• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
I have a forced sunny disposition, so I don't have this issue as much as I did pre-lying to the entire world.

However, before this shit, I hated it. As I would hate it if someone told me to smile more now. My emotions are not a plaything for others, and they shouldn't dictate how others feel, if that's any of their issue.

been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Curious how people here experience the problem of being expected to smile all the time. Do people ever command you to smile? Are you good at it? Does it make you feel better or worse?
Apologies if I've misread you, but from your posts I can't imagine you giving a shit about smiling for others.

DoomedxFromBirth

DoomedxFromBirth

Waste of Agony
Jun 1, 2019
Someone at work said I was too pretty not to smile and then proceeded to show me their arm which was full of old cuts. I understood what they were trying to say maybe that life was too short or whatever. I said it didnt work that way for some people. I commended them for no longer cutting. I didnt want to go into detail with how I felt or what I was going through. This person pops up constantly always trying to give me positive words that bounce off me.

Throughout my life I've been told that a lot "you're too pretty not to smile" what the hell does that mean. How you look has nothing to do with smiling. Most of the time Im not smiling. Its very rare.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I have a forced sunny disposition, so I don't have this issue as much as I did pre-lying to the entire world.

However, before this shit, I hated it. As I would hate it if someone told me to smile more now. My emotions are not a plaything for others, and they shouldn't dictate how others feel, if that's any of their issue.
My cope is weed. Makes it easy to walk around grinning and talking in cheery voice even though I'm secretly wishing everyone else on the planet would just disappear.
Without weed, it's
"My face isn't here for your fucking amusement."

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I haven't been sober in 15 years.

Well you haven't missed out on much... Humanity became more dumbed than ever before. Cost of living is higher than ever. A lot of people have been killing each other in certain parts of the world over stupid reasons. Music has gotten much worse. The Earth has become more polluted. And technology has improved, slightly. Some good TV shows and video games have come out. And many Americans are turning into Nazis.

Last edited:
DoomedxFromBirth

DoomedxFromBirth

Waste of Agony
Jun 1, 2019
Yeah, like I dont remember asking youuu

Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
Curious how people here experience the problem of being expected to smile all the time. Do people ever command you to smile? Are you good at it? Does it make you feel better or worse?
My parents cultivated that insane thinking within me since a very early age because I looked so fucking "miserable" all the time. (Truth be told - I was a miserable little fuck) Now, it's all I know in the public eye. And I don't go out that much because it takes too much work to be fake. Fuck it. Honestly. So yea, it makes it worse. Having to be "perfect" all the time takes a toll. I'm just trying to make it to the next minute most times... fuck you if you feel the need for a smile from me. You selfish fucks.

So I guess that leads to more lonely times? Fuck it. I now don't feel so alone... thanks to you guys. Thanks for letting me be me... and thanks for being you.

LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing

I'm a saint, got a date with suicide
May 23, 2019
I'm one of those people that smiles at everyone, even when I'm hurting; you know, that whole "the prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets" stuff. It gives the illusion I'm fine, but I have no problem doing it, I get smiles in return and it's easy for me.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Yeah, like I dont remember asking youuu
As a female,you are meant to be so stupid and shallow that any mention of the words "pretty" or "popular" is supposed to make you immediately snap your behavior in line with whatever the people around you want from you.
Did you not get the memo?

For me it's always "But you're so pretty when you smile."
Holy fuck, I am 45 years old, not 5.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
My parents cultivated that insane thinking within me since a very early age because I looked so fucking "miserable" all the time. (Truth be told - I was a miserable little fuck) Now, it's all I know in the public eye. And I don't go out that much because it takes too much work to be fake. Fuck it. Honestly. So yea, it makes it worse. Having to be "perfect" all the time takes a toll. I'm just trying to make it to the next minute most times... fuck you if you feel the need for a smile from me. You selfish fucks.

So I guess that leads to more lonely times? Fuck it. I now don't feel so alone... thanks to you guys. Thanks for letting me be me... and thanks for being you.

Hahahaha, I would pay money to see your parents spend time in Germany. They would be freaking out 24/7. In Germany, it is not socially acceptable to smile too much. If you do so, people will think you are insane. LOL "People will be thinking, why the fuck is that person smiling all the time. Maybe he or she is retarded." Then they will avoid you... So yeah...they will be somewhere with nobody smiling...

• Love
Reactions: HGL91 and freya
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

May 29, 2019
Hahahaha, I would pay money to see your parents spend time in Germany. They would be freaking out 24/7. In Germany, it is not socially acceptable to smile too much. If you do so, people will think you are insane. LOL "People will be thinking, why the fuck is that person smiling all the time. Maybe he or she is retarded." Then they will avoid you... So yeah...they will be somewhere with nobody smiling...
Haha! The fucked Up part is my dad has German heritage...

Now that I know, maybe I should place my roots in Germany and finally be happy being "miserable"

Reactions: Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Haha! The fucked Up part is my dad has German heritage...

Now that I know, maybe I should place my roots in Germany and finally be happy being "miserable"

LOL that is ironic. But the Germans who moved to America, had to adapt to American culture otherwise everyone would hate them.

Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

May 29, 2019
LOL that is ironic. But the Germans who moved to America, had to adapt to American culture otherwise everyone would hate them.
But he was raised in a hard east coast city and my mom is Asian so emotional shit shouldn't be a topic...

Can't win either way man, I'm telling ya!

WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019

Seems like Germany is paradise

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
The only time I ever like to smile is when I'm walking past strangers on the street when they give me eye contact, other than that when people say "Fake it to make it" it all seems to far-fetched and glorified that i'm suppose to just get over the problems I am facing and fake a smile while I'm pretending to be hunky fucking dory

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Seems like Germany is paradise
It's a good country to live in. But it's not for everyone. Some people would not be able to adapt to the culture there, I think for various reasons.
But he was raised in a hard east coast city and my mom is Asian so emotional shit shouldn't be a topic...

Can't win either way man, I'm telling ya!

Strange. Maybe it could be your mother's influence on him.

Last edited:

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
People don't tell me to smile because I do it compulsively since childhood :)

Reactions: Cevapcici
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Nobody wants me to smile or ask why i don't smile. But i imagine it'll mean nothing for me. Or maybe i'll just freak out and go away asap. Luckily, in my country almost nobody smiles to you on the street, so i don't need to too.

blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
I work in retail, so always being told to simile by the managers, and while i do it. it's always a fake smile. i simply just hate doing it. it's soo phony
If i was the one being served i would rather be served by someone not smiling, instead of someone you can obliviously tell is putting on a fake smile.

Even growing up I never really smiled much and my parents always told me to smile and say "look at it this way. your a live. so at least smile at that". lol