Perhaps, you may have better luck than I.

Incidentally, the regulator connector you require should be CGA580 and not CGA960. CGA960 is intended for yoke-valve small cylinders. Generally speaking, gas suppliers are very suspicious of filling a yoke cylinder with nitrogen.

Best, G

• Love
Reactions: genericuser
R

royFF911

Feb 23, 2022
Not sure why this method is difficult for some. Today I did a test run using a 220L bottle of N2 calibration gas connected to a full face SCUBA mask. I was holding the mask to my face and not strapped on. Within about 2 breaths I started getting tingling throughout my body and in about 20 seconds I'd dropped the mask and slumped to the floor. Maybe it's the full face mask that makes it work so well? Regardless, this seems like the perfect method to have at the ready, whenever I decide to deploy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurt and HardCore
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Not sure why this method is difficult for some. Today I did a test run using a 220L bottle of N2 calibration gas connected to a full face SCUBA mask. I was holding the mask to my face and not strapped on. Within about 2 breaths I started getting tingling throughout my body and in about 20 seconds I'd dropped the mask and slumped to the floor. Maybe it's the full face mask that makes it work so well? Regardless, this seems like the perfect method to have at the ready, whenever I decide to deploy it.
Nice. This is most likely my method too, though I will probably use argon since it's easier to find where I live.

Any buying advice on full-face scuba masks? Seems like a nice upgrade to the turkey bag, but I know next to nothing about diving equipment.

Last edited:
R

royFF911

Feb 23, 2022
Nice. This is most likely my method too, though I will probably use argon since it's easier to find where I live.

Any buying advice on full-face scuba masks? Seems like a nice upgrade to the turkey bag, but I know next to nothing about diving equipment.
I'm afraid I don't. I've had this thing for years sitting in a box up in the garage. I'm not even a diver (my dad was). When I got to thinking about inert gas I wondered why the SCUBA mask wouldn't work. Jury rigged a hose from the tank to the mask and it worked perfectly. It was a really nice feeling, I must say. If you're going to go out, go out feeling high as a kite.

Reactions: HardCore and NSA
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I have just compiled all the pages in this thread into a single PDF file, which you can download from this link. Any links that may exist in this thread are not clickable in the PDF file, unfortunately, since the PDF file is just a digital print-out of the thread.

The purpose of this PDF file is for safekeeping and reading later.

The PDF file is 192 MB.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and NSA
TheStandard

TheStandard

Feb 16, 2022
Not sure why this method is difficult for some.
Honestly, it's the regulator portion for most people, and it's the least talked about portion. Bag/Mask? Totally get it. Tank/connector? 100%. Regulator/flow valve? This is where my issue is.

NSA

NSA

Feb 21, 2022
Honestly, it's the regulator portion for most people, and it's the least talked about portion. Bag/Mask? Totally get it. Tank/connector? 100%. Regulator/flow valve? This is where my issue is.

Reactions: Anzhe and TheStandard
TheStandard

TheStandard

Feb 16, 2022

What I don't get is how to set the flow on those. Most of the videos I've seen don't REALLY go over that in a way that's clicked with my brain. I don't care about 15 vs 20. I'll do whatever does it best, even if that's 25, but, I just am not sure how to set this on those.

NSA

NSA

Feb 21, 2022
What I don't get is how to set the flow on those. Most of the videos I've seen don't REALLY go over that in a way that's clicked with my brain. I don't care about 15 vs 20. I'll do whatever does it best, even if that's 25, but, I just am not sure how to set this on those.
You just turn the knob on the regulator and watch the scale. Stop turning when it's coming out at the right flow.

It should make more sense when it's in front of you. They most likely come with setup instructions too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStandard
TheStandard

TheStandard

Feb 16, 2022

Ended up going to the welding supply store today to pick up the nitrogen tank, and they were able to get me squared away. My brain wouldn't let me think that it was just as simple as it is. Just gotta get the bag and hose setup, and then I'll be ready to CTB.

Reactions: Anzhe
NSA

NSA

Feb 21, 2022
Ended up going to the welding supply store today to pick up the nitrogen tank, and they were able to get me squared away. My brain wouldn't let me think that it was just as simple as it is. Just gotta get the bag and hose setup, and then I'll be ready to CTB.
That's great:D Did they ask any questions or want to know what you needed the nitrogen for? I have a whole list of excuses made up, but it would be real nice if i didn't have to actually use any of them.

Last edited:
TheStandard

TheStandard

Feb 16, 2022
That's great:D Did they ask any questions or want to know what you needed the nitrogen for? I have a whole list of excuses made up, but it would be real nice if i didn't have to actually use any of them.
I just told them that my roommate welds and makes beer, and asked me to grab him a bottle. Zero suspicion from them. To be honest, I don't think they cared much at all why I wanted it.

Reactions: Anzhe and NSA
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
About how much do the tanks weigh?

Reactions: bellaciao
W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
Hello there, I hope someone can help. I have the M dog regulator (I'm in UK). I followed the PPH book to the letter getting everything about two years ago. I have the smallish nitrogen tank - it's for about 25 mins. It's full and I have already tested the process. For some reason, even though I haven't been on here for a long long time, I thought I would just do a quick check in as I feel I can't carry on anymore. I thought I would a kind of final check in. I think I had the frights put into me reading the posts about the litres per minute flow rate needing to be 20lpm and the 60 mins of gas being needed. 😱. Anyway, I carried on reading the rest of the posts and I will have to stick with 15lpm.

The question is really with regards to the size of the tank. I do have the opportunity to collect locally a bigger tank. My current tank is 0.42m3 (Nearly 15 cubic feet). The larger one is approx 3 times that and is a 9l tank at 137 bar. On the M dog brewing site it says "MDB regulators are compatible with 20 cu ft Nitrogen cylinders. Cylinder pressure should not exceed 180 BAR". So I'm clear that the bigger cylinder would not exceed the 180 bar limit as it is 137. And because it explicitly says so I am taking that as a very specific instruction. however, it doesn't say it is NOT compatible with a cylinder over 20 cu ft. The larger 9l tank would be about 42 cubic feet. I have emailed them but I haven't heard. It feels to me like it shouldn't matter if there is more gas in the tank as long as the pressure does not exceed 180 bar - However I could be VERY wrong here. If anyone has a little bit more knowledge about this I will be very grateful. To be honest, I would rather not to go and collect a bigger tank and have to change the regulator from the smaller one to the bigger one. I can hardly get out of the house but I would manage the trip somehow if I had to. On the small tank I had to screw the regulator on really tightly and then unscrew it again and use a bit of Teflon tape on the thread as well as there was a tiny leak.( It definitely does not leak now and it has been dish soap tested). I thought the whole thing so stressful and if I had to unscrew it and fix it to a bigger tank it is causing me significant worry . However what is more important is that I get it right so if a bigger tank is better then I will definitely do that And make the trip. Originally I went with the recommended tank sizes on the PPH simply because I had no reason to question it. I am very grateful for any input specifically to this. Thank you

secondly - the bag I have is an oven bag and it's been tested and no leaks etc. I then became concerned (maybe I'm just worrying too much but of course it's an incredibly stressful time) that it is too ruffled at the bottom. The bags are quite crinkly and they do ruffle up At the bottom. It's still very snug with the elastic and toggle but obviously the ruffles do lead to small gaps. I'm also happy to source an LDPE bag or other medium duty polythene bag and make a new one but don't know if it's necessary. As I say, I was comfortable with everything (well as comfortable as one can be) before I logged on the other day! Now I feel a bit like I'm back at square one. I do have all the SN components but I do t think I could cope with the wait between taking the anti sickness and then the time frame to the SN itself. Also I will definitely need a drink!

sorry for the long post and I am VErY grateful for any input at this stage.

W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
I just thought I would say, the reason I haven't been on here for so long is because I've been trying to desperately get on with my life in any way I can. I stopped coming on here to look at posts because I just felt like I was bringing death into my life which wasnt a good thing for me and all I really wanted to do was live and live a beautiful full healthy happy life. I have so many beautiful things in my life but I just can't go for a walk any more. My heart has always been in the hills, hiking and being active and free. I certainly don't want to go into any details about how I have ended up almost bedbound and in this prison of a home - even though it is a lovely home. It is hard to appreciate the beauty of what is around when you really struggle to step out of the bed. All of this stuff that's going on in the world - I think to myself "I have so much here, there is no war raging outside my window, there is food in the fridge and it's warm and safe ". It makes me feel terrible that I can't feel that I can live with what I have. I'd give it up tomorrow to be able to go for a walk. i have tried really hard to think good things, trust and have faith. People on this forum were very helpful especially when I was having trouble with the regulator and getting it tight enough with no leak. I put everything away in the wardrobe and at times when I thought I couldn't take any more, I would get it out, test it and try and get some reassurance (even though it was a horrible experience) that somehow I could still have some control and end the suffering when I felt I really couldn't go on. I really do not know how I've got this far. I just wish - like I'm sure we all do - that we could wake up free of burdens and healthy or not wake up at all. thank you for listening.

• Love
Reactions: moloko plus and bitingthedust
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Hello there, I hope someone can help. I have the M dog regulator (I'm in UK). I followed the PPH book to the letter getting everything about two years ago. I have the smallish nitrogen tank - it's for about 25 mins. It's full and I have already tested the process. For some reason, even though I haven't been on here for a long long time, I thought I would just do a quick check in as I feel I can't carry on anymore. I thought I would a kind of final check in. I think I had the frights put into me reading the posts about the litres per minute flow rate needing to be 20lpm and the 60 mins of gas being needed. 😱. Anyway, I carried on reading the rest of the posts and I will have to stick with 15lpm.

The question is really with regards to the size of the tank. I do have the opportunity to collect locally a bigger tank. My current tank is 0.42m3 (Nearly 15 cubic feet). The larger one is approx 3 times that and is a 9l tank at 137 bar. On the M dog brewing site it says "MDB regulators are compatible with 20 cu ft Nitrogen cylinders. Cylinder pressure should not exceed 180 BAR". So I'm clear that the bigger cylinder would not exceed the 180 bar limit as it is 137. And because it explicitly says so I am taking that as a very specific instruction. however, it doesn't say it is NOT compatible with a cylinder over 20 cu ft. The larger 9l tank would be about 42 cubic feet. I have emailed them but I haven't heard. It feels to me like it shouldn't matter if there is more gas in the tank as long as the pressure does not exceed 180 bar - However I could be VERY wrong here. If anyone has a little bit more knowledge about this I will be very grateful. To be honest, I would rather not to go and collect a bigger tank and have to change the regulator from the smaller one to the bigger one. I can hardly get out of the house but I would manage the trip somehow if I had to. On the small tank I had to screw the regulator on really tightly and then unscrew it again and use a bit of Teflon tape on the thread as well as there was a tiny leak.( It definitely does not leak now and it has been dish soap tested). I thought the whole thing so stressful and if I had to unscrew it and fix it to a bigger tank it is causing me significant worry . However what is more important is that I get it right so if a bigger tank is better then I will definitely do that And make the trip. Originally I went with the recommended tank sizes on the PPH simply because I had no reason to question it. I am very grateful for any input specifically to this. Thank you

secondly - the bag I have is an oven bag and it's been tested and no leaks etc. I then became concerned (maybe I'm just worrying too much but of course it's an incredibly stressful time) that it is too ruffled at the bottom. The bags are quite crinkly and they do ruffle up At the bottom. It's still very snug with the elastic and toggle but obviously the ruffles do lead to small gaps. I'm also happy to source an LDPE bag or other medium duty polythene bag and make a new one but don't know if it's necessary. As I say, I was comfortable with everything (well as comfortable as one can be) before I logged on the other day! Now I feel a bit like I'm back at square one. I do have all the SN components but I do t think I could cope with the wait between taking the anti sickness and then the time frame to the SN itself. Also I will definitely need a drink!

sorry for the long post and I am VErY grateful for any input at this stage.
Hello Wiltshire -

I will address your gas volume concern. Presuming your 0.42m3 is full, you will have enough gas. Specifically, 0.42m3 equates to 420l; 420l / 15lpm= 28min. There are no doubts you have enough gas; there is no need to purchase a larger cylinder with more gas.

Please also note that you can use your regulator independent of cylinder volume, namely, your regulator will work with a cylinder greater than 20cf. Regulators are only specific to the gas used. Incidentally, 15lpm is the correct flow rate.

Finally, more research material is available on my blog (under my photo). I hope I was helpful.

Best, G

Reactions: Kurt and TheStandard
W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
Hello Wiltshire -

I will address your gas volume concern. Presuming your 0.42m3 is full, you will have enough gas. Specifically, 0.42m3 equates to 420l; 420l / 15lpm= 28min. There are no doubts you have enough gas; there is no need to purchase a larger cylinder with more gas.

Please also note that you can use your regulator independent of cylinder volume, namely, your regulator will work with a cylinder greater than 20cf. Regulators are only specific to the gas used. Incidentally, 15lpm is the correct flow rate.

Finally, more research material is available on my blog (under my photo). I hope I was helpful.

Best, G
Oh thank you so much. I'm in pieces at the moment - I dont think I can take in any more. . my cylinder was only 400l I think definitely no more - 2 litres at 200 bar. Funny that I only noticed on the M dog brewing site that the regulator was only for up to 180 bar yet my little tank is 200 bar. I'm pretty sure it never said that when I bought the regulator - anyway there has never been any problems during testing when clicking it up to 15lpm. I've used a few minutes up testing it but it is well in the green zone when I switch it on. I saw you had written a lot about this so thank you. I might get a bigger tank if I want to test some more but not sure I can cope with it all at the moment. I really appreciate your reply.

Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Oh thank you so much. I'm in pieces at the moment - I dont think I can take in any more. . my cylinder was only 400l I think definitely no more - 2 litres at 200 bar. Funny that I only noticed on the M dog brewing site that the regulator was only for up to 180 bar yet my little tank is 200 bar. I'm pretty sure it never said that when I bought the regulator - anyway there has never been any problems during testing when clicking it up to 15lpm. I've used a few minutes up testing it but it is well in the green zone when I switch it on. I saw you had written a lot about this so thank you. I might get a bigger tank if I want to test some more but not sure I can cope with it all at the moment. I really appreciate your reply.
Do be careful with overpressurizing your regulator. The supplier of your regulator is notorious for converting (lower pressure) oxygen regulators into nitrogen regulators (as can be seen on the pressure gauge). True nitrogen regulators are rated at 3000psi.

Reactions: Anzhe and TheStandard
W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
Do be careful with overpressurizing your regulator. The supplier of your regulator is notorious for converting (lower pressure) oxygen regulators into nitrogen regulators (as can be seen on the pressure gauge). True nitrogen regulators are rated at 3000psi.
Ok thanks. I did release a bit at the beginning. I noticed it also says in the pph to let some out till gets to a lower pressure. I think it's fine where it is on the gauge. It has been stored without issue and works ok. Gawd what a mess. Honestly I just didn't know where or how to get one in the U.K. with a flow rate thing i could set so I bought theirs. I think I just wanted it to be easier. I wish it would all go away. Thank you.

Reactions: Greenberg
TheStandard

TheStandard

Feb 16, 2022
So, tested today to make sure that everything was working, which it is. Goddamn SI kicked in, and I pulled the bag off my head once I started feeling a bit tingly. Will be trying this again later, when drunk. Hopefully this helps.

Also, using JUST this regulator with a nitrogen tank, so my earlier post about needing two different items was wrong, can't edit so I'm putting the info here.
It does come with a hose nozzle inside of the package as well, so I just needed to get tubing and I picked up some hose clamps to make sure that it doesn't get pulled off.

Last edited:
W

Wet and Cold

Feb 19, 2022
Tried this method but I think I'm doing something wrong. I exhaled as deeply as I could and put a plastic bag over my head and used an elastic band to secure it and put tape around the tubing to secure it. At first it was hard to breathe and the bag was sucking in and out with my breaths. Once I started letting the gas flow (helium) it felt like I was breathing normally though it didn't feel like breathing normal air. Around the 1 minute mark, it's like my mind was telling me this is it, I'm going to die. Admittedly I was a little scared, but remained calm. Then I started to feel lightheaded and the lightheadedness persisted for about 30 seconds before I ripped the bag off my head. The total time I sat there was 2 minutes and a half, but I read that you're meant to pass out in seconds. Am I meant to continue sitting there until I pass out or have I done something wrong?

W

Wiltshire

Nov 14, 2019
Tried this method but I think I'm doing something wrong. I exhaled as deeply as I could and put a plastic bag over my head and used an elastic band to secure it and put tape around the tubing to secure it. At first it was hard to breathe and the bag was sucking in and out with my breaths. Once I started letting the gas flow (helium) it felt like I was breathing normally though it didn't feel like breathing normal air. Around the 1 minute mark, it's like my mind was telling me this is it, I'm going to die. Admittedly I was a little scared, but remained calm. Then I started to feel lightheaded and the lightheadedness persisted for about 30 seconds before I ripped the bag off my head. The total time I sat there was 2 minutes and a half, but I read that you're meant to pass out in seconds. Am I meant to continue sitting there until I pass out or have I done something wrong?
Have you actually read the PPH and the detailed thread on this method? For a start a lot of helium isn't pure and might have oxygen in with it, that's why other inert gases are recommended (unless you know your helium is 100% pure). You need to make a proper bag with an elastic drawcord not just an elastic band (there are definitely some links to video's and examples somewhere on the site/thread if you have a good look and do a search. You also let the gas flow and fill up the bag while it is sat around your forehead before you pull it down-that way the oxygen in the bag has already been displaced. It sounds like you really need to read the very specific method instructions.

• Informative
Reactions: TheStandard and Wet and Cold
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
The fact that you remained conscious for over a minute means that your gas was mixed with oxygen. I would suggest that you consider another gas like nitrogen or argon.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium and TheStandard
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Their cylinder looks good but it is made of steel. I would recommend that you purchase an aluminum one instead. The weight difference becomes significant with increasing volume. Best, G

genericuser

genericuser

Student
Feb 9, 2022
Does anyone know if a 40 cu ft gas cylinder would fit in a large backpack? Or a suitcase?

Reactions: bitingthedust
TheStandard

TheStandard

Feb 16, 2022
Does anyone know if a 40 cu ft gas cylinder would fit in a large backpack? Or a suitcase?
Maybe a very large backpack, but a duffel bag would work though. I have one laying beside me right now.

L

lazyquestionkid

Mar 13, 2022
Does anyone know if a non-rebreather oxygen mask connected to a 20cf nitrogen tank would work instead of an exit bag, if so would I need to change the flow rate of 15/LPM to something else? Also, my regulator only shows psi and kPa, I don't really understand what those measurements mean for this situation so would it be okay if used a flow meter connected to the regulator? I have not yet found a flowmeter for a nitrogen tank but if anyone has one recommended for at most 50 (on a budget) please send the link. Thank you please respond

regulator: here

Last edited: